Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

“We hold the international community and all countries responsible for the war against Daesh. Iraq can’t alone handle all this destruction and sacrifice,” Abdul-Mahdi said.

The international community is making excuses by “making itself feel good” through minor assistance, “with [Iraq’s] big sacrifices, [it] provides security to Iraq, the region, and the world”.

I call BS.......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

Here is the article from the link DinarDavo supplied (THANK YOU DinarDavo!!!):

World should repay Iraq for sacrifices in ISIS war: Iraqi PM

By Rudaw 7 hours ago
Iraqi PM Adil Abdul-Mahdi speaks to reporters at a weekly press conference in Baghdad on March 12, 2019. Photo: Iraqi PMO
Iraqi PM Adil Abdul-Mahdi speaks to reporters at a weekly press conference in Baghdad on March 12, 2019. Photo: Iraqi PMO

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region — Iraqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi bluntly demanded for the world to take responsibility for rebuilding Iraq’s ravaged cities, arguing that Iraq has done it a favor in fighting the Islamic State (ISIS).

“We did the world a great service. We gave our blood. We gave millions of victims. This isn’t about charity, grants or tips from anyone. The world has to repay the favor in terms of the security, stability and stopping the movement of displacement to other countries. The world has to repay the favor to Iraq to rebuild its areas,” Iraqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi told reporters in his weekly press conference on Tuesday.

Iraq paid Kuwait about $60 billion in reparations for the Kuwait invasion, and Abdul-Mahdi underscored that Turkey has received billions of dollars from the European Union “just to stop” the flow of migrants.

“We gave our blood. We had our cities destroyed. We have numerous burdens. The world has to carry them with us,” added the PM. 

He says Iraqis are merely demanding their “rights,” not calling for help.

“We hold the international community and all countries responsible for the war against Daesh. Iraq can’t alone handle all this destruction and sacrifice,” Abdul-Mahdi said.

The international community is making excuses by “making itself feel good” through minor assistance, “with [Iraq’s] big sacrifices, [it] provides security to Iraq, the region, and the world”.

In his call last week with the US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, the Americans have promised to assist. 

“As such, the whole world has to stand by Iraq. The American Secretary honestly did promise to support Iraq in these efforts,” added the PM, speaking of the call

A “large part” of Iraq receiving ISIS suspects is dependent upon Baghdad receiving “large amounts of funds” to rebuild its areas, he claimed. 

“We are doing a lot of work to come up with projects and plans, not only to compensate the affected, but for rebuilding areas, the return of IDPs, for important economic reforms, and for important administrative reforms,” added the PM.

In February 2018, a donor’s conference for Iraq was held in Kuwait. While Iraq estimated that it needed $88 billion of funds for reconstruction, only about $30 billion, was pledged.

Iraq is yet to see rebuilding on a large scale. Mosul, in particular, still lies in ruins, and the people have taken the mantle of rebuilding their own houses even while they are financially strapped.

There are still more than 1.7 million displaced Iraqis, mostly living in camps in the Kurdistan Region, not willing to go back. The IDPs complain of rampant destruction and poor security in their home areas.

Iran-Iraq to go back to 1975 Shatt al-Arab border

Abdul-Mahdi also revealed details about Iran and Iraq agreeing to the return to the 1975 sea border in Shatt al-Arab and the lifting of visa fees, days after Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s visit to Baghdad.

“We reached an agreement on how to deal with this topic in order for us to start with cleaning and drilling operations to return to the Taluk line like it was in 1975. We believe this is an important Iraqi gain,” Abdul-Mahdi said.

The souring of the water, due to lack to cleaning operations of the riverbed, not removing contaminants and not drilling holes in the river, has pushed Iraq’s water border inward about 2.2 kilometers, the PM claimed.

The PM referred to the 1975 Algiers Agreement between the two countries. Shatt al-Arab was entirely considered Iraqi territory, but after the agreement it became a shared waterway.

The agreement included Iran ending its support for the Kurdish insurgency that had threatened the Iraqi state, while the former Iranian Shah got what he had always wanted: Shatt al-Arab.

