Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trumps Clean Sweep !!

pokerplayer

25 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

You just can't seem to leave certain threats alone. Instead of making your false accusations prove it.

Prove what?  Read it... He used privilege to stay out. Of course he isn't the only one, but that picture of him standing on a tank is pure fantasy.. Maybe he should be riding a unicorn...

The matter of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump’s military service (or lack thereof) surfaced multiple times during the 2016 election cycle, first in July 2015 when Trump maligned Sen. John McCain, a POW during the Vietnam War, for being captured, and again in July 2016 when he openly feuded with the family of slain U.S. soldier Humayun Khan after Khan’s father, Khizr, criticized Trump during an appearance at the Democratic National Convention.

Trump himself has never served in the military. Selective Service records obtained from the National Archives by The Smoking Gun in 2011 reveal the following history of his draft eligibility:

1964:
Donald Trump became eligible for the draft on his 18th birthday (14 June 1964) and registered with the Selective Service System 10 days later. He received the first of four 2-S (college) deferments on 28 July 1964.

1965:
Trump received his second college deferment on 14 December 1965.

1966:
Trump’s previous deferment expired and he was reclassified 1-A (available for military service) on 22 November 1966. His 2-S deferment was renewed on 13 December.

1967:
No record.

1968:
Trump received his fourth and final college deferment on 16 January 1968. After graduating from Wharton, he was reclassified 1-A on 9 July 1968. Trump underwent an Armed Forces physical examination (with a result listed only as “DISQ”) on 19 September 1968 and was reclassified 1-Y (qualified for service only in time of war or national emergency) on 15 October 1968.

According to a statement from the Trump campaign, the 1-Y classification stemmed from Trump’s having bone spurs in both heels:

While attending the University of Pennsylvania’s prestigious Wharton School of Finance, Mr. Trump received a minor medical deferment for bone spurs on both heels of his feet. The medical deferment was expected to be short-term and he was therefore entered in the military draft lottery, where he received an extremely high number, 356 out of 365.

The details of that medical exemption remain unclear and controversial, and most draft-related government medical records from the Vietnam era were not preserved.

1972:

Despite the supposedly “short-term” nature of Trump’s disqualifying physical condition, on 17 February 1972 he was reclassified 4-F (not qualified for military service), presumably due to the abolishment of the 1-Y classification the previous year.

B/A

Edited by bostonangler
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5

B/A I know you claim to want to see every politician as evil, however nothing you provided above says that Trump was a draft Dodger. He registered for the draft and was never called. He was diagnosed disqualified because of bone spurs. There is no firm evidence showing that he does not have bone spurs. And if he does have them in his feet that would most certainly disqualify him as he would be unable to march in formation. Your desire to see him the way you want to see him makes you automatically believe he paid some doctor to say he has bone spurs. But that does not mean it's true.

• Thanks 6

Just now, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

B/A I know you claim to want to see every politician as evil, however nothing you provided above says that Trump was a draft Dodger. He registered for the draft and was never called. He was diagnosed disqualified because of bone spurs. There is no firm evidence showing that he does not have bone spurs. And if he does have them in his feet that would most certainly disqualify him as he would be unable to march in formation. Your desire to see him the way you want to see him makes you automatically believe he paid some doctor to say he has bone spurs. But that does not mean it's true.

As a Marine, you constantly surprise me with your letting him ride... He dodged with bone spurs that were not deemed serious and thought to be temporary... I'm sure in boot camp you were hurting worse than he did... It is a sad joke that rich kids and there are many of them who get out of service and get to enjoy the freedoms the rest of us fight and die for... It's not just him, it is the social class system we have but many deny exists...

B/A

• Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

As a Marine, you constantly surprise me with your letting him ride... He dodged with bone spurs that were not deemed serious and thought to be temporary... I'm sure in boot camp you were hurting worse than he did... It is a sad joke that rich kids and there are many of them who get out of service and get to enjoy the freedoms the rest of us fight and die for... It's not just him, it is the social class system we have but many deny exists...

B/A

Well let me see, I am a marine and very proud of the service I gave to my country. However if I was raised a child billionaire I can assure you I would never have joined the Marines or any other branch of the service. There would be far more ways that I could be useful.

• Thanks 3