Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sterling Currency Fraud

fredst

Anyone else get this email?

Actually, it ‘feels’ a bit fishy to me. 

Date: March 5, 2019 at 4:13:19 PM EST
To: Undisclosed recipients:;
Subject: Sterling Currency Group; United States v. Tyson Rhame, et. al., 1:16-CR-67-SCJ-CMS

To whom it may concern:

The Federal Bureau of Investigation and Internal Revenue Service are investigating individuals associated with Sterling Currency Group involving the sale of Iraqi Dinar. 

On October 9, 2018, the defendants TYSON RHAME, JAMES SHAW, and FRANK BELL were convicted of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, mail fraud, and wire fraud. The defendants RHAME and BELL were also convicted of making false statements to federal agents. The defendants were acquitted of money laundering charges.

If you or a relative purchased Iraqi Dinar from Sterling Currency Group, the FBI encourages you to complete the victim questionnaire.  Please access the information page at
Please be advised this mailbox will not receive email correspondence.  You are encouraged to complete the questionnaire and you will be contacted if further information is needed.

Respectfully,
FBI Atlanta

• Thanks 1

It's legit, from the FBI. A previous version last summer stated if you felt you were a 'victim' of Sterling, then you should enter your information. I bought some from them at a legit price at the time, have the verification. There is nothing illegal about owning IQD. I bought some from other licensed vendors too. This is about Sterling, not the IQD. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, pwgr71 said:

Did Sterling sell any fake IQD? 

Not that I know of.  Perhaps I shouldn't have put it that way.

What I meant to say is this:

The government is saying the dinar is a scam.  (Personally, I do not believe this, or I wouldn't be here.)

If you feel you were scammed in any way by Sterling Currency, or feel you are a victim of their business, you may be able to get your money back by filling out the FBI form.

If you don't feel that the dinar is a scam and you are happy with your purchase, do nothing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jdprescott said:

I started to fill this out then went, no way.  Why would I want them to have my info.  I am happy with my purchase, they don't need to know I purchased dinar.  The less they know the better.  

Why would you start to fill out the form if you're happy with your purchase?

They only want to hear from the people who were scammed out of their money, such as those who bought "reserves".

How many ways can I say this so that people understand?

If you're happy with your purchase, do nothing.

If you were scammed out of your money, you might want to fill out the form and get your money back.

If you don't care about getting your money back, do nothing.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Floridian said:

The government is saying the dinar is a scam.  (Personally, I do not believe this, or I wouldn't be here.)

If you feel you were scammed in any way by Sterling Currency, or feel you are a victim of their business, you may be able to get your money back by filling out the FBI form.

If you don't feel that the dinar is a scam and you are happy with your purchase, do nothing.

There have been a number of “scam” articles floating around the internet... Read into them what you will I say ...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NoviceInvestor said:

There have been a number of “scam” articles floating around the internet... Read into them what you will I say ...

Oh boy!

Novice Investor, I guarantee the letter I got was from the FBI and also what was posted here.

This is not a scam article from the internet.  It is legitimate.

They are trying to return the money to "victims" who were scammed.  

You must be one of the lucky ones who didn't buy anything from Sterling Currency, formerly Dinar Banker. 

11 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Oh boy!

Novice Investor, I guarantee the letter I got was from the FBI and also what was posted here.

This is not a scam article from the internet.  It is legitimate.

They are trying to return the money to "victims" who were scammed.  

You must be one of the lucky ones who didn't buy anything from Sterling Currency, formerly Dinar Banker. 

Correct Floridian, I did not buy from Sterling Currency, I bought mine almost 11 years ago in Australia. However up until a few months back the trader I and many others bought from was openly contactable by phone and  mail but the last emails  I have sent to both addresses I had have been returned .. Phone number no longer available also.

Also I have read many articles online about scams etc..

Edited by NoviceInvestor
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

However up until a few months back the trader I and many others bought from was openly contactable by phone and  mail but the last emails  I have sent to both addresses I had have been returned .. Phone number no longer available also.

Sorry to hear that, NoviceInvestor.

Maybe you need to check if your currency is legit.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Floridian said:

@Fredst, if you bought reserves or got currency that was fake, fill it out.  You may be able to get back the money you lost.  There's another thread on this started by Freedomwish.

Yup :cheesehead:

2 hours ago, jdprescott said:

I started to fill this out then went, no way.  Why would I want them to have my info.  I am happy with my purchase, they don't need to know I purchased dinar.  The less they know the better.  

Yup :cheesehead:

3 hours ago, Floridian said:

And, yup :cheesehead:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Floridian said:

Why would you start to fill out the form if you're happy with your purchase?

