Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Pope Francis: World Government Must Rule U.S. ‘For Their Own Good’

In the sea of relativism, the ship with holes in the hull will still sink.

Hebrews 6:17-20 New International Version (NIV)

17 Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. 18 God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. 19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20 where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.

New International Version (NIV)

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

Only if the emergency pumps fail.    :lol:

Yeah, I hear You, NSToolMan1, However, The Boulders AND Ice Bergs Seem To Be An Impassible Labyrinth To Traverse In The Sea Of Relativism!!! :o

Hey, the Cruise Ship Captains of the vessels on the Sea Of Relativism are NOT THAT bright, EITHER!!!

Hey, Remember The Alamo, er, Costa Concordia???!!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=Costa+Concordia+Cruise+Ship+Raised&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjEkubklIngAhUPQKwKHYbHDf8Q2-cCegQIABAC&oq=Costa+Concordia+Cruise+Ship+Raised&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.12...25754.30164..31269...0.0..0.311.2315.0j1j8j1......0....1.........33i10j30i10.846c1kGw58Q&ei=tR9LXITkJ4-AsQWGj7f4Dw&bih=454&biw=320&prmd=insv#imgrc=-0WVYfaOqOIxSM

9 hours ago, Muleslayer said:

i differ with you.

that is exactly what Matthew 16:18 says.

that's ok that we disagree.  You love our Lord Jesus as I do.  

Petros and Petra are 2 distinct words in Greek.  I'm  sure you know the word Peter is Greek is Petros which means a piece of rock, a stone or a peeble, it is moveable.

The word Petra means solid rock, a cliff, a mother rock or high mass it is immoveable.

The NT was originally written in Greek from which Latin and English were translated, so we must rely on Greek altho Jesus was probably speaking Aramaic. 

If we go back to Matt.16:13, Jesus ask His disciples "whom do men say that I the Son of man am?"

Peter answers, "You (Jesus) are the Christ, the Son of the living God".  Then Christ responded, "You are Peter (Petros, a piece of rock, a stone, a pebble, moveable) and upon THIS ROCK (Petra, solid mass, cliff, mother rock, immovable,) "I will build my  church".  Referring to Jesus, Himself.

Some people assume here that Jesus is building His church on Peter. But that is not so.  Petros (Peter) and the other Apostles will carry on and build churches after our Lord is gone but he like all men are still "little rocks, stones and pebbles "  their strength  will be in the Petra, our Lord Jesus, immovable, mother rock.  Jesus Christ is our great "ROCK" upon whom the church is built.  

in Greek the text clearly indicates the  church of Christ is built on the Petra (Jesus) not Petros (Peter)

Also, we can never pick out 1 scripture and expect it to to explain its self alone.  We must use all scripture to explain scripture.  For further explanation as Christ being the head of the church, high Priest and the "unmovable rock "  (Petra)  that should  clear this up for ya, please see : ( Deuteronomy 32:3-4, 15, 18:1)

(Cor. 10:4,  Eph. 2:20, 1Peter 2:6,  Eph 2:20, 5:23 and Col. 1:18)

thanks for your time Muleslayer

barb

Edited by learning all i can
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nstoolman1 said:

That is how a bible scholar explained to me. 

We are to have no one between us and Christ. 

It keeps fallible people out of the mix. 

Yes, that is what Gods word tell us.  Jesus is our high priest, He is our Mediator.  He is the Head of the church.  He alone is our Saviour.  WOW...WHAT A SAVIOUR 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

And yet Protestant preachers have been teaching for hundreds of years that the Catholic Church puts itself between man and God, thus leaving you with no choice but to go to the Protestant preacher and give them  your tithes.

it is not doctrine that the church puts itself between God and man. The authority of God is in the church. However, I have God living in my heart via the Holy Spirit. I can boldly go Where Angels Fear To Tread anytime I want by simply falling on my knees and talking to my God. And that is Catholic Doctrine.

I'm I'm going to attempt to explain the mystery of this Doctrine. When a Catholic priest officiates in the blessing of the sacrament of the Eucharist, the body of Christ, the actual Bread and Wine become actually body and blood of Christ. A priest has the authority to do this because the authority of God is in the priest. When any other person than a priest offers the sacrifice of the Eucharist he does so without the authority of God and thus it is only Bread and Wine.

