Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump Announces Temporary Shutdown Deal

Let’s see if 

1. The Dems will negotiate in good faith

2. On Feb 15th if the Dems and Reps can’t find a compromise will the President close the government again or declare a National Emergency.  

I know this looks like the President has caved ( and he has somewhat) but I see it as an effort to let Congress do their job. Let’s see if the Dems will negotiate in good faith or if they just want to continue trying to embarrass the President.  

I think this is really a good out because closing the government is never a wise option imo.  Trump was losing the PR war and a continued Government shutdown would have hurt the economy.  Border Security affects every American in some way.  This is not a subject that should be trifled with or politicized.  Both parties need to bend and reach a compromise that works for Americans. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

LGD, I don’t see this as a win for the Dems and and don’t think in the future Pelosi will have the upper hand.  If the Dems do not negotiate now they will look like obstructionists and weak on our country’s security.  If all they want to do is embarrass the President they will pay a high price come 2020.  This is still a big issue and practically every week we learn of another murder, rape, drunken car accident, MS-13 drug related crime, an opiate death, etc, etc.  It was time to quit hurting American citizens who work for our Government and put the onus back on the politicians where it belongs.

In 3 weeks if they don’t reach a compromise then President Trump will have 2 options, close the Government again or declare a National Emergency.  Declaring a National Emergency will get met with a California Federal Judge cease order, but I think a Supreme Court overrule would happen shortly thereafter.  The President has the authority under the Constitution to Declare a National Emergency.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 6

26 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

LGD, I don’t see this as a win for the Dems and and don’t think in the future Pelosi will have the upper hand.  If the Dems do not negotiate now they will look like obstructionists and weak on our country’s security.  If all they want to do is embarrass the President they will pay a high price come 2020.  This is still a big issue and practically every week we learn of another murder, rape, drunken car accident, MS-13 drug related crime, an opiate death, etc, etc.  It was time to quit hurting American citizens who work for our Government and put the onus back on the politicians where it belongs.

In 3 weeks if they don’t reach a compromise then President Trump will have 2 options, close the Government again or declare a National Emergency.  Declaring a National Emergency will get met with a California Federal Judge cease order, but I think a Supreme Court overrule would happen shortly thereafter.  The President has the authority under the Constitution to Declare a National Emergency.  

Sadly I respectfully disagree......Trump caved and allowed the Left to dictate to him. 3 weeks from now will not make any difference....the Left now knows Trump has a history of wimping out and they will now exploit that for their gain. Trump today lost the confidence of a portion of his base.....it will be hard if not impossible to regain their trust - jmo

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Trump, or the American public, can't trust Pelosi and her lackys that are in lock step with her. Yes, she won. Trump had both a heart for the Federal workers(Achilles heal) and knew the problems mounting from the TSA and Air Traffic controllers at the airports.. 

Now what needs to happen is Trump needs to go ahead and submit the national emergency order. It will go to courts and end at the SCOTUS. But he needs to go ahead and file it. Nevermind all the concessions he was going to make for DACA and extensions for at risk people. Cancel all that and start deportations the day the wall starts. Run the country by pen till 2020 because the dems have shown they won't work with Trump.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

Sadly I respectfully disagree......Trump caved and allowed the Left to dictate to him. 3 weeks from now will not make any difference....the Left now knows Trump has a history of wimping out and they will now exploit that for their gain. Trump today lost the confidence of a portion of his base.....it will be hard if not impossible to regain their trust - jmo

Im sure he has a plan. How about reopen the government temporarily, win. Wait a couple weeks. Then state of the union address stating executive order, the wall will be built by the military. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 6

I think President Trump just showed his compassion towards the government employees, more so than the Democrats have.  He didn't cave, he knew how long to hold this shutdown in the hands of the Democrats, he showed the people that Democrats weren't going to compromise, he showed the people that the Democrats didn't care about them.  Evidence is there that the Democrats did want to protect our borders, but allowed and chose their hate against Trump to hold the people hostage. Sad indeed if you liberals can't see your party's intentions.

They have 3 weeks to come up with a solution to build our wall and keep the government open.  Put pressure on your representatives.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Saturday, 26 January 2019 12:20 PM

US President Donald Trump will begin building the proposed wall on his country's border with Mexico 21 days after the end of the interim budget , the White House said on Saturday 

"Twenty-one days later, President Trump will move towards building the wall with the support of the Democrats, or otherwise," White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said in a tweet on her Twitter account. 

Trump announced Friday an agreement between the White House and Congress to end the partial government closure that has been in place for more than a month. 

"He will sign a law that will reopen the government until February 15," Trump was quoted by al-Hurra television as saying at a news conference.

"This agreement is not a concession to the construction of the wall, but to the millions of people who have been severely affected by the closure," Trump said in a statement on Saturday. "If no agreement is reached in 21 days, we will move forward," he said. , Without explaining how. 

It is noteworthy that the current interim budget agreement reopens the government without financing the border wall with Mexico, according to state media. 

The partial closure of the US government entered its second month after the failure of the White House and Congress to reach a budget agreement, with Trump insisting on including the costs of building a wall on his country's border with Mexico. 