They only want to hear from the people who were scammed out of their money, such as those who bought "reserves".

How many ways can I say this so that people understand?

If you're happy with your purchase, do nothing.

If you were scammed out of your money, you might want to fill out the form and get your money back.

If you don't care about getting your money back, do nothing.

I guess I hadn't read the thread completely, before I completed the form I went back and read it again.  That is why.  Sorry

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FROSTYJACK said:

I believe these guys got in trouble for making unsubstantiated claims. They were claiming 1000% profit  guaranteed. And interstate wire transfers.  I think it was more in the way that they marketed the dinar rather than the legitimacy of the product itself. 

No, they hired Terry K to push dinar on conference calls and dinar sites.  He said he had inside information that the dinar would revalue shortly (ala Guru), enabling Dinar Banker/Sterling Currency to sell lots of reserves.

And probably there was other stuff they did, but I believe that to be the main charge - defrauding people.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

Yes .. that thought has crossed my mind...  I have a receipt and a “certificate” ? of authenticity???? 

Certificate of Authenticity doesn't mean anything.  I have them too.

Get a blue light (flashlight) and check on the internet how to tell if your dinar is authentic.

There are marking you should look for and some things that only show up with a "blue light".

There were some sites awhile back that showed what to look for.

I checked all of mine.  Check yours, this way you have "peace of mind".

• Upvote 2

OK I'm not a lawyer (disclaimer) but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express. With that being said, let me encourage everyone in a panic to step away from the ledge. If you followed the Sterling court case (and you can find details on the internet quite easily) then you know the charges against them are about how they handled their 'layaways' and 'reserves'. And what they did with their proceeds. Go to the CBI website and research about the anti-counterfeit measures on the IQD bills. The folks selling in the US were licensed by the UST and there were many hoops to jump through allowing them to run this as a business. The questionnaire is aimed at those who, for some reason, paid on layaway or reserve program and never got anything. It clearly states on the FBI website.....'victim'. As others state, if you paid and received what you paid for, then you're not a victim. Yes, this has given the IQD sales a black eye. But doesn't mean that IQD bought from other outlets is counterfeit. Breathe.

Maybe Adam will weigh in on this. OK I'm off my soapbox. :twothumbs:

Related image

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Happy Man said:

Was Dinar Trade part of that group?

and if so does it mean that my IQD are conterfited somehow?

No, the business was Dinar Banker which later became Sterling Currency.

Everyone should check over all the Dinar they purchased just to reassure themselves that their Dinar is genuine.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, King Bean said:

OK I'm not a lawyer (disclaimer) but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express. With that being said, let me encourage everyone in a panic to step away from the ledge. If you followed the Sterling court case (and you can find details on the internet quite easily) then you know the charges against them are about how they handled their 'layaways' and 'reserves'. And what they did with their proceeds. Go to the CBI website and research about the anti-counterfeit measures on the IQD bills. The folks selling in the US were licensed by the UST and there were many hoops to jump through allowing them to run this as a business. The questionnaire is aimed at those who, for some reason, paid on layaway or reserve program and never got anything. It clearly states on the FBI website.....'victim'. As others state, if you paid and received what you paid for, then you're not a victim. Yes, this has given the IQD sales a black eye. But doesn't mean that IQD bought from other outlets is counterfeit. Breathe.

Maybe Adam will weigh in on this. OK I'm off my soapbox. :twothumbs:

Related image

I personally know people who bought their Dinar on Ebay, not from dealers with UST licenses.  Also, what about people who buy Dinar from each other on Dinar sites?  

I'll say it again - Everyone should check their Dinar to see if it's the real thing, as you also suggested above.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Happy Man said:

Was Dinar Trade part of that group?

and if so does it mean that my IQD are conterfited somehow?

Dinar Trade was owned by Ali Agha AND sold to xchangeofamerica, Happy Man, AND The Very Best Of The Rest Of Your Week To You!!! :tiphat:

I have Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar I purchased from Dinar Trade owned at the time by Ali Agha in the 25,000 Denomination. It is the 2003 series. These have a slight "aroma" to them since the ink was made with Ox Blood. This may be another distinguishing fearture to check at least on the 2003 Series 25,000 Denominations.

I have NO concerns about the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar I purchased from Dinar Trade.

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Certificate of Authenticity doesn't mean anything.  I have them too.

Get a blue light (flashlight) and check on the internet how to tell if your dinar is authentic.

There are marking you should look for and some things that only show up with a "blue light".

There were some sites awhile back that showed what to look for.

I checked all of mine.  Check yours, this way you have "peace of mind".

Thanks Floridian I will do 😊

• Upvote 1