Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Lady Graces Daddy...Not seen him post ? Missing ?

pokerplayer

You know, I've heard it said that everywhere the Apostle Paul went, he started either a riot or a revival.  I REALLY regret my post.  I do not like strife (the Bible warns against it).  I attempted an apology, but the damage was done.

I disagree with a lot of posts that are not my political bent.  I have a lot of close friends who disagree with me about politics and faith.  What are we to do?  Get into debates on a dinar website?  Does that really please God?  

My personality is opinionated and vocal, so I have to work on restraint.  Sometimes I fail.  

Jesus loves (he ate with the sinners instead of Pharisees).  Let us love one another, as God does love us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

On 3/19/2019 at 11:40 PM, Joe Sutherland said:

There is only one atonement for our sin, the blood of Jesus Christ through HIS atoning work on the cross. 

No amount of lent will ever atone for our sin, or the sufferings of Christ were not enough. 

Two thousand years ago He said "it's finished", that meant that our atonement is complete! 

AMEN AND AMEN, No amount of works, kinship,  sacrifice or any other ritual would or could satisfy the wrath of a holy God.  The precious blood of Jesus is our only salvation/atonement for our sin.  His righteousness and not our own.....works and rituals only lead to legalism.  The Pharisees were some of the best at it and man tends to follow their tradition.  Jesus had plenty to say about this.  

Thanks for standing and speaking bibical truth, Joe.  Time is short.

barb

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Shedagal said:

You know, I've heard it said that everywhere the Apostle Paul went, he started either a riot or a revival.  I REALLY regret my post.  I do not like strife (the Bible warns against it).  I attempted an apology, but the damage was done.

I disagree with a lot of posts that are not my political bent.  I have a lot of close friends who disagree with me about politics and faith.  What are we to do?  Get into debates on a dinar website?  Does that really please God?  

My personality is opinionated and vocal, so I have to work on restraint.  Sometimes I fail.  

Jesus loves (he ate with the sinners instead of Pharisees).  Let us love one another, as God does love us.

And I always admired you for that, Shedagal......Your great way of acting in regard to the above should be an  example for others here...JMVHO

Thanks and Best

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Muleslayer said:

allow me to rephrase. attempt to show atonement.

i am not here to convince you Joe. i asked shedgal if she was interested. that is all.

Mule, I would never neg you or discourage you from following your heart in true conviction. Unfortunately I believe that your heart is being misled along with so many other well meaning, tender hearted, God fearing folks. You are being led by a religious system that is more intent on instilling in you your need for them than they are in you finding full sufficiency in every area of your life through Christ all sufficient "grace" (unmerited favour with God) for you Mule and all the rest of us. 

It's so sad that even Lent sets the searching soul up to once again come back to the Catholic church to have their needs met, firstly because of the emptiness still felt after practicing their best Lent, next the guilt they feel for any possible breaking of their own Lent sacrifices and thirdly the need of confession for indulgences after the completion of Lent. 

This is only just a very short version of what is going through the minds of many other believers here on DV who truly care for you Mule and other like you who are captive to a religious system... we just want to see you truly free in Jesus Christ alone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

Mmmmm ? This thread sure dropped off the rails. Mods, I believe the original intent of this thread has been answered. Can you please lock it down ?

pp

How about we turn this thread into something fun instead, until our beloved brother, LGD returns to enjoy it?  :shrug:

Image result for funny lent memes

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Shedagal said:

You are a wise and good man Shedagal.  I appreciate your post. I also have to work on restraint, especially when it comes to politics that I believe are hurting our nation.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

I decided to give up sanity for Lent this year.

The relinquishment has been so rewarding that I would like to continue this Lent practice year around.

In all seriousness, though, the receiving of the gift of the death and resurrection of God The Son Jesus Christ with the atoning sacrifice of HIS shed blood for the remission of each person’s sin is the sure hope of eternal life with God The Father, God The Son Jesus Christ, and God The Holy Spirit to include those also having received this gift.

I look forward to the Joyous Easter Resurrection Celebration!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, pokerplayer said:

Mmmmm ? This thread sure dropped off the rails. Mods, I believe the original intent of this thread has been answered. Can you please lock it down ?

pp

Thanks PP.

Probably a good idea before it goes too far south as usual when it comes to religion. LGD has the right to choose his own spiritual path, he doesn't need anyone to critique those choices, too many just want to start arguments, shake their fingers at each other, and bash another's faith. 

All it accomplishes is dragging everyone down to their level. Why not learn to build each other up? Is it really that difficult or do some just need the bickering?

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

28 minutes ago, Jim1cor13 said:

Thanks PP.

Probably a good idea before it goes too far south as usual when it comes to religion. LGD has the right to choose his own spiritual path, he doesn't need anyone to critique those choices, too many just want to start arguments, shake their fingers at each other, and bash another's faith. 

All it accomplishes is dragging everyone down to their level. Why not learn to build each other up? Is it really that difficult or do some just need the bickering?

