Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Fox News Hires Former DNC Chair Donna Brazile

Fox News hires former DNC chair Donna Brazile who left CNN after tipping off Clinton about 2016 debate questions

The Independent Paul Farhi,The Independent 19 hours ago 

giraffe-268733-1553040387074.jpg

Fox News' newest pundit is one CNN rejected after she colluded with Hillarious Clinton's campaign before campaign events in 2016.

Fox said on Monday that it has hired Donna Brazile, the former interim Democratic National Committee chair and a long-time CNN commentator before she became embroiled in controversy in 2016.

CNN forced Ms Brazile to resign as an on-air contributor in October 2016 after emails revealed that she had tipped off Ms Clinton's aides about questions likely to be asked by CNN moderators during the debates and town hall meetings carried by CNN.

At the time, Ms Brazile was highly supportive of Ms Clinton's candidacy. The network said the leaking of the question was a break of its ethics and undermined the impartiality of its campaign coverage.

Fox said Ms Brazile would comment on the upcoming presidential campaign on Fox News and Fox Business Network.

In announcing Ms Brazile's hiring, it made no mention of the issues surrounding her in 2016.

The DNC, which Ms Brazile led on an interim basis during 2016, decided earlier this month to exclude Fox News from televising any of its candidate events.

The organisation's chair, Tom Perez, said Fox was too closely aligned with President Donald Trump, leading him to conclude the network could not host "a fair and neutral debate for our candidates."

In a statement released on Monday, Ms Brazile said: "I know I'm going to get criticised from my friends in the progressive movement for being on Fox News. My response is that, if we've learned anything from the 2016 election, it is that we can't have a country where we don't talk to those who disagree with our political views.

“There's an audience on Fox News that doesn't hear enough from Democrats. We have to engage that audience and show Americans of every stripe what we stand for rather than retreat into our 'safe spaces' where we simply agree with each other."

People at Fox said Ms Brazile would have no role in commenting on any debates or town hall meetings it covers, though Fox will probably have very few of those given the DNC's decision to remove it from consideration in televising Democratic events.

Ms Brazile's role in channelling questions to Ms Clinton came to light in emails released by WikiLeaks during the final weeks of the 2016 presidential campaign. The emails came from a hack of the DNC's servers by Russian operatives.

CNN said at the time that it was "completely uncomfortable with what we have learned about (Ms Brazile's) interactions with the Clinton campaign while she was a CNN contributor."

Ms Brazile apparently got her information from conversations with TV One host Roland Martin, who was a guest moderator for one of the CNN debates. She said she learned that one of the questions during a televised town hall meeting in March of that year would involve the death penalty.

Another question before a debate with Ms Clinton's chief Democratic primary challenger, senator Bernie Sanders, I-Vt, in Flint, Michigan, concerned the city's ongoing water crisis, although it seems questionable that such a tip was helpful, given that the issue was bound to come up considering the event's location.

Ms Brazile said at the time that she offered her resignation when the WikiLeaks emails surfaced showing her telling a senior Clinton adviser, "From time to time, I get the questions in advance."

Ms Brazile was scheduled to make her first appearance on Fox on Monday afternoon.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-hires-former-dnc-164650254.html

Good move on Donna's part.  If you're going to get verbally beat down by Fox News anyway, you might as well get paid handsomely for it.  B)

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

I met her once and watched her speak... She is very dynamic and an excellent speaker... But just another opportunist... Or is it that FAUX NEWS is the opportunist? Perhaps they are going to move their commentary towards the middle to keep advertisers from ditching them over their far right hosts and their shrinking audience and demographics who are not supporting sponsors. You see, news is a business and businesses need sponsors and sponsors need response to the ad dollars they spend... The grumpy old white guy watching FAUX NEWS is not the demo multinationals are looking for, thus FAUX NEWS makes a change to programming or they watch their ad dollars shrink... Simply business 101...

B/A 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Speaking from experience. Does any one think alienating grumpy old white guys is a good thing? We also have grumpy wives who spend a lot of money on things and vote.  

True, but trust me I'm in the advertising business and large corporations look for the prime demo... 18 to 34... Us old guys really do not matter to major advertisers. Well except for those advertising walk-in tubs and death insurance. I know it sucks and most people our age that I tell, say the same thing you did... Us old people spend money.. And it is true, most in the prime demo doesn't have a pot to piss in but they buy $5 coffee, they have meals delivered, they waste money and have grown up and been brainwashed to live for today. That's why we don't matter when it comes to their research.. And FOX NEWS is seeing the monetary results of playing to grumpy old white guys...

B/A

• Upvote 3

On 3/20/2019 at 12:12 PM, bigwave said:

With the addition of Paul Ryan - WTH is going on?

Good question......my

understanding is she has turned/testifying....... on/against ....the Clinton's......she has a very unique understanding of the DNC corruption.......This may be a good hire.....

Ryan squashed potential subpoenas by Congress requested against Democrats in the Clinton corruption.......Ryan lost all power he had and in reality was forced out......

he also has plenty to say if he chooses to do so.....

this will be a chance for him to potentially resurrect his political career.....I believe 2019 will be very transformational for government as we know it......CL

On 3/20/2019 at 12:12 PM, bigwave said:

With the addition of Paul Ryan - WTH is going on?

Well a person at the top of Fox News left and died. So the libtard children inherited the biz and are trying to change the network to be more in line with their libtard ideas. Remember the great exodus of Fox News talent? Ever wonder why it was blamed on the #me too movement at that time? Tucker has been jostled so much you would think he was riding a deuce and a half on a road in the jungles of Nicaragua. Hannity keeps moving but seems to have the resiliency of a cockroach where he can survive a nuclear blast. Others keep coming and going. More going than coming. I hear there is always OAN one can watch or the crazy Blazy TV by Glen "tinfoil hat wearing" Beck. Will be happy when Shep "fake dark eyelashes" Smith leaves. The female talent is jealous of his eyelashes, so the story goes.

Edited by Theseus

5 minutes ago, Theseus said:

Well a person at the top of Fox News left and died. So the libtard children inherited the biz and are trying to change the network to be more in line with their libtard ideas. Remember the great exodus of Fox News talent? Ever wonder why it was blamed on the #me too movement at that time? Tucker has been jostled so much you would think he was riding a deuce and a half on a road in the jungles of Nicaragua. Hannity keeps moving but seems to have the resiliency of a cockroach where he can survive a nuclear blast. Others keep coming and going. More going than coming. I hear there is always OAN one can watch or the crazy Blazy TV by Glen "tinfoil hat wearing" Beck. Will be happy when Shep "fake dark eyelashes" Smith leaves. The female talent is jealous of his eyelashes, so the story goes.

Or just driving down the streets in Indianapolis.