Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Barzani meets with Mahdi re: HCL (?)

Adam Montana

5 hours ago, Floridian said:

I have a question when I hear of people wanting to move to Mexico or Central America.

The first thing that comes to my mind is - What do you do if you have a heart attack or get some dreaded disease?

How is the quality of health care in these countries?

Agree, Florida’s but it is not only the what if you have a heart attack or get a dreaded disease .. you lose a lot of family support and also the doctors, medical and support systems that you are familiar with on your home turf.. I am not knocking anyone for wanting the lifestyles that they plan to have and they have researched it well and are healthy.. I write this both a former  health worker and now as person having to access those health services as I move into more full on caring role..

I say go for it but do your homework well  because life is for living ...

Edited by NoviceInvestor
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Barzani, Head of Iraqi Mada Foundation Discuss Politics in Kurdistan

BasNews 19/02/2019 - 18:37 Published in Kurdistan

ERBIL - Prominent Kurdish leader and former president of the Kurdistan Region, Masoud Barzani, received on Tuesday the Chairman of Iraqi al-Mada Foundation for Media, Culture and Arts, Fakhri Karim, to discuss the latest political developments in the region.

During the meeting, according to a statement by Barzani's office, the pair shed light on the underway efforts to form the next cabinet in Erbil, where they both stressed the importance to expedite the process.

They also pointed out that it is essential for the political parties to come together and help develop the current political affairs.

Barzani and the Iraqi official noted that the next Kurdistan Regional Government's (KRG) priority should be to serve the public and to improve all sectors, especially the economy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 7

21 hours ago, Wiljor said:

The weather down here has been great, 86 degrees today Chuck👍 Not rubbing it in, but, this was the view from my office today. Ok, rubbing it in a little. I can see all the DV'ers down at the pool now............here's wishing it so 🙏

57194384966__5F1843B7-C707-41A3-9BA8-57C2544E20FA.JPG

Man, that is looking sweet. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

I am frankly surprised we have not had the RV yet.  All the check points have been fullfilled.  

My final point. 

THERES NO GOING BACK. 

You can kick the can down the road on any other issue, but not on this one. 

IMPLEMENTATION OF THE NEW RATE HAS TO BE IMMINENT IMO. 

Agreed :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

Rv has to be in placed. I made a post about the inclusion earlier being that bank has to win back peoples confidence. I think that by winning confidence over people is by offering people incentive(rv or purchasing power to their currency)...This is the only means I can think of to gain people back the confidence...

• Upvote 6

22 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

I am frankly surprised we have not had the RV yet.  All the check points have been fullfilled.  

My final point. 

THERES NO GOING BACK. 

You can kick the can down the road on any other issue, but not on this one. 

IMPLEMENTATION OF THE NEW RATE HAS TO BE IMMINENT IMO. 

I no longer expect that anything is every ready in Iraq... The news in Iraq is either positive and encouraging or it flatlines...

• Thanks 2

Middle East

Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better'

3 hours ago

Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better'
Chief of Staff and Adviser to the Iraqi PM, Abdulkarim Hashim Mustafa, speaking with Kurdistan 24 on the sidelines of the Middle East conference in Russia, Feb. 20, 2019. (Photo: Kurdistan 24)

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – The Kurdistan Region and Iraq have “excellent ties,”  and despite a “few minor” lingering issues, the two nations should be able to settle them given the levels of trusts and mutual respect between them, a senior aide to Iraq’s prime minister said on Tuesday.

Speaking with Kurdistan 24 on the sidelines of a special event in Russia, Chief of Staff and Adviser to Iraq’s prime minister, Abdulkarim Hashim Mustafa, highlighted Erbil and Baghdad’s increasingly improving ties. The event was a conference on the Middle East, organized by the Valdai International Discussion Club, a Russian think tank.

“Relations are very good between the Kurdistan Region and the federal government,” Mustafa said. “Right now,” the state of bilateral ties is at its “best” as they are based on “high levels of trust” between the two administrations.

