Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Pope Francis: World Government Must Rule U.S. ‘For Their Own Good’

Jesus, seated at the right hand of the Father, is High Preist, Prophet,and King, and therefore Head of His Church and requires NO pope.  Satan, whose throne is on this earth since he was cast out of heaven where Gods throne is, has set up his throne here at the Vatican, has set up all the imposter popes as a Jesus (head of the Church) imposter.  Satan imitates everything God does.  Apostle Paul warns over and over about coming false prophets.  If u visit the Vatican on the right day, youll witness 12 new cardinals or whatever seeking a promotion, laying face down prostrate around the Bernini throne of the pope.  No born again saved man of God would ever allow that to happen before him.  Old and New Testament Angels told numerous people to get off their knees immediately and to worship God ONLY.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Hebrews 1:1-4 New International Version (NIV)

God’s Final Word: His Son

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

New International Version (NIV)

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

1 Timothy 2:5-6 New International Version (NIV)

For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Hebrews 7:23-26 New International Version (NIV)

23 Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely[a]those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

26 Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens.

Footnotes:

1. Hebrews 7:25 Or forever

Colossians 1:15-18 New International Version (NIV)

The Supremacy of the Son of God

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

Isaiah 14:12 New International Version (NIV)

12 How you have fallen from heaven,
    morning star, son of the dawn!
You have been cast down to the earth,
    you who once laid low the nations!

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 New International Version (NIV)

13 For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

Matthew 4:10 New International Version (NIV)

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[a]

Footnotes:

1. Matthew 4:10 Deut. 6:13

Romans 14:9-12 New International Version (NIV)

For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister[a]? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. 11 It is written:

“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
‘every knee will bow before me;
    every tongue will acknowledge God.’”[b]

12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

Footnotes:

1. Romans 14:10 The Greek word for brother or sister (adelphos) refers here to a believer, whether man or woman, as part of God’s family; also in verses 13, 15 and 21.
  2. Romans 14:11 Isaiah 45:23

Well said SouthBeach. Thank You.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

It's called, "FAKE NEWS". 

Think about the reporters statement from the beginning, 

“Last Thursday, I got a call from Pope Francis,” Scalfari reported. “It was about noon, and I was at the newspaper when my phone rang.”

He said Pope Francis had been watching Putin and Trump at the G20 and had become agitated. The Pope demanded to see him at four that afternoon,..."

So Google wants us to believe that the Pope, a man who lives at the Vatican under the most benevolent and peaceful atmosphere 

on the earth, and SUDDENLY he got "agitated" by watching the G20 summit? 

Then he decides to "Personally" pick up the phone and give some obscure reporter a call? 

WHAT A CROCK THAT IS.

Imagine the arguable most powerful man alive having an issue with his computer and then, "BOOM", he says "I think I'm gonna call 

muleslayer and "DEMAND" that he get here by lunch to fix it". 

I'm not going to say what kind of person one would have to be to believe such dribble. 

I tend to agree but if this "fake News" is fake news (i hope so) then it served it's purpose. look at the division just in this thread for conformation.

my gut goes with Synopses and say μολὼν λαβέ. in the interest of attempting adult hood i am looking for solid info of the truth of this news article.

still i will take a guarded approach to this.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

In my opinion, Pope Francis emanates Jesus Christ's love of all people more than any other Pope in my short 52 years on this earth.....Sadly, it will be his downfall.  

GO RV, then BV

it is rare that you say something that i admire, but nonetheless!

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

You have that backwards, my friend.....You snapped like a rubber band....and in the process gave all the other peeps who attacked Pope Francis a pass, most likely because they are the like minded folks you side with on every other issue.  And make no mistake, I wasn't debating.  I was defending a man I view as a wonderful humanitarian, who does his very best to spread the Love of Christ.....and he gets beat down for it, mostly because of Catholicism and the opposing positions of people who don't respect a person's right to religious freedom.  That ain't me.  I'll just consider the apology you owe me as "lost in the mail", no worries.  ;) 

GO RV, then BV

If you feel that I owe you an apology, then please accept my apologies. I made two points here, and only two points, first the news you read about supposed comments from Pope Francis are most likely not true. I know this because I follow him as a Catholic on his Twitter feed and it Church news. Second I enjoy debating you. If you wish me to stop just ask. And thirdly I would like to make another point, having grown up my entire life being a Protestant and now wholeheartedly, emphatically devoted to my current Faith the Catholic Church I have come to learn one very important lesson at that is that while God has made a way for Protestants to get to heaven just like Catholics, trying to debate a Protestant about Catholic faith and issues of the Catholic church and the need for a pope from Peter on down to Pope Francis is ridiculous at best. I was a Protestant, and I can assure you they have blinded themselves from the truth for their own pleasure. I will speak no more of this, than that, in this thread.

