Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I just got an email from the "FBI"...

Freedomwish

17 minutes ago, new york kevin said:

No I am not Floridian. The Sterling Wire Fraud Case is over and done with. The dudes are in jail. They have fines and court costs to pay. Anyone who wants to attempt to recover money from them is an unsecured debtor at best. They will file BK 7 on all named and un-named debtors and be held unresponsible for any current and future unsecured debt should their BK 7 case be approved. If the Feds were interested in discovering any victims of these guys crimes it all would have been done prior to trial and conviction. So there must be a reason why the FBI is sending out such letters now. If you bought IQD on their margin the money and dinar are lost forever at this point because you didn't pay the full market price for them in the window of opportunity they gave (if memory serves me correctly). Some.are destined to suffer the same fate as those who sent folks their physical dinar inorder to cash in on the $4.89 per rate when the IQD RV'd inside Iraq only. If I were one such fellow, which I am not, I would find the blessing in the rough lesson learned. Slap 2G's on a credit card and buy me some from ... Safedinar . No sense in beating yourself up over the thing anymore.         The only scary part is the sound of truth in my tongue and cheek responses above. 

You are woefully misinformed.  I would not be posting what you posted above.

They are not in jail yet.  The Dept. of Justice keeps me well informed as to what's going on:

As of March 5th:

"A pretrial motion(s) hearing has been scheduled for April 15, 2019, 10:00 AM at Richard B. Russell Federal Building and Courthouse, Courtroom 1907, 75 Spring St. SW, Atlanta, GA 30303 for defendant(s) FRANK BELL, TYSON RHAME, JAMES SHAW before Judge Steve Jones.  The purpose of this hearing is to clarify any outstanding issues prior to trial."

"A post-trial hearing has been scheduled before Judge Steve Jones for April 15, 2019, 10:00 AM at Richard B. Russell Federal Building and Courthouse, Courtroom 1907, 75 Spring St. SW, Atlanta, GA 30303 for defendant(s) FRANK BELL, TYSON RHAME, JAMES SHAW. The purpose of the hearing is to clarify any legal issues raised after the trial."

"Through the Victim Notification System (VNS) we will continue to provide you with updated scheduling and event information as the case proceeds through the criminal justice system."

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Floridian said:

You are scaring people who have been defrauded, out of possibly getting their money back.

Why would anyone who is a VICTIM of fraud want to lie to the FBI?

If, as in your example, someone has 2 million dinar but wants to get away with only paying taxes on 1 million, and doesn't set up a "tax avoidance" system - well then, THAT person would be a fool to even think of lying to the FBI.  

However, if people do the right thing, why shouldn't they try to get back the money that was illegally taken from them?

Insurance money for one! It happens all the time! Victim might see another angle on how to get more money back, I’ve seen cases where people will turn in over inflated repair bills mail them to insurance companies, they cannot get a conviction on insurance fraud but they get them on mail fraud, they go corner the guy that gave you the over inflated bill give him immunity and they get that person for mail fraud remember the police can lie to you but you cannot lie to them! Remember don’t fail the attitude test when you speak to an Officer!!! Might not work out to well for you! JMHO! Case closed!

8 minutes ago, Artitech said:

Insurance money for one! It happens all the time! Victim might see another angle on how to get more money back, I’ve seen cases where people will turn in over inflated repair bills mail them to insurance companies, they cannot get a conviction on insurance fraud but they get them on mail fraud, they go corner the guy that gave you the over inflated bill give him immunity and they get that person for mail fraud remember the police can lie to you but you cannot lie to them! Remember don’t fail the attitude test when you speak to an Officer!!! Might not work out to well for you! JMHO! Case closed!

Insurance money?  You're getting off track here.  We're talking about getting money spent on so-called "reserves" back from the Dinar Dealer.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Freedomwish said:

Hi all, (I've sobered up a bit lol) Hey, many thanks for your posts and thoughts on this.  I didn't felt like I was scammed, I knew what I was getting into and understood the risks.  My general thought had always been, I feel that the FBI or any other government sources (linked to the I.R.S.) always have something else going on behind the scenes and I just didn't want to get caught out there when this baby pops.  However if those who felt that they didn't get their money's worth especially going with any of their "lay-a-way" type plans before the shut down, perhaps should give it a try reaching out to see if you can get your money back however you believe you can.