Trump is demanding $ 5.7 billion in the budget to fund the construction of the wall, while Democrats oppose it.

In the absence of an agreement on the budget, the work of about a quarter of the federal institutions, including ministries: internal security, transport, agriculture, foreign affairs, justice, as well as public parks.
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Congratulations on your win.

15 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

And so does EVERYONE else,

ESPECIALLY SHABBS 

This is not a game, or at least it shouldn't be.  There are no winners, only innocent American workers who have been temporarily freed from inept government tyranny, with no guarantees that it won't happen again.  The difference between you and me in this case is that I actually believe negotiating pathways forward.  You only want Trump's way, as you've stated in the past.  Now maybe they'll, as a team of supposed adults, find a way to come to some amicable agreement on border security and immigration, without the government shutdown tactic that's proven to be a supremely expensive non starter.  Good morning, by the way, and kudos to you for goading me into breaking my weekend no posting rule.  Have a great weekend, brother.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Pitcher said:

1. The Dems will negotiate in good faith

2. On Feb 15th if the Dems and Reps can’t find a compromise will the President close the government again or declare a National Emergency.  

What on Gods earth makes you think that?

14 hours ago, Pitcher said:

LGD, I don’t see this as a win for the Dems and and don’t think in the future Pelosi will have the upper hand.  If the Dems do not negotiate now they will look like obstructionists and weak on our country’s security.

If you don't see the Dems and that crackpot Pelosi as having the upper hand then you're not paying attention. 

13 hours ago, markb57 said:

Trump, or the American public, can't trust Pelosi and her lackys that are in lock step with her. Yes, she won. Trump had both a heart for the Federal workers(Achilles heal) and knew the problems mounting from the TSA and Air Traffic controllers at the airports..

You're right they can't trust Pelosi but most people will now say they need to act in good faith and work for a solution, Yet the first thing

crazy Nancy did after Trumps cave was to say that he still isn't going to give a State of the Union. 

As for the Problems mounting at the TSA and ATCs, You're right again.............

Especially with the Atlanta airport, 

I mean we can't allow a minor issue like a wall interfere with the Super Bowl.

12 hours ago, jg1 said:

Im sure he has a plan. How about reopen the government temporarily, win. Wait a couple weeks. Then state of the union address stating executive order, the wall will be built by the military. 

Crazy Nancy stated just after Trumps cave that Trump will still not be able to give the State of the Union. 

And so Trump will sign an executive order to build the wall but the Dems will lock that up in court for more than two years 

and we will NOT GET THE WALL. 

Yesterday Trump just became a Politician.

Everyone believe what you want but we've seen these shenanigans for all our lives, What? now Trump does it and you think it's 

gonna be different? :facepalm1::confused:

12 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

This is not a game, or at least it shouldn't be.  There are no winners, only innocent American workers who have been temporarily freed from inept government tyranny, with no guarantees that it won't happen again.  The difference between you and me in this case is that I actually believe negotiating pathways forward.  You only want Trump's way, as you've stated in the past.  Now maybe they'll, as a team of supposed adults, find a way to come to some amicable agreement on border security and immigration, without the government shutdown tactic that's proven to be a supremely expensive non starter.  Good morning, by the way, and kudos to you for goading me into breaking my weekend no posting rule.  Have a great weekend, brother.

GO RV, then BV

only innocent American workers,  Yeah, to hell with the millions that have suffered under the crimes of illegals. You NEVER start off with 

there suffering. That shows how much you really CARE. 

The difference between you and me in this case is that I actually believe negotiating pathways forward.

Too bad that crazy Pelosi doesn't share your sentiments. 

You only want Trump's way,

Building a wall is THE ONLY WAY to stop illegal immigration, why is it that you don't understand that?

kudos to you for goading me into breaking my weekend no posting rule.

I in no way, "GOADED", you to do anything. My post that you're referring to was made yesterday afternoon. Sorry that 

you already left the office. The real reason that you broke your own rule was because YOU WON  and your pride 

couldn't wait until you were back on the clock to respond. 

• Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

If you don't see the Dems and that crackpot Pelosi as having the upper hand then you're not paying attention. 

You're right they can't trust Pelosi but most people will now say they need to act in good faith and work for a solution, Yet the first thing

crazy Nancy did after Trumps cave was to say that he still isn't going to give a State of the Union. 

As for the Problems mounting at the TSA and ATCs, You're right again.............

Especially with the Atlanta airport, 

I mean we can't allow a minor issue like a wall interfere with the Super Bowl.

Crazy Nancy stated just after Trumps cave that Trump will still not be able to give the State of the Union. 

And so Trump will sign an executive order to build the wall but the Dems will lock that up in court for more than two years 

and we will NOT GET THE WALL. 

Yesterday Trump just became a Politician.

Everyone believe what you want but we've seen these shenanigans for all our lives, What? now Trump does it and you think it's 

gonna be different? :facepalm1::confused:

only innocent American workers,  Yeah, to hell with the millions that have suffered under the crimes of illegals. You NEVER start off with 

there suffering. That shows how much you really CARE. 

