Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump Announces Temporary Shutdown Deal

The Wall will get built, he said so yesterday in his speech. He also said there was work already ongoing.  We need to hold his feet to the fire on his campaign promise but I’m not worried he won’t follow through.  What’s pathetic is his Rep Congress and Senate didn’t get this done in his first two years.  See my post earlier, “ What have they Accomplished”

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Government shutdown cost the US economy at least $6BILLION - $300,00 MORE than the $5.7billion Trump wanted to build his border wall

• Standard & Poor said the government shutdown cost the US economy $6billion
  • Donald Trump shut down the government over $5.7billion for his border wall 
  • S&P had originally predicted a more 'modest impact' on the economy 
  • The agency revised its analysis after the shutdown stretched into its fifth week 

The recently ended partial government shutdown is said to have cost the US economy at least $6billion — more than the $5.7billion border wall figure that President Trump shut down the government over. 

Financial rating agency Standard & Poor released a report Friday in which it analyzed the cost to the US economy of the partial government shutdown, which finally ended Friday after Trump signed a bill to reopen the federal government for the next three weeks.  

The shutdown had clocked in as the longest government shutdown in the country's history, lasting 35 days, during which many federal workers were either furloughed without pay or told to work without receiving paychecks during that time.  

Financial rating agency Standard & Poor said that the partial government shutdown cost the US economy $6billion - more than what Donald Trump wanted to build his border wall

Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
0:1

In the report, the S&P said that the overall cost to the US economy — which is worth about $19trillion — would be 'likely worse than what we had previously expected,' ABC News reported. 

An earlier S&P estimate had stated that the partial government shutdown would have only a 'modest impact' on the economy and that it would only lose about $1.2billion of its GDP for each week the shutdown lasted. 

In Friday's report, however, the S&P stated that the upgraded damage to the US economy was due to the fact that 'weekly costs likely widened beyond the average weekly cost of $1.2 billion.'

'Here, both direct costs, on lost productivity from furloughed government workers, and indirect costs, from lost economic activity to outside businesses because of the shutdown, amplified with each week the government remained closed,' the S&P said, according to the statement obtained by ABC News.

Prior to knowing that the shutdown would last five weeks, the S&P said it 'had expected that other indirect costs were likely just delayed, with businesses recouping some of those losses once the government reopens its doors.'

Should another government shutdown occur, it's believed that it could 'reduce growth expectations' for the overall US economy

Should another government shutdown occur, it's believed that it could 'reduce growth expectations' for the overall US economy

Progress

However, 'with a five-week closure, we suspect that more of those economic activities indirectly tied to the government may have been outright canceled,' the agency said.  

The bill Trump signed Friday reopened the government until February 15, meaning that about 800,000 government workers would be able to get their paychecks while Trump continued to demand his border wall money. 

Should there continue to be no agreement over Trump's border wall money during the 21 day period, Trump tweeted Friday that 'if no deal is done, it’s off to the races!' 

In its report, the S&P indicated that economic growth could be stymied should there be another shutdown.    

'Although this funding battle has ended, the next one starts in a few weeks, which may reduce growth expectations if businesses and financial markets begin to expect that Congress and the president will repeat the experience again and again,' the S&P said in its statement.  

If not border wall money deal is reached, it's possible that Trump could initiate another government shutdown or even try to declare a national emergency, which would allow him to take money out of military construction funds to build part of the wall. 

Should Trump attempt to go the national emergency route, the decision could lead to a constitutional fight over his power to do so, according to CNBC News.    

ADVERTISEMENT

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6635877/Government-shutdown-cost-economy-6BILLION-Trump-wanted-build-wall.html

• Thanks 5

Trump brings up Hillarious's emails AGAIN as he accuses Mueller of double standard | Daily Mail Online

President Donald Trump has accused special counsel Robert Mueller of applying a double legal standard in his prosecution of Roger Stone, and also tweeted about building the wall.

'If Roger Stone was indicted for lying to Congress, what about the lying done by Comey, Brennan, Clapper, Lisa Page & lover, Baker and soooo many others?' Trump tweeted on Saturday morning.

He was referring to former FBI Director James Comey, former CIA Director James Brennan, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, and fired FBI employees Page and Peter Strozk. Trump did not specify what he believes they lied to Congress about.

'What about Hillarious to FBI and her 33,000 deleted Emails? What about Lisa & Peter's deleted texts & Wiener's laptop? Much more!' Trump continued, returning to a favorite topic.

