Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Barzani meets with Mahdi re: HCL (?)

Adam Montana

13 hours ago, 82Corp. said:

Correct H.R.5405 has been signed not yet schedule for a passage vote.  It could be another 12 months before it's scheduled for a vote.  There are lots of things at play more than just the dinar being reinstated and revalued.  

I can just see it now, RV of the Iraqi dinar pay off most of America's debt with the proceeds, change the dollar from Fiat back to Gold base. Hahaha that's going to make people happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 11

35 minutes ago, Desertmedic2009 said:

People?!?  I just want to be happy!!!  Lol

No one here can make you happy. No amount of money can make you happy. Happiness is a choice you have to make for yourself. You either choose to be happy or you choose not to. That is how it works.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I can just see it now, RV of the Iraqi dinar pay off most of America's debt with the proceeds, change the dollar from Fiat back to Gold base. Hahaha that's going to make people happy.

Truth be know there's more to the story and why the US Treasury holds an abundance of IQD.  We wait... 

Reserve Currency.jpg

• Upvote 8

15 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

No one here can make you happy. No amount of money can make you happy. Happiness is a choice you have to make for yourself. You either choose to be happy or you choose not to. That is how it works.

Well you said it was going to make a lot of people happy. All I said was I want to be happy. Meaning when this is finally done. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 7

22 hours ago, pokerplayer said:

I have a hard time believing you were ever a dumb azz Chuck. Smart yes, dumb no. There is an awful lot of people here on DV's and I can honestly say that not a single one falls into that catagory. We are all exceptional in our own unique ways.

Even me LOL  :) 

pp

Thanks PP, guess I.O.U the first two drinks. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, davis411 said:

If I get the right rv 

I will give sugar daddy a new meaning 

nah I wont

i changed my mind 

Ok ok ok

i changed my mind again

how this sound 

Sugar Davis

Made some money on iqd

but still holds onto his dong

with 2 hands

thinking like a business card concept

that I can hand out

drum up business 😇

• Haha 7

31 minutes ago, davis411 said:

Ok ok ok

i changed my mind again

how this sound 

Sugar Davis

Made some money on iqd

but still holds onto his dong

with 2 hands

thinking like a business card concept

that I can hand out

drum up business 😇

Davis, your talkIng like a future US President.  LOL

• Haha 2

When it comes to reconstruction, before we turn to the American taxpayer, we will turn first to the resources of the Iraqi government and the international community.” 

Donald Rumsfeld
Secretary of Defense
March 27, 2003

“There is a lot of money to pay for this that doesn’t have to be US taxpayer money, and it starts with the assets of the Iraqi people. We are talking about a country that can really finance its own reconstruction and relatively soon.” 

Paul Wolfowitz
Deputy Secretary of Defense
testifying before the defense subcommittee
of the House Appropriations Committee
March 27, 2003

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, Desertmedic2009 said:

LOL, ill keep an eye out.  I got off the ambulance a year ago, and have been working a safety job for a while.  I don't get out as much as I used to, but will be looking around.

If you ever run into him  tell him you talk to the S-2 of 2/37 AR. You can not miss him, he is one big Goober. 

• Haha 2

Ahead of and shortly after the US invasion of Iraq in 2003, a number of officials, including former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and his deputy Paul Wolfowitz suggested the war could be done on the cheap and that it would largely pay for itself. In October 2003, Rumsfeld told a press conference about President Bush's request for $21 billion for Iraq and Afghan reconstruction that "the $20 billion the president requested is not intended to cover all of Iraq's needs. The bulk of the funds for Iraq's reconstruction will come from Iraqis -- from oil revenues, recovered assets, international trade, direct foreign investment, as well as some contributions we've already received and hope to receive from the international community." In March 2003, Mr. Wolfowitz told Congress that "we're really dealing with a country that could finance its own reconstruction." In April 2003, the Pentagon said the war would cost about $2 billion a month, and in July of that year Rumsfeld increased that estimate to $4 billion.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

On 2/13/2019 at 11:10 AM, Half Crazy Runner said:

I LOVE this whole scenario 😍

I remember a while back the CBI had that hidden page that showed the dinar exchange rate at 1.2 dinars to the dollar...

