Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Just some random thoughts on this whole IQD adventure.  No advice offered here......just trying to provoke thought......and please add your thoughts........that's the whole idea of of a forum/blog.....

The IQD and VND for that matter were once valued at a much higher rate than today.  Due to US involvement military events.....and all that go with that....sanctions etc.......the rates are  now very low....

The Geo-Political problems of the world are greatly enhanced by the financial issues.......hundreds of trillions of debt world wide, and a mostly whole world  fiat based currency where currency value has been built on nothing.

Something has to give.

I have to believe you are reading this because of your interest in the IQD.....so I'll stay on that subject.......

For Years Iraq has used the USD as a value of trade.  For that reason alone we may see a 1-1 value of the USD-IQD sometime in the future.  Let's use that number for sake of discussion.

Anyone following any of this understands the challenges Iraq has endured.  It appears many have been resolved and Iraq may be ready to rejoin the mainstream world once again. We'll see?

So today you get a text........there has been a change in value..........what's next?

For discussion sake .......Let's say you hold 1 million IQD..........that would now be the equivalent of 10,000 Benjamins.......or 50 lbs. of Gold..........will you just throw your IQD in your pocket and take a trip down to the bank?...........would you carry that same amount of Gold.......or all those Benjamins with you...........any where???

Perhaps You need protection........who can you trust with that?  Someone out of the phone book.....?.....perhaps a friend.....you know people go into 7/11's and kill people for 50 bucks..........

Then again, how many people know about your investment..........probably most thought you were crazy.........but they know.......and what danger might that hold......?

How big of a town do you live in???.......In a town of under 100,000 in population I believe anyone walking into a bank and depositing a million bucks........that news will travel fast........might you consider driving to a larger town and depositing into a bank different from the one at home......

You get an email........someone you may know from a IQD forum has a solution to all of these questions........send your IQD to them, or someone they know.......they will handle everything for you.......how do you think that might work out?.............even when at an financial institution .....never let it out of your site.........they will have the means to verify the authenticity on site...........even just the black light methods are highly effective.

Taxes........Common income......capital gains.......windfall tax........no tax.........???  See a professional.......there are many ways to legally reduce your tax liabilities.........for a start....if you live in a State like California you can save about 13% annually by just moving out......

Life after the fact.........depends on the rate and amount of IQD you have..........I have read all the grand ideas people have..........they must believe they will all become billionaires........

I doubt that will be the case.

I suggest for the first year you just live your life as normal.  Buy little......perhaps Uncle Joe left you a small inheritance........but because of some new found wealth........don't let the money blow your life up.......

So.........Good luck to all..........CL

Edited by coorslite21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 8

Great post, CL.  I just read an article about the woman who won the Megaball $1.5 Billion lottery in October.  She wisely took the time to assemble the best professional team to help her navigate the right path for her.  I could not more passionately urge people to seek counsel before running to exchange.   Even with a million or less dinar, there are strategies to employ.  Many professionals may be caught unaware when this hits, but hopefully they can get up to speed quickly.  VIP members will get a list from Adam, and I would expect them to be well aware.  We are all going to have to make ourselves take a deep breath and chill a bit, even if we think we have it all planned out.  It is going to be so surreal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

Great post, CL.  I just read an article about the woman who won the Megaball $1.5 Billion lottery in October.  She wisely took the time to assemble the best professional team to help her navigate the right path for her.  I could not more passionately urge people to seek counsel before running to exchange.   Even with a million or less dinar, there are strategies to employ.  Many professionals may be caught unaware when this hits, but hopefully they can get up to speed quickly.  VIP!" rel="">VIP members will get a list from Adam, and I would expect them to be well aware.  We are all going to have to make ourselves take a deep breath and chill a bit, even if we think we have it all planned out.  It is going to be so surreal.

Excellent advice of which I totally agree shedagal. I have had a financial advisor for years dealing with our other Investments. In the last oh, month or so I asked him about our dinars and he had absolutely no idea. After checking into it a little he said while sceptical, that he would investigate avenues for me as the possibility of a large increase in a short period of time was possible .

Much similar I suppose as your comment about the lottery winner.

