Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is there a correlation between belief in the RV and support of Trump?

EverCurious452

Subjectively, I noticed that there are lot of Trump supporters among the RV believers.  I wonder if this correlation is real.

I think it might be as Trump is against a fact based or empirical method of analyzing the world, setting policy, and evaluating the effect of that policy.  He, by his own admission, goes with his gut.   (Cards on the table) this is my main object to our President.  Some of his proposals, if he had actually done them, like changes to the tax code would find my support.  But instead he does the opposite and just claims otherwise, which I find most objectionable.   This "from the gut" methodology is of course how we ran our civilization for the first couple of thousand years.  Then in the 1600's we invented science and a mere 300 years later our modern world had come into existence.  That is not a coincidence.

To believe Trump's claims you must not follow a fact based world view.  Likewise to believe in the RV you have to ignore the basic facts of how currency works.  Thus my speculation that there may be a correlation here.

Edited by EverCurious452
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

EC,  I think there are only a few ( but very vocal )  Trump supporters  here.  Except for those with the wild belief that he holds a lot of  dinar they could care less.  I admit I voted for him as the lesser of  two evils ,  now think I was wrong.  I think many of his own party agree.

I like your point about the evolution into the modern world .  But I think Iraq is not there yet!  It is a shm democracy. Their existence revolves around the "teachings " contained in the Quoran  which limits the ability to adopt modern concepts. They are biased against non-muslims  and Christians in particular.  As a result I do  not  believe they will willingly share their wealth (RV/RI )  with non-muslims ., even if it were possible,.  Sure they take dollars for their oil  , but they have no choice.  They hold dollars in reserve , again they dont have an option. 

• Confused 2
  • Downvote 1

I think the RV payout for the non iraq people is trivial to what their gains would be. 

I am NOT sorry I voted for Prez. Trump, and the only tie between prez. Trump and a RV is, I think is most democrats have a nice cush gov. Job with a nice pension/  already and are set. For the Republicans, I think are mainly middle class struggle, living check to check and this RV is the hope they have to retire some day. 

I also think the IQD will go international, gain value and we will profit. Take care.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, jg1 said:

I think the RV payout for the non iraq people is trivial to what their gains would be. ?????

I also think the IQD will go international, gain value and we will profit. ??????

You need to explain...

HOW will the IQD GO INTERNATIONAL.   The CBI/MOF cant do that .. The International banking community must do it . Not just a bunch of people who expect to cash-in and become rich,. There will have to be a real need to trade it . AND  the CBI will have to buy it back with dollars.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, rockfl9 said:

45 minutes ago, rockfl9 said:

You need to explain...

HOW will the IQD GO INTERNATIONAL.   The CBI/MOF cant do that .. The International banking community must do it . Not just a bunch of people who expect to cash-in and become rich,. There will have to be a real need to trade it . AND  the CBI will have to buy it back with dollars.

Im thinking you have been shown before but yet you dont want to understand. 

Why is the dinar not trdeable now? It was about sanctions, right! Conditions need to be met for the dinar to be tradable again. Do I know what is left to complete for the sanctions to be lifted fully, I dont know. 

I do know eventually they will be lifted and the value will raise and when it does, I will benifit, or my kids will. Exacty when or how exactly, dont know. 

• Thanks 2

I am not saying there is a link between Trump and the RV.  After all I assert that the RV is a myth.

I am speculating that the same sort of non fact based thinking (that we all can fall prey to, its human nature) that lets you believe the things Trump says is the same sort of thinking that can lead you to believe in the RV.

jg: (hey those are my initials too! :-).  On your assertion (perhaps not meant to be taken literally?) that most democrats have cushy government jobs.  It can not be true.  There are 22 million total government workers (local, state, and federal)   There are about 44 million register Democrats.  So even if 100% of government workers were Democrats it would only be half.  And (at least at the federal level) its pretty evenly split.  So of the 44 million registered Democrats about 25% work for the the government, and that number is about the same for the Republicans.

