Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

On the Iraqi-Iranian agreement

yota691

2 hours ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

If they don’t RV before all these trades go into effect..... I would THINK WE CAN KISS THIS RV goodbye..... Iran would get billions of Dinar at this price... The US would not want Iran a large sponser of terror to have their bank accounts filled to the brim. So hopefully we see the RV soon so that it does not undermine sanctions!

Yip NEPatriot..I fear you are right...trying to stay positive but I cannot see how this can go our way if they pay the Iranians in Dinar at this low low rate. I will be so happy to be proved wrong!!
I have everything crossed for a quick RV!!

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

If they don’t RV before all these trades go into effect..... I would THINK WE CAN KISS THIS RV goodbye..... Iran would get billions of Dinar at this price... The US would not want Iran a large sponser of terror to have their bank accounts filled to the brim. So hopefully we see the RV soon so that it does not undermine sanctions!

I totally agree, PatsFan. 

Does it say anywhere in all these articles, WHEN the Iran/Iraq trade agreements go into effect?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Don't have a link, but i recall recently that Iraq was holding out on paying a large bill for electricity from Iran. I don't believe that's been paid at this point which might be an indicator that a rise in the value of the dinar is on the horizon... Just speculation on my part....

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Tuesday، 12 March 2019 01:50 PM

US helicopters fly above embassy in Green Zone, as Rouhani visits Baghdad

helicopter

US helicopters have intensified presence above the US embassy, located in the Green Zone in Baghdad, and its vicinity, coinciding with the Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s visit, an informed source said.

In remarks, the source said “around six helicopters have been flying above since the morning to watch the US embassy in the Green Zone and its vicinity.”

Rouhani arrived on Monday morning in Baghdad for a three-day visit on top of a high-level delegation.

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/37192/US-helicopters-fly-above-embassy-in-Green-Zone-as-Rouhani-visits-Baghdad

Edited by tigergorzow

Ah, EVERYBODY!!!

Pipe down.

HOW much, pray tell, do the Insanians REALLY have to offer the Bicraqi Iraqi???!!!

The average Bicraqi Iraqi Citizen DOES NOT want the Insanians ALL OVER Iraq!!!

The news media is HEAVILY influence by Ole Potato Head Nouri al-Maliki. Hey, Rouhani EVEN met with Ole Potato Head Nouri al-Maliki hisself!!!

My view is THIS is just a WHOLE LOTTA Pomp AND Show. NO real content HERE!!!

HOW far, pray tell, will THESE agreements go???!!!

WORTHLESS ACTUALLY!!!

Remember.................................................................

The Battle Is The FIERCEST When Victory Is The NEAREST!!!

So, OK, some "motivational" "mood" "music" MAY help!!!

WE ALL knew there WILL BE bumps on the way. SURE, A bump here so NO BIGGIE!!!

Just MY opinion.........................................................

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

HOW much, pray tell, do the Insanians REALLY have to offer the Bicraqi Iraqi???!!!

The average Bicraqi Iraqi Citizen DOES NOT want the Insanians ALL OVER Iraq!!!

The news media is HEAVILY influence by Ole Potato Head Nouri al-Maliki. Hey, Rouhani EVEN met with Ole Potato Head Nouri al-Maliki hisself!!!

My view is THIS is just a WHOLE LOTTA Pomp AND Show. NO real content HERE!!!

Not too sure about that, Synopsis.  They gave Rouhani a pretty big welcome on his visit to Iraq, while Trump did fly in and out without much of anything.  Everybody smiling and welcoming Rouhani, making a big fuss over him.

I believe I read that they do (or will do) $20 Billion in trade, besides supplying electricity and who-knows-what else.

I'm not too happy that Iran and Iraq are so much "in love".

They need to do something with their currency quickly before they make Iran rich.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Not too sure about that, Synopsis.  They gave Rouhani a pretty big welcome on his visit to Iraq, while Trump did fly in and out without much of anything.  Everybody smiling and welcoming Rouhani, making a big fuss over him.

I believe I read that they do (or will do) $20 Billion in trade, besides supplying electricity and who-knows-what else.