23 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

In my opinion, Pope Francis emanates Jesus Christ's love of all people more than any other Pope in my short 52 years on this earth.....Sadly, it will be his downfall.  

GO RV, then BV

I'm not talking about this specific sase......

But in general in recent years  with much or most of the political world moving toward the right ( and he's from Argentina, a Country which had a HORRIBLE   fascist military dictatorship  1976-1983 with about 50,000 murders) Pope Francis has been one  (at times the only one) of the advocates of human rights ....

I of course do NOT believe in his total infallibility....He's  a human being and can be wrong at times...JMHO

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

If you feel that I owe you an apology, then please accept my apologies. I made two points here, and only two points, first the news you read about supposed comments from Pope Francis are most likely not true. I know this because I follow him as a Catholic on his Twitter feed and it Church news. Second I enjoy debating you. If you wish me to stop just ask. And thirdly I would like to make another point, having grown up my entire life being a Protestant and now wholeheartedly, emphatically devoted to my current Faith the Catholic Church I have come to learn one very important lesson at that is that while God has made a way for Protestants to get to heaven just like Catholics, trying to debate a Protestant about Catholic faith and issues of the Catholic church and the need for a pope from Peter on down to Pope Francis is ridiculous at best. I was a Protestant, and I can assure you they have blinded themselves from the truth for their own pleasure. I will speak no more of this, than that, in this thread.

Apology accepted.

34 minutes ago, umbertino said:

But in general in recent years  with much or most of the political world moving toward the right ( and he's from Argentina, a Country which had a HORRIBLE   fascist military dictatorship  1976-1983 with about 50,000 murders) Pope Francis has been one  (at times the only one) of the advocates of human rights ....

I of course do NOT believe in his total infallibility....He's  a human being and can be wrong at times...JMHO

Couldn't have said it any better, my friend.  

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, umbertino said:

I pray to God that you don't believe I think he's infallible, quite the contrary. He is a man of sin like all the rest of us, however the authority of Christ that is Indian is a different story altogether.

There is nothing Bibical about Peter ever being a Pope.  This is tradition only made by the Catholic church.  Most Protestant churches believe in Scripture alone/sola scriptura.  We do not depend on "lost books" nor do we depend on the writings or traditions of the church for they are not the word of God.

Scripture nowhere declares or indicates that Peter was in authority or had authority over the other Apostles or having primacy.

The Bible says nothing about Peter ever traveling to ROME. In fact when the gospel ends Peter is in Jerusalem.  It also states this in the book of Acts.  Peter spoke Aramic.  The Roman empire was a city where the dominate language was Latin and Greek.  Before Jesus made Peter an Apostle he was a fisherman and likely not very educated.  He was not the type to travel across the Roman empire.  Plus if we back track all of his travels in the NT we find all his locations listed and never once was Rome part of his iteniery.  NO WHERE EVER DOES IT PLACE HIM IN ROME.

Peter was a Jew made Apostle by our Lord Jesus Christ.  The Chatholic church made him a Pope by their own standards and tradition.  We really need to consider,search and study Gods word before we take for granted what others may say as truth. Just always be on guard, know Gods word.

barb

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, learning all i can said:

There is nothing Bibical about Peter ever being a Pope.  This is tradition only made by the Catholic church.  Most Protestant churches believe in Scripture alone/sola scriptura.  We do not depend on "lost books" nor do we depend on the writings or traditions of the church for they are not the word of God.

Scripture nowhere declares or indicates that Peter was in authority or had authority over the other Apostles or having primacy.

The Bible says nothing about Peter ever traveling to ROME. In fact when the gospel ends Peter is in Jerusalem.  It also states this in the book of Acts.  Peter spoke Aramic.  The Roman empire was a city where the dominate language was Latin and Greek.  Before Jesus made Peter an Apostle he was a fisherman and likely not very educated.  He was not the type to travel across the Roman empire.  Plus if we back track all of his travels in the NT we find all his locations listed and never once was Rome part of his iteniery.  NO WHERE EVER DOES IT PLACE HIM IN ROME.

Peter was a Jew made Apostle by our Lord Jesus Christ.  The Chatholic church made him a Pope by their own standards and tradition.  We really need to consider,search and study Gods word before we take for granted what others may say as truth. Just always be on guard, know Gods word.

barb

You're correct, and this is EXACTLY why it's ridiculous to try and explain Catholic doctrine to Protestants. 

2 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

You're correct, and this is EXACTLY why it's ridiculous to try and explain Catholic doctrine to Protestants. 

then why would you tell Shabbs that he was a Pope?  And you are correct in stating that this is Chatholic doctrine, NOT BIBICAL TRUTH according to the word of God.