As to your thinking that " the IQD will go international, gain value and we will profit".  For a currency to be traded it has to move around (i.e. there has to be an incentive to trade it). I don't know what the legal issues are here, but as long as the IQD is pegged no one is going to pay very much more or less for it then the CBI is offering.   So to have trading go on the CBI would have to give up the peg and let the IQD float.  With a single resrouce economy (and Iraq has a long long way to go for oil not to dominate its economy) if the currency floats oil prices cause currency fluctuation and the CBIs main goal (as stated in their docs) is currency stability.  This is why no mideast OPEC members (maybe no OPEC members period) float their currency.

Even if the CBI does float the IQD and there is an active trade in it, it's got to go way up to for most folks to make a profit.  Most paid at least 15% over the CBI rate to get it.  If you been holding it for 10 years then just to break even with inflation its got to go up about 28% plus the 15% and you're going to need nearly a 50% boost just to break even.  That a huge rise.  

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

• 4 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:24 PM, aitshioud said:

someday it will change. by 2050 if half to worlds cars are electric there wont be such a need for oil. iraq is running out of time.

Oil is needed for more than just fueling cars. Oil is needed for most things that enable you to live ytouyr life. The world economy as it stands today exists because of OIL

1 hour ago, dinarbeleiver said:

So what your saying that we wont be dependent on oil is complete rubbish tosh

About 70% of US petroleum consumption is for transportation.  Plastics are mostly made form natural gas these days.

About 35% of natural gas is for electricity generation.   So the move to electric vehicles and sustainable electricity generation as well as the move to limit disposable plastic will have a big impact on oil/gas producers .  But it will take a while.   Here's a good site on oil/gas data

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/index.php

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

it does make alot of things i agree. but energy generation will be shifting to fusion/ solar. ie tocamak reactors like ITER. we used to use horses for travel. now we still do just not in the same scope and capacity. 

Edited by aitshioud

5 hours ago, aitshioud said:

it does make alot of things i agree. but energy generation will be shifting to fusion/ solar. ie tocamak reactors like ITER. we used to use horses for travel. now we still do just not in the same scope and capacity. 

I'm extremely skeptical that fusion will play a large role in electric generation.  Even if they get it to work (i.e. net energy out), it will remain a very expensive system to install and maintain due to its very high complexity.   Photovoltaic cells (with grid scale batteries or other energy storage) on the other hand continue to rise in efficiency and drop in cost and are extremely simple.

• Downvote 1

On 6/16/2019 at 9:37 AM, EverCurious452 said:

I'm extremely skeptical that fusion will play a large role in electric generation.  Even if they get it to work (i.e. net energy out), it will remain a very expensive system to install and maintain due to its very high complexity.   Photovoltaic cells (with grid scale batteries or other energy storage) on the other hand continue to rise in efficiency and drop in cost and are extremely simple.

the same thing would have been said and were true of the first computers. large/bulky/expensive. that all changed too. all that we see isnt all that there "is". in fact there are many things locked away or held onto to slow our advancement, in some areas. why are we still using rockets when we have dna editing, cloning, nano tech,quantum computers? 

EC452: WOW ! Don't shy away from your feelings for this President much, do you? I respect that. What your working theory fails to mention is that after reviewing the empirical data on a matter before him, listening to his advisors and outside experts, and if still unsure of a final decision on the matter ... then he goes with his gut. This methodology on making gut choices, by this duly elected President of the United States, represents the lion share of his gut decisions. There are other circumstances we are sure. To insinuate that this is his only method of decision making is disingenuous.  I take umbrage at the insinuation he makes uninformed decisions. He merely makes them in ways that does not fall in line with conventional controlling deep state thought processes. Which is why we have a GDP that is at a rate above what the last administration said could never be reached within the US, ever again. Just to start. 