They need to do something with their currency quickly before they make Iran rich.

:twothumbs: "SUDDENLY"???!!!, Floridian, AND The Very Best Of Your Week To You!!! :tiphat:

The Insanians just DO NOT have it to offer the Bicraqi Iraqi compared to ALL the other benefits offered by OTHER Countries. I suspect NO matter WHAT THESE agreements consist of, THEY WILL BE ENTIRELY eclipsed by the REAL DEAL!!!

Kwinkie Dinkie the TWO INTERNATIONAL Credit arrangements were launched for RECONSTRUCTION TODAY (NOT of Insanian origin OR making) coinciding with Rouhani's "visit"???!!!

ALL is NOT lost. I think just the OPPOSITE!!!

Just ME (NOTE: ME) seeing the GOOD in ALL THIS???!!!

Go Moola Nova!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Floridian said:

This could be the final squeeze that pops the pressure on this zit! 😂

Sorry for the analogy but im sick and tired of this ride.... and I do remember Shabbibi saying there would be lots of propaganda before a change in value.... this could be a large smoke screen to keep investors away.... 

just my thoughts in between work appts. 

Just a few days left in the first quarter of the year... 🤞🏻

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Synopsis said:

:twothumbs: "SUDDENLY"???!!!, Floridian, AND The Very Best Of Your Week To You!!! :tiphat:

The Insanians just DO NOT have it to offer the Bicraqi Iraqi compared to ALL the other benefits offered by OTHER Countries. I suspect NO matter WHAT THESE agreements consist of, THEY WILL BE ENTIRELY eclipsed by the REAL DEAL!!!

Kwinkie Dinkie the TWO INTERNATIONAL Credit arrangements were launched for RECONSTRUCTION TODAY (NOT of Insanian origin OR making) coinciding with Rouhani's "visit"???!!!

ALL is NOT lost. I think just the OPPOSITE!!!

Just ME (NOTE: ME) seeing the GOOD in ALL THIS???!!!

Go Moola Nova!

Thanks Synopsis and everyone else for their insights.

$20 billion is really "Trump" change in trade between two neighboirong countries. What i see in these articles is a lot of anti-USA  politicalizing amidst some buddy buddying up. For trade and economic development,  Iraq needs the west and other countries way more than Iran. And Iran needs Iraq way more than the other way around, imo.  Note that its Rouhani and the Iranian contingent with all the big talk, as that's all they really have right now. Talk.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Okay, you're right about that.  I hadn't thought about rebuilding the whole country.  Yes, other countries do offer a lot more than Iran ever could, in that regard.

I was thinking about the video that said every Iraqi household has food and household goods imported from Iran.  I guess they really do need this "next door neighbor" for those things, but they need other countries for the big stuff.

Good to hear other points of view that I hadn't thought about.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

This could be the final squeeze that pops the pressure on this zit! 😂

Sorry for the analogy but im sick and tired of this ride.... and I do remember Shabbibi saying there would be lots of propaganda before a change in value.... this could be a large smoke screen to keep investors away.... 

just my thoughts in between work appts. 

Just a few days left in the first quarter of the year... 🤞🏻

Yeah!  I'm sick and tired of this ride too.  😂

• Thanks 1

Rouhani in Baghdad seeks outlets against US sanctions

Ali Mamouri March 12, 2019 
  •  
RTX6QN19-870.jpg
ARTICLE SUMMARY
Iranian president Hassan Rouhani is paying his first visit to Iraq with the hope of expanding economic relations to allow Iran to counter the tightening noose of US sanctions.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani arrived in Baghdad on March 11 amid his government's efforts to expand ties with Iraq to reduce the impact of US sanction on Iran's economy. Prior to departing Tehran, Rouhani remarked, “[Iran's ties with Iraq] cannot be compared to Iraq’s relations with an occupying country like America, which is hated in the region.” The visit is Rouhani’s first one to Baghdad since taking office in 2013.

