Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Two Gaza Rockets Fired at Tel Aviv, Missile Defense

Pitcher

Two Gaza Rockets Fired at Tel Aviv, Missile Defense Activated

The Israeli army said at least two rockets were fired at Israel from Gaza on Thursday night, causing rocket alerts to blare throughout central Israel, Haaretz reported.

According to the Israeli military, the Iron Dome missile defense system was activated but no interceptions took place.

Israelis reported hearing sounds of blasts in the area, with some saying that they saw the Iron Dome missile defense system intercepting rockets.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who also acts as defense minister, is slated to hold an emergency security consultation in army headquarters in Tel Aviv. An Egyptian security delegation departed Gaza at Israel's request following the rocket fire. Gaza media outlets reported that Hamas had begun evacuating military posts.

he Israel Police said it was not going to take special precautionary measures until it receives instructions to do so by the government. The Tel Aviv and Rishon Lezion municipalities both announced that they would open the cities' public shelters. Nonetheless, public events in Tel Aviv are proceeding as planned, including a basketball game of Maccabi Tel Aviv attended by more than 10,000 people.

The last time rocket alerts were activated in Tel Aviv was two years ago, in what turned out to be a false alarm. 

The flare-up comes three weeks before Israel holds its general election.

The incident follows weeks of tensions, with the most recent exchange taking place Saturday night when a projectile was launched at Israel. In response, the Israeli army carried out several airstrikes in the Strip, targeting several Hamas posts.

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/37290/Two-Gaza-Rockets-Fired-at-Tel-Aviv-Missile-Defense-Activated

• Upvote 3

That's a violent act and I DO condemn it full-heartedly....Of course

Having said that.....We ( whoever might be interested in getting to know that reality as better as  possible) should try to live a few months as Israelis in Israel and then also as Palestinians  either in Israel and also in the occupied territories (Gaza) and then  truly and sincerely stating what both experiences were like....The normal day-to-day life....Truly and sincerely....Both experiences

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 2

Hey U, one group the Israelis are educated civilized people who have contributed much to the greater good of the world as a whole. The other group to which you refer believe in a political religion with a false prophet and a 7th century mentality, that believes in NO PEACE and and lives in the filth and squalor it breeds. Sorry zero sympathy here my friend.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Hey U, one group the Israelis are educated civilized people who have contributed much to the greater good of the world as a whole. The other group to which you refer believe in a political religion with a false prophet and a 7th century mentality, that believes in NO PEACE and and lives in the filth and squalor it breeds. Sorry zero sympathy here my friend.

Hello md......I do appreciate your post and thought on the matter and I obviously do respect it.....

That's such a huge, complex and full of various events (historically) issue  that it'd take pages and pages of posting in order to debate it thoroughly and sensibly ....

I'd love to do that but I cannot  for the reasons I wrote above...It'd  take away too much space from this thread and site

I do confirm  that your explanation is considered and noted