Edited by new york kevin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:26 PM, dinarbeleiver said:

So what your saying that we wont be dependent on oil is complete rubbish tosh

The real question is will we be as dependent on oil as before .  There will be more people and that means we will need more energy from some source. The trend is for renewable and cleaner sources.  There will always be a need for petroleum derivatives but if we can we should eliminate the harmful ones.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, aitshioud said:

the same thing would have been said and were true of the first computers. large/bulky/expensive. that all changed too. all that we see isnt all that there "is". in fact there are many things locked away or held onto to slow our advancement, in some areas. why are we still using rockets when we have dna editing, cloning, nano tech,quantum computers? 

Not really.  It was said, and was true of the first generation computers (tube based).  The 2nd generation (transistor based) were also still large though did shrink some.  The 3rd generation computers  (integrated circuit based) in the last 60s were still large, but it was predicted that they would grow ever smaller (this is the famous More's law).  That was due to shrinkage abilities inherent in lithograph (chip making).

Even large complex systems will evolve and improve of course.  There are a number of fission reactor designs that are smaller and simpler (and safer) than those in production today.  Some of that will certainly happen for fusion if it ever is commercialized.  But fission has a serious issue making this difficult in that it requires a huge amount of energy to operate.   Photovoltaics on the other hand jut have to be put in the sun and connected to the grid. 

Things "locked away or held onto to slow our advancement"?   If they are locked away so we can not know about them, then how do you know they exist? We don't actually have quantum computers (lots of work but little results and they may in fact never become practical).  What do DNA editing and nano-tech have to do with rockets?  

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, new york kevin said:

EC452: WOW ! Don't shy away from your feelings for this President much, do you? I respect that. What your working theory fails to mention is that after reviewing the empirical data on a matter before him, listening to his advisors and outside experts, and if still unsure of a final decision on the matter ... then he goes with his gut. This methodology on making gut choices, by this duly elected President of the United States, represents the lion share of his gut decisions. There are other circumstances we are sure. To insinuate that this is his only method of decision making is disingenuous.  I take umbrage at the insinuation he makes uninformed decisions. He merely makes them in ways that does not fall in line with conventional controlling deep state thought processes. Which is why we have a GDP that is at a rate above what the last administration said could never be reached within the US, ever again. Just to start. 

Yep you pegged me there my friend.  I am not a fan of (as you say and I agree) our duly elected President.

"reviewing empirical data"?  "listening to outsides experts"?  That is what Trump says but is there any evidence that it is true?  We know he will say pretty much anything if in the moment he thinks it will enhance his brand.  Tell me what data or experts are there that would say climate change is a hoax and that we should just continue to burn coal?

His lack (or so it appears to me) of any consideration of what is true leads to such contradiction as him saying that China is paying for the tariffs with billions of dollars coming into the treasure from China (which of course is just not how tariffs work) and that compares are leaving China in droves due to the tariffs (but if China is paying why would they bother?).  I agree that China IS a trade cheat but tariffs is not the way to deal with the issue.

The empirical data (from his own administration) says that crime rates in both legal and illegal immigrants are LOWER than the overall US population and his response to this is "you don't really believe that do you?"  and yes that is a direct quote.  Criminals of course exist in all groups and immigration IS an issue we need to consider and update, but he isn't doing that he is just demonizing for his own political gain.

The tax changes pretty much did the opposite of what he claims but he calls it a promise kept.  It's just a lie and if he says it often enough lots of folks will believe it.

During the camping he often said unemployment was 20% or more and the empirical figures from the BLS (that put unemployment at about 5% in 2016) were fudged.  Then he takes office and suddenly those same metrics and same methods are now correct.  Please.  He has kept the good economy going (but he did not reverse anything, he had a 7 year positive trend at his back when he took office), and that is good, but the $2 trillion he has added to the annual deficit is not sustainable.  He calls himself the "king of debt" but really he is the king of default.  He managed to get away with that in business, but it won't work for the country.   His wheeler dealer businessman image flying around NY in helicopters was larger fabricated by the producers of the apprentice.   If the image where real it would be clearly seen in his financial records and taxes and given his narcissism he would have self published them, but instead he does everything he can to keep them secret.  Why do you suppose that is the case?

