Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Arab Barometer Report: Growing Perceptions Of Corruption In Arab Countries

yota691

Tuesday, April 2

Search Bigger

Alsumaria News / Baghdad
predicted World Bank on Tuesday to see the economy of Iraq recovered significantly over the coming period, the expected growth of the Iraqi economy by 2.8 percent this year. 

"The Iraqi economy will witness the recovery of Iraq's economy during the coming period, especially after the formation of a new government in Baghdad," the World Bank said in a report read by Alsumaria News. 

"The Iraqi economy is expected to grow 2.8 per cent from 0.6 per cent in 2018," the report said, adding that "the agreement on the reconstruction of Iraq will give the country's economy a boost."

Iraq has suffered during the last period of economic stagnation and high unemployment due to the entry of the organization in 2014 and the wars that followed to bring this organization out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

• yota691 changed the title to The World Bank expects Iraq's economy to recover significantly in the coming period

Iraqi News Agency Information / INA
02/04/2019 14:10:00 PM | Number of readings:

The World Bank expects Iraq's economy to recover significantly in the coming period

Conscious / Baghdad / Z.

The  World Bank predicted on Tuesday that Iraq's economy will witness a remarkable recovery in the coming period, expecting the growth of the Iraqi economy by 2.8 percent this year.

"The Iraqi economy will witness the recovery of Iraq's economy in the coming period, especially after the formation of a new government in Baghdad," the World Bank said in a report.

"The Iraqi economy is expected to grow 2.8 per cent from 0.6 per cent in 2018," the report said, adding that "the agreement on the reconstruction of Iraq will give the country's economy a boost."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

• yota691 changed the title to World Bank: Iraqi economy will grow in 2019

2106.jpg
World Bank logo

money and business

Economy News Baghdad

The World Bank predicted that the Iraqi economy will witness a remarkable recovery in the coming period, likely to rise economic growth after the formation of the government of Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi.

In its annual report, the World Bank forecast 2.8 percent growth this year, especially after the formation of the new government, compared with 0.6 percent in 2018, and that the agreement on Iraq's reconstruction would give the country's economy a boost.

In the Middle East and North Africa, GDP per capita will increase 1.8 per cent and 1.3 per cent in 2020 and 2021, respectively.

The World Bank predicted real GDP in the region would grow by 3.4 and 2.7 per cent in 2020 and 2021, respectively. The Bank attributed this to the continued implementation by the countries of the region of structural reforms aimed at diversifying the economy and enhancing the business environment.

Oil-importing countries are expected to see economic growth rise to 4.7 per cent of real GDP by the end of 2021. Djibouti is leading these countries at a growth rate of 8 per cent in 2021, Government investments in infrastructure.

Number of Views 28   Date Added 02/04/2019

• Upvote 9

Date of release: 2019/4/2 10:16  398 times read
The World Bank expects Iraq's economy to recover at this rate
{International: Al Furat News} The World Bank expects the economy of Iraq and Yemen to recover significantly during the coming period, expecting the growth of the Iraqi economy by 2.8 percent this year.
A report by the bank attributed its expectation to a new government in Iraq, compared with a rate of 0.6 per cent in 2018, as well as that the agreement on the reconstruction of Iraq will give the economy a strong boost. 
The outlook for the economic performance of oil importing countries in the region is closely related to developments in oil-rich neighboring countries, particularly in the GCC countries. The recovery of oil-exporting countries is linked to increased capital flows, foreign direct investment and cash transfers to neighboring importing countries Of oil.
The decline in economic growth in the United States, China and the European Union could adversely affect economic growth in the region, according to World Bank experts. He attributed the reason for the slow growth in these countries, to the uncertainty caused by international trade tensions between the EU and the United States and China, and the decline in fiscal stimulus in the United States.
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, yota691 said:

The decline in economic growth in the United States, China and the European Union could adversely affect economic growth in the region, according to World Bank experts. He attributed the reason for the slow growth in these countries, to the uncertainty caused by international trade tensions between the EU and the United States and China, and the decline in fiscal stimulus in the United States.

Interesting statement HERE!!!

I had suspected the Bicraqi Iraqi NEED the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar ReInstatement JUST AS MUCH AS THE REST OF THE WHIRLED!!!