:crossedfingers:

In the past year, Iraq added another CBI website.  Who knows which one will last. Maybe they are testing both to see which one they like. Maybe their testing our patients. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Barzani stresses joint security in meeting with Iraqi national security adviser

Sangar Ali Sangar Ali |
51 minutes ago

Share share

Barzani stresses joint security in meeting with Iraqi national security adviser
Masrour Barzani, the Chancellor of the Kurdistan Regio Security Council (KRSC), meets Iraqi National Security Adviser Falih Fayyadh, Munich, Feb. 15, 2019. (Photo: KRSC)

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – Chancellor of the Kurdistan Region Security Council Masrour Barzani on Friday discussed the significance of “joint security mechanisms” between Iraqi and Kurdish forces in a meeting with Iraq’s National Security Adviser, Falih Fayyadh.

The discussion took place in Germany on the sidelines of the 2019 Munich Security Conference.

Both sides addressed “the importance of a return to joint security mechanisms between Peshmerga and Iraqi Security Forces in the disputed territories,” according to Barzani’s press office.

The Kurdish top security chief also “raised concerns” about increasing Islamic State activities in the provinces of Kirkuk, Mosul, Salahaddin, Diyala, and parts of Anbar.

“Stopping ISIL [Islamic State], and combating its ideology, requires sustained cooperation between the Kurdistan Regional Government and the Federal Government,” Barzani stated.

On the disputed province of Kirkuk, they agreed on the importance of normalizing the situation using the roadmap outlined in Article 140 of the Iraqi Constitution, the statement added.

They also discussed the situation in Syria and other regional developments.

The meeting came hours after Barzani’s metwith the Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov. “In the meeting, both sides reaffirmed the historic relationship between the peoples of the Russian Federation and the Kurdistan Region,” a statement from the KRSC office read. 

Those participating also reviewed ways to increase the strong economic ties with the Kurdistan Region and Iraq as a whole, the statement added. 

The officials also discussed Syria, on which Barzani “raised his concern about the future of the Kurdish people,” and “stressed the importance of a peaceful settlement that guarantees their rights and safety.”

On that front, Barzani “urged Russia to help advance that goal through inclusive talks.” 
According to the Munich Security Conference website, over 35 heads of government and heads of state, as well as 50 foreign and 30 defense ministers will attend the three-day event. 

Edited by 6ly410
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/7694fc60-1cbf-4942-9dbe-d419124f6033?platform=hootsuite

Kurdistan

Live Updates: Kurdistan delegation in 2nd day of meetings with key foreign officials in Munich

6 hours ago

Share share

Live Updates: Kurdistan delegation in 2nd day of meetings with key foreign officials in Munich
Chancellor of the Kurdistan Region Security Council (KRSC) Masrour Barzani during a meeting with James Jeffrey, US Special Representative for Syria Engagement and the Special Envoy for the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS, Feb. 16, 2019. (Photo: Kurdistan 24)

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) - The Kurdistan Region's delegation, headed by Chancellor of the Kurdistan Region Security Council (KRSC) Masrour Barzani continues its second day of meetings with key foreign officials in Germany on the sidelines of 2019 Munich Security Conference.

11:05 am – This morning, Barzani met a parliamentary delegation of the Alternative for Germany (AFD) led by Rudiger Lucassen to discuss Germany’s support to the Kurdistan Region, in particular during the war on ISIS.

The Kurdish official “urged the Parliamentary group to increase aid for over 1.4 million displaced individuals and refugees in the Kurdistan Region,” according to the KRSC statement.

They also reviewed developments between the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) and the federal government of Iraq. Barzani emphasized that the next KRG cabinet will work closely with Baghdad to settle outstanding disputes based on the Iraqi constitution.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 10