Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq and China to sign massive financing deal

https://www.iraqoilreport.com/news/iraq-and-china-to-sign-massive-financing-deal-38041/....

Imminent agreement will provide some $10 billion in credit for companies to invest, super-charging China's involvement in the Iraqi economy.
Officials from the Iraqi Oil Ministry and the China ZhenHua Oil Company sign a contract to develop part of the East Baghdad oil field on May 23, 2018 - one of Iraq's many energy projects involving Chinese companies. (Photo credit: Oil Ministry media office)
By BEN VAN HEUVELEN AND SAMYA KULLAB of Iraq Oil Report
Published Wednesday, March 13th, 2019

BAGHDAD - Iraq and China are set to finalize a major bilateral agreement that would give investors access to roughly $10 billion worth of financing.

The deal is likely to accelerate the pace and widen the breadth of China's involvement in the Iraqi economy, including the energy sector, and provide money needed for reconstruction and infrastructure projects that cannot be funded by the Iraqi budget alone.

Iraq Oil Report Attribution Policy

All sources quoted or referenced spoke to Iraq Oil Report directly and exclusively, unless stated otherwise. Iraq Oil Report typically grants anonymity to sources that can't speak without risking their personal safety or job security. We only publish information from anonymous sources that we independently corroborate and are important to core elements of the story. We do not provide anonymity to sources whose purpose is to further personal or political agendas.

Iraq Oil Report Commitment to Independence

Iraq Oil Report strives to provide thoroughly vetted reporting and fair-minded analysis that enables readers to understand the dynamic events of Iraq. To meet this goal, we always seek to gather first-hand information on the ground, verify facts from multiple angles, and solicit input from every stakeholder involved in a given story.

We view our independence as an integral piece of our competitive advantage. Whereas many media entities in Iraq are owned or heavily influenced by political parties, Iraq Oil Report is wholly owned by several of its employees. In a landscape that is often polarized and politicized, we are able to gather and corroborate information from an unusually wide array of sources because we can speak with all of them in good faith.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

Imminent agreement will provide some $10 billion in credit for companies to invest, super-charging China's involvement in the Iraqi economy.
ZhenHua-East-Baghdad-600x300.jpg?x21838
Officials from the Iraqi Oil Ministry and the China ZhenHua Oil Company sign a contract to develop part of the East Baghdad oil field on May 23, 2018 - one of Iraq's many energy projects involving Chinese companies. (Photo credit: Oil Ministry media office)

By BEN VAN HEUVELEN AND SAMYA KULLAB of Iraq Oil Report
Published Wednesday, March 13th, 2019

BAGHDAD - Iraq and China are set to finalize a major bilateral agreement that would give investors access to roughly $10 billion worth of financing.
The deal is likely to accelerate the pace and widen the breadth of China's involvement in the Iraqi economy, including the energy sector, and provide money needed for reconstruction and infrastructure projects that cannot be funded by the Iraqi budget alone.
Iraq Oil Report Attribution Policy
All sources quoted or referenced spoke to Iraq Oil Report directly and exclusively, unless stated otherwise. Iraq Oil Report typically grants anonymity to sources that can't speak without risking their personal safety or job security. We only publish information from anonymous sources that we independently corroborate and are important to core elements of the story. We do not provide anonymity to sources whose purpose is to further personal or political agendas.
Iraq Oil Report Commitment to Independence
Iraq Oil Report strives to provide thoroughly vetted reporting and fair-minded analysis that enables readers to understand the dynamic events of Iraq. To meet this goal, we always seek to gather first-hand information on the ground, verify facts from multiple angles, and solicit input from every stakeholder involved in a given story.
We view our independence as an integral piece of our competitive advantage. Whereas many media entities in Iraq are owned or heavily influenced by political parties, Iraq Oil Report is wholly owned by several of its employees. In a landscape that is often polarized and politicized, we are able to gather and corroborate information from an unusually wide array of sources because we can speak with all of them in good faith.

https://www.iraqoilreport.com/news/iraq-and-china-to-sign-massive-financing-deal-38041/
  • Upvote 8

I hope you are right NEPatriotssFan1.  