I did give a rendition noted HERE for WHY the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar NEEDS to ReInstate to get the reconstruction, construction, and economic development (to INCLUDE infrastructure upgrades AND new installation) WITH Foreign Investment ROCKETING:

You may have heard of a handy field electrical hand book with some very useful electrical principles:

Ugly's Electrical References, Revised 2005 Edition / Edition 1

I have one of THOSE!!! :twothumbs:

One handy phrase to differentiate Inductance and Capacitance is ELI The ICE Man.

In a Capacitance System, Current (amps) leads the ElectroMotive Force (EMF or volts). In an Inductance System, the ElectroMotive Force (EMF or volts) leads the Current (amps).

Well, OK, now that the nauseam has overtaken the ad nauseam, to apply to what we are interested in, the ElectroMotive Force is the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar INTERNATIONAL exchange rate LEADS and the Current is the volume of financial transactions to GET THINGS DONE IN IRAQ AND Induce the "opiate of prosperity" into the Bicraqi Iraqi. Power is defined as the ElectroMotive Force times the Current. Not only will the Bicraqi Iraqi be, like, ALL POWERED UP but those in the "financial power grid" with the Bicraqi Iraqi will be, like, ALL POWERED UP, TOO!!! Iraq is prolific with resources that are accessible with relatively minor infrastructure upgrades, replacement, AND/OR new installation. Iraq is also HIGHLY strategic with reference to the Old Silk Road that could be restarted entirely under the Belt And Road Initiative so Iraq is likely a MUST DO for successful Belt And Road Initiative considerations.

__________________________________________________________________________________

So Ole Former United States Of America President Tricky visits Mousy Dung in in China in 1972. My opinion is the roots AND fruits (Well, OK, fruitcakes, too :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:) goes back to THIS historical point. We have recently seen sprinkled in the Bicraqi Iraqi news references to reviving the Old Silk Road via the Belt AND Road Initiative. My opinion is THIS Belt AND Road Initiative is REACHING LOCOMOTIVE FORCE (Well, OK, loco locomotives, too :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:) AND is making the ground SHAKE as the LOCO LOCOMOTIVE is pulling UP TO the STATION!!!

Amazing how BADLY Former United States Of America President Flimsy (a descriptor of potency AND character NOT name calling) Carter screwed things up with Iran AND China while the WHOLE WHIRLED has been REELING EVER SINCE WITH ALL THE REGIONAL WARS AND BLOOD SHED!!!

:facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

China HAS BEEN funding infrastructure BEHIND THE SCENES BUILDING the rail systems through the countries with the Old Silk Road Legacy. I suspect China HAS BEEN involved with the Insanians to build the NECESSARY infrastructure in Iran AND KNOWS the peril of the current Insanian administration for fomenting unrest AND IS A THREAT to free flowing trade lines THROUGH THE MIDDLE EAST!!!

Apparently, THERE is ONLY a few measly tens of kilometer of rail that needs to be connected from Iran to Iraq AND Iraq to Syria to provide A conduit for INTERNATIONAL TRADE!!! SO.............................I believe China WANTS AND NEEDS the Insanians dealt WITH ALSO WITH the IRGC neutralized to foster China's economic aspirations ALONG WITH EVERY OTHER COUNTRY CONNECTED VIA the Belt AND Road Initiative!!! I believe China is biding the time WAITING for the Insanian Economic Spanctions to wither away the Insanians.

So, The United States Of America, Europe, AND China WILL BE POWERED UP WITH THE OLD SILK ROAD REESTABLISHED via the Belt AND Road Initiative INDUCED BY A ReInstated Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar. In MY (NOTE: MY) opinion, a WIN/WIN for EVERYBODY!!!

MY (NOTE: MY) opinion is the CURRENT The United States Of America TRADE dealings WITH China ARE contingent on FACTORS directly related to the Safety, Security, Stability, AND Sovereignty of States IN THE MUDDLE EAST!!! China witnessed the EPIC screw ups in the MUDDLE EAST since former The United States Of America Tricky arrived in China in 1972. OTHER miscreants WERE trying to circumvent the 1972 deal via the TPP THAT WAS NIXED SO the 1972 plan IS STILL IN PLAY!!!

Praise The LORD for The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump AND ALL THE associated True The United States Of America Patriots WHO ARE cleaning up the Deep State Traitors within AND without The United States Of America to PROVIDE for THIS to come to fruition!!!

In The Mean Time..................................................................................................

The "Standard" "Disclaimer" "Applies"..................................................................

AND (of course).....................................................................................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Floridian said:

@Synopsis,

Yes, but WHEN?  WHEN?