The border was set at the deepest point, the so-called Taluk link. The souring has caused the line to move to the west, shrinking Iraq’s border in the water, the PM added.

This is important for al-Amaya oil terminal, Abdul-Mahdi claimed. The border has become very close to the terminal resulting in confusion.

The PM also reiterated that with the agreement, Iran is only over lifting visa fees — not visas themselves. 

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So this sounds a lot like We Want World Welfare and the World to Rebuild what IS did to their country and citizens.......Who is paying for the Soldiers that came from around the World to Fight IS when the Iraqi troops fled in fear of being taken prisoners and killed.

They have a means to get the funds, they just have to do what they know they are going to have to do....Have a Currency that is International as well a Has A Value to it.

No one is going to rebuild Iraqi for Free.

Karsten

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Maliki could pay ... . I gather he has a lot of your money?

You could start working a 35 hour week, just to keep things moving 

You could all stop grafting

You could work a ... let's say ... a 46 week year.

You could stop the currency auctions.

You could replace tribalism with nationalism.

You could sort your currency ..

Edited by bkeiller
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Karsten said:

So this sounds a lot like We Want World Welfare and the World to Rebuild what IS did to their country and citizens.......Who is paying for the Soldiers that came from around the World to Fight IS when the Iraqi troops fled in fear of being taken prisoners and killed.

They have a means to get the funds, they just have to do what they know they are going to have to do....Have a Currency that is International as well a Has A Value to it.

No one is going to rebuild Iraqi for Free.

Karsten

15 minutes ago, bkeiller said:

Maliki could pay ... . I gather he has a lot of your money?

You could start working a 35 hour week, just to keep things moving 

You could all stop grafting

You could work a ... let's say ... a 46 week year.

You could stop the currency auctions.

You could replace tribalism with nationalism.

You could sort your currency ..

RIGHT ON ..................:tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

"Iraqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi bluntly demanded for the world to take responsibility for rebuilding Iraq’s ravaged cities, arguing that Iraq has done it a favor in fighting the Islamic State (ISIS)."

If I didn't know better, I would say they are all liberal Democrats!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Floridian said:

"Iraqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi bluntly demanded for the world to take responsibility for rebuilding Iraq’s ravaged cities, arguing that Iraq has done it a favor in fighting the Islamic State (ISIS)."

If I didn't know better, I would say they are all liberal Democrats!

They wont be responsible for themselves yet demand that if the world. The mind set of these people is yes .... just astonishingly narrow & single minded they are in their perception of the way the Real World operates. 

Such arrogance. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

They wont be responsible for themselves yet demand that if the world. The mind set of these people is yes .... just astonishingly narrow & single minded they are in their perception of the way the Real World operates. 

Such arrogance. 

Poor sentence construction - whose the knuckle head that didn’t check his words prior to submitting ? ME !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mannie2g said:

And yet Iraq wants all foreign troops out of the country smdh

Sounds like my first wife - wanted everything right now, couldn’t make up her mind what she wanted, would do the wrong thing now than plan it out to do it correctly or wanted everything right or wrong HER way. 

Who can can keep up with that ... yet that’s what we have in Iraq. I’m a glutton for punishment I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well fella you are in good company :lol: with the rest of us.  :P

13 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Who can can keep up with that ... yet that’s what we have in Iraq. I’m a glutton for punishment I guess.

Edited by nannab
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Wow what a tool Mahdi is turning out to be! Delay delay the ministers which is the same thing Maliki did! Wow it’s their own damn fault for ISIS in their own country what a Moron! Arrest Maliki and use all the stolen billions to pay for it. Think Maliki is worth like 200 billion right!, these people are so stupid or maybe not once they get in power it OHHHH now it my turn to rob rape and pillage the country all I can while I am in this position! What a bunch of no good camel jockeys seriously!

• Upvote 5

I haven't read any article about the lower denoms being introduce since the end of last year,and now this mess. I hate to admit guys but nothing looks good at this time. The GOI hasn't been formed.  After damn near 20 years they don't even have electricity for their own people while Iran so called supported Iraq's power grid and yet they singed agreements with Iran  over the last 3 days.These guys are paid and care nothing about their country or currency. HCL hasn't been signed either.....

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1