Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why I believe our wait will be longer.

1 hour ago, Floridian said:

Those are great thoughts, @Synopsis, thank you.  

However, I just read (in another thread) how the Iraqis are wanting to pass a law to get "compensation" from the U.S. and Israel for past wars and ruining their infrastructure, causing cancer to their people, and other complaints.  

To me, it looks like they never want to raise the price of the dinar and stand on their own.  They just complain and beg for money.

What a lowly bunch of people.  They are a disgrace.

I am very discouraged about the dinar today, after reading that article.

:twothumbs: Great Points, Floridian, AND The Very Best Of The Rest Of Your Weekend AND Up Coming Week To You!!! :tiphat:

HOW FAR, pray tell, WILL the Bicraqi Iraqi get with THAT???!!!

THEIR dysfunctional GOI???!!!

IF the Bicraqi Iraqi ACTUALLY passed THAT law IN Iraq, HOW, pray tell, WILL THEY be "compensated"???!!!

MY (NOTE: MY) opinion is THIS is a "show" "of" "ineptness" AND "insupportable" "bravado"!!!

I suspect WHEN Show Time !!!ARRIVES!!! !!!SUDDENLY!!! for INTERNATIONAL Trade AND A ReInstated Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar, the Bicraqi Iraqi WILL Say, "MOOLA, MOOLA, MOOLA!!!"!!! AND WILL forget about THIS AND/OR BE "strongly" " encouraged" "to" FORGET THIS!!!

I know, I know. Good News/Bad News. But, HEY, THIS is a Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Investment!!! :o   :o   :o

NO need to get discouraged BECAUSE IT IS NOT ABOUT ANY OF US ANYWAY!!!

I would ALSO like to give the Red Rubymeisters a sincere AND heartfelt THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the Red Ruby Citations AS Badges Of Honor For ME For "Display Of Intellectual Speed AND Power"!!!

I KNOW it is EXTREMELY hard AND difficult for YOU to comprehend the breadth, height, width, AND length of WHAT I posted so I ALSO appreciate YOUR self designated AND displayed insecurities.

ALTHOUGH I NEVER INTENDED TO CALL ATTENTION TO YOUR INSECURITIES BUT to render my requisite perspectives as the presented information is posted for YOUR AND EVERYONE ELSE'S POSITIVE BENEFIT AND ENJOYMENT!!!

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

I know, I know. Good News/Bad News. But, HEY, THIS is a Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Investment!!! :o   :o   :o

NO need to get discouraged BECAUSE IT IS NOT ABOUT ANY OF US ANYWAY!!!

Thanks for your reply, Synopsis.  I know this is not about any of us and I know this is a "speculative" investment, however I have so far wasted almost 10 years following this speculation and if it doesn't pay off soon I'm not going to be happy.  It will have been money and time wasted, and both are running out.  I'm starting to regret ever hearing about it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Floridian said:

Thanks for your reply, Synopsis.  I know this is not about any of us and I know this is a "speculative" investment, however I have so far wasted almost 10 years following this speculation and if it doesn't pay off soon I'm not going to be happy.  It will have been money and time wasted, and both are running out.  I'm starting to regret ever hearing about it.

:twothumbs: I Hear You, Floridian, AND ALL The Best!!! :tiphat:

Maybe consider THIS - NO MATTER WHAT INVESTMENT(S) WAS MADE OTHER THAN the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar, THE OTHER INVESTMENT(S) MAY NOT HAVE PAID OUT EITHER IN THIS TIME!!!

One feature I looked at BEFORE entering THIS Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Investment IS the capability of RECOVERING a SIGNIFICANT portion of the INITIAL investment albeit at SOMEWHAT of a loss on the order of 30 - 40%. NOT knowing WHAT WILL ACTUALLY happen WITH the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar INTERNATIONAL VALUE AND, of course, WHEN, I surmised THERE may be BABY gradual value improvement as happened in the first few years since 2003 AND I would be able to sell the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar at an equal OR greater value.

I would NOT get down on myself for the choice made to enter into THIS Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Investment. NO ONE knew OR does know WHAT WILL happen OR when.

WE ARE ALL IN the SAME boat on THIS ONE!!! Granted, SOME have greater needs THAN others AND will need to make the responsible choices. NO ONE can help THAT. Time AND Chance happen to US ALL.

We can ALL pray THIS Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Investment WILL BE OF GREAT BENEFIT AND !!!SUDDENLY!!! APPEAR for OUR individual benefit AND the Benefit Of Those The LORD calls to Bless in whatever form. ANONYMOUSLY, of course.

I feel Your pain, Floridian. I wish I could help more but we each have our burdens to bear while doing the best we can to support others.

Hope THIS helps bring SOME comfort to You. We ALL need comfort now AND then!!! :D   :D   :D

Go Moola Nova!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

:twothumbs: I Hear You, Floridian, AND ALL The Best!!! :tiphat:

Maybe consider THIS - NO MATTER WHAT INVESTMENT(S) WAS MADE OTHER THAN the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar, THE OTHER INVESTMENT(S) MAY NOT HAVE PAID OUT EITHER IN THIS TIME!!!

One feature I looked at BEFORE entering THIS Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Investment IS the capability of RECOVERING a SIGNIFICANT portion of the INITIAL investment albeit at SOMEWHAT of a loss on the order of 30 - 40%. NOT knowing WHAT WILL ACTUALLY happen WITH the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar INTERNATIONAL VALUE AND, of course, WHEN, I surmised THERE may be BABY gradual value improvement as happened in the first few years since 2003 AND I would be able to sell the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar at an equal OR greater value.

I would NOT get down on myself for the choice made to enter into THIS Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Investment. NO ONE knew OR does know WHAT WILL happen OR when.

WE ARE ALL IN the SAME boat on THIS ONE!!! Granted, SOME have greater needs THAN others AND will need to make the responsible choices. NO ONE can help THAT. Time AND Chance happen to US ALL.

We can ALL pray THIS Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Investment WILL BE OF GREAT BENEFIT AND !!!SUDDENLY!!! APPEAR for OUR individual benefit AND the Benefit Of Those The LORD calls to Bless in whatever form. ANONYMOUSLY, of course.

I feel Your pain, Floridian. I wish I could help more but we each have our burdens to bear while doing the best we can to support system" rel="">support others.

Hope THIS helps bring SOME comfort to You. We ALL need comfort now AND then!!! :D   :D   :D

Go Moola Nova!

That was very nice, Synopsis, and I appreciate the kind words.

I was not thinking about getting some of our money back if this doesn't pan out.  I'm glad you reminded me of that.

There has been a lot of good news lately and I have been encouraged, but then the Iraqis say or do something stupid and I get discouraged again.  It's such a totally different culture than ours.  I don't understand them at all.  They think so differently than we do in the West.

You would think they would catch on after all these years.  Hopefully, with the rise of the internet, the younger generation will be more modern in their thinking.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Floridian said:

That was very nice, Synopsis, and I appreciate the kind words.

I was not thinking about getting some of our money back if this doesn't pan out.  I'm glad you reminded me of that.

There has been a lot of good news lately and I have been encouraged, but then the Iraqis say or do something stupid and I get discouraged again.  It's such a totally different culture than ours.  I don't understand them at all.  They think so differently than we do in the West.