I love the way the US liberates Iraq twice at the cost of thousands of US Soldiers killed and.wounded, at a cost of trillions,,,,just to watch China scoop up some great economic involvement.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

42 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

I hope you are right NEPatriotssFan1.  

I love the way the US liberates Iraq twice at the cost of thousands of US Soldiers killed and.wounded, at a cost of trillions,,,,just to watch China scoop up some great economic involvement.  

I totally agree with your sentiment my friend.... I do however believe Iraq will be part of the new Silk Road however and that will involve China.... hoping for the best so we can all move on to new and exciting investments 

• Upvote 5

So, OK, I think back to former The United States Of America President Tricky in 1972. Just OFF the Gold Standard in 1971 AND Henry Kissingher's (:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:) Super Secret DO NOT TELL ANYBODY trip THROUGH Pakistan in 1970 to "arrange" the meeting AND Maotai/Moutai/whatever NOW famous photo op former The United States Of America President Tricky had with Mousey Dung.

For those who DO NOT know, Maotai/Moutai/whatever comes in a white porcelain container shaped like a liquid DRANO container the top HAS to be broken off to open. TASTES LIKE LIQUID DRANO, TOO!!! YUK!!!

(DO NOT try THAT at home - YOU'LL wish YOU NEVER DID :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao: !!!)!!!

YEP!!! Somethinzs Up WITH The Chinese!!!

Belt AND Road Initiative - YEAH BABY!!! Move THEM goods via the Old Silk Road. MAKE INTERNATIONAL Commerce POSSIBLE for LAND LOCKED Countries ACCESSIBLE BY the Old Silk Road via the Belt AND Road Initiative!!!

China HAS BEEN dumping ALL kinds of MONAE' INTO INFRASTRUCTURE/TRANSPORTATION via the BRICS in the Old Silk Road Routes!!!

Looks like the Rail Road tracks ARE LAID to, basically, the Bicraqi Iraqi border WITH future aspirations for rail to Europe!!! NO WONDER the last stubborn ISIS pocket North AND East of the Euphrates River near the Bicraqi Iraqi border HAS TO be taken.

THAT appears to be in the FINAL Clean Up NOW!!!

3,000+ ISIS AND Family Members Have Surrendered in the LAST Couple DAZE!!!

So, OK, NOW the Chinese are GIVING Access To INVESTORS To 10 BILLION USD Worth Of Financing IN Iraq???

AND, ALL on the HEELS of the meeting with The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump???!!!

WOWZERS!!!

Talk About A DEAL!!!

THANK YOU True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump!!!

I DO NOT think the Chinese HAVE a LION SHARE Of The PRIZE HERE!!!

I suspect "Legacy" "Agreements" "Helped" "Frame" the "Discussions".

IF I (NOTE: I) understand CORRECTLY, Warren Buffet would ALWAYS invest in Transportation relative to items JUST PRIOR to the market taking off FOR THOSE ITEMS!!!

China DOING the SAME THING!!!

10 BILLION USD worth of FINANCING through (likely BRICS) SURE LOOKS LIKE IT!!!

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

Edited by Synopsis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 10

Great post as usual, Synopsis, thank you.:tiphat:And I agree 100% ++++++++ ............

One thing we (DV members) can count on ...... as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow in the Eastern sky ;

The Chinese will not allow, tolerate and or participate in, allowing their $10B investment in IRAQ to be skimmed, squandered and or stolen by the corrupt IRAQI powers that currently exist and or their Desperado Insanians (1) neighbors. Not going to happen, folks. The Chinese respect POWER, not some :bs: , backroom deal to steal :bagofmoney:. IMHO ................

They (the Chinese) are in it for the long haul, they don't give a Shitte or Sunni about Medieval Middle Eastern Tribal Politics. Its all about the  :bagofmoney:for them, ROI , (return on Investment) of their $10B. They will be fair, they will be professional but Its ALL ABOUT  business.

