Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana Weekly 26 April 2019

Adam Montana

Good morning DV!

The sun is shining most places and it's a great day to be here!

No major updates on the dinar, but that's not discouraging in the least. If you check my last couple weekly updates, and then compare to the news posts over the last week, you'll see that we're simply tracking on a positive course.

All good stuff, my friends! :twothumbs:

VIPs, there is a new post up for you in the VIP section: 

I also sent out an email yesterday to all VIPs. If you're in VIP, and you did not see that email in your inbox, then it went to your spam or promotions or some other email destination... it's up to you to fix that! I can't control your email inbox, and we don't want you to miss important updates, so take a minute to ensure DinarVets emails are landing in your Primary inbox and you'll enjoy the peace of mind that comes along with that.

:pirateship:

One last thing - in that VIP post, I mentioned an upcoming OSI post. After sleeping on it last night, I am going to save that post for during Ramadan. 

That's it from me for today - let's use this thread for Q's from the members for my next update. The current news trend is really positive and I have a suspicion that I'll be doing more than one update next week.

GOOOOO RRRRVVVVVV!!!!!

:tiphat: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Hmmm.....not addressing the OSI info until Ramadingdong?........aren't you the one who says nothing ever happens during that illustrious event.......that leads us to mid June.....time to take a vacation or a long nap....    CL

Noticed that, too, CL.  Unfortunately, apparently there was no major HCL news.  But, hope springs eternal.  We still have a week!!

• Upvote 3

Baghdad, Kurdistan to discuss oil disputes, 50 percent bpd boost in Kirkuk

48 minutes ago

http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/8a616b3b-8f4d-4df6-ae01-479391adf9e0

Baghdad, Kurdistan to discuss oil disputes, 50 percent bpd boost in Kirkuk
An employee works in an oil field in Iraq. (Photo: Archive)

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – A delegation from Baghdad will soon meet with officials from the autonomous Kurdistan Region to discuss disputes related to oil exports and other budget agreements, Iraq’s Oil Minister Thamer Ghadhban said on Thursday.

Ghadhban also stated that his ministry had conducted research to boost oil output capacity from Kirkuk Province's oilfields by 50 percent of the current level, Reuters reported.

Earlier this month, the Iraqi official visited Kirkuk and said that the Iraqi federal government would build a refinery in the province that would boost barrels of oil per day (bpd) that Kirkuk is able to produce.

“The ministry has put the final touches on building an investment refinery in Kirkuk with a capacity of 150,000 barrels per day and according to the latest international standards,” he said.

Exports from oil fields in Kirkuk to Turkey’s Ceyhan port rose to 99,000 bpd in March, from 63,000 bpd the month before, according to the ministry’s statement.

The disputed province, claimed by both the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) and the federal government of Iraq, has some of the oldest and largest oilfields in the Middle East.

Since 2014, Kirkuk’s oil was exported through the Kurdistan Region to Turkey. However, the shipment was halted after the military takeover by Iraqi forces and Shia militias in the province on Oct. 16, 2017. On Nov. 16, 2018, Baghdad restarted exports of Kirkuk oil to Turkey through the Kurdistan Region’s oil pipeline at a rate of around 50,000 bpd.

Iraq is the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries’ (OPEC) second-largest producer just after Saudi Arabia and currently has an output below its maximum capacity of nearly five million bpd.

In early January, Baghdad reaffirmed its commitment to cut annual oil production as per an agreement between OPEC and additional non-member states such as Russia – known together as OPEC+ – to curtail global supply and bolster prices. 

Edited by 6ly410
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Hmmm.....not addressing the OSI info until Ramadingdong?........aren't you the one who says nothing ever happens during that illustrious event.......that leads us to mid June.....time to take a vacation or a long nap....    CL

Was thinking the same thing when I read that line. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Holy Moly! I know Adam didn't call out a date or anything but I REALLY liked this " The current news trend is really positive and I have a suspicion that I'll be doing more than one update next week"  Reading that blurb certainly got my attention as we wind this journey down. Thanks for all that you put into this Adam! Go RV!  

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

nothing ever happens during that illustrious event.......that leads us to mid June.....time to take a vacation or a long nap....

Investing In Dinar Should Come With A Warning ! :o 

No Caption Provided

:D  :D  :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

Agree with your comment coorslite21,

Iraq is moving forward but still has a lot of work to do.... nothing gets done

in ramadingdong 😂

- government is not fully seated 

- financial inclusion started yesterday 

- third review IMF-SBA third quarter 2019

- e-governance project still in the work

- HCL and Art 140 in discussion 

- rampant corruption 

- Census 2020

- private banks in Iraq are still far from the banking business

-They haven’t started to develop private sector yet.

iraq needs an economy that can support a higher value of the IQD... they’re not there yet.

like you said CL21..... time to take a vacation or a long nap.

Go iraq 

Go reality 

Go work to do

• Thanks 7
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, DinarThug said:

Laid Back

• Om sai Ram
  • Laid Back
  •  

And This Is Coming From Our Resident Long Nap Expert - Hammock Boy ! :o 

Power NAP!. This is the real .. Fake and gay!

:D  :D  :D 

Clown🤡 you crack me up👍🏼😂

5 hours ago, wildeman said:

Agree with you LB, I keep checking and hoping but it

looks like another wasted year. 

namaste..

wildeman, thanks for your input,

In my opinion its not another wasted year.... I see a lot of progress in different areas

but still work to do.

Go RV sooner than later 

Go $1:1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Kurdistan Region pays Gulf Keystone nearly $15 million for January oil share

By Rudaw 2 hours ago 
398Views
Kurdistan Region pays Gulf Keystone nearly $15 million for January oil share
An employee works at an oil facility in the Kurdistan Region. File photo: Rudaw
ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – The Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) has made a gross payment of $14.7 million to British oil producing company Gulf Keystone for the sales it made from Sheikhan field in January.

“Gulf Keystone confirms that a gross payment of $14.7 million ($11.5 million net to GKP) has been received from the Kurdistan Regional Government for Shaikan crude oil sales during January 2019,” a statement released by the company on Friday said.

Gulf Keystone Petroleum operates in Sheikhan field in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq’s province of Duhok, which currently produces 40,000 barrels of oil per day.

The company first discovered Sheikhan field in 2009, which has plans to boost its daily production of crude oil in the field to 55,000 barrels per day. Overall production from the field has now exceeded 40 million barrels, the company says.

Other companies have commended the KRG for making timely payments as it recovers from the economic crunch. 

During the past four years, the KRG was unable to make a regular and timely payments to energy companies operating in the Kurdistan Region due to its overstretched financial resources allocated partly to fund its war with the Islamic State (ISIS), accommodate an influx of refugees from Syria and displaced persons from Iraq, as well as its budget share cut by Baghdad in 2014.

Following its budget cut by the federal government, the KRG started to implement an unpopular salary-saving system that paid employees only a portion of their salaries. The system was rolled back following the passage of Iraq’s federal budget for 2019 that saw the Kurdistan Region receive a share in order to pay employee salaries.

Nearly 1.8 million Syrian refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) turned to the Kurdistan Region to seek shelter after the Syrian conflict exacerbated and the jihadist group swept through Iraq and took large swathes of territory in the country.

Now that relations between the KRG and Baghdad have improved, the KRG is in a better position to regularly pay oil and gas companies working in the region. And this will create better conditions for oil and gas companies to invest more in the region, helping Erbil recover from the financial setbacks of the past four years.

Brent Crude Oil traded at $72.15 per barrel on Saturday, according to the Financial Times — down from just over $74 on Monday when US sanctions targeting Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps went into effect.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1