I  personally believe that the Lord God understands and sympathizes with the hearts of Protestants who do  this, however, without the authority of Christ the ability to rise above sin that you could never do on your own is vacant. So yes, I need a priest with the authority of God in him to take the blessed sacraments. But I need no priest and no church to go to God. I hope this explains it..

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

And yet Protestant preachers have been teaching for hundreds of years that the Catholic Church puts itself between man and God, thus leaving you with no choice but to go to the Protestant preacher and give them  your tithes.

it is not doctrine that the church puts itself between God and man. The authority of God is in the church. However, I have God living in my heart via the Holy Spirit. I can boldly go Where Angels Fear To Tread anytime I want by simply falling on my knees and talking to my God. And that is Catholic Doctrine.

I'm I'm going to attempt to explain the mystery of this Doctrine. When a Catholic priest officiates in the blessing of the sacrament of the Eucharist, the body of Christ, the actual Bread and Wine become actually body and blood of Christ. A priest has the authority to do this because the authority of God is in the priest. When any other person than a priest offers the sacrifice of the Eucharist he does so without the authority of God and thus it is only Bread and Wine.

I  personally believe that the Lord God understands and sympathizes with the hearts of Protestants who do  this, however, without the authority of Christ the ability to rise above sin that you could never do on your own is vacant. So yes, I need a priest with the authority of God in him to take the blessed sacraments. But I need no priest and no church to go to God. I hope this explains it..

LGD, I do not understand most of what you have written but perhaps if you could give me scripture pointing me in the right direction I will be able to relate.

1.  your 1st paragraph and sentence threw me way off.  What do you mean?  What does tithing have to do with this?

I agree with you about being able to go to God any time and any where.  When our Lord Jesus died on the cross, the veil was torn from top to bottom.  We no longer need a high priest like in the Old Testament to do our bidding for us.  We no longer need the sacrifice of a bull or a ram.  Our sacrifice died on that cross once and for all.  We go directly to the Father with a humble heart asking for His mercy,forgiveness and blessings.  That's why we pray in the name of Jesus, HE IS OUR HIGH PRIEST.   You may call that Catholic doctrine but I call it Bibical truth straight out of Gods word.  The Catholics didn't come up with that, it's in the Bible .

2.Your paragraph about the Eucharist  is where I'm  really confused.  But I feel sure if you will point me to the right  scripture I can study and come to understand.  Also, I'm  confused about a priest having authority.  I know in the OT they did but our Lord Jesus came to fullfill the law so OT  priest are no longer needed. Just explain it to me and give me some scripture to follow up on it and I'll do some digging in Gods word.

3.  You have indicated on several occasions in your post here that (your quote) "God has made a way for Protestants to get to heaven just like Catholic". end quote.  You also said that you " believe that the Lord God understands and sympathizes with the Protestants that do this"  do what?  And also Roman's 1:16 says" For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also the Greek.....it doesn't  say anything about the Catholic first then the protestant so once again I am confused with your writings unless you are trying to say that all  non-Catholics should be grateful that God would even give us a second glance.  We are grateful  because there is non of us that deserve His love and mercy and that includes the Catholic  church.  I almost feel that you have tried to insult every man and woman here on dv that is not Catholic.  I just thought it was time that you know that our souls, our faith and our allegiance to Gods word is just as strong or stronger than your allegiance to the Catholic church.  Our salvation is just as secure as yours.  We don't need for you to worry about God understanding us or sympathizing with us.  He has given us Protestants His revelation.  He has given all of us, every one of us His promises but more than anything else He Has given us His beloved Son.  That lived a righteous life that you and I can not.  He died on the  cross and arose 3 days later and now sits at the right hand of God.  Jesus Christ alone satisfied the wrath of God that is just against you and me.  LGD, we as "Protestants " as you keep calling us  DO NOT NEED your Catholic  church nor your priest nor your pope.  We have Jesus.  He alone is the way.  No works added nothing but the sacrifice that Jesus provided on that cross.