The Iranian leader's three days in Iraq will include his signing a series of agreements on energy, transport, agriculture, industry and health as well as meetings with Iraqi officials. In preparation, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif arrived in Baghdad the day before Rouhani. Iran aims to boost annual trade with its neighbor from $12 billion to $20 billion to help offset US sanctions, which are strangling its economy. 

While meeting with Rouhani, President Barham Salih said, “Iraq is lucky to be a neighbor with Iran, as well as being a neighbor with Turkey and being connected to the Arab world at the same time.” He added, “We hope that Iraq can become a bridge between the region’s nations based on mutual respect and common interests.”

A senior Iranian official accompanying Rouhani told Reuters, “[Iraq is] another channel for Iran to bypass America’s unjust sanctions. … This trip will provide opportunities for Iran’s economy.”

Rouhani and Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi signed an agreement to connect the two countries via a railway linking the border town of Shalamche and Basra. The 48 miles of track between them will allow Iran to transfer goods to southern Iraq and even longer distances via onward transit to the north. Along with the government in Damascus, the two countries had also previously agreed to connect Iraq and Syria by rail to allow Iran to export goods through the port of Latakia, on the Mediterranean.

The connecting rail agreement might be the most important one Rouhani signs during his visit in terms of combatting the policies of the Donald Trump administration aimed at squeezing Iran. The railway link will not only provide the Iranian economy with a much-needed outlet, but will also allow Tehran to provide support to its allies there and in Lebanon and Syria, which translates into further expanding its influence in the region as the United States tries to roll it back via the sanctions and its support of the anti-Iran alliance in the region led by Saudi Arabia.

Rouhani and Iraqi leaders will discuss establishing a jointly held bank with the goal of allowing both their countries to skirt US sanctions or penalties and expand their economic relations without resort to US dollars. They also agreed to waive fees on visas in the hope of increasing the number of visitors between Iran and Iraq to help boost local economies and bring their peoples closer. The number of Iranians traveling to Iraq has decreased since the reimposition of US sanctions on Iran due to the declining value of the rial.

The Iranian delegation and the Iraqis also plan to work toward resolving long-running bilateral issues, such as demarcation of their border, ownership of border-straddling oil fields and disagreements involving the 1975 Algiers Agreement to settle their dispute over the Shatt al-Arab.

Iranian Oil Minister Bijan Zangeneh last month publicly expressed dissatisfaction with Baghdad, citing its “reversing some oil agreements and refusing to invest in the border oil fields and to pay Iran [$2 billion owed it in] debts.” He also complained, “Baghdad's commitment to the US sanctions has prompted [Iraq] to revoke minor agreements, such as the Kirkuk deal, under which we traded 11,000 barrels of oil a day.”

It is of course not expected that all the issues between the two countries will be resolved during Rouhani's visit. Some evident solutions to problems would likely not be in the interest of the United States and its regional allies, and Baghdad does not want to trigger anger in Washington or closer to home.

Iraqi policy under Abdul Mahdi has generally been a continuation of that of his predecessor, Haidar al-Abadi, which involves steering clear of regional and international tensions and conflicts by taking moderate and balanced approaches to crafting good relations with all parties.

Iranian media have reported that Rouhani will travel to Najaf to meet Grand Ayatollah Ali Sistani. The meeting has not been confirmed by Sistani's office, but as Sistani has good relations with the Iranian Reformists, such a meeting is to be expected. The Shiite authority has previously met with Zarif as well as with the late Iranian President Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani. He did not receive former President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, a hard-liner and Principlist, when he visited Iraq in 2008.

Tehran appears to need Baghdad now more than it ever has, as US sanctions threaten Iran's stability, not only economically but also socially and politically. Iraq is one of the few doors open to Iran in the effort to prop up its economy and prove to its people that it can work around sanctions and provide adequate services.

While Iran obviously stands to gain from expanding ties with Iraq, it is unclear whether and how the Iraqi government can benefit as well without damaging its relations with the United States, Saudi Arabia and Iran’s other rivals in the region.

