Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Wednesday Afternoon Guru Opinions @ 4 PM EDT - 4/17/2019

4-16-2019  Newshound Guru Kaperoni   Most people that follow me know what we're waiting on before will start to see any activity as far as the currency rising in value. But for those that don't know I'll recap a few of them...It is a must that they finish filling the final three or four ministers that are missing in the new government.  Parliament needs to start passing some laws. These laws will make it more appealing for investors to come to Iraq. There are several still outstanding.  Stability still needs to improve in some areas mostly outlining areas where construction will take place...(Post 1 of 2)... (Reposted for continuity).
4-17-2019  Newshound Guru Kaperoni ...The government needs to...make significant strides towards stopping bribes, payoffs, money laundering and theft.  CBI still as far as I know has not implemented Deposit Insurance. Thesafeguard is an absolute must for investors to bring their money to Iraq.  And lastly I believe the CBI needs to accept the conditions of IMF Article VIII to allow freedom of movement of capital. In other words allow investors to get their profits out.  These are not all mandatory but are significant enough to stop investors from bringing their capital to Iraq. And after all what we're looking for is significant investment capital to begin to create a private sector.

Edited by ronscarpa
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Added at 11:20 PM EDT:

4-17-2019   Newshound Guru Adam Montana   There was a bit of suspense regarding Iraqi Parliamentary activity today. The Financial Management aspect was pushed off, but I don't see that as a major factor. The other 5 matters were attended to, from what we can tell...5 out of 6 is a huge improvement over what we used to see out of Parliament!   This is just another testament to the progress Iraq has made and continues to make. Oil...I know I don't have to harp on this, but oil is a big deal and Iraq is focused heavily. In fact, OIL wasn't even officially on the agenda for today's Parliament votes, yet it was still a heavy matter of discussion.  I'm reading into that part. It wasn't even on the official agenda, but it was a major point of discussion. The goal, as stated by all reports, is to get affairs in order quickly. That makes sense to me, and I'm keeping a keen eye on things.  To add to that thought, let's consider the current global situations of two other countries that are relevant to Iraq's progression: Iran and Saudi Arabia...

4-17-2019   Newshound Guru Adam Montana  Iran and Iraq are friendlier than I like, but that's an emotional opinion rather than a business one. Iran is in a geographical position to be beneficial to Iraq, and Iraq does have a large percentage of it's population that is sympathetic to Iran, so some buddying up is to be expected and will not prevent or delay a restructuring or revaluing of their currency. Iran is handicapped by sanctions at the moment, so they are of less help than they would be otherwise.

Saudi Arabia, on the other hand, is not crippled at all. They are powerful, in good graces on many accounts, and are getting friendlier with Iraq than they have in the past. Since Iran is not the most capable ally to Iraq, does it surprise anyone that PM Abadi is in Saudi Arabia today... discussing trade, policy, and OIL? Abadi is currently on day 1 of a 2 day visit. I am crossing my fingers for some solid progress as a result of the things I've just mentioned.

:twothumbs: 

Edited by ronscarpa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1