Oh thanks for the jokes and laughs, I definitely needed those too! :cheesehead:

If you got the email from the FBI, don't you think they already have all your information from Sterling Currency files?  😂😂😂

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Insurance money?  You're getting off track here.  We're talking about getting money spent on so-called "reserves" back from the Dinar Dealer.

You ask why a victim would lie this an example of why! I also thought the case had be adjudicated on sterling! I only know what I read about it! I don’t have a dog in this, this just my personal opinion! Regarding this matter! Case closed!

Just now, Artitech said:

You ask why a victim would lie this an example of why! I also thought the case had be adjudicated on sterling! I only know what I read about it! I don’t have a dog in this, this just my personal opinion! Regarding this matter! Case closed!

Glad you're not posting on this anymore since you don't have a dog in the race. 😁

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Floridian said:

You are woefully misinformed.  I would not be posting what you posted above.

They are not in jail yet.  The Dept. of Justice keeps me well informed as to what's going on:

As of March 5th:

"A pretrial motion(s) hearing has been scheduled for April 15, 2019, 10:00 AM at Richard B. Russell Federal Building and Courthouse, Courtroom 1907, 75 Spring St. SW, Atlanta, GA 30303 for defendant(s) FRANK BELL, TYSON RHAME, JAMES SHAW before Judge Steve Jones.  The purpose of this hearing is to clarify any outstanding issues prior to trial."

"A post-trial hearing has been scheduled before Judge Steve Jones for April 15, 2019, 10:00 AM at Richard B. Russell Federal Building and Courthouse, Courtroom 1907, 75 Spring St. SW, Atlanta, GA 30303 for defendant(s) FRANK BELL, TYSON RHAME, JAMES SHAW. The purpose of the hearing is to clarify any legal issues raised after the trial."

"Through the Victim Notification System (VNS) we will continue to provide you with updated scheduling and event information as the case proceeds through the criminal justice system."

Jail? This notice is about "pretrial."

"The purpose of this hearing is to clarify any outstanding issues prior to trial."

I'm not an attorney but that is what it looks like to me.

1 hour ago, Floridian said:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Floridian said:

If you got the email from the FBI, don't you think they already have all your information from Sterling Currency files?  😂😂😂

Yeah, but I gave all my dinars away.....I don't "own" any (wink, wink and a drink😉😉:cheesehead:)

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

On 3/6/2019 at 5:23 PM, DinarThug said:

All’s Good With Base-Bali Spring Training In Full Swing And Lots Of Snowbirds In Town Soaking Up The Sun And Margaritas ! :cheesehead:

PS - I’ve Still Got Italy On My Bucket List Of Places To Visit - And Not Only Just Because It’s The Home Of Our Favorite Italian DJ ...

:D  :D  :D 

Thanks, DT.......Hey...If you ever happen to be around my area, just drop me a line and we can meet....My pleasure & honor.....

• Haha 2

You are here

Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
Northern District of Georgia

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Owners of currency exchange business that made $600 million convicted of fraud

ATLANTA – The co-owners and chief operating officer of one of the largest Iraqi dinar exchangers in the United States were convicted by a federal jury following a five-week trial.  Tyson Rhame, James Shaw, and Frank Bell were each convicted of mail and wire fraud conspiracy, as well as multiple counts of mail and wire fraud.  Rhame and Bell were also convicted of making false statements to federal law enforcement agents. 

“These executives engaged in a lengthy campaign to defraud investors by spreading lies about the investment potential of the Iraqi dinar,” said Acting U.S. Attorney Kurt R. Erskine. “These convictions resulted from years of investigation, which included dozens of electronic and physical search warrants, hundreds of witness interviews, and extensive financial analysis.”

“The conviction of these three defendants is the result of an extensive effort by the government to protect investors from those who make unsubstantiated claims about the potential revaluation of a foreign currency,” said Chris Hacker, Special Agent in Charge of FBI Atlanta. “Their greed led them to steal the hopes of unsuspecting investors and ultimately led them to their demise. The FBI and its partners make it a priority to root out and punish anyone who preys on investors for their own selfish desires.”

