Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Warka Open but......

firemans35

After several months if not a few years of emailing Warka and getting no I figured some of the stories I read about Warka closing were true so I gave up figuring I lost my money. The last email I received was in early 2012. In December 2018 something sparked the possibility they may be open so I once again tried emailing about my account. Finally received an answer but not all was good. Apparently in January 2018 they posted a message on their website telling customers something about a short time frame to confirm their account. If a customer didn't confirm their account all stock owned would be sold and funds deposited into the account. Apparently, that is what happened so now I will be closing that account and opening an account with a different investment bank. 

• Upvote 1

"Apparently, that is what happened so now I will be closing that account and opening an account with a different investment bank."

I would be curious to know if your able to close your account  at Warka( and withdraw your money) I am also interested in which bank in Iraq will allow you to open a foreign account.

All the emails I have sent to banks have state that opening an account must be done in person. I f you find this not to be true would you post the contact info of the bank you chose. Thanks.

• Upvote 2

On 2/26/2019 at 4:44 PM, jb4388 said:

"Apparently, that is what happened so now I will be closing that account and opening an account with a different investment bank."

I would be curious to know if your able to close your account  at Warka( and withdraw your money) I am also interested in which bank in Iraq will allow you to open a foreign account.

All the emails I have sent to banks have state that opening an account must be done in person. I f you find this not to be true would you post the contact info of the bank you chose. Thanks.

http://isx-karmal.com/  This bank has told me a notarized copy of my passport and filling out their documents is all you need to open an account online and they told me they would assist me in transferring my stock and cash.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Yes that is Al Karmal a broker not a bank. 

I transfered my Warka shares last year to Al Karmal. I have been in unsuccessful in getting my money transferred from Warka only my shares.

Pleae let us know if you can move your money from Warka. They don’t seem to answer that email when I mention transferring my funds.

• Upvote 2

Al Karmal has been great. I have submitted a purchase request before and it has shown up on my account the next trading day. Unlike Warka after you open an account at Al Karmal you will gain access to your account page thus allowing you to follow your gain/losses. Purchasing and selling share are done by emailing a signed pdf form to their company. I would recommend Al Karmal based off of my experience with them this past year.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2019 at 5:08 AM, NMP2017 said:

Yes please let us know if they will transfer your cash from warka bank as well.

I dug a little deeper and asked  someone in Iraq not affiliated with Warka about transferring cash out of Warka.

The reply i got was ...

I am afraid we cannot transfer your amount from Al Warka bank because they don’t have the liquidity to pay their customer and they are still under custody.

So we sit and wait on Warka at this point you can't do much else.

4 hours ago, screwball said:

Yes true, I had my bank manager in Iraq go to warka with signed authorisation to close account and transfer my money across to my new bank and warka said you can do it unless you visit in person.

An that's exactly what I plan on doing after the RV, except I will be transferring my funds to my Singapore bank account...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, screwball said:

Yes true, I had my bank manager in Iraq go to warka with signed authorisation to close account and transfer my money across to my new bank and warka said you can do it unless you visit in person.

But there are Iraqi's there protesting in front of WARKA because WARKA wont give them their money. I find it hard to believe that particular WARKA statement. Now I am seeing them as outright  liars! There's so much about this mess we will never understand. Pretty sure it is truly so wrapped up in corruption, not even the CBI can do anything about it. CBI has gone after the bank, and failed. I'm convinced it is truly the "First National Bank of Maliki". His level of Sinister reaches new heights even today! He is the best selling author of "How can I continue to screw my country up, and everything in it? 🙄

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jcfrag said:

But there are Iraqi's there protesting in front of WARKA because WARKA wont give them their money. I find it hard to believe that particular WARKA statement. Now I am seeing them as outright  liars! There's so much about this mess we will never understand. Pretty sure it is truly so wrapped up in corruption, not even the CBI can do anything about it. CBI has gone after the bank, and failed. I'm convinced it is truly the "First National Bank of Maliki". His level of Sinister reaches new heights even today! He is the best selling author of "How can I continue to screw my country up, and everything in it? 🙄

Well you don’t have to believe it but if they won’t give Iraqis their money back why would they allow a foreign investor to transfer his? They neeed to keep money in warka that’s why assets in Beirut have been sold off and transferred back and that why they have asked for people to buy shares back in warka to keep liquidity and expand capital upto 250 billion dinar through shares

I'm sure that I'm not the only Warka customer that was sent the email that was offered the option to sell some of their ISX holdings an buy Warka stock. It was actually on their website as well. Warka wanting to get out of the ISX business had no intention of letting you keep your ISX account but to sell your all your ISX holding an keep it in your Dinar account. 

screwwball is right, they need money to bad to let all your ISX holdings just sit there doing nothing. If you weren't able in the past years to get your share holdings transferred to another broker in Iraq you are in the same boat as me an a lot others. Warka sold all my shares in the ISX an is sitting in my Dinar account, I can't do anything with it right now but it shows I still have a lot of Dinars. 

• Upvote 1

I still cant figure out how Alak doesn't have any jurisdiction over these yahoos. Seems to me this is the best deal ever for these idiots sitting there collecting a paycheck for nothing. So if the bank is not taking any money in, where is the money coming from to pay their paychecks? If they are dead in the water, close the doors ans stop living off of our money. If the Central Bank of Iraq has no say so over them surely someone in Iraq like Mahdi could close them down if they don't want to act like a business......... None of this makes any sense to me......

And yes the lack of resolution to their mess and Iraq just letting it ride drives me bonkers....  😡

Edited by jcfrag
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Q1 Has anyone communicated with Warka Bank in the past month or two? I have been trying to get access to my my online account. It says I'm using the wrong password. (I'm not) . No reply to my emails, all sent in the early morning hours.

Q2 So I'm wondering if anyone can see their account info?

Q3 If you have has recent communications with Warka Bank , what was the email address you used?

Thanks all.

19 hours ago, jb4388 said:

Q1 Has anyone communicated with Warka Bank in the past month or two? I have been trying to get access to my my online account. It says I'm using the wrong password. (I'm not) . No reply to my emails, all sent in the early morning hours.

Q3 If you have has recent communications with Warka Bank , what was the email address you used?

Thanks all.

I haven’t checked for a few months but after a few years I only managed recently to resent my password.. I did much to my supprise when I logged on my account had grown by 3 million dinar

19 hours ago, jb4388 said:

Thanks all.

Straight to the man himself...ifrd@warka-bank-iq.com and cc e-bank.ms@warka-bank-iq.com

i just logged appears to be okay..

• 2 weeks later...