President Donald Trump has accused special counsel Robert Mueller of applying a double legal standard in his prosecution of Roger Stone

President Donald Trump has accused special counsel Robert Mueller of applying a double legal standard in his prosecution of Roger Stone

Stone
Mueller

Lying to Congress is a very rare charge. Mueller's (right) team, in addition to charging Stone (left) with the unusual crime, also charged Trump's former attorney Michael Cohen with it

9024790-6635861-image-a-46_1548536644789

Lying to Congress is a very rare charge. Mueller's team, in addition to charging Stone with the unusual crime, also charged Trump's former attorney Michael Cohen, who pleaded guilty. 

'Almost no one is prosecuted for lying to Congress,' attorney PJ Meitl wrote in a 2006 law review article on the topic, adding, 'in fact, only six people have been convicted of perjury or related charges in relation to Congress in the last sixty years.' 

Trump continued on with a series of tweets vowing to build a southern border wall, a day after backing down from his wall funding demand in order to reopen the government. 

He said that he would continue to press Congressional Democrats over the three weeks of funded government to press them for a deal.

9025276-6635861-image-a-47_1548536966322
9025278-6635861-image-a-48_1548536970823
9025274-6635861-image-a-49_1548536976496

'21 days goes very quickly. Negotiations with Democrats will start immediately. Will not be easy to make a deal, both parties very dug in,' Trump wrote. 'The case for National Security has been greatly enhanced by what has been happening at the Border & through dialogue. We will build the Wall!'

He said that a wall would deter migrant caravans.

'We have turned away, at great expense, two major Caravans, but a big one has now formed and is coming,' Trump wrote. 

'At least 8000 people! If we had a powerful Wall, they wouldn’t even try to make the long and dangerous journey. Build the Wall and Crime will Fall!'

9025268-6635861-image-a-50_1548536982608
9025266-6635861-image-a-51_1548536984731
9025306-6635861-image-a-52_1548537265555

He also quoted Mark Morgan, the former Border Patrol chief under Barack Obama, who has spoken out strongly in favor of a southern border wall, as saying 'we absolutely need a physical barrier or wall.'

Trump said there was no good reason not to support a wall.

'Only fools, or people with a political agenda, don’t want a Wall or Steel Barrier to protect our Country from Crime, Drugs and Human Trafficking. It will happen - it always does!' he wrote.

The 35-day government shutdown battle left White House staffers feeling deflated as if they had wasted the month, CNN claimed citing unnamed aides and outside advisers.

https://www.dailymail.chttps://www.dailymail.

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, Pitcher said:

If you read Trump’s txts he is 100% correct.  Unequal application of our Laws.  Complete Baloney stick

Yes and as President of the United States he has the absolute authority to do whatever it takes to enforce our laws.

Even if that means declaring Martial Law. So why is the only thing Trump has done to enforce our laws is tweet?

As for me, I'm tired of words, I demand action. 

I don't care one dang bit about the supposed 800 thousand pigs sucking off of the bloated sow our government is.

I care only for the millions that have suffered at the hands of the lawless coming across our borders and the lawless 

in  DC.

Without equal justice America is nothing more than an overpriced banana repuck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I don't care one dang bit about the supposed 800 thousand pigs sucking off of the bloated sow our government is.

As a Christian I know you don't really believe that but I understand your point.  Those 800K got a paid vacation on the tax payers dime.  Our leaders didn't give two hoots about them and used them as pawns in a stupid game of chicken and who has the biggest hands ( not hands)

I'm with you 100% on the illegals crossing our borders.  It's my hot button and I'm with you on demanding something be done NOW!!!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

I know you don't mean this.  <_<

GO RV, then BV

It seems that I need to clarify. The 800,000 or so government employees got a vacation, they were always going to get paid, they got paid, and they knew they were going to be paid. But the millions of Americans who have lost loved ones at the hands of illegal aliens will never get back what they have lost.

The 800000 government workers cannot even compare to that kind of suffering.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

It seems that I need to clarify. The 800,000 or so government employees got a vacation, they were always going to get paid, they got paid, and they knew they were going to be paid. But the millions of Americans who have lost loved ones at the hands of illegal aliens will never get back what they have lost.

The 800000 government workers cannot even compare to that kind of suffering.

Of course they can't be compared to that sort of suffering.....but they shouldn't be held hostage for their chosen job choices either, even though you consider them to be pigs.  Of course, you already knew that.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:

Of course they can't be compared to that sort of suffering.....but they shouldn't be held hostage for their chosen job choices either.  Of course, you already knew that.

