Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Britain appoints Iraqi professor Sinan al-Shabibi as chairman of monetary policy committee

1lucdog

image.php?token=089849282b574b367fc45045f4c487d2&size=

Britain appoints Iraqi professor Sinan al-Shabibi as chairman of monetary policy committee

Agency of the orbit -

Baghdad

The British central bank issued a decision on Monday to appoint Iraqi professor Sinan al-Shabibi as chairman of the monetary policy committee.

"The Bank of England decided to appoint Professor Shabibi as chairman of the Monetary Policy Committee, which was previously governor of the Central Bank of Iraq," the English media reported.

"This decision came to benefit from the experiences of al-Shabibi to maintain the exchange rate of the British pound and to prevent the British economy from getting into trouble, especially after the exit from the European Union."

Iraqi sources told al-Madar that Professor Sinan al-Shabibi had been deposed from the post of governor of the Central Bank of Iraq by the previous government headed by Nuri al-Maliki, because he did not agree to sell the dollar to Iran.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 6

"Shabibilicious" LOL!! That name is too funny..! Yea that was back in the day when oil was over $100 a barrel...You know maliki and his goons took the lion share...when he won the 2nd term I stayed away from this site until just last year..as long as he is around no progress will be made. I think Shabibi was living in Virgina (USA)  at one point after maliki tried to have him arrested...

• Upvote 3

Bring the dinar to even with the pound ?  Could have been the back door plan all along ... Put the dinar international , get back to secure region ... My opinion only

Shabibi was never totally out of the picture 

Edited by jeepguy
  • Upvote 9

3 hours ago, GreedyDinar07 said:

Wow!! Yes this is the man that Crooked Maliki tried to lock up now he is Chairman of the Monetary Committee in England

Right On ... the man has stood before the world elites in banking and finance and the master with macro economics  ...  all the others that has sat in the cbi chair after him  to my knowledge have not changed any of his policies so maybe the Plan was set awaiting implementation all this time ... heres hoping ...peace dv

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, slb said:

Dr. Sinan Al-Shabibi is an Iraqi economist who served as the governor of the Central Bank of Iraq from September 2003 to October 2012. Wikipedia

Born: July 1, 1941 (age 77 years), Baghdad, Iraq

He might want to hurry it up, he's no spring chicken. Makes one wonder why he would take a position like that at his age.

Well, hes not digging ditches... maybe his mind is still good and has some great ideas left.

P.S. I resemble that remark. Lol.....

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 1lucdog said:

Iraqi sources told al-Madar that Professor Sinan al-Shabibi had been deposed from the post of governor of the Central Bank of Iraq by the previous government headed by Nuri al-Maliki, because he did not agree to sell the dollar to Iran.

OOOH.  That's gotta smart when this article hits Iraqi news media.  Nobody in Iraq had the guts to say that out loud.

Well, it's out there now.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

The man, the myth, the legend.....and the inspiration for my screen name oh so many years ago. 

I still maintain you should have changed it when Turki was head of the CBI.

Turki-liscious makes waaaaay more sense. LOL. 🦃

While Allak-iliscious doesn't quite roll off the tongue either.:lol:

Edited by King Bean
  • Haha 4

Here is the time stamp on the article:

26-02-2019 02:46 PM 
عدد القراءات: 168

Just like everyone here, I think THIS is outstanding news for our interests. Pretty sure Dr. Shabibi knows more about currencies INTERNATIONALLY AND is an asset for ALL associated.

My gut either way is undecided on the imminence of the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar ReInstatement. My head says THIS is NOT an indication of recent activity of Dr. Shabibi at the Bank Of England. I suspect Dr. Shabibi HAS MADE several rounds to MANY OTHER Countries' Central Banks AND/OR Government Treasuries for the "READAE'" like an Ole Country Doctor makin' "house visits".

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, 1lucdog said:

shabibi was the one exposing all the counterfeit iqd being washed by iran and maliki to get USD mainly thru the rasheed and rafidian state banks as we all know while shabibi was out of iraq at a international banking event maliki put the arrest warrant out for shabs he never returned maliki jailed many at the cbi what a sad state of affairs that was to follow along , iraq didn't know what a asset he was to them bet Britain will ... we wait 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, King Bean said:

I still maintain you should have changed it when Turki was head of the CBI.

Turki-liscious makes waaaaay more sense. LOL. 🦃

While Allak-iliscious doesn't quite roll off the tongue either.:lol:

Yep . . . Allk-illscious sounds more in keeping with someone engaging in an involuntary protein spill ( Barfing ) to the uninitiated. :lol:

• Haha 2

Good move Shabbi  Wondering why right now? Little talked about fact is

that countries like Kuwait store mountains of gold in the Bank of England.

This is what paid America back after the war in 1991. Bush said he was embarrassed

to say we actually made a profit on that war selling jets and tanks to Kuwait.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Here is the time stamp on the article:

26-02-2019 02:46 PM 
عدد القراءات: 168

Just like everyone here, I think THIS is outstanding news for our interests. Pretty sure Dr. Shabibi knows more about currencies INTERNATIONALLY AND is an asset for ALL associated.

My gut either way is undecided on the imminence of the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar ReInstatement. My head says THIS is NOT an indication of recent activity of Dr. Shabibi at the Bank Of England. I suspect Dr. Shabibi HAS MADE several rounds to MANY OTHER Countries' Central Banks AND/OR Government Treasuries for the "READAE'" like an Ole Country Doctor makin' "house visits".

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

Now how am I suppose to sleep???  Shabbs being back in the picture in any way shape, or form, has GOT to a good thing for everyone!  Never mind factoring in all the other great news we have been hearing lately........

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3