Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Statins DOUBLE your risk of developing diabetes

bigwave

Statins DOUBLE your risk of developing diabetes

Which condition would you rather have: high cholesterol or diabetes? It’s a choice you might be unwittingly making if you take statins to lower your cholesterol as studies show that those who take the drugs are twice as likely to develop diabetes as those who do not. On top of that, they also have a significantly greater risk of suffering serious diabetic complications like damage to the nerves, kidneys and eyes.

It’s a connection that physicians have long been aware of, but many attributed it to the fact that people who take statins generally tend to have more risk factors for diabetes anyway. However, a long-term study that was published in the Journal of General Internal Medicinehas proven the danger of these drugs.

The study tracked people for almost ten years to examine the link between the use of statin drugs and new-onset diabetes as well as diabetic complications and obesity among healthy adults.

This information is especially useful to those who are taking statins to offset high cholesterol as a preventive measure rather than for treating existing heart issues as the downsides could well outweigh any potential benefits.

Statins, which include drugs with the brand names Crestor, Lipitor, and Zocor, have been shown in study after study to cause a slew of negative effects.

A different study published in the Archives of Internal Medicine, for example, found that postmenopausal women who take statins see their risk of diabetes go up by a remarkable 71 percent. The study looked at more than 150,000 women without diabetes who were part of the national Women’s Health Initiative. They found a positive association between statin use and a higher risk of diabetes, even after adjusting for other factors that could contribute to diabetes risk, like body mass index, ethnicity, race and age.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-02-25-statins-double-your-risk-of-developing-diabetes.html

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

That’s not all they do that is bad.  They are also a  depletor of calcium in many people.  I can give you first hand testimony that satins put me on a path to type 2 diabetes and calcium loss to where I had terrible muscle craps, my feet felt like they were cracking on every step and my teeth started deteriorating.  I never believed In the myth of Cholesterol but did what my doctor told me.  I am not fat or even overweight for a 65 year old man. I work out daily and don’t eat red meat or anything with sugar. Once I stopped taking the satins my road to type 2 diabetes has reversed dramatically, my feet and muscles are fine and my teeth are back to normal.  Yes, I now go to another doctor who says I’m in perfect health and should have never been put on cholesterol meds.   

Im not telling you to get rid of satins if you are taking them but you might talk to your doctor if you have any of the symptoms I had.  For me they were not good.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

First, muscle cramps can be remedied by eating one or two, depending on the level of activity,  bananas a day. It's not calcium loss that causes cramps in muscles. It is the loss of potassium (not sodium potassium - table salt). As a runner, my calves used to cramp up every night until I started eating a banana a day. Now if you have an aversion to bananas for some reason, like the poisonous spiders found in bunches, then I suggest taking one 99mg tablet of potassium to cure your ills. As a diabetic, I take one 99mg of potassium, 2 tablets of Calcium citrate and magnesium (should be taking manganese), one 100mg of selenium, omega 3 oil, vitamin b 125 complex and 1000 units of Vitamin C and 5000 units of D3 daily. I dropped from a 12 point A1C3 test to under a 7 points on the  A1C3 test in less than 4 months just on the paleo diet (no exercise). I rarely get sick or have a recurrence of cramps, unless I do not take potassium. A lot of this came from listening to Coast to Coast AM and a lot of research. on coast to coast, there is a doc on there who comes on to promote his vitamin products. Since his product is way too expensive for my tastes I have worked with my doctor on the right vitamins from the coast to coast doc's list. My doctor was shocked at my last blood test since the numbers were almost perfect. 

IF you have removed table salt from your diet, good, but you need to replace the potassium, somehow. One other thing about cramps is that they can point to an electrolyte imbalance. As a human body has a reserve of n more than four hours stored in their system of electrolytes and fuel. After those reserves are gone it needs to be replenished. Its something active cyclists know all too well and why carb loading will only get you so far. It's another reason why cyclists will eat a high energy bar while pedaling. This also transfers to other sports as well.

Edited by Theseus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

So my friends, here is the deal. I am seeking info on what to do regarding how we eat meals. Willing to change how we cook and make them, I must be I bought a 9 inch Lodge Cast Iron pan today which is seasoning as we speak. (before my wife gets home. she does not like the smell it makes.). I want to get off statins and forstall other complications. I don't want to be like all the other 60 year olds I saw when I went to visit my old stompin grounds in Mystic Conn a few years back.

