Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq assures the International Monetary Fund (IMF) that it is adopting a new policy to diversify its sources of income

yota691

Looks like they're doing what the IMF told them to do....... Diversification of the economy.

I think after the third review of the IMF-SBA iraq will be move to Article VIII ...... Ready to go international

with an international recognized currency.

Go RV

Go $1:1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Botzwana said:

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2017/11/22/statement-from-imf-mission-on-iraq/

Says there the third review happened on Nov 17 2017...   The Iraqi authorities and the staff of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) continued discussions in Amman from November 17 to 21, 2017 on the third review of Iraq’s 36-month Stand-By Arrangement (SBA).

Thanks for your input Botzwana,

The Iraqi authorities and the staff of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) "continued discussions" in Amman from November 17 to 21, 2017 on the third review of Iraq’s 36-month Stand-By Arrangement (SBA).

SBA 2016-2019.

The next review with Iraq is expected to take place within 24 months 

24 month is August 2019

I recommend you to read the 137 pages pdf. of the second review........ Good information.

Go RV sooner than later.

Edited by Laid Back
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Laid Back said:

"Within 24 months" appears to be the key verbiage, according to Laid Back and I'm good with that .....................

To me, that means August 2019 or before. Just sayin' .............................

Plus, recently there sure seems to be a lot of chatter and conversation regarding the Iraqi currency, which leads me to think that we, here at DV, aren't the only ones watching this process evolve.

Semper Fi:salute:

Show me 'da ......... :bagofmoney:

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

12 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Do you have a link that is saying the third review Will be on August 24th 2019?

Botzwana my friend, why you always tend to stir the pot.?

I didn’t say August 24. Also I see few members complaining about your behavior 

in this forum.

Read the second review 137 pages pdf..... you and your group will have a better understanding of the economic developments in Iraq.

12 hours ago, Carrello said:

Laid Back didn't say anything about August 24th. He said 24 months out would put the review at August 2019.

I think the 137 page report must have some good info it and I'm going to read it. Thanks, Laid Back!

Hi Carrello, nice to see my friend. Hope you’re doing well.

The second review have very good information.... A must read in my opinion.

cr17251.ashx

10 hours ago, Hotcurl said:

"Within 24 months" appears to be the key verbiage, according to Laid Back and I'm good with that .....................

To me, that means August 2019 or before. Just sayin' .............................

Plus, recently there sure seems to be a lot of chatter and conversation regarding the Iraqi currency, which leads me to think that we, here at DV, aren't the only ones watching this process evolve.

Semper Fi:salute:

Show me 'da ......... :bagofmoney:

Thanks for your input Hotcurl,

Usually the IMF SBA review are scheduled to be yearly. In Iraq case the first 

review was in 2016 the second review in 2017 the third review  was supposed to be 

in 2018 but Iraq asked for 24 months extension. 

Go RV sooner than later 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 7

44 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

What bad behavior am I exhibiting?  Just curious.   It is true I have asked people to not complain and showing frustration.  I dont see how that is bad behavior though.  If anything whining and complaining it is not here yet is the bad behavior no?  Me saying hey let´s be positive and not bring negativity here is that that.   

And you did say the below….

24 month is August 2019

I read it as August 24th.  Which is why I asked for a link.   If asking for a link is bad behavior….perhaps you need a dictionary on what constitutes bad behavior?   Now if I had said- YOU ARE A LIAR, THERE IS NO AUGUST 24TH DATE ETC...  Then I think you would have a case that I am off my rocker and am showing bad behavior...But asking for a link for what I thought was an August 24th date is not that.

Synopsis attacking me for liking comics IS bad behavior though.  Had nothing to do with the topic at hand.  Yet he got thumbs up and I got thumbs down for HIS attack.  So maybe I am in a parallel universo here where up is down and black is White etc.

Come on Botzwana, You’re stirring the pot again. I didn’t say bad behavior.

I said, few people is complaining about your behavior because you like to stir

the pot about some comments you’re not agree.