He clams to be the great negotiator but what great things has he negotiated?  He claims that NAFTA is the worst ever trade agreement yet his USMCA is virtually identical (it does have a couple small improvements but those could easily have been incorporated into NAFTA and it includes the arbitration system that he railed against during the campaign).   He claims (without offering any data) that now with the USMCA companies are streaming in to the US, but of course it is not in effect as it has not been ratified by the Senate so NAFTA is still the law of the land.

I hate to say it, it really hurts, but Trump is a conman.  Our political system has devolved over the last few decades to allow such a person to come to power and Trump played the system just like he played so many people in his business life.

sorry that got a bit long.  As a data sort of guy (an engineer) he really pushes my buttons and not in a good way! :-)

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

The real question is will we be as dependent on oil as before .  There will be more people and that means we will need more energy from some source. The trend is for renewable and cleaner sources.  There will always be a need for petroleum derivatives but if we can we should eliminate the harmful ones.

Spent my life off road and Motorcycle riding in the desert. Always followed and practiced the tread lightly rule. Respect for the critters and fauna that live on our deserts . And now for the greater good thousands of square miles are being razed for solar farms. Must be no tortoises living there. Total hypocrisy 

2 hours ago, SocalDinar said:

Spent my life off road and Motorcycle riding in the desert. Always followed and practiced the tread lightly rule. Respect for the critters and fauna that live on our deserts . And now for the greater good thousands of square miles are being razed for solar farms. Must be no tortoises living there. Total hypocrisy 

What is hypocritical about it?   What would be your alternative?   Ten thousand square miles (about 0.25 % of the US land area) of photovoltaics along with our other existing sustainable sources could power the entire country.  In addition to CO2 and methane emissions fossil fuel usage has lots of other environmental costs.   If we keep going the way we are going thousands of species will go extinct (its possible we are already past that point unless we figure out how to remove carbon from the oceans and atmosphere which seems extremely difficult).  Tortoises can be relocated.   Everything we do has an impact so its always a trade off.  Trying to take the approach with the least harm for the most good as best as we can figure that out, is all we can do.

"Trading lightly" is a good policy, thanks for doing so.  But your "tread depth" so to speak is never zero.   Everything we do has an impact.   Humanity's impact overall has been pretty bad.  If we are to significantly reduce our negative impact it will also invariably shift as to just where that impact occurs.  Everything is connected.

• Downvote 1

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 12:02 AM, SocalDinar said:

I am Shure Mr.  Tortoise  is protected and might enjoy the shade.

Did you ever think of adding solar panel installation to your line of business??

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

I am Shure Mr.  Tortoise  is protected and might enjoy the shade.

Did you ever think of adding solar panel installation to your line of business??

I don't do any residential work anymore Rock. To much cheap illegal labor out there. I do have a great friend of mine who does big  solar projects for DWP.  DWP  only uses union labor..  I was going to install solar on my home and asked this friend. He said he does not have them. Why I asked.  He said because there is no guarantee that the power companies will buy your electricity back from you. The state is mandating that they reach a certain percentage of renewable energy.  Once they meet that goal they may stop buying homeowners power to put into the grid.After All they are in the business of generating and selling electricity. They are only buying it now because they have to.

It only makes sense to put solar in if you can sell excess to them during the daytime when you are not using it and have a surplus.

As far as Mr Tortoise goes they are a protected species. I'm no tree hugger by any means but want to see government play by the same rules as we have to. I was going to build a place on a property i own in the Mojave desert.  I Had to do an environmental study and was told i could not build because of a rare plant was growing on my property. 