I was on Trilipix 1 a day, got the knee pain. How about I go to 1 OD. Ok says the Doc. Last week I was overall 212 on the scale , and very high on the triglycerides when broken down. Not wanting to stroke out, we agreed to a different class of hydrophilic statins which are reputed to have less joint pain side-effects. I am now on Crestor 1 tab a day for 10 days so far. I take a pill for high blood pressure, 1 for cholesterol, plus I have a shelf of vitamins that are organic for the most part. Recently I am developing a tension headache by the end of the day. Crestors problem ???I joined a shot of cortisone in each knee club. Just got my 2nd shot today. My left knee has synovial fluid build up where it shouldn't be. The bursa sack behind the knee cap decided to be somewhere other than where God planned it to be.  When the Dr drained it for the second time today it had blood in the syringe, unsure if synovial fluid was also there. No I did not recently injure my knee I told the Dr when he asked. Thanks for letting me vent friends and frenemies alike ( I know I have ruffled my share of people expressing themselves) .  Still love you all. In case you didn't know. 

So with all that said, I know God is going to stear me in the right direction on what to do since I at a loss. I believe I will hear His voice when i read the right response from one of you. Keto or Paleo Cooking Methods to lower my cholesterol, get me off of statins, knee pain meds, and blood pressure meds. My Mother In-law is is encouraging us towards the Keto Diet (I don't like the word diet when speaking about this stuff now/again. I sleep better at nights seeing it as a life style change not a diet. Know what I mean.) M.I.L. saw stuff about Keto on a Christian news or cooking show. If it cures all that stuff great. If it helps to keep in under great control once I get the numbers right, also great. So which ones and why? I hear you nstoolsman. PS I already have bad breath, that why if you want a mint or a stick of gum ... ask me.

Edited by new york kevin

Theseus: Have you looked at Moringa. I think this may be of some good help to you, and others. Just glance at my topic line on MORINGA. Here is a snippet: Moringa leaves are highly nutritious and are rich in vitamins K, A, C, B6, Manganese, Magnesium, Riboflavin, Calcium, Thiamin, Potassium, Iron, Protein, and Niacin. Ounce for ounce, moringa contains seven times the Vitamin C found in oranges, four times the beta carotene of carrots, three times the iron of spinach, four times as much calcium as milk and three times the potassium of bananas. Moringa also contains all 8 essential amino acids and is rich in flavonoids, including Quercetin, Kaempferol, Beta-Sitosterol, Caffeoylquinic acid and Zeatin. 

Moringa is an aphrodisiac (increases sex drive). I'm in! Going to need a lot of this stuff when IQD RVs. /jk

Overview Information

Moringa is a plant that is native to the sub-Himalayan areas of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan. It is also grown in the tropics. The leaves, bark, flowers, fruit, seeds, and root are used to make medicine.

Moringa is used for “tired blood” (anemia); arthritis and other joint pain(rheumatism); asthma; cancer; constipation; diabetes; diarrhea; epilepsy; stomach pain; stomach and intestinal ulcers; intestinal spasms; headache; heart problems; high blood pressure; kidney stones; fluid retention; thyroid disorders; and bacterial, fungal, viral, and parasitic infections.

Moringa is also used to reduce swelling, increase sex drive (as an aphrodisiac), prevent pregnancy, boost the immune system, and increase breast milk production. Some people use it as a nutritional supplement or tonic.

Moringa is sometimes applied directly to the skin as a germ-killer or drying agent (astringent). It is also used topically for treating pockets of infection (abscesses), athlete’s foot, dandruff, gum disease (gingivitis), snakebites, warts, and wounds.

Oil from moringa seeds is used in foods, perfume, and hair care products, and as a machine lubricant.

Moringa is an important food source in some parts of the world. Because it can be grown cheaply and easily, and the leaves retain lots of vitamins and minerals when dried, moringa is used in India and Africa in feeding programs to fight malnutrition. The immature green pods (drumsticks) are prepared similarly to green beans, while the seeds are removed from more mature pods and cooked like peas or roasted like nuts. The leaves are cooked and used like spinach, and they are also dried and powdered for use as a condiment.