Edited by 6ly410
  • Upvote 3

Lucky’ Iraq renders US campaign against Iran futile

Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:28AM [Updated: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:07AM ]
  1. Home
  2. Iran
  3. Economy
Iraqi President Barham Salih (L) and his Iranian counterpart Hassan Rouhani inspect an honor guard in Baghdad, March 11, 2019. (Photo by IRNA) Iraqi President Barham Salih (L) and his Iranian counterpart Hassan Rouhani inspect an honor guard in Baghdad, March 11, 2019. (Photo by IRNA)

As economic interdependence is growing between Iran and Iraq, private companies are being given the pivotal role to nurture increasingly powerful and mutually beneficial relations between the two important neighbors.

A delegation of 32 business people is tagging along as President Hassan Rouhani is currently visiting Iraq to shore up ebullient trade partnership against US subterfuge.

The private sector provides the wiggle room for both countries to navigate the complex maze of US sanctions imposed on Iran after President Donald Trump withdrew from a landmark 2015 nuclear deal with the Islamic Republic in May.

For their run-of-the-mill maintenance, Iraqis depend on Iranian companies for everything from food to machinery, electricity, natural gas, fruits and vegetables.

Iraq’s infrastructure has been destroyed in 30 years of wars, mostly after the US invasion which saw the bulk of the highly-skilled human force leave the country.

Iran offers an invaluable pool of human capital, services and resources which are literally within a walking distance from the Iraqi border.

Hence, choking such a vital source is as much damaging - if not worse - to Iraq as it is to Iran, explaining President Barham Salih’s declaration that Iraq’s interests lie in maintaining very good relations with Iran.

“I deliberately repeat this sentence several times. We Iraqis have an interest in strengthening these relations with Iran, and we must see them as a main issue among all our regional relationships,” he said Monday, with Rouhani on his side.

The two presidents oversaw the signing of several trade deals on oil, trade, health, and a railway linking the southern Iraqi oil city of Basra and the Iranian border town of Shalamcheh.

Most importantly, private companies earned a real feather to their cap as the two sides agreed on measures to make it easier for businessmen and investors to obtain visas.

The new deals will also convince Tehran that Baghdad is serious about not being “party to the system of sanctions against Iran” as Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi said in February.

Last year, Iran exported $8.7 billion worth of commodities to Iraq, overtaking Turkey with $7.3 billion of exports. According to Secretary General of Iran-Iraq Chamber of Commerce Hamid Hosseini on Monday, Iran is likely to also surpass China as the biggest exporter to the Arab country this year.

Last year, 1.5 million Iraqis visited Iran but this figure rose to 2 million in the first seven months of the Iranian calendar year (March 2018-February 2019).

Hosseini said the number of Iraqis visiting Iran is expected to hit 3 million by the end of the year on March 21, including 300,000 visiting as medical tourists.

Moreover, Iran hopes to discuss reviving up to $8 billion worth of technical and engineering projects signed by its private companies in 2014, which were suspended as Daesh terrorists invaded the Arab country.

Banking issues are a top priority of Rouhani’s visit, with Hosseini saying they had been ironed out and trade exchanges had improved and stabilized.

Last month, Iran’s Central Bank governor Abdulnaser Hemmati and his Iraqi counterpart signed an agreement to develop a payment mechanism for euro and dinar-based transactions to facilitate banking between the two countries.

Officials have promised to grow the already flouring trade which has jumped from $2 billion a year eight years ago to over $12 billion today, and is expected to rise to $20 billion in two years.

Other than economic benefits, improved ties between Iran and Iraq have important security and geostrategic implications for both countries.

Iran was famously the first country to respond to Iraqi calls for help after Daesh terrorists in June 2014 captured the main northern city of Mosul and threatened to overrun the capital Baghdad and the oil-rich region of Kirkuk.

President Salih on Monday thanked Iran for its "support" and said Iraq was "lucky" to have it as a neighbor, without making any reference to the US.

The United States remains entrenched in its bid to sever Iraq’s ties with Iran. Trump made a secret trip to Iraq in December and made comments that US forces should stay in Iraq to keep an eye on Iran.

Hosseini said American efforts to disrupt relations between the two countries were futile.

“The Americans want to disrupt our relations, especially with neighboring countries, through economic sanctions, but given Iraq’s demographic density in the borders with Iran, our economic and social exchange will continue.”