You would think they would catch on after all these years.  Hopefully, with the rise of the internet, the younger generation will be more modern in their thinking.

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

(hint) WHAT, pray tell, IF the ReInstatment of the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar INTERNATIONALLY is NOT about the Bicraqi Iraqi PRIMARILY AND the Bicraqi Iraqi ARE MORE LIKE "willing" "accomplices"???!!!

SURE, the Bicraqi Iraqi WILL HIGHLY benefit from a ACTUALLY INTERNATIONALLY VALUED ReInstated Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar BUT the CUMULATIVE INTERNATIONAL BENEFIT IS FAR GREATER!!!

:o   :o   :o

SO, the CONDITIONS HAVE TO BE JUST SO BEFORE the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar IS REVVED UP!!!

Are WE THERE, yet???!!!

Iya dunno. Lookin' Good, THOUGH!!!

I about fell OUT OF MY CHAIR when I first saw Xi Jinping reference the Old Silk Road IN the news articles. I COULD BE (likely SO :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:) WRONG BUT I think THAT is REALLY, REALLY TIMELY NEWS!!!

:crossedfingers:   :crossedfingers:   :crossedfingers:

Go Moola Nova!

Edited by Synopsis
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

(hint) WHAT, pray tell, IF the ReInstatment of the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar INTERNATIONALLY is NOT about the Bicraqi Iraqi PRIMARILY AND the Bicraqi Iraqi ARE MORE LIKE "willing" "accomplices"???!!!

SURE, the Bicraqi Iraqi WILL HIGHLY benefit from a ACTUALLY INTERNATIONALLY VALUED ReInstated Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar BUT the CUMULATIVE INTERNATIONAL BENEFIT IS FAR GREATER!!!

:o   :o   :o

SO, the CONDITIONS HAVE TO BE JUST SO BEFORE the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar IS REVVED UP!!!

Are WE THERE, yet???!!!

Iya dunno. Lookin' Good, THOUGH!!!

I about fell OUT OF MY CHAIR when I first saw Xi Jinping reference the Old Silk Road IN the news articles. I COULD BE (likely SO :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:) WRONG BUT I think THAT is REALLY, REALLY TIMELY NEWS!!!

:crossedfingers:   :crossedfingers:   :crossedfingers:

Go Moola Nova!

Well, you're making a lot of sense here.  

You think of things I wouldn't think of.

That's why I like consulting with you.  LOL LOL

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

When will Washington resort to military force against Tehran?

%D9%85%D8%AA%D8%AA%D9%89-%D8%AA%D9%84%D8

Iranian statements against the United States and the administration of President Donald Trump are rising, in exchange for the escalation measures taken by the administration in pressuring Iran to bow to US demands. Trump said the pressure on Iran was the biggest ever. The United States recently designated the Iranian Revolutionary Guard a terrorist organization, in the first action of its kind, in the classification of part of the armed forces of a state as a terrorist group. Washington has also decided to cancel the exceptions given to countries to buy Iranian oil, in order to prevent Iran from exporting oil completely. Other sanctions were added to the mining sector, the second in the Iranian economy after oil. The situation has become difficult for the Iranian regime, which is facing economic difficulties and popular discontent.
Iran has pursued a defiant policy, given a deadline for European states to deal with it, otherwise it will withdraw from the nuclear deal that Trump has withdrawn from, while Europe remains committed to it. The Iranian deadline was immediately rejected, but the United States has expressed concern about another measure taken by Iran , that it has given the green light to its associated groups in the Middle East to attack US interests. As a result America has entered a military and political warning. The US Fifth Fleet based in the Arabian Gulf announced a high alert, warning all American civilian ships that they could be targeted by Iran, and military reinforcements were sent to the area, most notably the giant aircraft carrier SS Abraham Lincoln. But all these measures are defensive and ready to respond to any attack, not preparations to start a war or a major blow to Iran so far. America is not aiming to start a war with Iran. More importantly, the Trump administration, despite its massive escalation of pressure on Iran, it does not aim to overthrow the Iranian regime, but to restrict it. Even Trump said at the height of the crisis a few days ago, he wants to be contacted by Iranian leaders to negotiate, and this is the only way to save Iran from its great economic difficulties. But he added, surprisingly, that he wants Iran to be strong and great! The Iranian responses were clear in rejecting Trump’s offer to negotiate, but in politics everything is possible and secret contacts may exist now with all this escalation.
The Iraqi arena is very important in the Iranian-American confrontation. Foreign Minister Pompeo canceled a visit to Germany and went to Baghdad. And his talks include defensive demands, that is to obtain an Iraqi commitment to protect US forces in Iraq from any attack by Iraqi groups associated with Iran. He used the term protection. Therefore, this is not talking about American pressure on Iraq to take America’s side in any military confrontation that might happen .Pompeo briefed Iraqi officials on Iran’s guidance to those associated with it to attack US interests, and then returned home passing to Britain, the closest US ally, and its partner in any war.
The situation is inflamed in the region. But there is no media mobilization in Washington for a war with Iran. The American strategy is to escalate economic pressure so that Tehran will bow to Trump and sign an agreement according to its terms. It may differ more or less from the nuclear agreement signed by the administration of his predecessor Obama and Trump withdrew from it. But America will not start a military strike; it is only increasing its readiness to respond.
However, General Qassem Soleimani, the commander of the Iranian Quds Force through his own channels, leaked an Israeli intelligence information Mossad, which in its turn leaked to the CIA about his meeting ( regular and repeated meetings)) with leaders of Iraqi factions described as loyal or allied to Iran within his plan to make division between the US administration’s hard-line war wing and President Donald Trump.
Sulaymani has extensive personal relations with various actors in regional conflict by virtue of his position as a leader of the Revolutionary Guard and his work in the strategic files related to the Iranian national security, especially in Iraq, Syria and Yemen, he also met with prominent leaders in the popular crowd during their presence in Ahwaz governorate to provide relief to the Iranians when exposed to floods. ” special” information was leaked about the scenes of the meeting in which Sulaimani aims to push the hardline team within the US administration into immediate action and push for escalation with Iran as specific Iraqi groups would kidnap US diplomats, officers and soldiers and thus threaten US interests in Iraq. This is what the hard-line American team, Pompeo and Bolton Brian Hawk, is looking for, the reason for the war against Iran, as Trump was told that Sulaimani has told the leaders of the Iraqi factions that they should prepare for the war, this meeting will be a reason to raise the levels and degrees of threat to US forces and military bases in Iraq to the maximum extent .
What Soleimani wanted was to increase the gap and divergence of views on the Iranian issue and ways to resolve it between the US president, who aspires to a second presidential term and his hardliners who want to escalate and change the Islamic Republic’s regime through a scenario of war and to move the Iranian interior .So far, the disparity has surfaced when a senior administration official familiar with Trump’s talks with national security adviser John Bolton and Foreign Secretary Mike Pompeo was quoted as saying that Trump was furious all week over what he saw as a war plan that went beyond his ideas which don’t go beyond the limits of pressure sanctions and military mobilizations and avoid being dragged into a military confrontation and this as referred to by New York Times Thursday by saying , that President Donald Trump had told Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Chanahan that he did not want to go to war with Iran.
Throughout the week, the US president, in his remarks and the moves of the Defense Ministry as if he were above the tree, could not get off even when his Foreign Minister Pompeo met with his Russian counterpart in Sushi and his vague references where Moscow was not reassured about Trump intentions towards the Iranian issue. Trump’s Republicans, who control the majority of seats in the Senate, are not happy with this situation and they have been in critical situation in front of their Democratic rivals on the eve of the 2020 presidential election, and preparations are underway in Congress for Trump officials to make secret statements about the situation with Iran. Lawmakers from both parties have asked for more information. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Joint Chiefs of Staff General Joseph Danford and Acting Defense Minister Patrick Chanahan will attend Tuesday’s hearing before the entire Senate, an embarrassment to Trump in front of supporters and opponents, as members of Congress complain weeks ago that Trump’s management did not inform them with sufficient information about the current escalation with Iran, even some Republicans say the administration did not show them anything on that issue. The question arises in this context: Is the US heading for war with Iran? There are two stories competing for the answer to this question. The first story, favored by the administration of President Donald Trump, is based on the fact that Iran has bad intentions and that there are preparations for a possible attack on US targets, although the details disclosed are few, and pushed US to send military reinforcements to the region, and the US is working to reduce the number of its non-essential diplomatic staff in Iraq and is reconsidering its war plans.
The message to Tehran is clear: any attack on an American target from any source, whether Iran or any of its many allies or proxies in the region, will be met with a huge military response. The other story blames Washington in this crisis. It is not surprising that Iran will stick to this story, but many who criticize the Trump administration’s way of thinking from interior prefer it too. But a number of major European Trump allies have concerns about this, but to varying degrees.