However, he added, “I will not claim that all differences…have been put to rest. There will always be small problems.” But both sides “are capable of resolving these issues” together.

Following the Sept. 2017 referendum on independence, relations between the two governments reached a breaking point when Baghdad responded to the vote with a military takeover of contested areas, leading to the withdrawal of the Kurdish Peshmerga forces.

Since then, senior officials from both sides have met, often to work on mending ties and increasing cooperation. Steps in this direction have improved since a new administration was elected in Baghdad, headed by Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi.

In November, the head of the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP), Masoud Barzani, the leading Kurdish figure and former President of the region, visited the Iraqi capital to discuss Erbil-Baghdad disputes and express support for the newly formed government headed by Abdul-Mahdi.

It was the first such visit since Barzani played a central role in the Kurdistan Region’s independence referendum during his tenure as President. His two-day trip included meeting with leaders across the spectrum of Iraqi politics.

In the months that have followed, a number of developments highlight growing cooperation between the two administrations.

Among these steps include the newly passed 2019 federal budget – which was backed by Kurdish lawmakers after amendments were made to the bill based on their suggestions – and the removal of domestic customs points – another measure imposed by Baghdad following the events of late 2017.

Editing by Nadia Riva

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 11

1 hour ago, trident said:

Among these steps include the newly passed 2019 federal budget – which was backed by Kurdish lawmakers after amendments were made to the bill based on their suggestions

Baghdad and the Kurds getting along is something we've waited a LONG time to see! That kind of statement was unthinkable just a year or two ago.

:twothumbs: 

21 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Well...in 2015 I fell and broke my arm.  No insurance.  Went to the emergency room.  X rays, consultant with doc, pain shot, temp cast....70 bucks.  I was well treated.  That would cost me 4k in the u.s.  They do have health insurance here but am too poor to get it right now.

70 bucks.

You almost don't even need health insurance at that rate! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 12

President Barzani Receives a United States Government Delegation

Wednesday 20 February 2019

https://www.masoudbarzani.krd/en/news-and-press-releases/president-barzani-receives-a-united-states-government-delegation01/

Salahadin, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, (Barzani Headquarters)- President Masoud Barzani received a United States government delegation which consisted of State and Defense Departments officials and was headed by ambassador James Jeffery, the Special Representative for Syria Engagement. The delegation also included Joel Rayburn, the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Levant Affairs. President Barzani and ambassador Jeffery spoke of the latest political developments in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region, they also discussed the military progress against the terrorists of the Islamic State and the general situation in Syria.

President Barzani expressed his gratitude to the people and government of the United States for their continuous support to the Kurdistan Region, adding that the war against the terrorists of the Islamic State would have indeed been more costly in terms of human lives and resources had it not been for the intervention of the U.S.-led coalition. Ambassador Jeffery made reference to the fact that the U.S. support to the Kurdistan Region has proven to be a successful endeavor and that the Kurdistan Region is one of the success stories in the Middle East.

The two sides discussed the political situation in Iraq and the recently enhanced relations between Baghdad and Erbil. Ambassador Jeffery and President Barzani expressed their optimism for a brighter future for Iraq and the Kurdistan Region following the war on the terrorists of the Islamic State.

The meeting also included discussions on the situation in Syria and how it is imperative for all sides to begin engaging in finding avenues which would be in the interest of the people of Syria following the end of the caliphate of the Islamic State.

While President Barzani acknowledged that the terrorists of the Islamic State have faced a serious defeat in Iraq and Syria, he added that their threat should continue to be handled with caution.

• Upvote 9

58 minutes ago, 6ly410 said:

President Barzani Receives a United States Government Delegation

Wednesday 20 February 2019

https://www.masoudbarzani.krd/en/news-and-press-releases/president-barzani-receives-a-united-states-government-delegation01/

Salahadin, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, (Barzani Headquarters)- President Masoud Barzani received a United States government delegation which consisted of State and Defense Departments officials and was headed by ambassador James Jeffery, the Special Representative for Syria Engagement. The delegation also included Joel Rayburn, the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Levant Affairs. President Barzani and ambassador Jeffery spoke of the latest political developments in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region, they also discussed the military progress against the terrorists of the Islamic State and the general situation in Syria.

