Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BEES LOVE HEMP, WHICH IS WONDERFUL NEWS FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND THE WORLD

bigwave

Lets all Grow some Weed Man.....

STUDY SHOWS THAT BEES LOVE HEMP, WHICH IS WONDERFUL NEWS FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND THE WORLD

hemp and bees

Just under the radar of public concerns is the fact that bees and pollinator insects are dying off in catastrophic numbers, and if we are unable to reverse this trend, we face a very different kind of future.  Bees in particular appear to be acutely affected by neonicotinoid pesticides along with other fungicides and herbicides. They are losing their habitats.

At the same time, another crisis is converging. Fossil fuels. We need a new, natural, sustainable material to use for construction, packaging, fuel, clothing, and so much more. Fossil fuel extraction is a disaster that could be corrected with a massive global investment in hemp. This may well come to pass, as Congress recently legalized hemp farming in the U.S. for the first time since the last legal hemp fields were planted in 1957 in Wisconsin.

An interesting new scientific study connects these two burgeoning crises, showing the bees absolutely love hemp plants. Hemp crops apparently attract an array of different bee species, offering them a plentiful source of pollen for foraging.

“For the study, published this month in the journal Biomass and Bioenergy, researchers at Colorado State University set up 10 traps at industrial hemp fields in northern Colorado and collected bees over the course of five days during peak flowering season.

There are few other crops that pollinate in the region during the same timeframe, so the team wanted to know whether the non-psychoactive cannabis cousin of marijuana represented “a potentially valuable source of pollen for foraging bees,” which play a critical role in maintaining “sustainable productivity in natural and agricultural ecosystems.”

When the researchers looked at their collection, they found almost 2,000 bees from 23 different bee genera. Most of those (38 percent) were classic honeybees, but there were also specialized genera such as Melissodes bimaculata and Peponapis pruinosa that turned up in surprisingly “high proportions.”” [Source]

The scientists involved in this study did have one word of concern, noting that as hemp production expands, so will the temptation and practice of using, and overusing, chemical pesticides, which would turn this opportunity into another disaster.

https://www.wakingtimes.com/2019/03/22/study-shows-that-bees-love-hemp-which-is-wonderful-news-for-the-environment-and-the-world/

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2019 at 4:46 PM, bigwave said:

Good to see back up support system" rel="">support has arrived - just in time. LOL

***///

Thanks ! :tiphat:

We're all about happy Bees !

Just hope they're not all spaced out when the Africanized drop by to raid their pads, man! :eek:

When they come a'knockin' the Bees should say "Dave's not here"...! :P:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Sage449 said:

I've been looking into this, wow, hemp seeds are expensive! No wonder it's so costly on the street. It would cost me about $5 grand to put in an acre's worth. 

But what is the return for an acre and how much work is involved? Been wondering myself now that it’s allowed again in Wisconsin.  Got a couple of open acres doing nothing now I could use. 

• Thanks 1

cws, that's the upside. ROI is about 3 to 4 times investment. It takes a special kind of planter based on the seed size, whether seed from scratch or the plant itself. And it uses water, so it may need to be irrigated. I only have a rudimentary understanding of the process from planting to harvest and germane is access to the "right" place to sell. Not every farmers elevator will be able to take the harvest and you don't want to accidentally get other seed in with the hemp. I know grain elevators don't clean good enough between crops to not infect the hemp seed. GEs go from wheat to oats to flax or rye for example and seeds get mixed. 

I think eventually big pharma is going to get involved and then the money to be made for the little guy will be gone. Maybe a 3 to 5 year window for the small investor. That's all I know. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sage449 said:

cws, that's the upside. ROI is about 3 to 4 times investment. It takes a special kind of planter based on the seed size, whether seed from scratch or the plant itself. And it uses water, so it may need to be irrigated. I only have a rudimentary understanding of the process from planting to harvest and germane is access to the "right" place to sell. Not every farmers elevator will be able to take the harvest and you don't want to accidentally get other seed in with the hemp. I know grain elevators don't clean good enough between crops to not infect the hemp seed. GEs go from wheat to oats to flax or rye for example and seeds get mixed. 

I think eventually big pharma is going to get involved and then the money to be made for the little guy will be gone. Maybe a 3 to 5 year window for the small investor. That's all I know. 

Thanks for reply 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The latest Farm Bill makes it legal to grow Hemp.  This crop has less than 3% THC...you don't get high......the seeds produce a CBD oil which has a number of health benefits.....the stalks can be used to create a fiber for rope or clothing......and the rest can be used for animal feed or bedding......I have read that hemp fed cattle can go for much more per lb. due to the CBD content........

Farmers usually don't get 3 revenue streams from one crop.....my understanding though is those who create the processing facilities will profit much more than the farmers....

Interesting topic!     CL

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

The latest Farm Bill makes it legal to grow Hemp.  This crop has less than 3% THC...you don't get high......the seeds produce a CBD oil which has a number of health benefits.....the stalks can be used to create a fiber for rope or clothing......and the rest can be used for animal feed or bedding......I have read that hemp fed cattle can go for much more per lb. due to the CBD content........

Farmers usually don't get 3 revenue streams from one crop.....my understanding though is those who create the processing facilities will profit much more than the farmers....