According to this story, the “hawks” in the US administration, such as US National Security Adviser John Bolton or Secretary Minister Mike Pompeo, see this as an appropriate opportunity. This story shows that the goal of those hawks is to change the regime in Tehran, and if the extreme degrees of economic pressure don’t succeed in doing so, they believe that military action is not ruled out according to circumstances.

These two stories reflect different interpretations of the truth. As is often the case, each works to highlight certain facts and to ignore others to prove that they are the correct ones. But perceptions here are as important as truth, and in many ways to be the reason to reach the truth.
That fact is that a conflict between the United States and Iran , even it was just a coincidence rather than something that has already been prepared , is more likely now than ever since Trump took over the presidency of the United States. The Middle East is certainly witnessing a rise in tensions. Iran is working to tackle this, although its economy is suffering from the re-imposition of sanctions that were lifted under a nuclear deal signed in 2015 with world powers. Iran has threatened that it will no longer abide by any restrictions on its nuclear activity.

Trump came to power is a turning point. He withdrew from the nuclear deal a year ago and worked to exert maximum pressure on the Iranian government.
However, Iran is fed up with this pressure, and it is working hard to push the Europeans to do more to help its deteriorated economy threatening that if they do not do so, and it is difficult to know what they can do, it will violate the terms of the nuclear agreement. This will give Trump a further reason to take an offensive stance. The situation now depends on the moves taking place within the Trump administration and on Tehran’s assessment of what is happening there.

The president himself has sought to underestimate the idea that officials in his administration are divided over the Iran issue. Reports indicated that Trump is not very enthusiastic about the war. He is known for his opposition to military conflicts abroad. But it is not likely that he will back down if its forces or installations are attacked. But Tehran does not have to look at things this way. Does Iran see that it can spoil the relationship between Bolton and his boss, heightening tension between the two parties, prompting Bolton to reveal his plans, which may hasten his fall? If that is Tehran’s assessment, it will be a strategy of high risk.
While Israel and Saudi Arabia, the two most important allies of the US administration in the region, are welcoming this step , but the administration’s partners in Europe are uncomfortable about what will happen. Spain, Germany and the Netherlands have taken steps to stop any military activities In the Middle East, in partnership with the Americans, due to rising tensions in the region.
This is not the time to see how the conflict between the United States and Iran will be. Moreover, comparing this conflict to the invasion of Iraq in 2003 will not be useful. Iran is a different example from the situation in Iraq under the rule of former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein. The idea of a full-scale invasion on Iran would not be among the options as a military conflict could arise by air and sea, which Iran’s way in dealing with will be different , which would ignite the region as a whole.

There were those who predicted a major foreign policy disaster with Donald Trump taking over as president of the United States. Instead, there is an ongoing multidimensional crisis involving a number of elements, all illustrated by Iran’s situation: there is a state of disdain for international conventions, excessive reliance on regional allies with their own plans to pursue, tensions with old NATO partners and, above all, the inability to resolve the decision and set priorities for Washington’s real strategic interests. With renewed competition among the superpowers, where the United States seeks to redirect the deployment of its forces and strengthen its capabilities facing the rise of China and the boldness of Russia, where is Iran standing now within priorities for Washington ‘s strategy ? Is the Iranian threat really worth fighting a major conflict? Many strategic analysts will reply by rejection . Many also accept that the idea of containing Tehran with strong retaliatory measures may be necessary in the event of its attack on US interests, but the sound of drums of war are not as necessary.
The war between Washington and Tehran remains excluded, especially as there are regional and international parties that have hastened to mediate in trying to drag the parties to the negotiating table and the direct dialogue that Trump wants and insists on. Tehran rejects it and does not close the door to it for sure on real legitimate demands and not on the terms of the UN Security Council resolution No. 2231 (2015), the last international resolution on the Iranian nuclear issue and provided to support of the nuclear agreement and lifting sanctions in relation to Iran’s nuclear program.
Although Khamenei has rejected direct negotiations with the current Trump administration because he has vetoed the nuclear deal and can not be trusted again, and is betting on his failure in the upcoming elections, he does not mind absolutely to maintain the ball rolling , perhaps Trump calculates it with (trader mentality) and therefore comply with Resolution 2231 and dismisses his national security adviser John Bolton, who deals with Iran as a member of the Iranian Mojahedin –eKhalq organization (People’s Mujahedin Organization ), the opposition accused since the Shah of terrorist acts against America itself, and consistent with the international consensus, especially the European pro-nuclear agreement, and to work with the Islamic Republic in regional and International files that were supposed to be opened with it after the conclusion of the nuclear agreement.
When Trump comes down from the tree, especially since the consensus in the leadership within Iran is not to give the hardliners the pretext to wage war on their country, Tehran will remain in the nuclear agreement and will not withdraw from it and will not achieve the desire of the team that pushed the US president to withdraw from it and incite him to attack Iran?

When the Supreme National Security Council, headed by the Iranian president, reinforces the internal front, Rohani begins the first steps of unity among the political factions in the country to overcome the circumstances he said , that are perhaps more difficult than the situation during the war with Iraq in the 1980s ?!

In summary, there are certain cases that accelerate the resort of the United States of America the use of military force against Iran, namely: Iran’s production of nuclear weapons, and Iran’s closure of the Strait of Hormuz to oil tankers, targeting the US forces deployed in Iraq and the Arabian Gulf, these cases combined or alone may hasten to resort to a military option against Iran. Except that, all outstanding problems between the two countries can be resolved through diplomacy, direct diplomacy, third-party diplomacy or hotline diplomacy.

