Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Sign in to follow this  
ronscarpa

Friday Midnight Guru Opinions - 1 March 2019

3-1-2019   Newshound/Intel Guru Randy Koonce   Ladies and Gentlemen of Dinar-Land. Please put your tray tables in the upright position, and make sure your seat belts are fastened. It truly looks like we are on the final approach and that our very long ride is about to come to an end. I hope you have given much thought to, and made very wise plans as you exit the ride.  As you all are aware of, this Iraqi dinar revaluation has taken many unexpected and unplanned twists and turns. Barring another new unforeseen bump, we are looking at March to be our final month of waiting for this to happen...(post 1 of 2)...

3-1-2019   Newshound/Intel Guru Randy Koonce    Based on the information I have been able to get, we could see it as soon as this weekend, but hopefully no later than the 3rd week in March. That is our latest, and hopefully the last window. For some of you the tax consequences will be significant. Pay your taxes, but also be wise in the speed and manner in which you exchange...Take your time. Be deliberate and intentional. Be smarter than you’ve ever been in your life. There will never be another opportunity of this magnitude in our lifetimes. ...ALSO this is very political so as I am very confident something can come up and delay. So do not quick breathing...We are close.. Every large bank will exchange... RELAX the RV is coming...Breathe...Check...CBI...every day to see if it has changed...(post 2 of 2)... 

3-1-2019  Guest Guru BobTheTaxMan  …And is it really worth cashing in all this dinar and ending up with this huge amount of capital and finding yourself under the gun scope of the IRS.  If you have an exorbitant amount of income that show up, I mean a great big chunk, you can justify it, that’s not the problem at all, but I promise you if they audit you and you have not paid your taxes on it they are going to hit you with penalties and interests And it’s going to be huge.  Just be aware.  If you take a lot out and your tax returns jump way up high you might set yourself up for an audit.  Plan on it.  It’s going to happen.  THREE:  One of the amazing blessing that’s come from 2018 to 2019 taxes is the simple fact that in the past Schedule A  which is where you put your itemized deductions and report your charitable contributions had limitations on it...(Post 6 of 8)...(See Wednesday 1-4, Thursday 5) 

3-1-2019   Intel Guru MarkZ  &  Intel Guru RayRen98  &  Intel Guru Bruce - DELETED as trash rumors too UNREALISTIC to even post here...RON :salute:... maybe someone will have the courage to post in Rumors, but not me... :salute:

3-1-2019   Intel Guru Footforward   There has been no RV or RI in Iraq yet. When it goes, it will be world wide. Not just in Iraq...! 

Edited by ronscarpa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

Holy moley….Breitling is saying no more 3 Buck rv.

3-2-2019  Newshound Guru Breitling   My definition and idea of what to look for and how much to cash in is completely changed.  I never would have imagined with all the regulations and everybody so anti-fossil fuel the world is flooding with fossil fuels…but it’s completely flipped.  What I’m saying is whatever the dinar comes in at just pull the trigger.  It’s not going to get to $3.22.  I know what Iraq said.  I know what they said their intent was, but there is no way they could have imagined what the United States is doing today…we’ve become self-sufficient but we’ve started selling fossil fuels [too]. 

3-2-2019  Newshound Guru Breitling   …this is what Iraq stated they wanted to do.  They wanted to get to a dollar.  and then they wanted to reengineer their economy and get the dinar to $3.22…they told everybody…the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Planning, the CBI, the Parliament of Iraq all agreed and stated this is our goal, this is what we want to do…I don’t see that any more…people always ask me what’s the cash in?  What should I do?  Should I cash in just a little bit…?  I’m not kidding.  I do not see a path to $3.22.  

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

@Botzwana Yep, Breitling kind of shocked me, too.  He and Bob also said to exchange all your dinar at the time of RV, which is what Kim Clement said to do years ago.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

@Botzwana Yep, Breitling kind of shocked me, too.  He and Bob also said to exchange all your dinar at the time of RV, which is what Kim Clement said to do years ago.

A Buck would do me just fine.  I am making 9% interest right here in Mexico that I already retired in June of 2018.  WE just put the ole homestead up for sale or rent.  With that income, I Will be in high cotton.  With an RV, I could do my dream house here easy.  Just one Buck.  Come on!

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

A Buck would do me just fine.  I am making 9% interest right here in Mexico that I already retired in June of 2018.  WE just put the ole homestead up for sale or rent.  With that income, I Will be in high cotton.  With an RV, I could do my dream house here easy.  Just one Buck.  Come on!

May I enquire how you are getting 9%. Always looking for a good place to park some dough. thanks

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GameChanger said:

May I enquire how you are getting 9%. Always looking for a good place to park some dough. thanks

Actinver in Mexico.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Botzwana said:

I would simply like it to RV.. and anything from .10 cents upwards would do me ..

Edited by NoviceInvestor
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ronscarpa
      7-16-2019    Newshound Guru Enorrste    Haven't had anything to say for a while but now we're getting close so let's get into it....[Article the Central Bank of Iraq on Thursday announced the foreign reserves rose to a total of 72 Billion dollars in the first half of 2019]...how did they raise their reserves when the government was in a deficit situation?  ...they managed to expand investment throughout the country.  Thus reducing somewhat their dependence on oil.  This means dollar investment has in fact been coming in the country despite the fact that the dinar is not yet convertible on the international market...this is extremely good.  Why..? ...once the investors get a foothold in Iraq they will come in droves to make money...with the hopes...that they will be able to get their profits out the country in short order.  This means there are now people willing to put their money where their mouth is...(Post 1 of 2)...