The seed cake remaining after oil extraction is used as a fertilizer and also to purify well water and to remove salt from seawater.

How does it work?

Moringa contains proteins, vitamins, and minerals. As an antioxidant, it seems to help protect cells from damage.

Uses & Effectiveness?

Insufficient Evidence for

TAKEN BY MOUTH

• Asthma. In an early study, taking 3 grams of moringa twice daily for three weeks reduced asthma symptoms and the severity of asthma attacks in adults.
  • Increasing breast milk production. Early evidence suggests that taking 250 mg of a specific moringa supplement (Natalac) twice daily after childbirth increases breast milk production.
  • “Tired blood” (anemia).
  • Arthritis.
  • Cancer.
  • Constipation.
  • Birth control.
  • Diabetes.
  • Diarrhea.
  • Epilepsy.
  • Stomach pain (gastritis).
  • Stomach and intestinal ulcers.
  • Headache.
  • Heart problems.
  • High blood pressure.
  • Kidney stones.
  • Swelling (inflammation).
  • Thyroid disorders.
  • Infections.
  • As a nutritional supplement.
  • Stimulating immunity.
  • Increasing sex drive.
  • Other conditions.

APPLIED TO THE SKIN

• Athlete’s foot.
  • Dandruff.
  • Warts.
  • Skin infections.
  • Snakebites.
  • Gum disease (gingivitis).
  • Other conditions.

More evidence is needed to rate moringa for these uses.

Side Effects & Safety

Moringa is POSSIBLY SAFE when taken by mouth and used appropriately. The leaves, fruit, and seeds might be safe when eaten as food. However, it’s important to avoid eating the root and its extracts. These parts of the plant may contain a toxic substance that can cause paralysis and death. Moringa has been used safely in doses up to 6 grams daily for up to 3 weeks.

There isn’t enough information to know if moringa is safe when used in medicinal amounts.

Special Precautions & Warnings:

Pregnancy and breast-feeding: It’s LIKELY UNSAFE to use the root, bark or flowers of moringa if you are pregnant. Chemicals in the root, bark, and flowers can make the uterus contract, and this might cause a miscarriage. There is not enough information available about the safety of using other parts of moringa during pregnancy. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.

Moringa is sometimes used to increase breast milk production. Some research suggests it might do this, however, there isn’t enough information to know if it is safe for the nursing infant. Therefore, it is best to avoid moringa if you are breast-feeding.

Dosing

The appropriate dose of moringa depends on several factors such as the user’s age, health, and several other conditions. At this time there is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate range of doses for moringa. Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe and dosages can be important. Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.

Edited by Theseus
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Theseus said:

increase sex drive (as an aphrodisiac), prevent pregnancy, boost the immune system, and increase breast milk production.

Would this be illegal or unethical if I slip this into my wife's tea everyday.

By the way niacin was a miracle for me. I stated this on the site many times. cleans up the triglycerides out of your blood and also helps with cholesterol. I replaced the statins with niacin and after that a year later my blood checked great. I keep preaching it but very few believe me. Try it for a week or two and you will feel the difference and then after that little by little month-by-month you'll feel better and better and better. I was very very dizzy I had head spins I could hear blood rushing through my ears also had severe heart palpitations. all this disappeared within a couple weeks or so.

• Haha 1

If you go to: mercola.com you can get a lot of good health info! Dr. Mercola says that statins are a hoax!! I used to be on statins and  I was experiencing muscle weakness, hair disappearing, no energy, I was turning diabetic, my skin felt weird to the touch. My wife got me off of statins, we take quite a few of Doc Mercola supplements plus his probiotics and I feel great! Plus, my wife found a book from a cardiologist named: William Davis, MD. His book is called: Wheat Belly and has a few books on the subject. He claims that you might as well eat a candy bar because that piece of bread will rise your blood sugar levels way high. Wheat has totally changed, it is not what our ancestors had back in the day. It actually is very bad for our health. My wife and I are gluten free, wheat free and we feel great!! William Davis has a cook book out on Amazon and it's great! Giving up wheat and grains will change your health for the better. My wife is now off blood pressure meds, asthma in halers, I'm off of statins, blood pressure meds as well. Like Davis says in his book, that it's like the Elites got together and conjured up this creepy wheat to keep us sick and the Medical Establishments pockets full of profit. My wife and I do not ache anymore like we used to, it has been a miracle for us to get rid of wheat. Yes, we once in awhile, like Christmas etc, have some rolls etc, but then we clean up! Get off sugar too, it feeds cancer and candida (which is the bad guys in your gut, they can and will get out of hand if you don't supplement with probiotics. We do not take any meds now, fix the problem and you can get off meds which are a bandaid with side effects!! Hope this helps someone!!

• Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 6:47 PM, new york kevin said:

So my friends, here is the deal. I am seeking info on what to do regarding how we eat meals. Willing to change how we cook and make them, I must be I bought a 9 inch Lodge Cast Iron pan today which is seasoning as we speak. (before my wife gets home. she does not like the smell it makes.). I want to get off statins and forstall other complications. I don't want to be like all the other 60 year olds I saw when I went to visit my old stompin grounds in Mystic Conn a few years back.

I was on Trilipix 1 a day, got the knee pain. How about I go to 1 OD. Ok says the Doc. Last week I was overall 212 on the scale , and very high on the triglycerides when broken down. Not wanting to stroke out, we agreed to a different class of hydrophilic statins which are reputed to have less joint pain side-effects. I am now on Crestor 1 tab a day for 10 days so far. I take a pill for high blood pressure, 1 for cholesterol, plus I have a shelf of vitamins that are organic for the most part. Recently I am developing a tension headache by the end of the day. Crestors problem ???I joined a shot of cortisone in each knee club. Just got my 2nd shot today. My left knee has synovial fluid build up where it shouldn't be. The bursa sack behind the knee cap decided to be somewhere other than where God planned it to be.  When the Dr drained it for the second time today it had blood in the syringe, unsure if synovial fluid was also there. No I did not recently injure my knee I told the Dr when he asked. Thanks for letting me vent friends and frenemies alike ( I know I have ruffled my share of people expressing themselves) .  Still love you all. In case you didn't know. 

So with all that said, I know God is going to stear me in the right direction on what to do since I at a loss. I believe I will hear His voice when i read the right response from one of you. Keto or Paleo Cooking Methods to lower my cholesterol, get me off of statins, knee pain meds, and blood pressure meds. My Mother In-law is is encouraging us towards the Keto Diet (I don't like the word diet when speaking about this stuff now/again. I sleep better at nights seeing it as a life style change not a diet. Know what I mean.) M.I.L. saw stuff about Keto on a Christian news or cooking show. If it cures all that stuff great. If it helps to keep in under great control once I get the numbers right, also great. So which ones and why? I hear you nstoolsman. PS I already have bad breath, that why if you want a mint or a stick of gum ... ask me.

Here's the thing about "diets". We all eat a diet. Whether its good for us or not it still remains a diet. Diet is defined as the food we eat. Diet in the sense of going on a food plan in which to lose weight then popping off when we have reached that magical weight. You want to lose weight, change the way you eat - forever. Removing processed foods can get expensive, so try to eliminate it as much as possible. Avoid anything with iso- meaning this has been processed and that it is only a singular cell of a more complex system. Corn gets a bad rap because it is mainly what is used to process high fructose corn syrup. The amount of corn you have to eat to get as much as a drop of high fructose corn syrup would make you so full you couldn't eat another bite. The word "organic" is akin to the word "diet" when applied means more expensive not more nutritious. Most commercial organic farmers apply the same chemicals on the veggies and fruits as the farmer down the road who isn't certified as "organic". This was proven in a Netflix documentary. I once swam 45 minutes then did one hour of water aerobics as a workout for about three months. I ate quarter pounder value meals from McDonalds during that time. I lost 20 pounds. The problem was I stopped doing the workout and kept eating the value meals and gained it back. You could say my "diet" was quarter pounder value meals. The point is that any "diet" that you don't stick with, ain't gonna work no how, now way, Jose. Eat what you want to eat and complement it with an active lifestyle. The point with the Paleo diet is that is was not a weight loss diet that generally gets touted. The key point of the Paleo diet is that your eating habits are based on the boundaries of the foods listed. This worked for me because I enjoy sauteed spinach and broccoli. I don't enjoy beans and peas. I can do without potatoes and legumes. I enjoy fruits and have two apple trees in the back yard that when harvested are supposed to last through the winter but they don't. They last me about a month. The Paleo diet is never intended to be a fad diet it is a change of eating habits and those habits will naturally make you lose weight at a rate of about a pound a week and sometimes more but the point most people miss it brings you down to a weight that is natural for your genetic makeup. If that means you are 15 pounds overweight then that is your natural body weight. BMI sux.That is the thing with any eating habit you undertake. It should naturally make you lose weight. Stay away from foods that do not agree with your health. That is the point. Lemon Meringue pie does not agree with my health so I stay away from it. Rarely will you find me eating candy or partaking in a dessert.  am going to say something here that I just remembered, the Paleo diet is Ph neutral. Meaning look at the foods and beverages you eat and drink. Look at their acidity levels. Americans eat a diet high in acidity. Negating this aspect will do more for you than any fad diet will any day of the week. I will never drink a "diet" soda but will drink a regular soft drink any day of the week because of the sweetner in a "diet" drink is processed and not natural. However, soda, more specifically, carbonation is highly acidic. Why do you think Coca Cola is great for cleaning the rust off of things?  Balance out the acid in your diet and you will lose more weight than you thought you could.