Iranian Studies Unit
Rawabet Center for Research and Strategic Studies

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Iraq pays the price of confrontation between Iran and the United States of America “the biggest loser”

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82-%D9

Researcher Shatha Khalil *
Iraq stands in the middle between the United States and Iran, the two countries that have had the interest of overthrowing the regime and creating chaos in the country, and evidence remains that the two sides are still working to make Iraq the arena of their conflict and with Iraqi blood.
The strangest thing is the willingness of parties and (Iraqi politicians) to show a great enthusiasm to defend Iran. The parties, MPs and politicians showed support for Iran and prevented Iraq from complying with the new US sanctions imposed on Iran.
Some have even come to say that they are ready to fight alongside Iran in any future confrontation. Moreover, they are talking about drafting a resolution in parliament calling on US forces to leave Iraq.
On the other hand, the United States has supporters of its presence in Iraq, which makes it feel reassured about its influence there, and what raises more fears is the possibility of bloody confrontation with Iraqi hands and blood, this is happening now between the factions of the popular crowd and the liquidation of organizations inside it that are not loyal to Iran.
The conflict of influence and domination on Iraq between America and Iran through the control on projects does not reflect hostility between Tehran and Washington, as it has clear indications on strategies set to divide the interests and prioritize influence.
All because of the absence of an Iraqi national project and the involvement of Iraqis in sectarian and doctrinal conflicts because most of the parties and political names, whether they came with the occupier or have been incubated and produced domestically at home, do not carry a vision or national identity, and its first and last loyalty to external parties which have their own agendas , this is what made the battle and the conflict of foreign projects on the Iraqi arena a prevailing reality can not get out of its cycle , by an initiative to build a national Iraqi collective project , but the initiative is difficult in the near term because the inability of the Iraqi community machinery to overcome the past, and inability to diagnose the mistakes, this is on the one hand, and on the other, the important and most important, the dominance of the religious Marja decision on the collective consciousness in the street, and the dependency of the ruling junta and its symbols to these Marja and implementation of their decisions, in the service of their personal interests first, and their sick doctrinal second , and to maintain their positions third, and they no have the will, the national belonging, and not even the moral constant fourth and finally .

The power crisis in Iraq:
US sanctions on Iran put Iraq in trouble to rely on Iranian gas used to produce electricity, that is, Iraq must follow the steps of independence in the field of energy and politics.
The Iraqi electricity sector suffers from poor conditions after many years of financial and administrative corruption in the country, as well as more than three years of war on the organization of the terrorist ISIS, which led to the destruction of the infrastructure in many of the provinces occupied by the organization.
Iraq is currently importing about 28 million cubic feet of gas per day. The Iraqi Ministry of Electricity said that it is exempt from the sanctions imposed by Washington on Iran, and announced the continued flow of imported gas from Iran to feed the country’s production stations and the purchase of 1,200 MW of Iranian electricity.
The United States on Monday decided not to renew exemptions on Iranian oil imports by May 2 to eight countries it received in December.
The spokesman for the Ministry of Electricity Musab al-Mudaris , said that his country is currently importing from Iran about 28 million cubic feet of gas per day feeding a number of power plants to approximately 2800 MW, and is likely to increase quantities in June to 35 million standard cubic feet per day , to increase the production capacity to 3500 MW, and pointed to the continuation of the Iranian side to equip Iraq with 1200 MW of electricity every day feeding the national system, he said.

Thus, Iraqi energy imports from Iran are of great importance to the country to meet the challenges of increasing domestic and industrial consumption in the country.
As part of the deepening crisis, Iraq has signed contracts with Siemens, a leading German company worth $ 14 billion to renew the infrastructure in the country and the addition of new generation plants.
Iraq is seeking to sign contracts worth billions of dollars, with the General Electric Company in this regard.
The former Iraqi oil minister stressed the importance of the contracts signed with Siemens, saying: The German Company “can put an end to the suffering of the country in the field of electricity,” and it is possible to reach the stage of self-sufficiency, he said.
Iraq also signed an agreement to connect electricity with Saudi Arabia, which has a large surplus of electricity production.
The Ministry of Electricity spokesman Musab al-Mudaris that the total amount of energy imported by his country from Iran is 4,700 megawatts, which contributes to easing the Iraqi burden in the summer, adding that the goal of the ministry to provide eight thousand megawatts to be the volume of energy this summer in the highest history of Iraq, Iraq has no alternative to importing Iranian gas, adding that stopping imports would cost Iraq’s electricity grid 4,000 megawatts a day.
Iraq has agreed to a deal with China Petroleum Engineering and Construction Company to build and operate facilities to process the extracted natural gas, as well as oil in the giant Halfaya field, two oil officials said.
Iraq suffers from the waste of gas extracted from the burning process along with crude oil in its fields because of the lack of facilities to be treated and converted to fuel for domestic consumption or export.
In conclusion, the element of surprise remains within the limits of the data that dominates the regional and international arenas, especially the mood swings of the American president, and it is not ruled out that the common interests between Iran and Washington will be the case.

Economic Studies Unit

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Washington warns Iraqi banks from monetary transactions with Iranian banks

%D9%85%D9%85%D8%B5%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%81-768

Shatha Khalil *
Most countries seek to work within a precise and cautious system in monetary and banking transactions because they directly affect the economy of the state. It is the backbone of the economy of any country. It helps to generate capital and thus can be directed to investments that need a stable economic environment for growth and development. Banking system in Iraq is weak and needs a lot of reforms to serve the Iraqi economy, not to serve other countries.

The warning came during a visit of the Assistant Secretary of Treasury for the fight against the financing of terrorism, Marshall Billingsley , to Baghdad and his meeting with the three presidencies in the country, they were informed of the work to expel the Iranian banks (“Percian” and “Melli Iran”) and stop banking and monetary transaction with them, and the need to liquidate the Bank of Iraq, which is subject to US sanctions, against the background of the transfer of suspicious funds to the Lebanese Hezbollah.
Billingsley, when he met with the finance minister and the governor of the Iraqi central bank, they were told that the Iraqi funds “oil revenues” kept by the DFI Fund and transferred to Iraq each year worth 8 billion dollars in the form of cash that their value will be reduced to an unknown number. Information (especially for the Rawabet Center for Research and Strategic Studies)
Marshall Billingsley has provided Iraqi officials with a list of Iranian companies and banks that circumvent sanctions across Iraq and has warned that Iraq could be severely punished if it continues to provide safe havens for Iran’s banking activities and to overlook Iranian banks and companies with Iraqi fronts.