Sorry you feel about us "Protestants " the way you do but please don't worry about us, we have been cover by the blood of Jesus just as ALL, all race,color and  creed that believe in the name of Jesus.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, learning all i can said:

I almost feel that you have tried to insult every man and woman here on dv that is not Catholic.  I just thought it was time that you know that our souls, our faith and our allegiance to Gods word is just as strong or stronger than your allegiance to the Catholic church

You bring a lot in your post that I must pray about before answering, but I wanted to clarify this now. 

I have only been a "Catholic" for less than a year. I was raised Lutheran and have sought God in several denominations. I 

most assuredly know more about the Protestant faith than I do about the Catholic faith. So believe me when I say that I have never

nor ever would "insult" members of the Protestant faith.

My "allegiance" to the Catholic faith exist only in the Authority of Christ that Jesus placed in it. My true allegiance is in Jesus Christ,

and only in him. 

As I pray for the right words to respond to the rest of your post I would "Humbly" ask you to Pray about what Jesus really meant 

when he said, "But seek ye the Kingdom of God FIRST....." 

For me all my answers were in that scriptures. :praying:

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Muleslayer said:

i differ with you.

that is exactly what Matthew 16:18 says.

Might require more then a miss represented scripture in supporting differences of biblical understanding.

The apostles did not understand Jesus’ statement to signify that Peter was the rock-mass is evident from the fact that they later disputed about who seemed to be the greatest among them. (Mr 9:33-35; Lu 22:24-26) There would have been no basis for such disputing had Peter been given the primacy as the rock-mass on which the congregation was to be built. The Scriptures clearly show that as foundation stones, all the apostles are equal. All of them, including Peter, rest upon Christ Jesus as the foundation cornerstone. (Eph 2:19-22; Re 21:2, 9-14) Peter himself identified the rock-mass (pe′tra) on which the congregation is built as being Christ Jesus. (1Pe 2:4-8) Similarly, the apostle Paul wrote: “For they [the Israelites] used to drink from the spiritual rock-mass that followed them, and that rock-mass meant the Christ.” (1Co 10:4) On at least two occasions and in two different locations the Israelites received a miraculous provision of water from a rock-mass. (Ex 17:5-7; Nu 20:1-11) Therefore, the rock-mass as a source of water, in effect, followed them. The rock-mass itself was evidently a pictorial, or symbolic, type of Christ Jesus, who said to the Jews: “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.”—Joh 7:37.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Fly said:

Might require more then a miss represented scripture in supporting differences of biblical understanding.

The apostles did not understand Jesus’ statement to signify that Peter was the rock-mass is evident from the fact that they later disputed about who seemed to be the greatest among them. (Mr 9:33-35; Lu 22:24-26) There would have been no basis for such disputing had Peter been given the primacy as the rock-mass on which the congregation was to be built. The Scriptures clearly show that as foundation stones, all the apostles are equal. All of them, including Peter, rest upon Christ Jesus as the foundation cornerstone. (Eph 2:19-22; Re 21:2, 9-14) Peter himself identified the rock-mass (pe′tra) on which the congregation is built as being Christ Jesus. (1Pe 2:4-8) Similarly, the apostle Paul wrote: “For they [the Israelites] used to drink from the spiritual rock-mass that followed them, and that rock-mass meant the Christ.” (1Co 10:4) On at least two occasions and in two different locations the Israelites received a miraculous provision of water from a rock-mass. (Ex 17:5-7; Nu 20:1-11) Therefore, the rock-mass as a source of water, in effect, followed them. The rock-mass itself was evidently a pictorial, or symbolic, type of Christ Jesus, who said to the Jews: “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.”—Joh 7:37.

What was misrepresented?

i have seen your debates in past posts. i am not your equal in word battles. therefore i limit myself to the simple question in the first line.

i have a simple life plan now.

it begins every day with a simple novena.

99% percent of the work days i go to the Perpetual adoration chapel in the church where i became catholic on my Birthday at the age of 42.

sort of a Morning version of Vespers.

one day when i was leaving a woman i had never met in my life or seen since intercepted me on the way out the door.

she said in a timid voice, i feel compel to give you this. she handed me a 4x8 sheet of card stock with the following novena printed on it.

it has COMPLETELY turned me around. the week before this happened i had to go to confession yet again.

same old sin.

the Priest said to me before the act of contrition, you feel like you should be able to white knuckle your way through don’t you?

you can not. you must surrender.

this is the Novena.

