Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I wonder what the Parents of Otto Warmbier think about their President today!

12 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

While I'm on a bit of a roll let me ask this.....as a parent....even of a kid legally of age to do so.....would you advise your kid to visit NOKO....or even permit them to do so....?......especially if you knew your kid was somewhat rebellious, perhaps entitled and impulsive?

This kid went into this 3rd World shithole country....and abused their flag......did he think it was a joke?......

In no way did he deserve what happened.....it wouldn't have happened if he had never visited!  As parents we can do better by our kids.....all through their entire lives!.......JMO....CL

Exactly... He was a guest... In an extremely hostile country I would suggest you be on your best behavior. Was he out of line? I guess so in a country like North Korea. Should he have been there? I would say no. Did he deserve the harsh punishment? Not by our standards.

Much like the couple who wondered into Iran and then cried because they were arrested and treated badly... There is a reason we have sanctions and no visitation to certain countries... Maybe these self-entitled doofuses should pay attention and stop thinking they are above everything because they are American, or that it is their job to spread their religious beliefs. There are places where those birds don't fly.

B/A

• Thanks 3

Bullseye BA, while I feel bad for the family and the young man who lost his life, if the US tells us NOT to visit a certain country or countries, it would be extremely prudent to listen. There is a reason for the warning. That being said, I guess our Prez was craving the taste of shoe leather, so he stuck his foot in his mouth again. It's hard to watch. He has done so many good things for our country in just 2 years. If he would just keep his pie hole shut he would be unbeatable.:twocents:

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjL5M-pm-PgAhUEgHMKHV_fBt4QzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fcommentisfree%2F2017%2Fjun%2F21%2Fotto-wambier-fate-north-korea-tour-company-pyongyang&psig=AOvVaw39W_kjVknScjJ3FHobA0Vj&ust=1551607721062692

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiOyefnnePgAhWO4YUKHc7cBYgQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gq.com%2Fstory%2Fotto-warmbier-north-korea-american-hostage-true-story&psig=AOvVaw3TLHbZs4DFVcB4SXm0eSR1&ust=1551608388347633

all links didn't post right....search it and you'll find your true reality.....CL

Edited by coorslite21
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjL5M-pm-PgAhUEgHMKHV_fBt4QzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fcommentisfree%2F2017%2Fjun%2F21%2Fotto-wambier-fate-north-korea-tour-company-pyongyang&psig=AOvVaw39W_kjVknScjJ3FHobA0Vj&ust=1551607721062692

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiOyefnnePgAhWO4YUKHc7cBYgQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gq.com%2Fstory%2Fotto-warmbier-north-korea-american-hostage-true-story&psig=AOvVaw3TLHbZs4DFVcB4SXm0eSR1&ust=1551608388347633

all links didn't post right....search it and you'll find your true reality.....CL

Are you saying there is more to the story than we've been told?

That's sarcasm...

B/A

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

.........yes they have pictures in a hall way of him removing a poster ....but in the lobby he was stopped by the front desk trying to take a flag. 

Bottom line....don't let your kids visit these countries....kind of along the lines of...."those things happen to others.......that would never happen to my kid!"

I tried to find an article about Otto Warmbier trying to steal the NOKO flag.  I was unable to find one.  The article you linked to said:

Warmbier was reportedly up drinking until 5am on the night of his “crime”,

Warmbier’s simple mistake was to unwittingly overstep the ambiguous boundaries by trying to bring back a forbidden trophy.

I found another article that said:

According to a source in Pyongyang, he had wrapped his shoes in newspaper that had images of ruler Kim John-Un while packing

There seem to be plenty of versions of what transpired.  We will never know the truth.

No parent in their right mind would ever send their child on a trip to North Korea, however Otto Warmbier was 22 years old.  Definitely not a child.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Floridian said:

I tried to find an article about Otto Warmbier trying to steal the NOKO flag.  I was unable to find one.  The article you linked to said:

Warmbier was reportedly up drinking until 5am on the night of his “crime”,

Warmbier’s simple mistake was to unwittingly overstep the ambiguous boundaries by trying to bring back a forbidden trophy.

I found another article that said:

According to a source in Pyongyang, he had wrapped his shoes in newspaper that had images of ruler Kim John-Un while packing

There seem to be plenty of versions of what transpired.  We will never know the truth.

No parent in their right mind would ever send their child on a trip to North Korea, however Otto Warmbier was 22 years old.  Definitely not a child.

No....not a child.....but he acted like one....

A real tragedy.....that could have easily been avoided.....

Thx for posting.......enjoy the weekend!    CL

On 3/2/2019 at 5:47 AM, md11fr8dawg said:

Bullseye BA, while I feel bad for the family and the young man who lost his life, if the US tells us NOT to visit a certain country or countries, it would be extremely prudent to listen. There is a reason for the warning. That being said, I guess our Prez was craving the taste of shoe leather, so he stuck his foot in his mouth again. It's hard to watch. He has done so many good things for our country in just 2 years. If he would just keep his pie hole shut he would be unbeatable.:twocents:

Maybe he could have been politically correct and read from a prompter after talking with his lawyers? I got what I voted for, the opposite of what we had and if that means offending people let it be. Im glad this man got voted into office cuz just think of the alternative.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

If the School Yard Bully has the attention of the little rocket man. Xi and Putin.....to the point where they all believe when he draws a line in the sand...he means it....in a sense....that can define "a respect".....

Good Monday morning to you Shabs....kind of hope we have a quite week.....no hearings...summits...etc.

CL

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

If the School Yard Bully has the attention of the little rocket man. Xi and Putin.....to the point where they all believe when he draws a line in the sand...he means it....in a sense....that can define "a respect".....

Good Monday morning to you Shabs....kind of hope we have a quite week.....no hearings...summits...etc.

CL

Good Morning to you as well, CL......a quiet week would be nice.....however, D.C. being ground zero for gum flapping, I doubt we'll be that lucky.  Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1