He stressed the need to develop the Iraqi banking sector and enhance the prospects for cooperation between Iraqi and US banks, and to carry out economic reforms through the activation of electronic systems in monetary exchange, and contribute to the development and revitalization of the infrastructure of the Iraqi economy.
In this context, Care must be taken in dealing with Iranian banks, which are working to exploit the hard currency in Iraq and turn it into Iran, and that monetary and banking transactions with banks which are subject to sanctions have a direct impact on the Iraqi economy.
The Iraqi economy since 2003 has not fully recovered after the sectarian incidents and the war against the organization ISIS and the liberation of Iraqi cities, as any tension or conflict will negatively affect the market and economy of Iraq, and the political situation in the Middle East is worrying and threatening economic and political security.
But Billingsley stressed that the developments in the political scene in the region and the measures taken by the United States to impose sanctions on the Islamic Republic of Iran are far from the bilateral relations between Iraq and America, especially in the fields of economy and finance. The agreement with Washington was to continue cooperation to protect the Iraqi economy and ensure its stability from any repercussions in the region.
Baghdad stressed its desire to resolve the outstanding problems by peaceful means, diplomacy, dialogue and negotiations, because any tension or conflict will affect negatively on all countries in the region, especially Iraq, and this will adversely affect the economy and the Iraqi market as it depends heavily on the import from the Iranian market, here we wonder when will the Iraqi economy rise (rich with resources and wealth ) and achieve economic independence and sustainable development at all economic levels and be independent and free and works for its own benefit first and not for the benefit of other countries.

Iranian banks wrap around the Iraqi economy to save itself :
The Iranian banks have been operating in Iraq for nearly ten years in the days of Maliki’s government in 2010 and are an important engine for trade between Iraq and Iran. They have branches in Baghdad, Najaf and Basra. They gave commercial and personal loans and provided banking services to Iraqi tourists, and most importantly are the Iranian branches : Persian and “Melli Iran” Bank.
In light of the bankruptcy faced by the branches of the Iranian banks in Iraq, “This requires urgent intervention by the Central Bank of Iraq, and comes the failure of work or bankruptcy because of US sanctions on Iran, and the difficulty of obtaining hard currency.” The orders were announced to the two banks, To implement the guardianship
Iran is exploiting the hard currency and is working on decisions that protect its interests only and are used and exploited and depleted the Iraqi economy, ie after the decline of Iranian exports to Iraq during the recent period, because of the difficulty of paying the value of exports in foreign currency and converted to Iran, in a new step decided the Central Bank of Iran to branches Iranian banks in Iraq to transfer the value of dues instead of cashiers, as the value of Iranian exports to Iraq during the past ten months about $ 7 billion and 515 million dollars.
The Iraqi-Iraqi Chamber of Commerce said that Iraqi importers had in the past paid foreign currencies to Iraqi bankers in order to turn them in to the Toman and pay the dues of exporters in Toman, while the Central Bank of Iran decided that the branches of Iranian banks in Iraq to replace the cashiers in such a process.
This means that the Iranian exporter can receive the dinar or dollar from the Iraqi importers and handed over to the branches of Iranian banks in Iraq, to receive Tuman instead of it at the price of discharge that day in Iran.
As the economic expert Abdul-Hassan al-Shammari stressed , that Iran is witty in the exploitation of the hard currency in Iraq, where it has been able to develop mechanisms to withdraw foreign exchange of Iraq and gave a very large interest rate exceeding 22%, as it benefit from hard currency to save its national currency, which deteriorated because of US sanctions.

The Iranian currency suffers from fluctuation and instability in price because of the economic embargo imposed on Tehran recently, these are all factors in Iran helped to attract foreign funds to deposit in its banks, conditions are easy and there is no complexity so that money can be deposited in the name of the owner of the money and not in the name of someone else , Iran benefits from this as it attracts the dollar and converts it to the Tuman, at the expense of the Iraqi economy and citizen.

Economic Studies Unit

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Burning wheat and barley farms foreign agendas seek to destroy the Iraqi national economy.

%D9%85%D8%B2%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%B9-%D8%AA%D8

Researcher Shatha Khalil

Malicious foreign parties want to destroy Iraq and its economy, not only sectarian fighting or gangs or militias, terrorism and drugs and finally burning crops.
Hundreds of agricultural fields have been exposed to large fires in the provinces of Diyala, Nineveh and Salah al-Din , they were more than 160 fires, some of them caused by a saboteur who is working for foreign agendas , these fires have been occurred in the Diyala, Salaheddin, Kirkuk and Nineveh governorates where the sectarian outlaw gangs and terrorist gangs of ISIS threaten and blackmail peasant people and then burning their farms and displacing them from their land.

The size of the fire in Diyala province was estimated at about 500 dunum of wheat and barley farms, and the fire of Nineveh governorate , noting the fires burned wide farms estimated at six kilometers long, ie hundreds of hectares of wheat and barley, days before the harvest season in different parts of Iraq.

The Ministry of Commerce issued a statement on the wheat field fires, accusing the terrorist organization of ISIS to stand behind them.
While the deputies and analysts accused the internal and external bodies to stand behind these fires to hit the national economy and prevent the achievement of self-sufficiency.

The deputy of Diyala province, Raad al-Dahlaki, said that “hidden hands seek to destroy Iraqi agriculture in an orderly and systematic manner . The phenomenon of burning of the fields in Diyala, and earlier the destruction of tomato crop in Basra, the death of fish, and other incidents in which those involved were not detected , requires attention “.
al-Dhlaki called on parliament to “include these incidents in its agenda, and to ask the concerned authorities to clarify the picture and explain the reasons and methods of treatment of these dangerous phenomena which is backed by dangerous agendas seeking to destroy the economy of the country.”

These fires are detrimental to the national agricultural economy and food security, especially as Iraqi wheat is experiencing a boom in production and marketing.

The MP Ahmed Jubouri stressed , “The series of burning fields continued by the parties trying to disrupt the economy in the province, and those operations are implemented in a planned manner in advance.”

Faiq al- Sheikh Ali said “Some complain about the burning of a mall in Najaf because of a dispute between thieves on scrap! Ok… Today, thousands of tons of wheat crop are burned in the land of Salahaddin! , and earlier ministries, institutions and departments! Have been burned, the series of fires will continue; why should not confess before the world and say: “We are a nation that enjoy on burning itself, destroying construction and reconstruction?”
The Iraqi Ministry of Commerce called the Ministry of Interior and the Joint Operations Command for “the movement to track down these terrorist groups, protect the security and property of the farmers and secure the fields”, expressing its refusal to “expose them to the extortion of terrorist gangs.”

The ministry stressed that the necessity of “the intervention of the Operations Command in Nineveh and the security forces under its leadership to prevent the recurrence of such criminal incidents that target the security of the Iraqi citizen food and the country”.

Observers have accused the terrorist militias to set fires because of the non-payment of royalties by the peasants. It is certain that the losses are large and the state is unable to stop them. The security forces will only analyze the incidents without doing an action to stop the chain of fires.

And to fight the farmer and fight the national economy of the country, targeting wheat fields coincided with the fires with official statements, in which the Iraqi government informed its citizens that the arrival of wheat production this year to self-sufficiency , this year’s agricultural situation is very good and the possibility of food security of wheat crop in Iraq will reach all provinces of Iraq and we may have to reduce or eliminate the importer. Iraq consumes about five million tons of wheat annually, which imports more than half of it worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Iraq is one of the largest importers of grain in the Middle East, which means the activity of agriculture in Iraq and achieve self-sufficiency in the production of wheat does not fit to many of the countries that want the economy of Iraq to remain a consumer, this is a clear evidence that fires were done by a deliberate act because it targeted farms in more than one Iraqi province by the hands of mercenaries, and those who have no conscience and to return to the import again . Thus , the suffering of this country is renewed because of the external interventions , and we do not rule out the problems and the Iranian crisis with the United States will cast a shadow over the Iraqi economy . Some activists pointed out that the finger was also directed to the factions backed by Iran in some areas where all fires are spread in favor of Iran.