If this doesn't happen soon, I'm gonna jump out of my first floor window.  😂

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

NO, NO, NO, IT'S NOT THAT BAD, Floridian, AND The Very Best Of The Rest Of Your Day AND Week To You!!! :tiphat:

HERE, try THIS (er, WITHOUT the FUNKAE' dance MOVES :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:)

WHEN, pray tell???!!!

WHO, pray tell, REALLY KNOWS???!!!

BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!SUDDENLY!!!

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Botzwana said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_dinar

Decided to play around today….looking at varios things.  Never looked at dinar on Wikipedia...Found something interesting.

There is considerable confusion (perhaps intentional on the part of dinar sellers) around the role of the International Monetary Fund in Iraq. The IMF as part of the rebuilding of Iraq is monitoring their finances and for this purpose uses a single rate (not a sell/buy) of 1170 dinars per dollar. This "program rate"[3] is used for calculations in the IMF monitoring program and is not a rate imposed on Iraq by the IMF. For a wider history surrounding currency in the region, see British currency in the Middle East.

I love that this article says PROGRAM RATE!  I always in the back of my mind thought it was just a guru term.  But it is right there.  Good to know.

:twothumbs: good stuff  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Okay, I'll wait for !!!SUDDENLY!!!

But it better be quick!  😂

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao: YEP!!! BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!SUDDENLY!!!, Floridian!!! :twothumbs:

THERE are SO many Bicraqi Iraqi AND Regional AND INTERNATIONAL moving parts to ALL THIS THAT the transition will be more like GRINDING some GEARS rather THAN SHIFTING ALL GEARS smoothly.

NO NEED getting the under garments in a bind ALL over ANY "agreement" OR "WHO" "IS" "ALL" "UPSET"!!!

The Lil' Gears WILL ALL BE INSTRUCTED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN AND QUIT WHINING PRONTO TONTO - OR ELSE - WHETHER THEY ARE GROUND TO SHREDS OR NOT!!!

So, WTO, Whirled Bank, IMF, OR Whatever WILL JUST SAY, "OK, WhatEvs, WE WILL work WITH THAT!!!"!!!

I mean, WHAT, pray tell, in the WHIRLED are THEY going to DO ANYWAY???!!! Say, "NO!!! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!"???!!!

Yeah, right.

Like THAT will work or mean or do ANYTHING!!!

The LOCO LOCOMOTIVE WILL ALREADY BE AT THE STATION WITH OR WITHOUT THEIR GEARS GROUND TO SHREDS!!!

:backflip:   :backflip:   :backflip:

BEFORE I ventured into THIS Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Investment, I clicked WITH the Old Silk Road (later termed the Belt AND Road Initiative) AND ALL the Bicraqi Iraqi NATURAL RESOURCES!!! NO Wonder THEY are PLOWING rail road tracks ALL OVER THE PLACE AND Getting CUSTOMS IN GEAR FOR MOOLA, MOOLA, MOOLA!!!

So, A LOT of DISTRACTING news WITH seemingly NO connectivity......................... until ........................... BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!SUDDENLY!!!

I still have hope for IMMINENT!!! WHY, pray tell, YOU may ask???!!!

The 2019 Bicraqi Iraqi Budget has NOT been OPENED, YET!!!

The longer THEY wait, the MORE problematic WITH the potential for the natives to get restless THEN give way to the ails of the Heat AND Sand Season where THEY get ALL "Upset" AND "Irritated" working a BLISTERING seventeen (17) minutes OUT OF every seven (7) hour work day.

:facepalm3:    :facepalm3:    :facepalm3:

With Ramadan 2019 approaching nominally Sunday, May 5 THROUGH nominally Tuesday, June 4, Heat AND Sand Season WITH the ASSOCIATED ails WILL BE On THEM IF PRONTO TONTO IS NOT OBSERVED!!!

In The Mean Time..................................................................................................

The "Standard" "Disclaimer" "Applies"..................................................................

AND (of course).....................................................................................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Like a said in the past, the Iraqi economy is improving at the actual rate

of 1190 dinar per dollar 

inflation on is under control at +/-2%

foreign currency reserves growing $62.5 billion dollars 

gold reserves growing 96.5 tons 

Go RV sooner than later

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

I still have hope for IMMINENT!!! WHY, pray tell, YOU may ask???!!!

The 2019 Bicraqi Iraqi Budget has NOT been OPENED, YET!!!