Simply put i MUST surrender to Christ.

if a priest can help guide me through it, i would be a fool to let my former Protestant Hubris get in my way.

was not the sin of Lucifer the sin of pride?

i pray for the soul of Martin Luther.

to be catholic is to be humble (if it means anything to you anyway)

Ave Maria Meditations

trust-300x118.png

THE SURRENDER NOVENA: Given by Jesus to Fr. Dolindo Ruotolo

Day 1

Why do you confuse yourselves by worrying? Leave the care of your affairs to Me and everything will be peaceful. I say to you in truth that every act of true, blind, complete surrender to Me produces the effect that you desire and resolves all difficult situations.

O Jesus, I surrender myself to You, take care of everything! (10 times)

Day 2

Surrender to Me does not mean to fret, to be upset, or to lose hope, nor does it mean offering to Me a worried prayer asking Me to follow you and change your worry into prayer. It is against this surrender, deeply against it, to worry, to be nervous and to desire to think about the consequences of anything. It is like the confusion that children feel when they ask their mother to see to their needs, and then try to take care of those needs for themselves so that their childlike efforts get in their mother’s way. Surrender means to placidly close the eyes of the soul, to turn away from thoughts of tribulation and to put yourself in My care, so that only I act; saying, “You take care of it.”

Day 3

How many things I do when the soul, in so much spiritual and material need turns to Me, looks at Me and says to Me; “You take care of it, then close its eyes and rests.” In pain you pray for Me to act, but that I act in the way you want. You do not turn to Me; instead, you want Me to adapt to your ideas. You are not sick people who ask the doctor to cure you, but rather sick people who tell the doctor how to. So do not act this way, but pray as I taught you in the Our Father: Hallowed be Thy Name, that is, be glorified in my need. Thy kingdom come, that is, let all that is in us and in the world be in accord with Your kingdom. Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven, that is, in our need, decide as You see fit for our temporal and eternal life. If you say to Me truly: Thy will be done, which is the same as saying: You take care of it. I will intervene with all My omnipotence, and I will resolve the most difficult situations.

Day 4

Do you see evil growing instead of weakening? Do not worry; close your eyes and say to Me with faith: “Thy will be done, You take care of it.” I say to you that I will take care of it, and that I will intervene as does a doctor; and I will accomplish miracles when they are needed. Do you see that the sick person is getting worse? Do not be upset, but close your eyes and say, “You take care of it.” I say to you that I will take care of it, and that there is no medicine more powerful than My loving intervention. By My love, I promise this to you.

Day 5

And when I must lead you on a path different from the one you see, I will prepare you; I will carry you in My arms; I will let you find yourself, like children who have fallen asleep in their mother’s arms, on the other bank of the river. What troubles you and hurts you immensely are your reason, your thoughts and worry, and your desire at all costs to deal with what afflicts you.

Day 6

You are sleepless; you want to judge everything, direct everything and see to everything and you surrender to human strength, or worse, to men themselves, trusting in their intervention; this is what hinders My words and My views. Oh how much I wish from you this surrender, to help you; and how I suffer when I see you so agitated! Satan tries to do exactly this: to agitate you and to remove you from My protection and to throw you into the jaws of human initiative. So, trust only in Me, rest in Me, surrender to Me in everything.

Day 7

I perform miracles in proportion to your full surrender to Me and to your not thinking of yourselves. I sow treasure troves of graces when you are in the deepest poverty. No person of reason, no thinker, has ever performed miracles, not even among the saints. He does divine works whosoever surrenders to God. So don’t think about it any more, because your mind is acute and for you it is very hard to see evil and to trust in Me and to not think of yourself. Do this for all your needs; do this all of you and you will see great continual silent miracles. I will take care of things, I promise this to you.

Day 8

Close your eyes and let yourself be carried away on the flowing current of My grace; close your eyes and do not think of the present, turning your thoughts away from the future just as you would from temptation. Repose in Me, believing in My goodness, and I promise you by My love that if you say, “You take care of it.” I will take care of it all; I will console you, liberate you and guide you.