Iraq and Iran share a 1,400-kilometer-long (870 miles) border. Apart from consumer goods, Iraq relies on Iran for electricity.

Gas imports from Iran generate as much as 45 percent of Iraq's 14,000 megawatts of electricity consumed daily. Iran transmits another 1,000 megawatts directly, making itself an indispensable energy source for its Arab neighbor.

Rouhani’s visit will make it all but impossible for the White House to refuse to exempt Baghdad, which has openly rebuffed Washington’s pressure to cut its energy ties with Iran.

“The futility of US pressure on Iraq over Iran should serve as a fresh reminder of the fundamentally questionable nature of Trump’s one-dimensional and confrontational Iran policy,” former Boston University professor Kaveh Afrasiabi wrote.

“This effort to demonize Tehran as a force of subversion with respect to its neighbors flies in the face of the opposite reality: the increasingly powerful and mutually beneficial relations between Iran and Iraq,” he added.https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/03/12/590835/Iran-Iraq-Rouhani-visit-US-trade-banking-sanctions

• Upvote 2

Bro, remember when exchange sites had a change of rate in the iqd? It occurred twice in March,  one on March 6 n the other on March 21. Hope it happens again around the 20ish this month. This time I believe it will be permanent n we can actually change our notes

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, miquel said:

Thanks Synopsis and everyone else for their insights.

$20 billion is really "Trump" change in trade between two neighboirong countries. What i see in these articles is a lot of anti-USA  politicalizing amidst some buddy buddying up. For trade and economic development,  Iraq needs the west and other countries way more than Iran. And Iran needs Iraq way more than the other way around, imo.  Note that its Rouhani and the Iranian contingent with all the big talk, as that's all they really have right now. Talk.

:twothumbs:, Miquel, AND The Very Best Of Your Week To You!!! :tiphat:

4 hours ago, Floridian said:

Okay, you're right about that.  I hadn't thought about rebuilding the whole country.  Yes, other countries do offer a lot more than Iran ever could, in that regard.

I was thinking about the video that said every Iraqi household has food and household goods imported from Iran.  I guess they really do need this "next door neighbor" for those things, but they need other countries for the big stuff.

Good to hear other points of view that I hadn't thought about.

:twothumbs:, Floridian, AND The Very Best Of Your Evening To You!!! :tiphat:

Pretty sure OTHER Countries/Companies can offer comparable items to the Bicraqi Iraqi like the Insanians have in the PAST!!!

Go Moola Nova!

• Thanks 2

Iraq settles part of Iran’s claim for exports: CBI

Tehran, March 12, IRNA – Central Bank of Iran (CBI) reported that Iraq on Monday (March 11) settled first part of Iran’s claim for exports to the neighboring country.

n83240454-72898039.jpg

The CBI Governor Abdolnaser Hemmati and his Iraqi counterpart Ali al-Allaq held talks in Baghdad Monday on ways to follow up implementation of a mutual agreement reached by the two sides on February 5.

Hemmati along with other top Iranian officials is accompanying Iranian President Hassan Rouhani during his visit to Iraq that started on March 11 for three days.

The two sides in the meeting also reviewed the ways to facilitate banking cooperation, launch Iranian bank branches in Iraq and use Dinar instead of Dollar in trade exchanges.

According to CBI, gas and electricity comprise for four out of 12 billion dollars of Iran’s exports to Iraq.

Hemmati, at the end of his February visit to Iraq, told reporters that the two sides have held good talks on removing the obstacles to trade exchange.

He also informed the reporters of the two sides’ determination to implement mutual agreements on economic cooperation.

In a related development, Iran’s Ambassador to Baghdad Iraj Masjedi in an article published on March 10 said the Iraqi officials have repeatedly reiterated that they would not go with the US at its unilateral sanctions against Iran, the sanctions which re-imposed on Tehran in Nov 2018 after Washington unilaterally withdrew from the Iran Deal in May in the same year.http://www.irna.ir/en/News/83240454

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to On the Iraqi-Iranian agreement