Cheers, pp

• Upvote 3

Thanks Shegdagal, pp, and others for your thoughts. I have been planning and talking to people for years about this investment and it’s kind of like trying to hit a moving target. We just don’t know when it will happen, how it will be taxed, will it be a good strategy to turn it all in at once ( we nay have to) or as needed. Just a whole lot of questions. If and when it goes I plan on turning in some to get some cash flowing and take a retreat and figure out all the ramifications. 

• Upvote 3

There are only 2 people that know that I have IQD and VND....Myself and the GF.  I have never discussed it with anyone other than here.

As for a Bank, I can go to one up the road that has a branch (Same as I use Bank) that has a Foreign Currency dept But I will most like be switching to WF....No need to leave the bank with a bag or money or gold, Just open a new account, new checks, debit Cards and what not than head home.

I have had it figured out for a while at all the various rates that have been tossed around....Discounting of course the outrageous $5 + for IQD and VND.

I have X amount of IQD to exchange in the beginning for some homes repairs, health stuff,  bank account Balance for living just like We do now.....People know I pay cash for everything and they wouldn't think twice about something new showing up

That said, I have the Vehicles I need and wont be buying anything else......Maybe a Used Mustang for the GF.

Sale my little motor home and pick up a slightly longer one with a Slide out full bed.....Hate fighting to Jack Knife bed and getting stomped on during the night.

As for security....I can handle that myself.

I will deal with the Taxes if and when the time comes.

When and if the IQD goes up in value I will again figure out what to do.....Little more then and wait or just get it all done and be rid of it....Time will tell.

As for the VND that is about the same thing....little bit now and wait to see what happens.

Just go about living a simple life for a couple years picking up a new toy here and there......Everyone already know me and my toys so that wont look out of place or odd.

Karsten

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Own NOTHING. Control EVERYTHING.

The "Lotto Syndrome" is REAL.

There are "Blood Sucking" "Parasites" EVERYWHERE. SOME Fast Acting, Undetected, AND Deadly, TOO.

Friends AND Family CAN Do EVIL Things Far More Extensive AND Severe (ESPECIALLY Running Off Of The MOUTH) THAN The Worst AND MOST Vile Enemy(ies).

Time AND Chance Happen To Us ALL.

A Prudent Man Sees Danger AND Takes Refuge.

Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.

Plans are established by seeking advice; so if you wage war, obtain guidance.

The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty.

Like a city whose walls are broken through is a person who lacks self-control.

Tell NO ONE EVERYTHING. Tell Trusted Advisers AS CLOSE To NOTHING As Possible. CONFIDENTIALITY IN ALL THINGS.

Happiness AND Material Wealth Attract Varmints AND Predators ALIKE. STAY Hidden. AND Hide When NECESSARY. Plan AHEAD.

So, I loaded up on ALL kinds of DinarVets Services Pre Event as A tool for MY Future AND Protection. MUM is the WORD.

mum adjective [ not gradable ]

US  /mʌm/

mum adjective [ not gradable ] (SILENT)

silent in order not to tell anyone what you know:

The governor is keeping mum about his plans. OR The Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Investor MUST keep mum about THEIR affairs - OR ELSE!!!

The windfall from THIS Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Investment WILL make EACH MORE of WHO THEY REALLY ARE. Who Are YOU? Do YOU REALLY know? Am I adequately self disciplined in MY matters to say, "No." at ALL times to MYSELF AND Others in whatever matter at hand? Are MY goals with THIS Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Investment self seeking OR self disciplined AND prudent? Will I DO what I know to DO to discover what I do NOT know AND need to know THEN Act Accordingly?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Own NOTHING. Control EVERYTHING.

The "Lotto Syndrome" is REAL.

There are "Blood Sucking" "Parasites" EVERYWHERE. SOME Fast Acting, Undetected, AND Deadly, TOO.

Friends AND Family CAN Do EVIL Things Far More Extensive AND Severe (ESPECIALLY Running Off Of The MOUTH) THAN The Worst AND MOST Vile Enemy(ies).

Time AND Chance Happen To Us ALL.

A Prudent Man Sees Danger AND Takes Refuge.

Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.

Plans are established by seeking advice; so if you wage war, obtain guidance.

The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty.

Like a city whose walls are broken through is a person who lacks self-control.

Tell NO ONE EVERYTHING. Tell Trusted Advisers AS CLOSE To NOTHING As Possible. CONFIDENTIALITY IN ALL THINGS.