GO RV, then BV

By this comment you imply the President Trump is the one holding them hostage. Your version a compromise is when the other side gives everything you want. My version of compromise is when I give you something and you give me something. Trump offered multiple times, DACA, to Nancy Pelosi. She outright rejected that offer demanding that either he open up the government and then they will discuss, or she will give nothing. And if crazy Nancy has anything to do with the next 3 weeks negotiations she still will give nothing.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

By this comment you imply the President Trump is the one holding them hostage. Your version a compromise is when the other side gives everything you want. My version of compromise is when I give you something and you give me something. Trump offered multiple times, DACA, to Nancy Pelosi. She outright rejected that offer demanding that either he open up the government and then they will discuss, or she will give nothing. And if crazy Nancy has anything to do with the next 3 weeks negotiations she still will give nothing.

Let's hope they work it out.....this time maybe, Trump will leave the government employees off the table as bargaining chips (hostages).....even though Donald has already said he would close it down AGAIN.

GO RV, then BV

3 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Let's hope they work it out.....this time maybe, Trump will leave the government employees off the table as bargaining chips (hostages).....even though Donald has already said he would close it down AGAIN.

GO RV, then BV

Why is it that you insist on blaming Trump as the only one holding them hostage? If Nancy Pelosi is unwilling to negotiate for anyting she is just as guilty as President Trump is. And in my opinion more so, ask her position is costing American citizens their very lives.

• Thanks 3

If the Dems truly believe in Border Security then why won’t they give President Trump what he thinks he needs to protect the Country.  Could it be they don’t really believe in Border Security even though they give lip service that they do.  Remember many Dems believe in open borders, the removal of Ice, and the belief in Sanctuary cities and States.  Money is not the issue, the 5 b that Trump is asking for is less than .11% of the National Budget.  We provide more than that in Free housing, education food, and healthcare to illegals.  Can our insolvent country continue to allow millions more to new illegals that come to the USA.  This is a very common sense question for me.  Protect our Border Mr President.  Call your National Emergency and get it done. The Dems are the party of NO, they are Obsructionists, they are unlawful, and they are 100% wrong in their resistance of funding border security.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Why is it that you insist on blaming Trump as the only one holding them hostage? If Nancy Pelosi is unwilling to negotiate for anyting she is just as guilty as President Trump is. And in my opinion more so, ask her position is costing American citizens their very lives.

Keep the government open, plain and simple.....If the elected children can't seem to do their jobs, Yes, including Pelosi, then somebody needs to make sure the day to day government duties are completed....."somebody" being those average everyday government employees.  If Donald was the amazing deal maker as he always proclaims for all to hear....we wouldn't be having this conversation.   I doubt you have the courage to place any blame on Trump, whatsoever.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

President Trump cannot make a Deal with himself. Takes two to tango. Pelosi is an obstructionist, and she has effectively closed down the Government the way Barry did for 8 years by refusing to work with the Reps.  The Dems want it their way or its nothing. They are the party of NO.  Resistance!!!  Nothing in DC is getting done for the next two years.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

If the Dems truly believe in Border Security then why won’t they give President Trump what he thinks he needs to protect the Country.  Could it be they don’t really believe in Border Security even though they give lip service that they do.  Remember many Dems believe in open borders, the removal of Ice, and the belief in Sanctuary cities and States.  Money is not the issue, the 5 b that Trump is asking for is less than .11% of the National Budget.  We provide more than that in Free housing, education food, and healthcare to illegals.  Can our insolvent country continue to allow millions more to new illegals that come to the USA.  This is a very common sense question for me.  Protect our Border Mr President.  Call your National Emergency and get it done. The Dems are the party of NO, they are Obsructionists, they are unlawful, and they are 100% wrong in their resistance of funding border security.  

At least some American employers of illegals are finally cleaning house.....nobody wants to look hypocritical when the dust finally settles.  I think we have a long way to go Pitcher to clean up all the issues.  It's my opinion if the border security is funded without dealing with all the other issues involving immigration, those issues will never be dealt with.  Yes I get what happened to Reagan, but that is no excuse for not dealing with it now, just as the Dems that voted for the 2006 Fence Act should come clean now.....BUT IT ALL SHOULD BE HANDLED AT ONCE, NOT PIECEMEAL.