Interesting topic!     CL

Agreed, CL...Interesting topic indeed.....

CL, that's my understanding too, and why which processing facility you sell your crop too is so critical and to get yourself set up in advance with it is also germane.

And processing plants to accept the harvested product are being built - kind of a rush deal to get to market first and maintain a pure product. 

I'm seriously considering a partnership with my neighbor and putting in 5 acres. Much detail yet though to ferret out. A $25,000 investment could result in a $175,000 return. Depending on God and the weather. 😎

Edited by Sage449
Addition
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sage449 said:

CL, that's my understanding too, and why which processing facility you sell your crop too is so critical and to get yourself set up in advance with it is also germane.

And processing plants to accept the harvested product are being built - kind of a rush deal to get to market first and maintain a pure product. 

I'm seriously considering a partnership with my neighbor and putting in 5 acres. Much detail yet though to ferret out. A $25,000 investment could result in a $175,000 return. Depending on God and the weather. 😎

Yes.....agreed......however the processor......and that will be a pretty stout investment.....will be the big winner.....and remember......China by far is the largest Hemp producer....and I'm looking forward to how Hemp is treated in the upcoming trade deal.........thanks for the post!

CL

On 4/7/2019 at 10:55 AM, Sage449 said:

I've been looking into this, wow, hemp seeds are expensive! No wonder it's so costly on the street. It would cost me about $5 grand to put in an acre's worth. 

Hey Sage, medical marijuana  is such a good thing.  Hope you eplore, educate your self even more for.

At my church, we have a young man that is 45 yrs old, of course he is just still a kid to all of us but his mom started with the meds last yr and His seizures are down from 25 to 50 a day to about 12 to 15.  Of course he is in wheel chair and there is no communication with Him but his mom is just ecstatic over the decrease of seizures as they were very violent and just heartbreaking.  I truly believe that God has given us all things for the good of humanity..It's The abuse that leads to other abuse that is my concern.  But as Cl confirmed  it's all about the THC level.  I pray for your luck with your adventure if you go forward.  This has been a miracle drug for Dot and her son at my church.  Not a cure but but less heartbreak for her and so much less torture of seizures for him.

God bless Sage and happy gardening.

barb

• Like 2

learning - I was not a proponent of Maryjane until a good friend got leukemia and that is the only thing that helped her keep an appetite and live. I've changed my mind and now am definitely a proponent of this for medical use. And if you want to go get on a bender for fun - I'm not going to judge you - I just don't want/need it. But I do like CBD oil for arthritis and my cat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

That is fair. I don't want it regardless of its legality or not. Why ? I am a 30+ recovering pot-a-holic. Like alcohol for some this stuff got control over me at one point out of a habit not a chemical addiction. Never again. CBD sounds very promising and without the high. How does that differ from "marinol" , if at all.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, learning all i can said:

Hey Sage, medical marijuana  is such a good thing.  Hope you eplore, educate your self even more for.

At my church, we have a young man that is 45 yrs old, of course he is just still a kid to all of us but his mom started with the meds last yr and His seizures are down from 25 to 50 a day to about 12 to 15.  Of course he is in wheel chair and there is no communication with Him but his mom is just ecstatic over the decrease of seizures as they were very violent and just heartbreaking.  I truly believe that God has given us all things for the good of humanity..It's The abuse that leads to other abuse that is my concern.  But as Cl confirmed  it's all about the THC level.  I pray for your luck with your adventure if you go forward.  This has been a miracle drug for Dot and her son at my church.  Not a cure but but less heartbreak for her and so much less torture of seizures for him.

God bless Sage and happy gardening.

barb

Agreed...Thanks

• Thanks 1

nykevin - people far smarter than me are going to have to answer your question - I've no clue nor explored "marinol." Isn't it amazing the stuff that we get addicted to when it seems the rest of the world can handle whatever "it" is......Bravo and good for you in acknowledging it and conquering it - that takes so much strength, courage and integrity.  You're doing a wonderful thing for your body and mind - regardless of what is indicated, its still smoking and I don't think science has proven yet that there aren't residual effects and killing off brain cells. I know drinking kills off brain cells and I'm sure I almost made myself a halfwit with the alcohol I consumed over my youth.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sage449 said:

nykevin - people far smarter than me are going to have to answer your question - I've no clue nor explored "marinol." Isn't it amazing the stuff that we get addicted to when it seems the rest of the world can handle whatever "it" is......Bravo and good for you in acknowledging it and conquering it - that takes so much strength, courage and integrity.  You're doing a wonderful thing for your body and mind - regardless of what is indicated, its still smoking and I don't think science has proven yet that there aren't residual effects and killing off brain cells. I know drinking kills off brain cells and I'm sure I almost made myself a halfwit with the alcohol I consumed over my youth.

Agreed and thanks, Sage...

And still...Alcohol and nicotine are legalized drugs all over the world due to the enormous interests they move despite damaging greatly the People  health.....That's really criminal and wicked

Edited by umbertino
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Sage449 said:

Sage. Thank you so very much for your response.  It was a blessing to receive. Ditto on what we put into our body/lungs when we were young making us halfwits. Still interested in a answer to my marinol question. It was great hearing from you .

Edited by new york kevin
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1