Observers said that the fires forced Saladin residents, especially their farmers, to abandon it indirectly after eliminating their only source of income coming from agriculture.

Farmers in the eastern parts of Tikrit found a tool to burn wheat fields. The farmers, from the area of al-Alalam area, east of Tikrit, confirmed that unknown persons with experience in the manufacture of explosives placed remote controls, which cause a fire in the middle of the wheat fields to extend to the largest cultivated area.
Forcing farmers to set up night guard groups to secure wheat fields after a series of mysterious fires that destroyed vast areas, while farmers wonder about the absence of the role of the security forces.

And in the context of the destruction of the Iraqi economy, I would like to mention that the Iranian-backed militias working for Iran and the destruction of the Iraqi economy and looting it, have completely eliminated the manifestations of industrial life in the province, after the dismantling and looting of Baiji refinery, Iraq’s largest oil refineries, and the transfer of its equipment to Iran.

They also eliminated the manifestations of religious tourism in it , following the isolation of the shrine of the two Al-Askari imams completely inside the old city in Samarra, and prevented its residents from returning to it, in pursuit of the establishment of the religious province of Samarra and removed it from the province of Salah al-Din.

Translated by : mudhaffar al-kusairi

Economic Studies Unit

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The Arab Emergency Summit condemns Iranian behavior and Iraq opposes and warns of all-out war.

%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%82%D9%85%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9

The Arab summit on Thursday evening at the Safa Palace in Mecca under the chairmanship of King Salman bin Abdul Aziz with Arab leaders confirming their rejection to the Iranian threats. The Secretary-General of the Arab League, Ahmed Aboul Gheit said “that Iraq opposed the final statement, while Iraq reiterates its condemnation of any action that would target the security of the Kingdom and the security of our brothers in the Gulf”. “I would like to clarify that we did not participate in the drafting of the final statement and that Iraq records its objection to the final statement in its current wording “.
At the opening of the summit, Saudi King Salman bin Abdul Aziz called on Arab leaders to take a firm stance on Iran’s actions, which he considered “terrorist”. He stressed during his speech that “Iran is committing terrorist acts directly or through its agents to undermine Arab security,” pointing out that the failure to take a firm and deterrent position to confront the Iranian terrorist practices in the region made it persist to do it.
The King told the summit that the Palestinian issue “remains our primary cause until the Palestinian people get their stolen rights and establish an independent state with East Jerusalem as its capital in accordance with the relevant international resolutions and the Arab peace initiative.”
For his part, the Tunisian president Beji Caid Essebsi, chairman of the current session of the Smmit , condemned in a speech the targeting of safe cities in Saudi Arabia and vessels near the territorial waters of the Arabian Gulf, pointing out that it is unacceptable to drag the region into new chapters of tension.
Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi stressed that the attacks against Saudi Arabia and the UAE are terrorist attacks that call for international condemnation and represent an occasion to renew the debate on the effectiveness of joint Arab action.

Al-Sisi said that the Arab countries can not tolerate any regional party that threatens their security, stressing that these countries can not accept the presence of foreign occupation forces on the territory of two Arab countries.
The Jordanian King Abdullah II considered that the current Arab summit comes and the Arab countries in dire need to unify the positions, renewing the position of his country, which rejects any interference in the affairs of Arab countries and any threat to its security.
He stressed that the consolidation of stability in the region can not be achieved without a lasting and just solution to the Palestinian issue.
But Iraqi President Barham Salih said in a speech on the occasion that Iran is a neighboring country and must maintain its security, pointing out that Iraq will do its utmost to open the door to constructive dialogue and renounce violence.
Saleh also condemned any hostile action directed at the security of the Gulf States or any Arab or Islamic country, pointing out that “the security of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the UAE and the Gulf countries is the security of Iraq.”

For his part, the Emir of the State of Kuwait, Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, called for giving wisdom and resort to dialogue instead of confrontation and facing the escalation witnessed by the region.

This came in a speech by the Kuwaiti Emir, delivered at midnight on Thursday – Friday before the summit.
“We are deeply concerned and great apprehension that the escalation in our region and its grave consequences will add another wound to these wounds,” he said, calling for “containment of that escalation.”
He added: “We are required to face escalation, to initiate contact with the parties of the escalation to persuade them to resort to dialogue.”
He pointed out that “reasons and wrong practices (not specified) behind that escalation require action to correct the wrong paths in dealing the Iranian side with events and developments.”
He added “Our meeting (the Arab summit) comes under sensitive conditions and risks. The meeting reflects the awareness of the seriousness of the escalation and repercussions that threaten our security and stability, which requires us to examine ways to preserve them.”
He reiterated that “the Palestinian issue is the first central issue,” noting that “it is witnessing a decline in the level of world attention.”
In a speech to the summit, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas reiterated his country’s non- participation in the Manama Economic Workshop, to be held at the invitation of the US Administration, in Manama, Bahrain, at the end of June.
“Those who want to defend the interests of the Palestinian people must support the position of the Palestinian consensus,” he said.
He stressed , “The absolute rejection of American attempts to bring down international law and international legitimacy (the so-called deal of the century), including the principle of two states on the 1967 borders and East Jerusalem as the capital of the state of Palestine, and the replacement of the principle of land for peace.
The president praised “the decisions of the Arab summit in Tunis in March 2019 and the resolutions of the Arab summit in Dhahran in April 2018 (the Jerusalem summit), which confirmed its rejection of the decisions of the US administration regarding Jerusalem, refugees, borders, security and settlement”
“We do not accept any threat to Arab security and Palestinian security is part of the Arab national security,” he said.