Day 9

Pray always in readiness to surrender, and you will receive from it great peace and great rewards, even when I confer on you the grace of immolation, of repentance and of love. Then what does suffering matter? It seems impossible to you? Close your eyes and say with all your soul, “Jesus, you take care of it.” Do not be afraid, I will take care of things and you will bless My name by humbling yourself. A thousand prayers cannot equal one single act of surrender, remember this well. There is no novena more effective than this:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, learning all i can said:

LGD, I do not understand most of what you have written but perhaps if you could give me scripture pointing me in the right direction I will be able to relate.

1.  your 1st paragraph and sentence threw me way off.  What do you mean?  What does tithing have to do with this?

I agree with you about being able to go to God any time and any where.  When our Lord Jesus died on the cross, the veil was torn from top to bottom.  We no longer need a high priest like in the Old Testament to do our bidding for us.  We no longer need the sacrifice of a bull or a ram.  Our sacrifice died on that cross once and for all.  We go directly to the Father with a humble heart asking for His mercy,forgiveness and blessings.  That's why we pray in the name of Jesus, HE IS OUR HIGH PRIEST.   You may call that Catholic doctrine but I call it Bibical truth straight out of Gods word.  The Catholics didn't come up with that, it's in the Bible .

2.Your paragraph about the Eucharist  is where I'm  really confused.  But I feel sure if you will point me to the right  scripture I can study and come to understand.  Also, I'm  confused about a priest having authority.  I know in the OT they did but our Lord Jesus came to fullfill the law so OT  priest are no longer needed. Just explain it to me and give me some scripture to follow up on it and I'll do some digging in Gods word.

3.  You have indicated on several occasions in your post here that (your quote) "God has made a way for Protestants to get to heaven just like Catholic". end quote.  You also said that you " believe that the Lord God understands and sympathizes with the Protestants that do this"  do what?  And also Roman's 1:16 says" For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also the Greek.....it doesn't  say anything about the Catholic first then the protestant so once again I am confused with your writings unless you are trying to say that all  non-Catholics should be grateful that God would even give us a second glance.  We are grateful  because there is non of us that deserve His love and mercy and that includes the Catholic  church.  I almost feel that you have tried to insult every man and woman here on dv that is not Catholic.  I just thought it was time that you know that our souls, our faith and our allegiance to Gods word is just as strong or stronger than your allegiance to the Catholic church.  Our salvation is just as secure as yours.  We don't need for you to worry about God understanding us or sympathizing with us.  He has given us Protestants His revelation.  He has given all of us, every one of us His promises but more than anything else He Has given us His beloved Son.  That lived a righteous life that you and I can not.  He died on the  cross and arose 3 days later and now sits at the right hand of God.  Jesus Christ alone satisfied the wrath of God that is just against you and me.  LGD, we as "Protestants " as you keep calling us  DO NOT NEED your Catholic  church nor your priest nor your pope.  We have Jesus.  He alone is the way.  No works added nothing but the sacrifice that Jesus provided on that cross.

Sorry you feel about us "Protestants " the way you do but please don't worry about us, we have been cover by the blood of Jesus just as ALL, all race,color and  creed that believe in the name of Jesus.

PLEASE don't take this the wrong way. I wanted so much to finish this conversation but the Spirit won't allow me to. 

I feel only to ask you to continue down the path that you're on and you will be fine. 

With my deepest love always 

Scotty

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

PLEASE don't take this the wrong way. I wanted so much to finish this conversation but the Spirit won't allow me to. 

LGD - our Father won't let me get involved in this discussion either. Obedience is above what we perceive as correctness. I have enjoyed many of your posts over the years, I enjoyed your willingness to step out regarding the Garden of Eden and give it some thought, from what the Father gave me, you came close.

Unfortunately, those under the label "Christian", are so fragmented and skewed in belief as a body "supposedly" representing Jesus Christ, that God must shortly intervene, so that what little savable humanity remains, can be saved.

Look into the Apostolic house of the first called Apostle Andrew, this may deliver some value to your search.

God bless you all!