To stir the pot is to agitate a situation to cause a reaction or trouble.

like a said in my post above. Read the second review 137 pages pdf..... you and your group will have a better understanding of the economic developments in Iraq.

like they said in Mexico...... deja la chingadera buey😂

Go RV sooner than later.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 6

Deputy: Travel of the Minister of Permanent Finance outside Iraq has negatively impacted the economy of the country

Political | 11:17 - 17/04/2019

BAGHDAD - 
A member of the House of Representatives on the block of the new generation opposition Sarkot Shams al-Din, on Wednesday, what he called shuttle visits outside Iraq to Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance Fouad Hussein and his continued absence, which is hampering the economy in the country. 
"Hussein left Iraq more than 10 days ago, and his absence began to hurt the fragile financial market in Iraq and led to delays in payments to investors and salaries of employees of the Kurdistan Regional Government for more than two weeks," Shamseddine said in a statement received by Mawazine News. . 
He said that "the Finance Committee in the House of Representatives called the Minister of Finance to attend a hearing on the discussion of the financial situation in the country, but the frequent travel and permanent absence led to delay until his return."
"The minister did not authorize an agent or any employee to represent him in his absence, so hundreds of applications are awaiting his signature, including parliamentary inquiries." He called on the parliament to "take quick and appropriate action against the Minister of Finance, The future of frequent and permanent absence from his government work. "Ended 29 / a 43

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Foreign Affairs: The international effort should include the prosecution of those involved and supporters of terrorist operations

Economy | 11:57 - 17/04/2019

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - 
Foreign Ministry spokesman Ahmed al-Sahaf said on Wednesday that the international effort would include pursuing those involved, supporters and financiers of terrorist operations. 
"Iraq is trying to move from the stage of stability to the stage of reconstruction and reconstruction," Sahaf said during a speech at a meeting of the foreign ministers of Iraq, Jordan, Greece and Cyprus in the Jordanian capital Amman. 
"The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) is one of the arms of the Stabilization Group and its efforts with the Iraqi government to facilitate the voluntary return of refugees, including demining, water projects and the restoration of services to the liberated areas," he said.
"The current phase requires international cooperation in dealing with the devastation caused by terrorism," Sahaf said, adding that "the international effort should also include the prosecution of those involved, supporters and financiers of terrorist operations." 
"The post-emergency recovery program should include strengthening the role of women, empowering them, restoring stability and reconstruction," he said.

• Upvote 2

130486.jpg?width=750&&height=375

2019/04/17 12:10
  • Number of readings 33
  • Section: Iraq
  •  

The new generation: The travel of the permanent finance minister outside Iraq has negatively affected the country's economy

BAGHDAD / Al-Masala: MP criticized the mobility of the "new generation" Sarkot Shams al-Din, Wednesday, April 17, 2019, travel Minister of Finance Permanent outside Iraq, indicating that this had a negative impact on the economy of the country.

"The shuttle visits outside Iraq to Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance Fuad Hussein, and his continued absence, are hampering the economy in the country," Shamseddin said in a statement. "Hussein left Iraq more than 10 days ago and his absence began to hurt the market. Financial crisis in Iraq. "

"The absence of the Minister of Finance has also delayed payments to investors and salaries of employees of the Kurdistan Regional Government for more than two weeks."

"The Finance Committee in the House of Representatives invited the Minister of Finance to attend a hearing on the discussion of the financial situation in the country, but the frequent travel and permanent absence led to delay until the return."

He pointed out that "the Minister of Finance did not authorize an agent or any employee to act on him in the absence of him, and therefore hundreds of applications awaiting signing, including parliamentary inquiries," and called on parliament to "take quick and appropriate action against the Minister of Finance can deter him in the future from Frequent and permanent absence from his government, "as he put it.

Follow the obelisk

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/169023/الجيل-الجديد-سفر-وزير-المالية-الدائم-خارج-العراق-أثر-سلبا-في-اقتصاد-البلد

• Upvote 2

Baghdad Post Wednesday, 17 April 2019 12:56 PM

Deputy: Travel Permanent Minister of Finance outside Iraq impedes the economy in the country

Fouad Hussein

A member of the House of Representatives on the block of the new generation Sarkot Shams al-Din , on Wednesday, what he called the shuttle visits outside Iraq to the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance Fouad Hussein and his continued absence, which is hinder the economy in the country. 

"Hussein left Iraq more than 10 days ago, and his absence began to hurt the fragile financial market in Iraq and led to delays in payments to investors and salaries of employees of the Kurdistan Regional Government for more than two weeks," Shamseddin said in a press release. 

He said that "the Finance Committee in the House of Representatives called the Minister of Finance to attend a hearing on the discussion of the financial situation in the country, but the frequent travel and permanent absence led to delay until his return."

