Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

MASS SHOOTING!!!! – WHERE’S THE NATIONAL MEDIA?

bigwave

by Jim Quinn

Doesn’t fit the gun grabber left wing narrative. Committed by blacks against blacks in the beautiful Democratic bastion of Chicago, home to the toughest gun laws in the country. So it goes.

Via Chicago Sun

MEDIA?

Doesn’t fit the gun grabber left wing narrative. Committed by blacks against blacks in the beautiful Democratic bastion of Chicago, home to the toughest gun laws in the country. So it goes.

Via Chicago Sun

At least 6 shot, including 2 kids, in drive-by at family gathering in Englewood

At least six people were wounded, including an 8-year-old boy and a 10-year-old girl, in a drive-by shooting Saturday evening on the South Side that happened while a family was celebrating the upcoming birth of a child.

Gunfire erupted at 6:21 p.m. outside the gathering in the 6300 block of South Seeley in the Englewood neighborhood, according to Chicago police. The shots were fired from a red Chevrolet 

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/mass-shooting-wheres-the-national-media/

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

All Chicago shootings have been determined to be off limits per the Messiah unless they first get his blessing. In which you have to bow down before him and kiss his ring. You know him he called for "hopey and changey" and married Michael Moochelle the "it" that said wasn't proud to be Amercan except while the Messiah was in office. IT or the Thing said she hated America before the Messiah was elected and once out of office. The one who gave greenbacks by the planeload to the terrorist army and enemy. He brought forth the Arab Spring in which it turned out to be nothing more than hell on earth. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 4

***///

Glad they're going after that ruse of a DA Fox who let Jussie-the-Wussie off....

SHE's probably responsible for more killers & scofflaws getting "breaks" & put

back on the streets of Chi-Town than anyone else.

Once the liberals grab onto a place - as we all well know - it goes straight to hell in a hand cart.

Wonder what's gonna happen when Trump ships a buttload of illegals up there.

The two-faced lying libs are already screaming "NIMBY" over THAT one !

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

Hold on!!!, I had an apiffiny. 

I know its simple yet very direct and some may say its hard to believe, ready..,.........,..........

Strict Gun laws = more crime. 

See, check it out. When people are not alowed to defend themselves people with guns, the ones that did not "volunteer ally turn in thier guns" take advantage of the ones that can not defend themselves. Thats it!  Police are left to clean up. 

Now, the places with less strict gun laws, the people that are allowed to defend themselves, make examples of the rapist, home invasion, pedofiles, I probably missed a few that are left lieing in a puddle of thier own blood. Unfortunately they cant go home to their home boys to tell them, hey they got guns too and they know how to shoot them. Lol. 

This event Trumps all the nut cases out there that want to be famous in their own minds, you pull out a gun and point it at a innocent, they drop dead by multiple gun shots and the bad guy is not allowed to just run out of ammo or people to gun down and just like the movies the police arive to clean up the mess. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

This kind of activity goes on in every major city in the USA.  Thousands die every year, but while the guns become the scapegoat, it’s the drugs and gang violence that is the real reason for the deaths. I believe the “War on Drugs” started by Nixon in the 70’s has been replaced by “Let’s Get Paid” by our sellout politicians these days.  Parts of our cities are war zones and very little is being done to stop it.

I was asked once what was one of the main problems in the USA.  I didn’t hesitate, DRUGS!!!  Working with teenagers aged 15-18 years old for over 25 years I have seen first hand the devastation that drugs have reeked on youngsters, their families, and their communities. Working ER for a number of years I also have seen the car accidents, the gunshot wounds, and the knifings,  From a business person point of view I have seen the job loss, the days missed, the unproductively of workers strung out on drugs.  