The statement reads as follows:
“Final communiqué issued by the extraordinary session of the Council of the League of Arab States at the summit level”.
In response to the generous invitation from the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud to his brothers the leaders of the Arab countries to discuss the serious repercussions of the attack by the Houthi-backed terrorist organizations supported by Iran on two oil pumping stations in Saudi Arabia and the attack on commercial vessels in the territorial waters of the UAE United Arab Emirates.
In accordance with Article III of the Charter of the League of Arab States for the periodic convening of the Summit, the Council of the League of Arab States held an extraordinary session in the city of Mecca on 25 Ramadan 1440H (30 May 2019)., where the Arab leaders discussed these developments and their implications for Higher Arab Interests, and the deliberations concluded by emphasizing on the following positions:
1. Condemns the actions of the Iranian-backed terrorist Houthi militias by crossing via drones over the two oil pumping stations inside Saudi Arabia and the sabotage done against commercial vessels in the territorial waters of the United Arab Emirates.
2. Emphasize that the Arab States seek to restore security stability in the region and that the only true way is to respect all States in the region for the principles of good neighborly relations, to refrain from the use of force or threat to use it , and to interfere in the internal affairs of States and to violate their sovereignty; and the behavior of the Iranian Islamic republic in the region contradicts those principles and undermines the requirements of confidence and thus threatens the security and stability in the region , a direct and serious threat, stressing that the relations of cooperation with the Arab countries and the Islamic Republic of Iran must be based on the principle of good neighborliness and non-interference In the internal affairs of States and respect for its sovereignty.
3 – Emphasize the solidarity and unity of Arab countries with each other in the face of Iranian interference in its internal affairs, either directly or indirectly with the aim of destabilizing its security and stability and intensify the means of cooperation and coordination between them in the face of the risks that result from it.
4. Condemns the continued firing of Iranian-made ballistic missiles into Saudi Arabia from Yemeni territory by the Huthi militias of Iran, thus threatening the Arab national security and asserting Saudi Arabia’s right to defend its territory in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations and supporting its actions against those Attacks under international law.
5. Condemns continued Iranian support for the Houthi anti-government militias in Yemen.
6. Condemns and denies the continuing Iranian interference in the internal affairs of the Kingdom of Bahrain, supporting terrorism, training terrorists, smuggling weapons and explosives and inciting sectarian strife to destabilize security, order and stability.
7. To condemn the continued occupation by Iran of the three occupied islands of the United Arab Emirates and to support all peaceful measures taken by the United Arab Emirates to restore its sovereignty over its occupied islands.
8. Continuation of the restriction of satellite channels funded by Iran on Arab satellites.
9. Intensify the diplomatic efforts between the Arab countries and regional and international organizations to highlight Iran’s practices that endanger peace and security in the region, and call upon the international community to take a firm stand against Iran and its destabilizing activities in the region; and to stand firmly against any Iranian attempts to threaten the security of the energy, freedom and safety of naval installations in the Arabian Gulf and other waterways, whether carried out by Iran or through its arms in the region.
10. Rejecting the Iranian intervention in the Syrian crisis and its implications for Syria’s future, sovereignty, security, independence, national unity and territorial integrity, and that such intervention does not serve the efforts to settle the Syrian crisis according to the content of Geneva 1 and the relevant international resolutions. Regarding the Palestine issue, the Central Arab Cause, the summit affirmed its adherence to the resolutions of the 29th Arab Summit in Dhahran, the “Jerusalem Summit”, as well as the resolutions of the 30th Arab Summit in Tunis.
At the end of their meeting, the Arab leaders expressed their thanks and appreciation to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and the people of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for their warm reception and hospitality and for their excellent organization and preparation for the work of this summit.

Rawabet Center for Researches and Strategic Studies

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/31/2019 at 12:28 PM, Tuscanugee Hutgee said:

I believe Iran is the key.  There will not be an RV as long as the hostile regime in Iran remains in power.  The Iranians hold a tremendous amount of dinars; an RV would give them a full treasury to finance terrorism across the region. 

Thanks for your input TH,

You could be right, I believe  the US sanctions on Iran, gives Iraq an opportunity to free itself from Iranian hegemony over its economy.

Go RV sooner than later 

Go $1:1

• Upvote 2

Iraqi farms burn, heavy losses borne by citizens.

%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B2%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%

Shatha Khalil *
This year, Iraq is achieving the highest rate of cultivation of agricultural crops (wheat and barley) for tens of years, with 13 million dunums, 6 million dunums of which are in Nineveh (almost half), but fires of hatred, sedition and evil eat up what the Iraqis cultivate, where areas in Iraqi provinces are exposed to the fires that burned parts of the agricultural fields especially in Diyala, Nineveh and Saladin.
The greatest calamity here is that the farms were exposed to successive fires. The security measures of a civil defense and precautionary plans were not sufficient to protect, preserve and secure them.
In Nineveh province, there are only 53 firefighting vehicles, while 600 cars are needed, according to the rate needed by the cultivated area which is of 6 million dunums (about half the cultivated area in Iraq) .. horrible figures ….
According to the Directorate of Civil Defense in Nineveh says , according to international laws every million dunums needs 100 fire –fighting vehicles to cover the rate of fires expected each season, that means Nineveh province needs at least 600 fire engines to control fires.
Unfortunately, the Civil Defense Directorate has only 53 firefighting vehicles operating now (20 of which came from southern provinces for assistance).
What’s more, there are 80 cars out of service at the Civil Defense Directorate in Nineveh, 30 of which can be fixed for a total of only $ 200,000.
While the government needs 320 thousand dollars to import only one new car, more expensive than the price of repair and rehabilitation of 30 cars in the Directorate today.
Poor planning and management ” Crisis management ” is a serious indicator if this neglect continues by the local and central governments with the support the government departments, weakening the role of the state in controlling and organizing and thus destroying security and the economy that leads inevitably to the chaos.
An official at the Civil Defense Directorate adds: As fires continue at such a high rate almost every day, another car comes out of service.
Where the Directorate of Civil Defense announced the extinguishment of four fires for the wheat crop in the province of Nineveh, during the past 24 hours.

The Directorate said in a statement that the fires of plantations, wheat fields and herb fires that were extinguished by the men of Nineveh province are extinguishing a fire for the wheat crop in Sinjar by the men of the Talafar civil defense center and the supporting detachments . The fire broke out in wheat crops in al-Shababait village and was distinguished by civil defense center of Ras Al-Jaddah, and a fire for wheat was put out in Al-Hamdaniya district by Hamdaniyah Civil Defense Center.
A fire in wheat crops in Makhmour district was extinguished by members of the Makhmour Civil Defense Center and supporting detachments, the statement said

The High Commission for Human Rights (HCHR) has called on the Iraqi government represented by the Prime Minister and the President of the Republic and the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the Governor of Nineveh to redress matters and control the huge fires that consume thousands of dunums in the districts of Sinjar and Al-baaj quickly the speed noting that there are no fire engines enough to put out the fires.

To save and protect the fields and crops of Nineveh province , it is required to make urgent efforts to move fire engines from the center of the province and other provinces to control the fire and protect the wealth of Iraq and its people and those who eagerly waiting it for five years and protect the homes of citizens and vital installations in agricultural lands such as water and electricity projects and others.

The continuity of these dangerous fires threatens Iraq’s food security, the livelihoods of farmers, peasants , their families, their interests, their livelihoods, and even their homes.

This statistic for the burned area in all governorates from 8/5/2019 until 4/6/2019.
Baghdad, Karkh and Rusafa 50 dunums, Babel 85 dunums, Maysan 49 dunums, Wasit 227 dunums, Diwaniyah 5 dunums, Diyala 379 dunums, Muthanna 27 dunums, Salah al-Din 49.7 dunums. Kirkuk 3719 dunums.
Nineveh 11183 dunums , and Anbar was 99 dunums. The total number of affected governorates was 20730 dunums, heavy losses borne by the Iraqis,
The Iraqi Ministry of Agriculture confirmed that the causes of the fire are multiple, some of which were carried out by mobile phones programmed with lightning programs and when connected to it, it burns the land to be burned, pointing out that “the investigations of the causes of the fire did not indicate the existence of magnifying glasses reflective of the sun and there are occasional causes, whether electric contact or dispute or revenge, and there are farmers who burn the soil to prepare it for agriculture.
After the exposure of areas in the Iraqi provinces to the fire burned parts of its agricultural fields, especially in Diyala, Nineveh and Salahuddin, the government statements are varied and the result is one, a serious terrorist act of the agricultural sector threatening the lives and security of Iraqis.