May we finish this race closer to the likeness of Christ that what we are at this moment.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ATHIM said:

LGD - our Father won't let me get involved in this discussion either. Obedience is above what we perceive as correctness. I have enjoyed many of your posts over the years, I enjoyed your willingness to step out regarding the Garden of Eden and give it some thought, from what the Father gave me, you came close.

Unfortunately, those under the label "Christian", are so fragmented and skewed in belief as a body "supposedly" representing Jesus Christ, that God must shortly intervene, so that what little savable humanity remains, can be saved.

Look into the Apostolic house of the first called Apostle Andrew, this may deliver some value to your search.

God bless you all!

May we finish this race closer to the likeness of Christ that what we are at this moment.

WOW! for the first time in many years I'm truly at a loss for words.

Your comments were directed by the Holy Spirit and exactly what I needed to hear. 

Wish that you were VIP so that we could discuss more in private. 

But PLEASE know this I will keep you forever in my deepest prayers, for I perceive you to be of the same Spirit. :praying:

• Thanks 2

1 Timothy 2:1-6 New International Version (NIV)

Instructions on Worship

I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.

New International Version (NIV)

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

• Thanks 2

On 1/25/2019 at 11:37 PM, Muleslayer said:

What was misrepresented?

i have seen your debates in past posts. i am not your equal in word battles. therefore i limit myself to the simple question in the first line.

99% percent of the work days i go to the Perpetual adoration chapel in the church where i became catholic on my Birthday at the age of 42.

one day when i was leaving a woman i had never met in my life or seen since intercepted me on the way out the door.

she said in a timid voice, i feel compel to give you this. she handed me a 4x8 sheet of card stock with the following novena printed on it.

it has COMPLETELY turned me around. the week before this happened i had to go to confession yet again.

same old sin.

the Priest said to me before the act of contrition, you feel like you should be able to white knuckle your way through don’t you?

this is the Novena.

if a priest can help guide me through it, i would be a fool to let my former Protestant Hubris get in my way.

Ave Maria Meditations

trust-300x118.png

Day 1

Why do you confuse yourselves by worrying? Leave the care of your affairs to Me and everything will be peaceful. I say to you in truth that every act of true, blind, complete surrender to Me produces the effect that you desire and resolves all difficult situations.

Day 2

Surrender to Me does not mean to fret, to be upset, or to lose hope, nor does it mean offering to Me a worried prayer asking Me to follow you and change your worry into prayer. It is against this surrender, deeply against it, to worry, to be nervous and to desire to think about the consequences of anything. It is like the confusion that children feel when they ask their mother to see to their needs, and then try to take care of those needs for themselves so that their childlike efforts get in their mother’s way. Surrender means to placidly close the eyes of the soul, to turn away from thoughts of tribulation and to put yourself in My care, so that only I act; saying, “You take care of it.”

Day 3

How many things I do when the soul, in so much spiritual and material need turns to Me, looks at Me and says to Me; “You take care of it, then close its eyes and rests.” In pain you pray for Me to act, but that I act in the way you want. You do not turn to Me; instead, you want Me to adapt to your ideas. You are not sick people who ask the doctor to cure you, but rather sick people who tell the doctor how to. So do not act this way, but pray as I taught you in the Our Father: Hallowed be Thy Name, that is, be glorified in my need. Thy kingdom come, that is, let all that is in us and in the world be in accord with Your kingdom. Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven, that is, in our need, decide as You see fit for our temporal and eternal life. If you say to Me truly: Thy will be done, which is the same as saying: You take care of it. I will intervene with all My omnipotence, and I will resolve the most difficult situations.

Day 4

Do you see evil growing instead of weakening? Do not worry; close your eyes and say to Me with faith: “Thy will be done, You take care of it.” I say to you that I will take care of it, and that I will intervene as does a doctor; and I will accomplish miracles when they are needed. Do you see that the sick person is getting worse? Do not be upset, but close your eyes and say, “You take care of it.” I say to you that I will take care of it, and that there is no medicine more powerful than My loving intervention. By My love, I promise this to you.

Day 5

And when I must lead you on a path different from the one you see, I will prepare you; I will carry you in My arms; I will let you find yourself, like children who have fallen asleep in their mother’s arms, on the other bank of the river. What troubles you and hurts you immensely are your reason, your thoughts and worry, and your desire at all costs to deal with what afflicts you.