7-16-2019   Newshound Guru Enorrste   ...They are not just hoping for a floating dinar, they are counting on it.  The fact that the CBI has managed to raise its reserves is a clear indication that the float is imminent.  Only with a strong currency can they take the risk of moving to a float.  With 71 Billion in reserves they have about 175% coverage of their entire money supply in hard currency...Thus the dinar is one of the strongest currencies in the world despite its current low value.  As the float begins the they will see the value of the dinar begin to rise.  As it rises they will reduce the money supply with the goal of getting it down to 40 Billion dinar rather than 40 trillion dinar.  Thus at one dollar per dinar (this is after the float has occurred) the CBI will still have 175% coverage of their money, meaning the dinar could easily get back to the $3.50 per dinar range which is their ultimate goal...(Post 2 of 2)... 

7-16-2019   Newshound Guru Kaperoni    ...We're all about the facts, truth and learning the process and fundamentals of how monetary policy works and how it interacts with transitional economies.  There is no arbitrary revaluation or reinstatement.  The terms the gurus like to use RV or RI is all nonsense.  That is not how monetary policy works...The CBI will follow strict rules.  They will follow processes as well as rules and processes from the International Monetary Fund (IMF).  They use this information to design monetary policies to combat the effects of a growing economy.  These are proven policies and techniques used by other central banks all around the world...there have been a lot of things that are eye popping.  There has been a lot of progress over the last few months...

7-16-2019   Newshound Guru Whitelions  I think we are finely close enough to smell the roses - for the first time in years they have gotten their poo together...

• By ronscarpa
      7-15-2019   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   [via Baxter]    ...the Article 4 consultation report... is to be released yet this Month...and that should tell us more about where Iraq is at this point.

7-15-2019   Intel/Newshound Guru sandyf   ...If we are to gain from this venture then it is not going to come from anything Iraq does.    How can people talk about Dinar and Dong in the same breath and then think the answer lies with 3 zeros. Hopefully by the time Iraq ever gets around to deleting the zeros, all thoughts of Iraq will be well and truly in the rear view mirror.

• By ronscarpa
      7-14-2019   Newshound Guru Don961   Article:  "Paying with plastic? Iraqis weigh pros and cons" Quote:  "In Iraq's cash-driven economy, the Communications Ministry and head of the Central of Bank are getting input on a mechanism that would allow banks and shops to further facilitate the use of debit and credit cards."   ...this is where the rubber (er...currency) hits the road...in the marketplace... cool article...dump the rippy old notes with all those zeroes... replace them with new polymer ones that don't deteriorate as quickly...and give them a value so small change can be made without an issue... give 'em sum coins for the Fil jar to save for a rainy day ... 

7-14-2019   Intel/Newshound Guru sandyf   ...Govt does not Drop the zeros...CBI does...Central banks have a limited role in the management of a currency. Changes to the monetary unit or major changes to the currency require government approval.  Deletion of the 3 zeros in Iraq will affect the monetary unit and as such will require a Bill to pass through parliament, it's not going to happen any time soon..!

• By ronscarpa
      7-13-2019   Intel Guru Delta   [Q? : I believe you have recently stated that they have ALREADY lifted the 3 zeros in country...Can you please clarify this for me?]    IT'S ALL DONE...   MAYBE IT'S SOMETHING OR NOTHING BUT...NO RATE UPDATE SINCE WED ON CBI...

7-13-2019   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   [Q? : 77% of the world's transaction revenue touches an SAP system! They are HUGE!  They...wouldn't set up shop in Iraq for fun..! ...They have seen the potential & want to get in on the ground floo..r!]   Yes..!  It's a big deal they are now in Iraq...

7-13-2019   Intel Guru Delta   [Q? : What if the central bank stopped selling the dollar?]  Article quote: "It may be necessary to resort to other mechanisms that are quite different from what is currently being used."  WHAT'S NEXT?  ...DETERMINE THE PRICE GLOBALLY...!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        That's all folks....Be Blessed..!  RON 
    • By ronscarpa
      7-12-2019   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat   "MONETARY RESERVES WITH THE CENTRAL BANK OF IRAQ: CRISIS AFTER CRISIS"    This article is nothing more than the CBI tooting its own whistle again. al-Allaq knows his days are over in the CBI and he is going to be replaced. He is the third generation proxy governor appointed by the Nori al-Maliki days of takeover in 2012. He does not have the expertise to handle the complexities and corruption of the CBI. He is going to be replaced shortly. A new candidate has been already chosen.

7-12-2019   Intel Guru Delta   MONDAY IS A HOLIDAY IN IRAQ SO CBI HAD 2 AUCTIONS BUT IT WAS STRANGE THAT FOR SUNDAY THE VOLUME  WAS 0  AND THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME I SEE THIS PATTERN...BUT FOR MONDAY THE VOLUME  IS REGULAR NUMBERS...BANKS SUBMIT THEIR  REQUEST FOR AUCTIONS IN ADVANCED SO WHAT DID THEY KNOW...CBI WILL SEND MEMO 24 HURS IN ADVANCED TO BANKS BEFORE RATE CHANGE...

7-12-2019   Intel Guru DELTA    Article quote:  "The file of the "auction of hard currency" in Iraq to the forefront after the comments of deputies in parliament, demanding the Prime Minister and the Supreme Judicial Council and the public prosecution in the country, put an end to the massive corruption carried out through the auction of hard currency organized by the Central Bank of Iraq every day."  MASSACRE OF THE DOLLAR IN IRAQ...OFFICIAL MOVEMENT AGAINST FRAUD AT THE CBI AUCTION.

Have a great weekend everyone...RON

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.