Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump Threatens 'SNL' With Federal Investigation Because They Mock Him

Trump Threatens ‘SNL’ With Federal Investigation Because They Mock Him
4f520df0-fff8-11e8-bfff-538703ca1c56  Rosemary Rossi  The WrapMarch 17, 2019
Trump Threatens ‘SNL’ With Federal Investigation Because They Mock Him

Donald Trump threatened “Saturday Night Live” and other late-night shows with a federal investigation for poking fun of him, calling it in a Sunday tweet, “one sided [sic] media coverage.”

“It’s truly incredible that shows like Saturday Night Live, not funny/no talent, can spend all of their time knocking the same person (me), over & over, without so much of a mention of ‘the other side.’ Like an advertisement without consequences. Same with Late Night Shows,” the POTUS wrote.

“Should Federal Election Commission and/or FCC look into this?” he added in a subsequent tweet. “There must be Collusion with the Democrats and, of course, Russia! Such one sided [sic] media coverage, most of it Fake News. Hard to believe I won and am winning. Approval Rating 52%, 93% with Republicans. Sorry! #MAGA”

Also Read:Alec Baldwin's Latest 'SNL' Sketch Has Trump in Another Twitter Rant

Gallup’s last Donald Trump’s Presidential Job Approval Ratings (for March 1-10, 2019) stood at 39 percent, while 57 percent disapprove.

“SNL” ran a repeat Saturday of the Christmas 2018 episode in which the cold open — titled “It’s a Wonderful Trump” — had Trump get his wish that he had never become president, and the circle of people around him led happier lives as a result. The president was clearly fired up when that episode originally aired on Dec. 15, tweeting at the time, “It is nothing less than unfair news coverage and Dem commercials. Should be tested in courts, can’t be legal?”

“Comedy programs are under exactly zero legal obligation to be even-handed in their satire, regardless of whether the butt of their jokes is a political figure,” Law&Crime columnist Elura Nanos wrote Sunday. “Similarly, news programs are legally permitted to be as one-sided as they like. As an agency of the federal government, the FCC must adhere to the limitations set out by the First Amendment — which means that censoring speech based on its political content is as illegal as it gets.”

“Saturday Night Live” is a satire show that has mocked every president since Gerald Ford in 1976,  along with a number of political figures. Trump hosted “SNL” in April 2004 and on Nov. 7, 2015.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/trump-threatens-snl-federal-investigation-200859499.html

It's obvious Donald is never going to read the U.S. Constitution on his own....so somebody in his universe needs to make him aware of what it says and the protections it provides.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

The possibility of making fun of political characters with no consequences ever  for the person who practices it..... is supposed to be ( cause it is infact) one of the great results of DEMOCRACY...Distinguishing it from a totalitarian  regime

In Russia, China, Turkey and lots more Countries you get thrown in a jail cell and prosecuted for that.....

Personally  I like thinking and believing that real democracies want to be different....JMHO

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, umbertino said:

The possibility of making fun of political characters with no consequences ever  for the person who practices it..... is supposed to be ( cause it is infact) one of the great results of DEMOCRACY...Distinguishing it from a totalitarian  regime

In Russia, China, Turkey and lots more Countries you get thrown in a jail cell and prosecuted for that.....

Personally  I like thinking and believing that real democracies want to be different....JMHO

That is unless you mock the Wrong Resident....You lose you Carreer for life.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/peter-roff/2013/08/13/obama-rodeo-clown-loses-his-job-and-america-loses-its-sense-of-humor

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/fwx35y/the-colbert-report-obama-rodeo-clown

Karsten

3 hours ago, Markinsa said:

The United States of America is NOT a democracy, it is a Republic, it would never exist otherwise.

Sorry  and thanks for  letting me know that, Markinsa...Happy to learn new things whenever I get the chance...Again thanks

I should have expressed myself better and say " Countries which deem themselves as democratic"

I do stand corrected

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Karsten said:

Obama didn’t fire the Guy. I ,doubt he ever knew about it. That’s on the officials of the state fair. Trump on the other hand is so shallow and so  narcissistic. He has to threaten a fed investigation. The most powerful man in the free world and he’s worried about a bunch of comics on TV. Really really sad. Talk about a waist of taxpayers money!

Edited by caddieman
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

14 hours ago, umbertino said:

Sorry  and thanks for  letting me know that, Markinsa...Happy to learn new things whenever I get the chance...Again thanks

I should have expressed myself better and say " Countries which deem themselves as democratic"

I do stand corrected

Here's a little more in depth explanation to bake your noodle, my friend.  :peace:

Is the United States a Democracy, a Republic, or a Democratic Republic?

Best Answer:  Ok, in a way, this question is like "Is a tomato a vegetable or a fruit?" Or "Is a square a rectangle or a parallelogram?" 
Answer: Both altho like the tomato, it is arguable. 

The term republic means that we have no ruling monarch and that the people have at least some say in the government. 

It means public thing or public matter. 

Therefore, obviously our country is a republic. Just like many other countries, including Iran, Switzerland, France.. 

Confusingly, some monarchies are run like republics, with the monarch having limited or no actual powers. 

Our country is also a democracy because the head of state is chosen by an election. 

I have always understood that ours is a democratic republic. However, I believe it is actually a federal constitutional republic which is structured as a representative democracy. This means that majority rule is tempered by constitutional rights. And that rather than being a direct democracy where any representatives are limited or non existent or only acting as proxy, in fact, they are not required to act according to our wishes but have the authority to act in response to issues as they arise. 

The term democracy means popular government and a democracy by definition is a government where the people have the power through a free electoral system. 

So.... tomahto, tomayto..... 

Bottom line:
Democratic Republic.

GO RV, then BV 
  • Thanks 1