Day 6

You are sleepless; you want to judge everything, direct everything and see to everything and you surrender to human strength, or worse, to men themselves, trusting in their intervention; this is what hinders My words and My views. Oh how much I wish from you this surrender, to help you; and how I suffer when I see you so agitated! Satan tries to do exactly this: to agitate you and to remove you from My protection and to throw you into the jaws of human initiative. So, trust only in Me, rest in Me, surrender to Me in everything.

Day 7

I perform miracles in proportion to your full surrender to Me and to your not thinking of yourselves. I sow treasure troves of graces when you are in the deepest poverty. No person of reason, no thinker, has ever performed miracles, not even among the saints. He does divine works whosoever surrenders to God. So don’t think about it any more, because your mind is acute and for you it is very hard to see evil and to trust in Me and to not think of yourself. Do this for all your needs; do this all of you and you will see great continual silent miracles. I will take care of things, I promise this to you.

Day 8

Close your eyes and let yourself be carried away on the flowing current of My grace; close your eyes and do not think of the present, turning your thoughts away from the future just as you would from temptation. Repose in Me, believing in My goodness, and I promise you by My love that if you say, “You take care of it.” I will take care of it all; I will console you, liberate you and guide you.

Day 9

Pray always in readiness to surrender, and you will receive from it great peace and great rewards, even when I confer on you the grace of immolation, of repentance and of love. Then what does suffering matter? It seems impossible to you? Close your eyes and say with all your soul, “Jesus, you take care of it.” Do not be afraid, I will take care of things and you will bless My name by humbling yourself. A thousand prayers cannot equal one single act of surrender, remember this well. There is no novena more effective than this:

Thanks for sharing; glad you’ve found a positive life change, should be a constant reminder how life is a journey.

Vespers, Novena, Contrition, Hubris, these are all words I had to look up the definition for, as I could not and still can’t even read them, seems you do well enough.

“Word battles”, this is your conversation, I’m only offering to the discussion how to recognize and understand bible truths. The word 'debate' is normally used on this forum hopping to turn the subject around when it’s not headed to ones preferred course, or a conversation stopper, or both.

Barb provided Greek word translation’s, gave a good illustration and supportive scriptures, I added supporting points with scriptures showing “What was misrepresented?” 

Do you have any sportive scriptural metals to add…if not perhaps consider why?

Since Jesus Christ, the head of the congregation, is alive, does he need a successor?

Heb. 7:23-25, JB: “Then there used to be a great number of those other priests [in Israel], because death put an end to each one of them; but this one [Jesus Christ], because he remains for ever, can never lose his priesthood. It follows, then, that his power to save is utterly certain, since he is living for ever to intercede for all who come to God through him.”

Rom. 6:9, JB: “Christ, as we know, having been raised from the dead will never die again.”

Eph. 5:23, JB: “Christ is head of the Church.”

Also; consider one of the most far reaching and important of all his statements.” And one most widely ignored by Christendom’s religious and political rulers.

John 18:36―Jesus answered: “My Kingdom is no part of this world. If my Kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my Kingdom is not from this source.”

If "to be catholic is to be humble" I will leave this, you'll enjoy learning all you find about Humility– https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200002102
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Fly said:

Thanks for sharing; glad you’ve found a positive life change, should be a constant reminder how life is a journey.

Vespers, Novena, Contrition, Hubris, these are all words I had to look up the definition for, as I could not and still can’t even read them, seems you do well enough.

“Word battles”, this is your conversation, I’m only offering to the discussion how to recognize and understand bible truths. The word 'debate' is normally used on this forum hopping to turn the subject around when it’s not headed to ones preferred course, or a conversation stopper, or both.

Barb provided Greek word translation’s, gave a good illustration and supportive scriptures, I added supporting points with scriptures showing “What was misrepresented?” 

Do you have any sportive scriptural metals to add…if not perhaps consider why?

Since Jesus Christ, the head of the congregation, is alive, does he need a successor?

