Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Barzani meets with Mahdi re: HCL (?)

Adam Montana

1 hour ago, dinarham said:

The CBI announced that it is pledging   1 trillion dinars to help small and medium businesses . As it stands ,a trillion dinar = slightly over  1mill US ? ,no great shakes . A higher rate would make more sense  with this pledge .

I think your math is off.  It's over $840 million. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, GameChanger said:

.00084 (rate of USD to IQD) x 1,000,000,000 IQD= 840,000

https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1%2C000%2C000%2C000&From=IQD&To=USD

Unless things are super cheap in Iraq... 840k is nothing for small business.

That's a billion.  Not a trillion.  12 zeroes needed after the 1.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, cranman said:

That's a billion.  Not a trillion.  12 zeroes needed after the 1.

Well fancy that... guess I've had toooooo many beers today.  I stand well corrected. 840 million USD it is.  Actually, I never knew there was such a number when I was in school. Funny how a few zero's changes things. GGGGGOOOOOOOOOO RV!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, GameChanger said:

Well fancy that... guess I've had toooooo many beers today.  I stand well corrected. 840 million USD it is.  Actually, I never knew there was such a number when I was in school. Funny how a few zero's changes things. GGGGGOOOOOOOOOO RV!

Too many beers? Surely you jest good sir! Haha

Crazy numbers that  are beyond our human comprehension. I don't want to scare anyone ,but in the vastness of time and space , we are travelling very close together ,sharing this  historic event together .The middle class just got a shot in the arm . many of us carry the experience of being dead broke and scared to death ,giving us compassion and humility . Our All Mighty loves humility . Let's say you witness a loved one succumbing to alchohol or drugs . Are you all disgusted and judgmental ?, or do you say to yourself , "There but for the grace of God go I "  So let's go and pump up this economy !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 8

5 hours ago, pokerplayer said:

I oh so hope your right. I want this over and done, no matter what the outcome, even though I still hope for at least .10 per dinar.

pp

.10 per Dinar is ok with me for a partial conversion ..that should read exchange ..

Edited by NoviceInvestor
  • Upvote 2

Democratic and change sign the political agreement to form a regional government

127701.jpg.7e2b2ef54f9168c2daf02584eff07f71.jpg

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/164177/الديمقراطي-والتغيير-يوقعان-الاتفاق-السياسي-لتشكيل-حكومة-الإقليم

2019/02/18 14:14

Baghdad / Al-Masala: The Kurdistan Democratic Party signed with the Movement for Change, Monday, February 18, 2019, a comprehensive agreement paving the way for the movement's participation in the Kurdistan government.

The source said in an interview with the "Masala" that "the agreement guarantees the participation of the movement of change in the government, and ensure its share of positions, by 12%."

He pointed out that the agreement, including "30 points 18 of which belong to the region and the other concerns the situation of the Kurds in Baghdad."

Earlier, on February 18, 2019, the head of the Kurdistan Regional Council of Representatives, Rifik Huri, announced the postponement of today's session until 3 pm.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

http://www.rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/18022019

KDP's Vala Farid elected KRG parliament speaker, closes session

By Rudaw 1 hour ago
-
-

PUK committed to Feb 5 agreement with KDP: spokesman 

Although Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) MPs boycotted Monday’s parliamentary session, Latif Sheikh Omar, a party spokesperson, told a press conference the PUK will abide by its agreement with the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP).

“We declare our commitment to the February 5 agreement and call on our brothers from the KDP to abide by the agreement as well,” Omar said. 

Its unity with the KDP in the Kurdistan Region, Baghdad, and the disputed areas must be treated as a single package, the spokesman said, rather than deal with these issues separately.

The PUK’s only demand from the KDP is to let the party participate in the cabinet “effectively”.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

Thanks bro...well, there you go, 30 points has been signed. This should be sufficient enough to trigger an rv(if this HCL is the last thing we are waiting on). This statement is from Adam's chat on Feb 13: Two thirds or more is PLENTY to suit our needs!. Cheers dvers

• Upvote 6

KDP and Gorran Ink Landmark Political Agreement

Basnews English 18/02/2019 - 12:28 Published in Kurdistan

ERBIL — Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) and Change Movement (Gorran) on Monday signed a political agreement over the formation of the next government in Kurdistan Region.

Gorran previously agreed to take part in the next cabinet, but the details of an accord were waiting for leadership’s approval.

Overnight on Sunday, Gorran’s National Assembly approved the agreement to be signed with the KDP. It includes 30 points, 18 of which are related to joint political work in Erbil, and 12 others connected to the politics in Baghdad.

Signing the political agreement came after seven meetings between KDP and Gorran leadership over the past few months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 9