Got you covered for the neg. Jim. Thanks for posting

pp

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, pokerplayer said:

pp

not sure why anyone thinks this should be shut down.  Everyone that has a voice has done exactly that.  As ns said, all have been calm and courteous.  No one has tried to take away another's right to be heard.  If we can't  speak truth that has been added to our hearts by Gods word and His Holy Spirit, we are not being true to Him or our faith.  As Joe said,  concern for others soul and true salvation is of utmost importance.  If only one person here questions their faith  and checks out all that has been said, then it's worth reading.  The Lords word will never come back null or void.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, learning all i can said:

not sure why anyone thinks this should be shut down.  Everyone that has a voice has done exactly that.  As ns said, all have been calm and courteous.  No one has tried to take away another's right to be heard.  If we can't  speak truth that has been added to our hearts by Gods word and His Holy Spirit, we are not being true to Him or our faith.  As Joe said,  concern for others soul and true salvation is of utmost importance.  If only one person here questions their faith  and checks out all that has been said, then it's worth reading.  The Lords word will never come back null or void.

Probably because the most recent comments have zero to do with the thread concept. Didn't realize that a thread I started had to stay open for discussing things totally off the rails because some poster wanted it to.

Hmmmm, never got that email.

pp

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, pokerplayer said:

Probably because the most recent comments have zero to do with the thread concept. Didn't realize that a thread I started had to stay open for discussing things totally off the rails because some poster wanted it to.

Hmmmm, never got that email.

pp

Well pp, the answer that Texas granny was that LGD had given up dv for lent.  Many here expressed their opinion of lent and that falls in complete line with the answer of his where abouts.  Many believe in it, many do not.  Each has expressed their belief or unbelief.  For us to be silenced on faith because you or others don't  want to read it would be contrary to the answer giving for where he is.  That's what dv is...comments and opinions are what makes this site go round and round,  holding views and interest to all that want to participate in a courteous and orderly manner.  Adam has been graceful enough to open up other subject matter (other than dinar) so that ALL can participate and enjoy like minded people.  Like off topic and etc.  Spending a whole day on dv with only dinar to speculate about could become pretty boring rather quickly.  He has also given us the ability to put any one or any subject matter on ignore.  I'd say that was a pretty brilliant option on his part.  Wouldn't  you?  Topic, whether yours,  mine or whosoever can and are subject to go off topic.  This is your topic so apparently it is up to you to get it back in course.  NOT HAVE IT SHUT DOWN, because you don't  like its contents.  If it where my topic, I would just be happy it got so much attention in such a short period of time....to each his own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, learning all i can said:

Well pp, the answer that Texas granny was that LGD had given up dv for lent.  Many here expressed their opinion of lent and that falls in complete line with the answer of his where abouts.  Many believe in it, many do not.  Each has expressed their belief or unbelief.  For us to be silenced on faith because you or others don't  want to read it would be contrary to the answer giving for where he is.  That's what dv is...comments and opinions are what makes this site go round and round,  holding views and interest to all that want to participate in a courteous and orderly manner.  Adam has been graceful enough to open up other subject matter (other than dinar) so that ALL can participate and enjoy like minded people.  Like off topic and etc.  Spending a whole day on dv with only dinar to speculate about could become pretty boring rather quickly.  He has also given us the ability to put any one or any subject matter on ignore.  I'd say that was a pretty brilliant option on his part.  Wouldn't  you?  Topic, whether yours,  mine or whosoever can and are subject to go off topic.  This is your topic so apparently it is up to you to get it back in course.  NOT HAVE IT SHUT DOWN, because you don't  like its contents.  If it where my topic, I would just be happy it got so much attention in such a short period of time....to each his own.

You can hide behind your bible on a different thread, or better yet start your own thread. Don't be surprised at how lonely you will get.. I started this thread out of concern for my friend, not so you could table pound your beliefs.

Now hurry and run to mods to complain about big bad pp

Nuff said, I like your idea of the ignore button, consider it done.

pp

PS 1 ruby is from me, not sure about the rest.

pp

Edited by pokerplayer
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, learning all i can said:

And still...Neggers went down on you and others here....Definitely a NO-NO....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Jim1cor13 said:

Thanks PP.

Hello Jim...Hope everything is ok with you and yours.

Best

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, umbertino said:

And still...Neggers went down on you and others here....Definitely a NO-NO....

Umb  it wouldn't  matter what one says or does, the ones that hate for others to voice their opinions will always display their " only me" mentality.  I have become use to pps negs for me and have gotten where I rather enjoy them as it shows I have gathered her attention.  I can't  help others hate but I still can voice the things I hold dearest to my heart.  Of course many here just want to be in a constant uproar with the people they dislike.  As I have said many times before, "  it's not the post that gets  negged as much as it is for the poster that wrote it.  Lol,  that's ok

barb

Edited by learning all i can
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, learning all i can said:

Umb  it wouldn't  matter what one says or does, the ones that hate for others to voice their opinions will always display their " only me" mentality.  I have become use to pps negs for me and have gotten where I rather enjoy them as it shows I have gathered her attention.  I can't  help others hate but I still can voice the things I hold dearest to my heart.  Of course many here just want to be in a constant uproar with the people they dislike.  As I have said many times before, "  it's not the post that gets begged as much as it is for the poster that wrote it.  Lol,  that's ok

barb

Agreed, Friend.....  Really good post.....Thank you

Sorry ...Ran out of pluses....Waiting to get re-loaded

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, umbertino said:

But you do feel spiritually healthier and a much better person.....Right?

Ummmm

yes

cant even go sideways down a hall

withiut hitting both sides at the same time

but all serious

i love and trust god

he knows I am super funny and will be prez

takes many forms to do gods work

i believe he made me for a reason 

love all

and be strong and fight 

my wife understands