I know I’ve taken this thread in a different direction and I apologize.  I’m giving my take on this thread based on my life experiences.  I’m a little jaded because I just got back from a funeral of one of my ballplayers who died of a heroin overdose.  The young man had a bright future but got hooked on drugs in college.  I’m sad and mad at the same time. What a waste of a life and a lot of hurt for his family friends and community.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

I’m a little jaded because I just got back from a funeral of one of my ballplayers who died of a heroin overdose.  The young man had a bright future but got hooked on drugs in college.  I’m sad and mad at the same time. What a waste of a life and a lot of hurt for his family friends and community.  

End Quote

So sad to hear that, Pitcher....Sorry for your loss

• Thanks 4

• 3 weeks later...

If there is a will there is a way. (Charts didn't copy and paste)

Ten charts on the rise of knife crime in England and Wales

dannyshaw.png
Danny ShawHome affairs correspondent@DannyShawBBCon Twitter
A large knifeImage copyrightAFP

After falling for several years, knife crime in England and Wales is rising again. So what is happening?

Total knife offences in England and Wales

Offences involving a knife or sharp instrument

Source: Home Office, year ending March. Figures exclude Greater Manchester.

There were 39,818 knife crime offences in the 12 months ending September 2018.

This is a two-thirds increase from the low-point in the year ending March 2014, when there were 23,945 offences, and is the highest number since comparable data was compiled.

These statistics do not include those from Greater Manchester Police because of data recording issues.

Out of the 44 police forces, 42 recorded a rise in knife crime since 2011.

Hospital admissions for knife assaults

Number of admissions for assault by a sharp object, England

Source: NHS Digital, year ending March

Police figures are prone to changes in counting rules and methods, but data for NHS hospitals in England over a similar period showed an 8% increase in admissions for assault by a sharp object, leading the Office for National Statistics (ONS) to conclude there had been a "real change" to the downward trend in knife crime.

Doctors said the injuries they were treating were becoming more severe and the victims were getting younger, with increasing numbers of girls involved.

What crimes are knives used for?

% of knife crime by offence type, England and Wales, year ending September 2018

Source: Home Office

All of the statistics here relate to England and Wales. Policing, criminal justice and sentencing are devolved in Scotland and Northern Ireland, which also collect crime data in slightly different ways.

In the latest figures, which include only selected knife offences, about half, 19,761, were assaults that caused an injury or where there was an intent to cause serious harm; a further 18,556 involved robberies.

Homicides comitted by knife

Number of homicides committed by knife, 1977-2018, England and Wales

Source: Home Office, calendar years until 1998. From there it is year ending March.

These figures focus on homicides, or killings, a category comprising cases of murder, manslaughter and infanticide. In about two out of every five killings, the victim was fatally assaulted with a sharp object or stabbed to death.

The number of knife-related homicides went from 272 in 2007 to 186 in 2015. Since then it's risen every year, with a steep increase in 2017-18, when there were 285 killings, the highest figure since 1946.

One in four victims were men aged 18-24.

The figures also show 25% of victims were black - the highest proportion since data was first collected in 1997.

Most violent attacks involve no weapons

Use of weapons in violent incidents, England and Wales, year ending March 2018

Source: ONS

Although knife crime is on the increase, it should be seen in context. It's relatively unusual for a violent incident to involve a knife, and rarer still for someone to need hospital treatment.

Most violence is caused by people hitting, kicking, shoving or slapping someone, sometimes during a fight and often when they're drunk; the police figures on violence also include crimes of harassment and stalking.

The Crime Survey for England and Wales, which includes offences that aren't reported to police, indicates that overall levels of violence have fallen by about a quarter since 2013.

However, the police-recorded statistics - which tend to pick up more "high harm" crimes - have indicated that the most serious violent crime is increasing.

Most perpetrators of knife crime are over 18

Knife possession offences by age, England and Wales, year ending September 2018

Source: Ministry of Justice

In the year to September 2018, 21,381 people were cautioned, reprimanded or convicted for carrying a knife in England and Wales, most of whom were adults. But one in five - 4,459 - was under the age of 18, the highest number for eight years.