President Barzani expressed his gratitude to the people and government of the United States for their continuous support system" rel="">support to the Kurdistan Region, adding that the war against the terrorists of the Islamic State would have indeed been more costly in terms of human lives and resources had it not been for the intervention of the U.S.-led coalition. Ambassador Jeffery made reference to the fact that the U.S. support system" rel="">support to the Kurdistan Region has proven to be a successful endeavor and that the Kurdistan Region is one of the success stories in the Middle East.

The two sides discussed the political situation in Iraq and the recently enhanced relations between Baghdad and Erbil. Ambassador Jeffery and President Barzani expressed their optimism for a brighter future for Iraq and the Kurdistan Region following the war on the terrorists of the Islamic State.

The meeting also included discussions on the situation in Syria and how it is imperative for all sides to begin engaging in finding avenues which would be in the interest of the people of Syria following the end of the caliphate of the Islamic State.

While President Barzani acknowledged that the terrorists of the Islamic State have faced a serious defeat in Iraq and Syria, he added that their threat should continue to be handled with caution.

Another Positive ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

And more positive news..
Middle East   02.21.19

Peshmerga, Iraqi army prepare to work together in disputed areas

An hour ago

Peshmerga, Iraqi army prepare to work together in disputed areas
Kurdish Peshmerga forces in the field. (Photo: PAP/EPA/STR)

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – Kurdish Peshmerga forces and members of the Iraqi army recently began joint-field surveys in areas disputed between the central and regional governments. 

The aim, said a senior Peshmerga Ministry official on Wednesday, is for the forces to cooperate in areas where Islamic State militants remain a threat.

The statement comes following weeks of multiple rounds of meetings between the ministry and the federal Iraqi military, wherein both agreed to form two high-level and several low-level committees charged with facilitating coordination and cooperation between the two sides in providing security in disputed territories.

"The joint committees plan to… conduct a field study of those regions, and consequently, create what is to become the front-line of the Peshmerga Forces and Iraqi Army," said Jabar Yawar, Secretary-General of the Peshmerga Ministry, on a government website.

Yawar added that the committees have been participating in an ongoing operation in Salahuddin Province’s Tooz District and Kifri in the province of Diyala.

"We plan to redistribute military forces, be them Iraqi or Peshmerga," the official explained, adding that they would "relocate" armed units from areas that are now stable and redeploy them to those where the Islamic State still poses a threat.

The Peshmerga have been some of the most effective ground troops in the battle against the Islamic State in Iraq and were instrumental in containing and advancing against the jihadist group in the country's north.

In the military operation to liberate Mosul, the self-proclaimed capital of the Islamic State in Iraq, Peshmerga forces broke the line of defense the group was holding and took several areas in the eastern and northern parts of the city, in coordination with Iraqi forces and the US-led coalition.

Following the Kurdistan Region's September 2017 referendum on independence, however, cooperation between the two forces abruptly ended, with Peshmerga being pushed from disputed territories by Iraqi military forces and militias.

Fears that the Islamic State would re-emerge in vulnerable areas have prompted local and international officials to urge that Iraqi and Kurdish troops return to their previous united front against the common jihadist threat. 

These latest developments showcase an increased, though often tentative, cooperation between Baghdad and Erbil and a recent general strengthening of relations between them. 

Editing by John J. Catherine 

Updated4 minutes ago

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 8

10 minutes ago, miquel said:

Is this just a hunch? Wild guess? Or did it "suddenly" come to you ? Hope you're right this time LGD!

Ya know I hadn't thought of it like that until you asked, but I was just driving along reading an article that Master Yota posted concerning a United Nations delegation visiting Iraq soon. And I guess you're right, SUDDENLY , it occurred to me that March 1st 2019 is a Friday. It is also the end of the first quarter. And it seems as if so many things have been done including HCL

It would seem the most opportunistic time for a RV.:pirateship::bagofmoney:

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 9