Edited by Theseus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I take  B-complex 125 which has 125 mg of niacin amongst its ingredients. The trouble with B3, also known as Niacin, is that it may drop cholesterol levels but it raises blood sugar levels. That is not good for diabetics. B-complex 125 is good for energy, nervous system, and nutrient metabolism. It contains thiamine, B2, B3 (Niacin), pyridoxine, folic acid, B12. The pill is a horse pill. Combined with some caffeine and you are up all day. If I can, I prefer to get my vitamins and nutrients naturally than through a supplement. I will get them whichever way I can, which is why these are supplements, not replacements.

• Upvote 2

Theseus very much appreciated. I also 100% agree, change your eating habits to a manner that is good for your health, stay away from processed foods as a whole, cut way back on sodas and sweets (though I like honey in my tea), and increase the activity. I appreciate you very much. 

4 hours ago, new york kevin said:

Theseus very much appreciated. I also 100% agree, change your eating habits to a manner that is good for your health, stay away from processed foods as a whole, cut way back on sodas and sweets (though I like honey in my tea), and increase the activity. I appreciate you very much. 

Honey is a natural sweetener.  Believe it or not is actually good for the body. 

• 2 weeks later...

So - here is some information on why the body makes to much cholesterol.  The full article can be found here - https://www.diagnosisdiet.com/food/cholesterol/

Why would the body make more cholesterol than it needs?

Now here’s the problem: when people eat too many sugars and starches, especially refined and high glycemic index foods, blood insulin levels can spike. When insulin spikes, it turns on HMG –CoA reductase, which tells all of the body’s cells to make more cholesterol, even if they don’t need any more. This is probably the most important reason why some people have too much cholesterol in their bloodstream. Sugars and starches can raise insulin levels, which fools the body into thinking it should grow when it doesn’t need to. This is how low glycemic index diets and low-carbohydrate diets normalize cholesterol patterns—these diets reduce insulin levels, which in turn lower HMG-CoA reductase activity.

“Statin” drugs, such as Lipitor®, which are prescribed to lower cholesterol levels, work partly by interfering with the activity of HMG-CoA reductase. If your cells happen to need more cholesterol under certain circumstances, but the statin drug is blocking this critical enzyme, your cells may not be able to make cholesterol when needed. And what’s worse is that the cholesterol synthesis pathway doesn’t just make cholesterol; branches of this same pathway are responsible for synthesizing a wide variety of other important molecules, including: Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, and Coenzyme Q. So, you may want to think twice before you artificially interfere with this pathway by taking a statin drug.

When you eat less carbohydrate, you are not artificially blocking the pathway; you are simply allowing HMG-CoA reductase to listen to other more important signals (such as cholesterol levels and growth requirements) and decide naturally when it should turn on and when it should turn off.