“This was a trial about fraudulent inducements, conspiracy, investment fraud and outright greed,” said Thomas J. Holloman, Special Agent in Charge, IRS-Criminal Investigation.  “Rhame, Shaw, and Bell saw an opportunity to build their personal net worth and business position in the currency market by seizing on investors’ desire for high returns on their investments. At the end of the trial, the jury agreed with the government and found the Sterling Currency Group co-owners and chief operating officer guilty of the conspiracy and the underlying frauds.   Despite the challenges these complex cases present, IRS-CI is committed to working with our partners at the FBI, and the U.S. Attorney’s Office to show white-collar fraud is still an investigative priority.”

According to Acting U.S Attorney Erskine, the charges, and other information presented in court: Rhame and Shaw owned and operated the Sterling Currency Group, which was once one of the country’s largest sellers of the Iraqi dinar.  Bell was Sterling’s chief operating officer.  Between 2010 and June 2015, Sterling grossed over $600 million in revenue from the sale of the Iraqi dinar and other currencies, while Rhame and Shaw received over $180 million in distributions. 

The evidence at trial established that the defendants took steps to make investors believe they would get rich by investing in the Iraqi dinar.  At one point, Rhame posted information on Sterling’s website falsely suggesting that the dinar was about to revalue.  At other times, Rhame and Bell falsely claimed that Sterling would cash out investors at airports around the country following a dinar “revaluation.”  The defendants also paid substantial sums of money to third parties who in turn spread false information about the dinar on conference calls and Internet chat rooms. 

Tyson Rhame, 53, and James Shaw, 55, both of Atlanta, Georgia, and Frank Bell, 55, of Decatur, Georgia, were convicted of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and multiple mail and wire fraud counts. Rhame and Bell were also convicted of making false statements to federal agents regarding Sterling’s operations.  The jury acquitted the defendants of money laundering charges.  A fourth defendant, Terrence Keller, was acquitted of all charges at trial. 

This case is being investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation.

Assistant U.S. Attorneys Thomas J. Krepp, Alison B. Prout, and Kamal Ghali, Deputy Chief of the Cyber and Intellectual Property Crime Section are prosecuting the case.  Assistant U.S. Attorneys Kelly K. Connors and Dahil D. Goss are handling the parallel civil forfeiture actions related to this case. 

For further information please contact the U.S. Attorney’s Public Affairs Office at USAGAN.PressEmails@usdoj.gov or (404) 581-6016.  The Internet address for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Georgia is http://www.justice.gov/usao-ndga.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

Good morning DV,

Thugs, thanks again for the laugh!

Now then...years ago (a decade actually)  I got as suckered into signing up with a Wall Street group that supposedly had a special tabular rate of success picking stocks.....24 hours after signing up, I re-considered and demanded my money back, which I actually received thanks in part to Bank Of America (which is one of the very few benefits I recall banking with them...)

A year or two later, I received an email from the FBI that seems similar to the one mentioned by above. The email contained information letting me know the outcome of a federal case involving a white CV kollar criminal. I was fortunate and didn't lose a dime but I'm sure others weren't as fortunate. My guess is that this is basic protocol for the agency, which isn't a bad thing at all. I am pretty certain there were a couple of ed mails in a short perio6of y i'mne, so f ok not be surprised if there's another on th he way.

The way to e certain is to look up the case detail and search by party name in federal or state court. Something should show up....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2019 at 9:09 PM, DinarThug said:

Is This The Same FBI That Was Headed By Comey And McCabe When The Whole Sterling Investigation Started ? :o 

funny-wifi-fbi-survelience-van.jpg

On 3/8/2019 at 9:00 PM, Butifldrm said:

Owners of currency exchange business that made $600 million convicted of fraud A fourth defendant, Terrence Keller, was acquitted of all charges at trial.

First They Let Hi!lary Skate - And Then They Let That Lying Scumbag TerryK Walk Away After Pocketing Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars ! <_< 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1