The longer THEY wait, the MORE problematic WITH the potential for the natives to get restless THEN give way to the ails of the Heat AND Sand Season where THEY get ALL "Upset" AND "Irritated" working a BLISTERING seventeen (17) minutes OUT OF every seven (7) hour work day.

Actually, I was just telling someone earlier today about the Gazette being down for so long and so the budget has not been opened.

That makes me feel, like you, that they can still RV and that's why the budget is not yet open and the Gazette is still down.

The only thing that troubles me about that, is wondering if they will be able to adjust all the figures if they go much longer before an RV.  

I'm sure it can be done, but with how little they work, WILL they do it?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Laid Back said:

Like a said in the past, the Iraqi economy is improving at the actual rate

of 1190 dinar per dollar 

inflation on is under control at +/-2%

foreign currency reserves growing $62.5 billion dollars 

gold reserves growing 96.5 tons 

Go RV sooner than later

Laid Back, even though the economy is improving, inflation is under control, and all the other things you sited, my question is - Will investors come into Iraq with the program rate of 1190?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Floridian said:

I'm sure it can be done, but with how little they work, WILL they do it?

Yeah, I dunno, Floridian, the Bicraqi Iraqi HAVE NEVER let me DOWN in DISAPPOINTING ME!!! :o   :o   :o

WHO, pray tell, KNOW WHAT to do to get THESE camel herders herded like a herd of CATS???!!!

Still HAVE hope as You noted - The 2019 Bicraqi Iraqi Budget HAS NOT been OPENED AND The Gazette is STILL DOWN!!!

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Floridian said:

Laid Back, even though the economy is improving, inflation is under control, and all the other things you sited, my question is - Will investors come into Iraq with the program rate of 1190?

Floridian,  yes investors will come to Iraq with the program rate. Some investors are already there doing business specially in oil, natural gas, electricity, transportation sectors.

Go RV 

Go $1:1

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Laid Back said:

Floridian,  yes investors will come to Iraq with the program rate. Some investors are already there doing business specially in oil, natural gas, electricity, transportation sectors.

Go RV 

Go $1:1

But their money isn't international.  Don't they need international money?

Not talking about oil, gas, electricity, etc.  I'm talking about WalMart, Amazon, UPS and that kind of company.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Floridian said:

But their money isn't international.  Don't they need international money?

Not talking about oil, gas, electricity, etc.  I'm talking about WalMart, Amazon, UPS and that kind of company.

Thanks for your input my friend,

Remember they use dollars and dinar in Iraq. I believe the investors already there are getting paid in US dollars, but if they’re getting paid in dinar they will have to do a little conversion 1190/$1

The kind of investors you’re talking about will come to Iraq when they pass from a closed economy to an open market economy with an international recognized currency.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Laid Back said:

Thanks for your input my friend,

Remember they use dollars and dinar in Iraq. I believe the investors already there are getting paid in US dollars, but if they’re getting paid in dinar they will have to do a little conversion 1190/$1

The kind of investors you’re talking about will come to Iraq when they pass from a closed economy to an open market economy with an international recognized currency.

That's what I'm waiting for.  They've held the 2% for a long time already.  They need to accept Article VIII so that they can have international money.

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, Floridian said:

That's what I'm waiting for.  They've held the 2% for a long time already.  They need to accept Article VIII so that they can have international money.

I’m waiting for the third review of the IMF-SBA in mid 2019 to see the results of article VIII.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

World Bank expects Iraq's economy to recover

2019/04/02 11:37

60084.jpg

Baghdad / Al-Masala: The World Bank predicted that the economy of Iraq and Yemen will recover significantly during the coming period, expecting the growth of the Iraqi economy by 2.8 percent this year.

A report by the bank attributed its expectation to a new government in Iraq, compared with a rate of 0.6 per cent in 2018, as well as that the agreement on the reconstruction of Iraq will give the economy a strong boost.
The outlook for the economic performance of oil importing countries in the region is closely related to developments in oil-rich neighboring countries, particularly in the GCC countries. The recovery of oil-exporting countries is linked to increased capital flows, foreign direct investment and cash transfers to neighboring importing countries Of oil.
Agencies

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/167839/البنك-الدولي-يتوقع-تعافي-إقتصاد-العراق

• Upvote 4

• yota691 changed the title to Arab Barometer Report: Growing Perceptions Of Corruption In Arab Countries