Heb. 7:23-25, JB: “Then there used to be a great number of those other priests [in Israel], because death put an end to each one of them; but this one [Jesus Christ], because he remains for ever, can never lose his priesthood. It follows, then, that his power to save is utterly certain, since he is living for ever to intercede for all who come to God through him.”

Rom. 6:9, JB: “Christ, as we know, having been raised from the dead will never die again.”

Eph. 5:23, JB: “Christ is head of the Church.”

Also; consider one of the most far reaching and important of all his statements.” And one most widely ignored by Christendom’s religious and political rulers.

John 18:36―Jesus answered: “My Kingdom is no part of this world. If my Kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my Kingdom is not from this source.”

If "to be catholic is to be humble" I will leave this, you'll enjoy learning all you find about Humility– https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200002102

Fly, that is one of the best put together pieces on humility that I've ever read.  I'm afraid that I fail humbleness most miserably.  My/our pride and flesh seems to war daily with seeking to be above others and even coming before God.  I'm gonna save this piece and hopefully will refer back to it when I find my ego and pride overwhelming me.  Thanks for sharing,  I hope all will read it, a lesson for all to live by. 

LORD help us all to fall humbly before your throne.

barb

On 1/26/2019 at 12:37 AM, Muleslayer said:

What was misrepresented?

same old sin.

this is the Novena.

Ave Maria Meditations

trust-300x118.png

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7

Day 8

Day 9

Muleslayer, your testimony is powerful,  thankyou for sharing.  It would seem that our Lord waited for both of us to receive His saving grace later in life. (I was 52).  Much baggage and sin to overcome but in His mercy, He has promised never to look upon that sin again.  Now we must do all we can to be obedient to His world and believe with all our hearts and depend on Him and His promises.  I know that I have so far more to reach for but everyday He carries me now.  He will see me thru until the end even tho I continuously fall.  

thankyou for sharing,  you have done my heart good.

barb

23 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

WOW! for the first time in many years I'm truly at a loss for words.

On 1/24/2019 at 10:24 AM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

When we are at a loss for words, the Father has an opportunity to speak.

As a response to this threads banter: The Gospel is a sharp two-edged sword, capable of bringing life and death to the deliverer and the recipient. The place from which we respond is a beacon as to where we are. 

LGD, if you have time, I think it would greatly edify your Spirit reading the works of St. John Chrysostom.

I very much look forward to meeting you, and sadly, I don't think it will be long before I do. (You get it.) Transmission concluded.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ATHIM said:

I think it would greatly edify your Spirit reading the works of St. John Chrysostom.

I very much look forward to meeting you, and sadly, I don't think it will be long before I do. (You get it.)

Thank you my dear Friend, I will look him up. And Yes I do get it:praying:

• Upvote 1

This topic has been on my mind so much i have spoken to a priest about it.

in short the first priest i spoke to dismissed it out of hand.

citing that he seriously doubts the Pope actually called the reporter.

I think LGD nailed it when he said "fake news".

now this priest is young. i doubt he is much into his forties. so i spoke with another priest via text who is well aged 80 +.

he was on vacation at the time and begged off until he returned home to speak with me face to face.

citing "it is difficult to have this kind of conversation over text".

i am comfortable that the Pope never said we need one world government.

everyone here must make their own decision.

Edited by Muleslayer
Punctiation
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Muleslayer said:

This topic has been on my mind so much i have spoken to a priest about it.

in short the first priest i spoke to dismissed it out of hand.

citing that he seriously doubts the Pope actually called the reporter.

I think LGD nailed it when he said "fake news".

now this priest is young. i doubt he is much into his forties. so i spoke with another priest via text who is well aged 80 +.

he was on vacation at the time and begged off until he returned home to speak with me face to face.

citing "it is difficult to have this kind of conversation over text".

i am comfortable that the Pope never said we need one world government.

everyone here must make their own decision.

Thanks for letting us know Mr. G. 

I find it more than a little difficult to buy this story. But Bill O'Reilly, who is also Catholic, said yesterday that "IF" Pope 

Francis said anything like that he would have been coming at it from the perspective of faith and his lifelong experiences 

living in Argentina. A third world and impoverished nation.Though even Bill didn't really think that Pope Francis made the remarks. 

• Upvote 2