Economic Studies Unit

• Upvote 2

Hello LB,  Hope all is well. We all have some interesting times ahead. Seems like a no confidence vote on Madhi is right around the corner. Abadi leaving the Dawa will satisfy sadr and is lined up to be the New PM. Personally I always thought Abadi a statesman. Not sure what his beef is with the Kurds but I believe Abadi to be the best shot to drag Iraq into the 21st century. My sights are still on December/ and January but hoping for sooner. Still stacking.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Hello @Woldopep

All is well, thanks for asking.

Interesting point of view, I thought the no confidence vote on Madhi was just rumors

also couple of days ago I saw an article where Abadi wants to be head of the Dawa Party 

The Kurds continue smuggling oil and no real commitment to finish HCL 

I see a good window of opportunity third quarter 2019 first quarter 2020

keep stacking 💵💵💵💵👍🏼🙂

Go RV sooner than later

Like you said my friend, interesting times ahead.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Artitech said:

I m praying we see the RV in July 2019! The news looks good for this window! Time is running short for me, to be able to witness a lot of hurting people helped! They will be helped, I just wanted to see it though!! JMHO!🔜

I know the feeling. Yes I want this to happen for me BUT there are so many people around me, both family and friends, that are in a world of hurt. So frustrating not being able to move this thing along.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/10/2019 at 5:47 AM, Artitech said:

I m praying we see the RV in July 2019! The news looks good for this window! Time is running short for me, to be able to witness a lot of hurting people helped! They will be helped, I just wanted to see it though!! JMHO!🔜

I hear you my friend, praying for this to happen sooner than later.

Its been a long wait.

Go RV sooner than later 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Following the course of the proxy war in Iraq

46cdb09f-0055-4a74-bf1f-e1f8e5748edc-300

With the escalation of tension in the region and in the context of the proxy war, it seems that Iran has chosen Iraq as a preferred arena to fight its conflict with the United States of America, and there are clear signs of this, two weeks ago a missile was fired at the US Embassy in Baghdad from 52nd Street near the University of Mustansiriya. And then one of the armed factions allied to Iran handed a threatening message to the Speaker of the Iraqi Council of Representatives to be sent to the concerned officials in the US administration. At dawn last Friday, the Balad base was targeted with four rockets. According to special information obtained by the Rawabet Center, three of these missiles landed at the center of the base while the fourth missile did not explode. Also fired from the Yathrib district in the province of Salah al-Din Katyusha rockets towards the base of “Balad.”
The group that fired the rockets may think it targets US interests in Iraq, it does not know that the base of “Balad” is an Iraqi military base and not an American, in this base there are IF 16 aircraft belonging to the powerful Iraqi Air Force, and the headquarters of American company Lockheed Martin, the largest military industry in the world and take the base of “Balad” as a HQ in Iraq. It also provides appropriate services to Iraqi military and technician experts in the military field. It also has American security companies and logistical support for the multinational “supply and transport” and oversees the” Balad” base, according to an Iraqi military commander.
The proxy war carried out by Iran’s allies against US interests in the region, “Abha airport, oil tankers” in Iraq and its allies continues, according to special information received by the Rawabet Center, on Saturday morning, at 7:00 am, a shell landed on the military side of Baghdad International Airport. The relevant side in the provision of logistical support and through the travel of some States of the Alliance. According to special information received by the Rawabet Center, Iraqi forces were able to discover a number of missile bases in the vicinity of Taji area between Baghdad and Samarra.
And to find out about these dangerious military and security developments in Iraq, and according to information obtained by the Rawabet Center,at 2 pm on Saturday, Matthew Tyler, the US ambassador to Iraq, contacted the Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi, the ambassador expressed his concern about these developments and its dangerous consequences for the US presence in the region and Iraq. . The Secretary of State for the US Foreign Affairs contacted Adel Abdul Mahdi, where the Foreign Minister expressed his full confidence to Adil Abdul Mahdi, in contrast, the Iraqi Prime Minister understood the concern of members of the US administration for these developments, and the Prime Minister stressed that he will initiate an immediate investigation to find out against the background of these attacks. And they tackled common issues and arrangements for the visit of Iraqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul Mahdi to the White House on July 15.
In a remarkable development in the context of the proxy war, according to special information received by the Rawabet Center, the United States renewed for the third time and without conditions extension of the exemption of Iraq for 120 days – for the first time extending the exemption for more than 90 days – of the sanctions imposed on Iran allows it the import of electricity and gas on which they rely so much, especially during the hot summer in the country. Exemption is vital for Iraq as temperatures this year are much higher than seasonal rates , increasing electricity consumption, fearing renewed protests against the lack of public services starting early in the summer.
Based on all of the above, the policy maker in Iran must realize that Iraq is its economic lung by which it breathes. thus the military and security actions done by its allies against American interests in Iraq have caused great embarrassment to Iraqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul Mahdi, and on the other hand it damages largely the Iraqi economy , the missiles fired on the base of “Balad” would have hit Iraqi fighters, even if they are American-made, but owned by the Iraqi Air Force, and the destruction of these fighters cost the Iraqi treasury a lot of money to buy another ones or re-maintenance , why is Iran’s policy maker tampering through its allies in Iraq’s security and economy ?.
Iran’s political decision-maker must realize that it is not for his country’s interest to stop the Iraqi economic lung, recovery of Iran’s economy, but rather its interest in continuing to work, but if that lung stops working, any artificial respiration of the Iranian economy will not compensate for that natural lung, it is in Iran’s interest to support Adil Abdul Mahdi, the Prime Minister of Iraq, and respects his choices and administration for Iraq’s internal and external affairs. It is like the last chance to advance Iraq, serving the Iraqi people internally in the first place as well as neighboring countries and the world as being an Iraqi national politician open for all serving his Iraqi people and because the last words of Marja formed a strong support for him .
But even more dangerous is the fact that a hardliner wing in Iran will not remain idle at a time when the Iranian economy is in a state of suffocation, and that suffocation will certainly damage military foreign activities, so its only option is military escalation against US interests in the region and Iraq, but the United States, with its vast military experience gained through the Agency’s wars against the Vietnamese in the 1960s and 1970s, has the experience of not being drawn into a war or military confrontation with which Iran’s allies have a prominent role, so US prefers the strict economic pressure option against Iran.

Iran and its hardliner wing must realize that the actions of their allies in Iraq and in the region, such as targeting oil tankers, reinforce the gains of the American position internationally, because the big powers refuse to affect the security of oil tankers and reject any threat to international navigation, and such acts will show Iran as a state that threatens the International peace and security.
Based on what is mentioned above, Iraq seeks with all the strength and wisdom exercised by Iraq’s Prime Minister Adil Abdul Mahdi to spare his country the scourge of the American-Iranian conflict. He is keen on his high patriotism that Iraq should not be the arena for conflict; he does not accept to be as a tool to attack or stifle Iran. , and does not accept that Iran will use its allies to attack American targets in Iraq.

The policy maker of Iran has to review its policy towards Iraq , perhaps this review has a positive outcome , and upon the review , he has to remember that it is not in Iran’s interest to use Iraq as a pressure card against Washington in the context of their regional environment. The question arises in this context: Why does Iran insist if it views Iraq as an ally on its loss? Iraq is a key pillar in supporting the Iranian economy while Iran provides financial and logistical support to its allies in the region. What is the wisdom of the loss of Iraq?!

Iraqi Studies Unit

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1