12 Undocumented Immigrants Were Fired From President Trump's New York Golf Club, Lawyers Say

Pictured: The Trump National Golf Club Westchester on September 19, 2016 in Briarcliff Manor, New York.
Pictured: The Trump National Golf Club Westchester on September 19, 2016 in Briarcliff Manor, New York.

Bobby Bank—WireImage
By BERNARD CONDON / AP 
January 27, 2019

(NEW YORK) — A dozen immigrant workers at one of President Donald Trump’s golf clubs in New York who are in the U.S. illegally were fired this month even though managers had known about their legal status for years, a lawyer for the workers said Saturday.

As the president railed during the partial government shutdown against immigrants coming into the country illegally, a manager at the Trump National Golf Club in Westchester County called a dozen immigrant workers into a room one by one Jan. 18 and fired them, said lawyer Anibal Romero.

Many of them had worked at the club for a dozen or more years, he said, and managers knew they had submitted phony documents but looked the other way.  “This is bogus. People have been there for 12, 13, 14 years,” said Romero. He added, referring to one of the president’s sons, “One had the keys to Eric Trump’s bedroom.”

The firings come after workers at another Trump club in New Jersey came forward last month to say managers there had hired them knowing they were in the country illegally, and had even helped one obtain phony documents.

The crackdown at the New York club was first reported by The Washington Post.

The Associated Press left messages with The Trump Organization seeking comment. Eric Trump depicted the firings to the Post as a normal course of business.

“We are making a broad effort to identify any employee who has given false and fraudulent documents to unlawfully gain employment,” he said. “Where identified, any individual will be terminated immediately.”

He added that the “the system is broken.”

Trump has repeatedly cast the millions of immigrants in the country illegally as a scourge on the health of the economy, taking jobs from American citizens. He has said they also bring drugs and crime over the border.

Trump turned over day-to-day management of his business to Eric and his other adult son, Donald Jr., when he took the oath of office two years ago. The Trump Organization owns or manages 17 golf clubs around the world.

One man who was fired, a former maintenance worker from Mexico hired in 2005, told The Post that he started to cry when he was told of the news and pleaded with management to reconsider.

“I told them they needed to consider us,” said Gabriel Sedano. “I’d given the best of myself to this job.”

“I’d never done anything wrong, only work and work,” he added. “They said they didn’t have any comments to make.”

Romero, who also represents immigrant workers at Trump’s golf course in Bedminster, New Jersey, said he has called New York state authorities and the FBI to look into hiring practices at the New York club.

“There was a don’t ask, don’t tell attitude at the club,” he said. “We are demanding a full investigation.”

http://time.com/5514060/trump-golf-club-immigrants-fired/

GO RV, then BV

Border security?......so the left is against Trumps plan?......what is their plan?......With the cost to the US tax payer.....drugs.....citizens lives....$$$$ in the billions to support these illegals......some deported multiple times....some felons.....returning multiple times.......again......you don't like Trumps plan?......show me your plan......or is this "status quo" acceptable?       CL

• Thanks 3

I agree, there are many issues concerning illegals.  I believe President Trump is trying to bring this issue into the limelight like he has so many things that have been kicked down the road. Here are just a few that he has or is trying to solve without much support from either Party

1. Trade deals, better deals for American workers

2.  NATO, trying to get them to pay their fair share

3. Tax laws that make our country more competitive 

4. Challenging China on currency manipulation, imbalance of trade, theft of our companies intellectual property.

5. Border Security, including clamping down on illegal voting. ( 95k found fraudulent voters in Texas alone

6. ME disruption from Iran

There are more issues that he is trying to tackle but you get the idea.  This President is a game changer in DC and DC is fighting him every inch of the way by hook or unlawful coup attempts.  

Trump is a hard guy to like, his style is that of a wrecking ball but that shouldn’t take away from the fact that he has single handily fought for change, change that our weak politicians in the past were afraid or too hesitant to handle. 

In Trump’s speech on Friday he brought up many things concerning Border Security that were 100% correct.  It is a humanitarian issue, it is a security issue because about 2% of the illegals are criminals and terrorists, it is an issue of drugs entering our country, it is an issue that illegals are costing our country billions.  He talked about the need to have immigrants to help do the work of our country, he stressed the need to do it the correct way.  He also touched on the fact that employers are exploiting illegals and that Daca kids need a solution to their dilemma. 

Take the pure politics and the hatred of one man out of the equation and it is a simple problem to solve.  Fortunately or unfortunately it all starts with a secure border which many will never support because they are too busy exploiting the situation for personal gain, ie, employers and a party that continues to enroll illegals to vote in our elections.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2