So, to recap: refined carbohydrates speed up the cholesterol assembly line and statins slow it down. Which approach would you rather take to manage your “cholesterol problem”—taking a drug that artificially slows down this assembly line, or changing your diet so that the assembly line only runs when it’s supposed to? [Hint: Dietary changes require no monthly co-pays, and have no potentially dangerous side effects.]

Chances are: if you have “high cholesterol” you do not have a cholesterol problem—you have a carbohydrate problem.

Good Cholesterol and Bad Cholesterol

This gets into the very complicated relationship between cholesterol blood tests and heart disease risk. This is an enormous topic that will be covered in future articles on this site, but I’ll summarize some basic points here now.

When you get your cholesterol levels checked, you will see numbers for HDL and LDL, as well as triglycerides.  Triglycerides are fats, so we’ll set them aside and just focus on HDL and LDL.

HDL particles collect extra cholesterol from around the body and carry it back to the liver to be eliminated from the body if we don’t need it. It is typically thought of as “good cholesterol” so higher HDL levels are considered a good sign.

LDL particles carry extra cholesterol made in the liver out to the rest of the cells in the body. We used to think of LDL as “bad cholesterol” so lower levels of LDL were considered a good sign.

The cholesterol inside of HDL and LDL particles is exactly the same, it’s just that, for the most part, HDL is carrying it in one direction and LDL is carrying it in the opposite direction. The reason why LDL had been dubbed “bad” and HDL has been dubbed “good” is that numerous epidemiological studies (most famously, the Framingham Heart Study) told us that high LDL levels were associated with a higher risk of heart attack, and that high HDL levels were associated with a lower risk of heart attack.

We used to think that HDL was good because it acted like a garbage truck, clearing evil cholesterol out of our bodies, and we used to think that LDL was bad because it burrowed its way into our coronary arteries, depositing evil cholesterol there—forming plaques and causing heart attacks.

Cholesterol, Carbohydrates and Heart Disease

However, this simplistic way of thinking about cholesterol and heart disease is changing before our very eyes. It turns out that it is more complicated than this. LDL, for example, exists in a variety of forms. It can be big and buoyant and “fluffy” or small and dense and oxidized (damaged). The new thinking is that small, dense,oxidized LDL may be the only type of LDL that is associated with heart disease. Therefore, instead of thinking of all LDL as “bad”, it would be more accurate to say that all LDL is not created equal—big fluffy LDL is “good” and small, dense, oxidized LDL is “bad.”

Unfortunately, standard blood tests can’t tell you which type of LDL you have because it lumps all types of LDL particles together.  Standard tests can only estimate how much of your cholesterol is travelling inside of LDL particles.  They can’t tell you how many LDL particles you have, how big they are, how dense they are, or how oxidized they are.  [For a detailed explanation of the complexities involved in interpreting cholesterol blood test results, I recommend Dr. Peter Attia’s blog atwww.eatingacademy.com.]

What we do know from research studies is that people who eat a diet high in refined carbohydrates tend to have a higher number of “bad” (smaller, denser, oxidized) LDL particles. This makes sense, because we know that carbohydrates are “pro-oxidants” —meaning they can cause oxidation.

There is also lots of evidence telling us that refined carbohydrates can cause inflammation.  Just because doctors find cholesterol inside artery-clogging plaques does not mean that cholesterol causes plaques. It is now well established that heart disease is a disease of inflammation. It is not simply that an innocent, smooth, buoyant sphere of fat and cholesterol traveling through the bloodstream decides to somehow randomly dig its way into a healthy coronary artery. The first step in the development of a vessel-clogging plaque is inflammation within the lining of the artery itself. When doctors cut into plaques they don’t just find cholesterol—they find many signs of inflammation (such as macrophages, calcium, and T cells). Wherever there is inflammation in the body, cholesterol is rushed to the scene to repair the damage—because we need cholesterol to build healthy new cells. Jumping to the conclusion that coronary artery plaques are caused by the cholesterol found inside of them is like assuming that all car accidents are caused by the ambulances that are found on the scene.

Just some "food for thought" - since we were discussing diet.  My take away is - limit carbrohydrates, look at anti inflammatory style diets, and look into "oxidative stress" and how to balance the redox systems in the body.   Here is another good sight.  http://www.theredoxdoc.com/redox-basis-of-illness/#!

• Thanks 4