Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Horrific New Zealand Shootings

Shabibilicious

@umbertinoThe right to bare arms and to protect yourself and loved ones is a wonderful thing.  The ability to to take almost any everyday objects such as knives, vehicles, gasoline, house hold chemical, fertilizers,  etc... and go out and create harm and death to people at any time is the  problem.  A person has to make a choice to create harm and death.  When that choice is made, nothing will stop them .  If they can't a get gun they can use a knife, make a bomb (Google the instructions), run into a crowd or building with a car.  A gun is just more efficient and mobile without having to get really close to your target.  People have always been and always will be the problem.  JMO 

Edited by cranman
incorect grammar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

NZ people are shocked and saddened by the mass shooting down in Christchurch.  49 dead and 20+ injured.
This is so unlike our nature.... the pain is raw and ugly for everyone.
Our hearts go out to all the victims, for us race or religion of a person is irrelevant.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, cranman said:

@umbertinoThe right to bare arms and to protect yourself and loved ones is a wonderful thing.  The ability to to take almost any everyday objects such as knives, vehicles, gasoline, house hold chemical, fertilizers,  etc... and go out and create harm and death to people at any time is the  problem.  A person has to make a choice to create harm and death.  When that choice is made, nothing will stop them .  If they can't a get gun they can use a knife, make a bomb (Google the instructions), run into a crowd or building with a car.  A gun is just more efficient and mobile without having to get really close to your target.  People have always been and always will be the problem.  JMO 

Cranman...Thanks....Noted

15 minutes ago, FlyHi said:

NZ people are shocked and saddened by the mass shooting down in Christchurch.  49 dead and 20+ injured.
This is so unlike our nature.... the pain is raw and ugly for everyone.
Our hearts go out to all the victims, for us race or religion of a person is irrelevant.

Thanks FlyHi....

Sharing your thoughts  completely.......

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, cranman said:

STOP ur making WAYYYYYYYY to much sense....and ur confusing those that can't comprehend

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 2

Hey Umbertino, I respect you opinion and feelings about guns, especially being Italian and your country having a completely different mindset about guns than we here in the USA. However, you might reconsider your thinking, because I guarantee you if you are ever caught in a situation where someone is threatening you or your family's life, you will wish you had something other than your Johnson to defend yourself. JMHO!

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Hey Umbertino, I respect you opinion and feelings about guns, especially being Italian and your country having a completely different mindset about guns than we here in the USA. However, you might reconsider your thinking, because I guarantee you if you are ever caught in a situation where someone is threatening you or your family's life, you will wish you had something other than your Johnson to defend yourself. JMHO!

We can even continue from there; say threatening your family's life, having your wife and children raped repeatedly in front of you, then tortured, tied up then house set on fire as you watch your family burn to death. Any one or all at once has happened here in the U.S and can be stopped with a side arm. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Hello MD....Infact I wrote something to that extent if you happened to read my previous post on the issue in reply to Socal...And I think I was brutally honest (with myself mainly)  in writing that....

I very adamantly admit  do not believe I 'd have written anything like that  not even 1 year back....But I do relize the situation is difficult in many Countries

I want to be totally honest with you (and other folks here on DV) and get to the point of stating ( as we all happen to be children of our own Nat'l culture and the way we got raised and stuff...Family, friends, environment, etc, which is normal) that I don't sincerely know if I'd be so adverse to firearms ( the way I currently am...and have always been ) was I born and living in the US....

I humbly and truly do accept the possibility  that I might maybe think different on that very issue then and might even be a gun holder....Who knows......There...I said it.....

End Quote

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Brazil for instance ( a Country I do love) : about 60,000 dead last year due to firearms violence....So ...If I were living there....Probably I'd hold a firearm for protecting my Family and myself

Brazil and other Countries of course

In my Country ( right now with a right-wing Gov't in power) the situation is still good ( not the way I'd love to but still acceptable) with an average of 400 / 500 homicides a year on a 60M pop.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, umbertino said:

Hello MD....Infact I wrote something to that extent if you happened to read my previous post on the issue in reply to Socal...And I think I was brutally honest (with myself mainly)  in writing that....

I very adamantly admit  do not believe I 'd have written anything like that  not even 1 year back....But I do relize the situation is difficult in many Countries

I want to be totally honest with you (and other folks here on DV) and get to the point of stating ( as we all happen to be children of our own Nat'l culture and the way we got raised and stuff...Family, friends, environment, etc, which is normal) that I don't sincerely know if I'd be so adverse to firearms ( the way I currently am...and have always been ) was I born and living in the US....

I humbly and truly do accept the possibility  that I might maybe think different on that very issue then and might even be a gun holder....Who knows......There...I said it.....

End Quote

Glad to hear Italy has no crime, rape, or murders that might warrant anyone from bearing protection. Cause as everyone knows this only happens in the USA...............smh

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

Glad to hear Italy has no crime, rape, or murders that might warrant anyone from bearing protection. Cause as everyone knows this only happens in the USA...............smh

Just wondering? Did Italy have their guns taken from them or given vulunteraly, or a little of both. Because here in the U.S, it seems like a ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Meaning, the states that have more gun ownership have the least crime. And, the crimes that do happen are more likely stopped with a bystanderd citizen with a gun rather a policeman that normally cleans up the mess! Guns will especially help in the rural areas. 😀

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Indraman said:

We Are At The Gates Of Civil War...And Nothing Can Stop It | TimCast

I have to say that I am not fully to the same point as Tim, but I do believe we are quickly headed there...I just hope cooler heads will prevail in the end.

Indy

This guy is doing nothing but pouring gas on a fire... This is not a positive contribution to America and her problems. This guy is no better than any other person trying to ignite the fuse.

B/A

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, umbertino said:

Brazil for instance ( a Country I do love) : about 60,000 dead last year due to firearms violence....So ...If I were living there....Probably I'd hold a firearm for protecting my Family and myself

Brazil and other Countries of course

In my Country ( right now with a right-wing Gov't in power) the situation is still good ( not the way I'd love to but still acceptable) with an average of 400 / 500 homicides a year on a 60M pop.

Tuck you ( that's a T) , stupid negger

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I just had a good friend visit me. A mutual friend we know (ex NZArmy vet) had repeatedly warned the NZ police over a year ago of the psycho, radical mentality of the Dunedin gun group where the lead Australian shooter attended.  He was laughed and dismissed as the police said they were a bunch of grumpy old losers and not harmful.

Wrong deduction Watson!!

So saddened to hear of this story and see a personal video first hand about it. (Too graphic, expletives and explosive to share sorry