The difference between you and me in this case is that I actually believe negotiating pathways forward.

Too bad that crazy Pelosi doesn't share your sentiments. 

You only want Trump's way,

Building a wall is THE ONLY WAY to stop illegal immigration, why is it that you don't understand that?

kudos to you for goading me into breaking my weekend no posting rule.

I in no way, "GOADED", you to do anything. My post that you're referring to was made yesterday afternoon. Sorry that 

you already left the office. The real reason that you broke your own rule was because YOU WON  and your pride 

couldn't wait until you were back on the clock to respond. 

I still believe in Pez. Trump. We shall see. 😀

Hey, if you dont want to post, dont look😜

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, jg1 said:

I still believe in Pez. Trump. We shall see. 😀

Hey, if you dont want to post, dont look😜

I meant no disrespect, I consider you a dear friend. 

And I too still hold out some hope for Trump, I simply have a VERY hard time dealing with him doing something that he 

repeatedly said he wouldn't do. If someone you love in a personal way, someone close to you, did that you would feel 

different. Or should I say I would. Again no dis is implied my friend. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I meant no disrespect, I consider you a dear friend. 

And I too still hold out some hope for Trump, I simply have a VERY hard time dealing with him doing something that he 

repeatedly said he wouldn't do. If someone you love in a personal way, someone close to you, did that you would feel 

different. Or should I say I would. Again no dis is implied my friend. 

Naaaa, I understand who's side your on. No worries. Take care.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

The line above that was the word “if”. Do I think they will negotiate in good faith?  Probably not. There modus operandi has been to obstruct, resist, and embarrass our President.  

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

If you don't see the Dems and that crackpot Pelosi as having the upper hand then you're not paying attention

Haha, I’m paying attention and probably read as much as you do.  Pelosi will never have the upper hand against this President.  She will obstruct every piece of Trump’s agenda going forward but Trump can veto anything the House passes.  We have a stalemate and nothing much will get done in DC in the next 2 years. Since that is the case Pelosi will try to embarrass Trump and set up the Dems for a 2020 challenge.  

President Trump was losing the PR war with the Government shutdown. By reaching a compromise he caved or retreated but he is settling the Dems up for what will come next.  This entire border security issue has become politicized to the point of insanity.  This will be a big issue going into the 2020 Elections. Imo, it is better for Trump to look like the rationale politician than the crazed clucking chicken running around in circles, Pelosi.  

LGD, I love your passion and your it’s either black or white mentality.  You are honest in your feelings and that’s all good in my book. In my business career I negotiated thousands of deals and sometimes you have to give a little to get what you want.  I think Trump has a plan and I think he’s working it.  It’s impossible to negotiate with yourself, it takes two to tango.  

The State of the union will be on Feb 5th.  

If the Dems get a court order to block the wall that order will be in front of the Supreme Court pronto, that’s what happens in a National Emergency.  It won’t take 2 years.  The President has the Constitution on his side.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV

I agree that it was a mistake on Trump's part to put these two issues into the same can of worms......The people will be back to work with full back pay........for some it will end up as a paid vacation..........Pelosi has proved how tough she is...and perhaps Trump has illustrated that he can bend.......perhaps even has a heart.......

But has anything really changed.????

In a couple of weeks Pelosi will still say no........and Trump will challenge the system with the declaration of a Border Emergency...........he will site the facts......drugs.......that cost of $$$ and American lives.....cost of billions annually of the illegals to the US........ and the issues of human trafficking............

The left will see it gets to the 9th circuit court out west......and they will prevent it......and some time later the Supreme court will overturn the 9th as they have 83% of the time in the past 5 years.......

So......just business as usual in the dysfunction governing of the US.........

With the harder times that are coming to the areas south of the US......look at Venezuela and Argentina.........it is going to be very important to have a locked down border......whether it be a wall........or whatever.........and in any combination...........the fact is when our current system is allowing illegals to return multiple times after deportation.....in some cases felons.......in some cases murdering US citizens......

Well.........the current system needs some fixing........and however it is today is inadequate................so let's look to Israel......perhaps even South Korea.....( I know......over kill).........but what is a life worth..........and between the Drugs and the crime..........it only makes sense to lock down the border.........

It will only get worse........JMO...........CL

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

In a couple of weeks Pelosi will still say no........and Trump will challenge the system with the declaration of a Border Emergency...........he will site the facts......drugs.......that cost of $$$ and American lives.....cost of billions annually of the illegals to the US........ and the issues of human trafficking............

Correct Professor, and nothing will change. If that is not the same game then I don't know what is. 

We the people are not being represented by our government, we are being enslaved by it. 

And sadly because of government education system most are to ignorant to either know it or know what to do about it. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Pitcher said:

LGD, I love your passion and your it’s either black or white mentality.  You are honest in your feelings and that’s all good in my book.

I remember my father constantly saying to me that my biggest issue is not being able to see or live in the gray area.

But I've always seen that as the place where Demons live, ie. "the grays".

This world is and forever has been BLACK AND OR WHITE. 

Gray is just another shade of Black. And I want to live in the light, there is no other place that I'd rather be, than in the light.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1