Happiness AND Material Wealth Attract Varmints AND Predators ALIKE. STAY Hidden. AND Hide When NECESSARY. Plan AHEAD.

So, I loaded up on ALL kinds of DinarVets Services Pre Event as A tool for MY Future AND Protection. MUM is the WORD.

mum adjective [ not gradable ]

US  /mʌm/

mum adjective [ not gradable ] (SILENT)

silent in order not to tell anyone what you know:

The governor is keeping mum about his plans. OR The Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Investor MUST keep mum about THEIR affairs - OR ELSE!!!

The windfall from THIS Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Investment WILL make EACH MORE of WHO THEY REALLY ARE. Who Are YOU? Do YOU REALLY know? Am I adequately self disciplined in MY matters to say, "No." at ALL times to MYSELF AND Others in whatever matter at hand? Are MY goals with THIS Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Investment self seeking OR self disciplined AND prudent? Will I DO what I know to DO to discover what I do NOT know AND need to know THEN Act Accordingly?

This is one thing I have lived by and that would include even telling my own mother any number of things as I knew in time even she would use them against me.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It also sounds as though you have read Sun Tzu's Art of War a Time or two.

Karsten

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Karsten said:

This is one thing I have lived by and that would include even telling my own mother any number of things as I knew in time even she would use them against me.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It also sounds as though you have read Sun Tzu's Art of War a Time or two.

Karsten

ALWAYS Appreciate Your Posts, Karsten, AND The Very Best Of The Rest Of Your Weekend AND Up Coming Week To You!!! :tiphat:

Admittedly, I DO have Sun Tzu's Art Of War BUT have ONLY read topics of interest.

Funny, LIFE events can be strikingly similar in nature to the tactics of the War Sun Tzu describes. So, I Look AND Learn, Too.

I plan to lay low AND stay modest.

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Upvote 2

I believe ALL of us, over the years, have figured just about every angle of possibilities. from never happening to a float to a $00.10, to a one to one to an RI of $3.21. Also what the taxes would be ..... 30%, 50%, even 70%. And after playing those rolls over and over we finally wake to realization of , "Why not just wait until it happens , then implement those game plans". After all, we have been told too many times that we are there just to realize , "Here we go again..... ENOUGH!!!! Just wait until the text." Just like the times we buy a power ball ticket. Fun to fantasize, but play that "game" when you win !!!!  There IS more to life than this IQD ride..... and it IS  an even better ride  with the right approach.

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, one2one said:

nobody in my small town ever heard about the IQD or bought any, except for me :

3 million stashed away, just in case :

how many people in the U.S. own IQD ?---- i doubt if very many at all---it sounded too good to be true

That statement is the only one we can take to the bank at the moment for sure. Thxs for the post.

pp

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

When I first heard of this in November 2010, I cautiously purchased a "sensible" amount.  It was reported that it would happen by the end of the year because of some Paris thing LOL.  And, of course, there was the Donald Trump having 30 million dinar. 

Anyway, I told co-workers (small office) and some family.  Most family members jumped in, but my co-workers were skeptical (although one, who was a CPA and attorney, suggested a ROTH IRA).

My point is that pretty soon after that I realized I should have kept my mouth shut.  And I have been tight-lipped since then.  Those who realized that from the beginning are to be commended.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

And I have been tight-lipped since then.  Those who realized that from the beginning are to be commended.

:twothumbs: BINGO!!!, Shedagal, AND The Very Best Of Your Week To You!!! :tiphat:

Disclosure BEFORE the event is problematic at best AND conflicting at least AFTER the event.

THIS Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Investment is ENTIRELY unpredictable so would entail disdain of the MOST extreme pre event the longer out the event occurs for the "joiners" AND blabber mouths being "blood sucking" "parasites" post event.

NOTHING ventured NOTHING gained - for OTHERS try as THEY might post event to "include" THEMSELVES post event with NO investment or risk pre event.

Go Moola Nova!

:rodeo:

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Good advice Shedagal.  I’ve told my 3 kids and 2 other people, that was it. Keeping very quiet and tight lipped since 2008. If and when the event unfolds I plan on changing all bank accounts, address, phone numbers, etc, etc. 

• Upvote 4