On 6/20/2019 at 6:30 PM, SocalDinar said:

I don't do any residential work anymore Rock. To much cheap illegal labor out there. I do have a great friend of mine who does big  solar projects for DWP.  DWP  only uses union labor..  I was going to install solar on my home and asked this friend. He said he does not have them. Why I asked.  He said because there is no guarantee that the power companies will buy your electricity back from you. The state is mandating that they reach a certain percentage of renewable energy.  Once they meet that goal they may stop buying homeowners power to put into the grid.After All they are in the business of generating and selling electricity. They are only buying it now because they have to.

It only makes sense to put solar in if you can sell excess to them during the daytime when you are not using it and have a surplus.

As far as Mr Tortoise goes they are a protected species. I'm no tree hugger by any means but want to see government play by the same rules as we have to. I was going to build a place on a property i own in the Mojave desert.  I Had to do an environmental study and was told i could not build because of a rare plant was growing on my property. 

I thought that Ca. was going to require new construction to have solar !  Doesnt make sense not to guarantee the PS co would buy excess. Here in Florida there are dozens of start-ups pushing home solar .  So far I  have only seen them on commercial buildings. 

• Downvote 1

Yes they are forcing people to put solar on all new construction homes.  But no guarantee they will buy back the power you generate.

If it's profitable they will. But only at the cheapest rates like 3 cents a KWH ( nighttime and baseline rates. )  It does make the home sell faster as all the loons here want to feel good about themselves ( not the environment. ).  I do work for a company that makes specialized PV panels.  They consume a HUGE amount of electricity growing the crystals.  They said it takes 3-4 years of the panels producing energy to break even for the amount of energy consumed manufacturing them.  And most are made in China which use coal burning generation facilities.  So yes over time they may save you money and yes over time they may reduce carbon emissions.... But its not the sunshine and roses they advertise. They will last approx 20 to 25 years and must be cleaned regularly to achieve peak performance..

The system i was going to install was going to cost upwards of $25,000.  So the payback  was approx 7-10 years. 

As far as commercial building go they have negotiated rates with power companies.  Their investment is guaranteed on paper.

Another thing to note is that if your structure catches fire the fire dept will not go on the roof. They will dump water on it from the ground only. 

Pacific gas and electric requires you carry a 1 million dollar commercial liability policy for them to buy back your power. Makes sense.

If your inverter fails who pays for the damages..

Also note that if you do not have a battery system installed when the Utility companies power goes out so does your power.  The price for my system  did not include batteries which would have added another $10,000.

I do use a few panels to run my Koi pond . No inverters  I just use 12V pumps.

Long term it might make you money.  But is it a sound investment?  Sure but dont plan on seeing any money on it for a while..

OH and by the way  that plant ( The lane mountain Milk Vetch ) is no longer on my property or on my gold claims.

Poor plant just did not make it. LOL

Edited by SocalDinar

On 6/17/2019 at 1:16 PM, EverCurious452 said:

Not really.  It was said, and was true of the first generation computers (tube based).  The 2nd generation (transistor based) were also still large though did shrink some.  The 3rd generation computers  (integrated circuit based) in the last 60s were still large, but it was predicted that they would grow ever smaller (this is the famous More's law).  That was due to shrinkage abilities inherent in lithograph (chip making).

Even large complex systems will evolve and improve of course.  There are a number of fission reactor designs that are smaller and simpler (and safer) than those in production today.  Some of that will certainly happen for fusion if it ever is commercialized.  But fission has a serious issue making this difficult in that it requires a huge amount of energy to operate.   Photovoltaics on the other hand jut have to be put in the sun and connected to the grid. 

Things "locked away or held onto to slow our advancement"?   If they are locked away so we can not know about them, then how do you know they exist? We don't actually have quantum computers (lots of work but little results and they may in fact never become practical).  What do DNA editing and nano-tech have to do with rockets?  

David Hutchinson, Stanley Meyer, Dr. Tom Bearden.    re: what does DNA editing and nano-tech have to do with rockets? I was pointing out that many technological avenues  have been allowed to advance, while others linger.