And in a perverse twist of fate, probably a real good thing for us. Again my :twocents:/ IMHO ............... 

Semper Fi:salute:

RV there yet ? :pirateship:

(1) - Synopsis

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Hotcurl said:

Great post as usual, Synopsis, thank you.:tiphat:And I agree 100% ++++++++ ............

One thing we (DV members) can count on ...... as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow in the Eastern sky ;

The Chinese will not allow, tolerate and or participate in, allowing their $10B investment in IRAQ to be skimmed, squandered and or stolen by the corrupt IRAQI powers that currently exist and or their Desperado Insanians (1) neighbors. Not going to happen, folks. The Chinese respect POWER, not some :bs: , backroom deal to steal :bagofmoney:. IMHO ................

They (the Chinese) are in it for the long haul, they don't give a Shitte or Sunni about Medieval Middle Eastern Tribal Politics. Its all about the  :bagofmoney:for them, ROI , (return on Investment) of their $10B. They will be fair, they will be professional but Its ALL ABOUT  business.

And in a perverse twist of fate, probably a real good thing for us. Again my :twocents:/ IMHO ............... 

Semper Fi:salute:

RV there yet ? :pirateship:

(1) - Synopsis

:twothumbs: Oh, YEAH, The Chinese ARE NOT Going To Accept "Fake It' WE Ain't Gonna "Make It" NO Way NO How, HotCurl, AND The Very Best Of The Rest Of Your Week AND Up Coming Weekend To You!!! :tiphat:

As You noted (astutely, of course), the "local politics" AND/OR "sandbox issues" ARE NOT going to stand in the way of ECONOMIC PROGRESS!!!

The Insanians are JUST carrying on. The Insanians HAVE NO substance. support from China? Russia? Who? The Insanian Terrorist AND Subversion issues AND "impede modernization" AND "world" "economic" "integration" aspirations DIRECTLY conflict WITH ECONOMIC PROGRESS!!!

Pretty sure the China infrastructure/transportation funding AND current functionality HAS BEEN progressed QUIETLY behind the scenes. So, WHO knows WHAT arrangements HAVE BEEN made between China AND the Insanians. Pretty sure China has a TIGHT reign on the Insanians. Sure, bloviate or WHATEVER ALL the Insanians want but DO NOT violate ANY agreement WITH China. OR ELSE!!!

In summary (like I am REALLY good at THAT :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:) the Chinese ARE NOT going to tolerate ANY Insanian OR OTHER terrorist activities THREATENING the Old Silk Road Restoration via the New Belt AND Road Initiative TO CRIMP ECONOMIC PROGRESS!!!

:shakehead:   :shakehead:   :shakehead:

The Insanians WILL GET SPANKED by the Chinese, Too!!!

So, NOW we have Syria AND the Ruskers. LIKELY East AND North of the Euphrates WILL REMAIN under WESTERN Influence to facilitate THAT leg of the Old Silk Road between China AND Europe. Hey, Turkey WAS TOLD, "LEAVE THE SYRIAN KURDS ALONE!!!"!!! So, Turkey, too, has a hand in the pie with the Old Silk Road going THROUGH Turkey WITH New Belt AND Road Initiative infrastructure/transportation. I am NOT sure where THAT funding came from. MAY have been ALREADY in place.

4 hours ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Great post synopsis! 

This actually made me laugh out loud 😆🤣

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao: Hey, WHY Post On DinarVets IF Nobody Can Have A LITTLE FUN With THAT???!!! :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao: AND Glad You Enjoyed The "Humor"!!!, Half Crazy Runner, AND The Very Best Of The Rest Of Your Week AND Up Coming Weekend To You!!! :tiphat:

I suspect WE ALL have (at least :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:) SOME "waiting" "anxiety" WHERE WE can do NOTHING BUT "enjoy" the "adventure" AND Laugh AT It!!!

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

Edited by Synopsis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3