He added that "the minister did not authorize an agent or any employee to act on him in the event of his absence, and therefore hundreds of applications are waiting for his signature, including parliamentary inquiries, and called on parliament to" take quick and appropriate action against the Minister of Finance can deter him in the future of frequent and permanent absence For his government work. "

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/ar/Story/163509/نائب-سفر-وزير-المالية-الدائم-خارج-العراق-يعيق-الاقتصاد-في-البلد

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Botzwana said:

You literally said folks are complaining about my behavior.  Do folks in your world normally complain about GOOD behavior?  So...……………..the only logical thing one could think is the behavior is bad, no?   Oh oh but you didnt say bad so...…….I mean really?    I still fail to see how asking for a link from you is stirring the pot….

I think you might be a Little sensative my man.

you got a bad Attiude, dont ever call me a Nazi!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Ladies fight nicely. It is 100% true , Laid Back  never said August 24th ... fact. It's also DV edicate and fine to ask for a link to an article least one's statment gets labeled fake news. Like CNN & PMSN stuff. Chewing on someone because they didn't include one, or didn't share their thoughts followed by a JMHO suffix ain't right neither. Chill peeps. Amen little willie. Amen.

Edited by new york kevin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

I was mistaken about the 24th of August....BUT you could see how someone Reading fast could interpret that right?  Which is why I asked for a link.  I thought he had seen something I hadnt.  Or had some kind of info I missed.  But to tell me that I am stirring the pot by asking for a link is wrong imo.  If he had just corrected me and stated it was the 24th month and I read it wrong.  I would have said oops, and went on my Merry way.  He read a bad attittude on my part that was not there.

Then peace to all, and to all a $1-$1.50 RV before Ramadan. Wishful thinking maybe. Yet the Bank of Iraq is opening up a branch in S.A. tomorrow that one article said so ... maybe yes.

Edited by new york kevin
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Hey what if The GOI builds like 10 or 20 water desalination plants, supplies all the water its people will need now and into the future, banks some and sells the rest to neighboring countries. That would be a way to diversify their economy, and to expand agribusiness internally.

Edited by new york kevin
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, new york kevin said:

Then peace to all, and to all a $1-$1.50 RV before Ramadan. Wishful thinking maybe. Yet the Bank of Iraq is opening up a branch in S.A. tomorrow that one article said so ... maybe yes.

You got my vote NYK. Trust you are doing well, it has been awhile.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, new york kevin said:

Hey what if The GOI builds like 10 or 20 water desalination plants, supplies all the water its people will need now and into the future, banks some and sells the rest to neighboring countries. That would be a way to diversify their economy, and to expand agribusiness internally.

I agree with you NYK, but we ain't dealing with highly motivated individuals over there. This is a country that has a very large river running through it (which would be more dam building for them. (hopefully unlike the Mosul dam)....Yet they are still buying electricity from Iran.... Not exactly bright and focused over achievers. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, jcfrag said:

I agree with you NYK, but Not exactly bright and focused over achievers.  This is a country that has a very large river running through it (which would be more dam building for them. (hopefully unlike the Mosul dam)....Yet they are still buying electricity from Iran.... Not exactly bright and focused over achievers. 

" Not exactly bright and focused over achievers."  :lol:  :bravo:   :twothumbs: 

Edited by 10 YEARS LATER
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

You got my vote NYK. Trust you are doing well, it has been awhile.

Chuck thank you for asking. I am doing fine to good. So much frustration and worries will be lifted when this does RV. New concerns may replace them but only up to the point the full Estate Plan, Irrevocable Trust, and Retirement Plan is created. I will just pray that my kids will move outside Cali to a state where they can raise the Grand Kids and we can live off of a Retirement Income. Then there will be the meeting for the DV Post RV Gala. I only hope at that point we can all be friendly. I want to meet you and Luigi and Yota and Rod and Staff and many others.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, new york kevin said:

Chuck thank you for asking. I am doing fine to good. So much frustration and worries will be lifted when this does RV. New concerns may replace them but only up to the point the full Estate Plan, Irrevocable Trust, and Retirement Plan is created. I will just pray that my kids will move outside Cali to a state where they can raise the Grand Kids and we can live off of a Retirement Income. Then there will be the meeting for the DV Post RV Gala. I only hope at that point we can all be friendly. I want to meet you and Luigi and Yota and Rod and Staff and many others.

They need to move out of Cali for sure. Looking forward to meeting you at the RV Gala too.  :tiphat:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1