Regional variation in knife crime offences

Knife offences per 100,000 people by region, England and Wales, year ending March 2018

Knife crime tends to be more prevalent in large cities, particularly in London.

For every 100,000 people in the capital, there were 168 knife offences in 2017-18, with separate figures, from the mayor's office, showing that young black and minority ethnic teenage boys and men were disproportionately affected, as both victims and perpetrators.

The Metropolitan Police Chief Commissioner Cressida **** has said tackling violence in London is her "priority".

Next highest was the West Midlands, with 72 knife offences per 100,000 population, and Yorkshire and the Humber, 79.

What has happened to stop and searches?

Stop and searches in England and Wales

The explanations for rising knife crime have ranged from police budget cuts, to gang violence and disputes between drug dealers.

Some have also cited the steep decline in the use by police of stop and search.

The powers enable officers to search people on the street if they have reasonable grounds to suspect they may be carrying weapons, illegal drugs, stolen property or items to be used to commit a crime. People can also be searched without reasonable grounds if a senior officer believes there's a risk of serious violence in a particular area.

From 2009, the number of stops fell sharply across England and Wales, especially in London, primarily because of concerns that the measures unfairly targeted young black men, wasted police resources and were ineffective at catching criminals.

Theresa May, as home secretary, led efforts to drive down the number of stops, but there's anecdotal evidence from police that young people are now more inclined to carry knives because of growing confidence they won't be stopped.

The statistical basis for that is far from clear - but Scotland Yard, with the mayor of London's support, has begun increasing the use of stop and search again.

How have police officer numbers changed?

Number of police officers in England and Wales

Source: Home Office, year ending September

Since 2010, police numbers have decreased by almost 20,000.

Prime Minister Theresa May has said there is no "direct correlation" between the rise in knife crime and a fall in police numbers, but the issue is contested.

Last year, a Home Affairs Committee report said police forces were "struggling to cope" amid falling staff numbers and a leaked Home Office document said they had "likely contributed" to a rise in serious violent crime.

Tougher sentences for knife crime are increasing

Immediate custodial sentences for knife offences, England and Wales

Source: Ministry of Justice, year ending December

The average prison term for those jailed for carrying a knife or other offensive weapon has gone up from almost five months to well over eight months, with 85% serving at least three months, compared with 53% only 10 years ago.

Sentences for all kinds of violent crime have been getting tougher, particularly for knife crime. The Ministry of Justice tracks the penalties imposed for those caught carrying knives and other offensive weapons in England and Wales.

In the year ending December 2018, 37% of those dealt with were jailed and a further 18% were given a suspended prison sentence. The figures for 2008, when the data was first compiled, were 20% and 9% respectively. Over the same period, there's been a steady decline in the use of community sentences, and a sharp drop in cautions, from 30% to 11%.

Public anxiety about knife crime, legislative changes and firmer guidance for judges and magistrates have led to the stiffer sentences, although offenders under 18 are still more likely to be cautioned than locked up.

Additional research by Ben Butcher.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, caz1104 said:

Exactly my point......if someone wants to do harm....they will find a way to do so

That is exactly the crux of the 2A. If someone wants to do harm they will find a way.

I also want a way to defend myself against them. Not get hamstrung and be defenseless. I don't want a fair fight and I want the advantage. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

That is exactly the crux of the 2A. If someone wants to do harm they will find a way.

I also want a way to defend myself against them. Not get hamstrung and be defenseless. I don't want a fair fight and I want the advantage. 

:bravo: hell yes!!!!! Wyatt Earp didn't take BB gun to the OK coral

• Thanks 2

On 5/2/2019 at 2:07 PM, caz1104 said:

Exactly my point......if someone wants to do harm....they will find a way to do so

Its an issue of the heart...……. from the beginning of time!

I pray daily on these things realizing my influence is, at best, a ripple effect to my circle of influence.

@Pitcher you are doing a noble work; there are many who appreciate and value what you do!!! Keep up the good work!!!

• Thanks 1