• Thanks 1

A pastor friend was recently presenting a study on the Holy Spirit and made a statement that I knew in essence was true but the profoundness still continues to come back to me and requires more exploration and consideration. It also goes a long way inexplaining the general impotence of the Body of Christ in today's culture and society....."Any thing that serves to divide the Body of Christ is not from the Holy Spirit".  Thoughts?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

9 minutes ago, learning all i can said:

Easy now, no need for another Crusade......In this country we are extended a Constitutional Right to Freedom of Religion.  My journey with Christ is a personal one, so please leave me out of it as a talking point.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DinarDavo said:

A pastor friend was recently presenting a study on the Holy Spirit and made a statement that I knew in essence was true but the profoundness still continues to come back to me and requires more exploration and consideration. It also goes a long way inexplaining the general impotence of the Body of Christ in today's culture and society....."Any thing that serves to divide the Body of Christ is not from the Holy Spirit".  Thoughts?

My thought is your pastor friend is exactly right but one must always be prepared to defend the truth.  God gave us His Word and revelation that all may came to the saving grace of God.  All Nations, Jew and Gentile alike.  One must carry truth before the others can receive faith.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, learning all i can said:

then why would you tell Shabbs that he was a Pope?  And you are correct in stating that this is Chatholic doctrine, NOT BIBICAL TRUTH according to the word of God.

When you come at me with a statement of fact," there is nothing biblical about Peter ever being a Pope", you present yourself as unwilling to hear anything but what you believe. And in doing so you're setting the conversation up as an argument rather than a debate. I stated that you are correct because the Protestant Faith absolutely believes there is no biblical evidence that Peter was a Pope. And I told Shabbs that Peter was the first Pope because historical documents clearly show that to be the case.

October 31st 1517.

Most Protestants don't know enough about their own faith to realize the importance of that date. It was on October 31st 1517 when a young priest named Martin Luther signed his Theses and nailed it to the Bishops door. Then he left the church and went to Germany. He did this because his Theses was so against what was at the time Catholic Doctrine he knew it would be a death sentence. This proves two things, at that time like all time the Catholic Church had instituted doctrines there were not in alignment with the word of God. And the second thing, the Protestant Faith didn't exist for the first 1517 years after the death of Christ. The only church for the first 1517 years since Christ was the Catholic Church. I'm not saying that the Catholic church is without its faults, far be it. Like all institutions where men are involved sin will follow. But the Lord Jesus Christ layed his hands on the apostles and gave them his authority when he gave them the Holy Spirit. That Authority has been passed down from Pope to Pope, priest to priest for over two thousand years.

Most assuredly a Protestant can be filled with the Holy Spirit. But if one truly seeks the kingdom of heaven one will only come to the conclusion, that to receive the fullness of the authority that is in Jesus Christ one must follow all doctrines as Christ set up. That Authority exist in the sacraments that Christ set up from the Gospels at is only practice today in the Catholic Church. However, I fear that is something a lot of Catholics have forgotten also.

It should be noted that in 1517 when Martin Luther a priest left the Catholic Church to create the Protestant faith he divided the body of Christ. His motives for doing so what 100% correct, his actions were 100% wrong. As a member of the body of Christ Martin Luther should have changed the church from within and brought it back to its original Origins.

2 hours ago, umbertino said:

Read more  

Couldn't have said it any better, my friend.  

GO RV, then BV

End Quote

Thanks Bro.....Sorry....Ran out of pluses ( as usual)

• Upvote 1

That is why the Reformation started.  Martin Luther, John Calvin and many others exposed the Catholic church.  They exposed when our Lord Jesus died on the cross, " the veil was torn"  there was no need for a go between,  we have direct access to God thru our Savior Jesus Christ.  This is only one of the 44 thesis that Luther exposed then came the Reformation, no longer held captive by the Catholic church and their control of religious freedom.  Once again, the Catholic church claims supremacy but it is only their tradition.  They claim Peter as Pope but only as tradition.  Jesus never appointed one apostle over another.  Luther exposed all the falsehoods of the Catholic church as written in God's word/Bible, not made up rules of the Catholic church.   YES, this is church history.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, learning all i can said:

That is why the Reformation started.  Martin Luther, John Calvin and many others exposed the Catholic church.  They exposed when our Lord Jesus died on the cross, " the veil was torn"  there was no need for a go between,  we have direct access to God thru our Savior Jesus Christ.  This is only one of the 44 thesis that Luther exposed then came the Reformation, no longer held captive by the Catholic church and their control of religious freedom.  Once again, the Catholic church claims supremacy but it is only their tradition.  They claim Peter as Pope but only as tradition.  Jesus never appointed one apostle over another.  Luther exposed all the falsehoods of the Catholic church as written in God's word/Bible, not made up rules of the Catholic church.   YES, this is church history.

I wish to thank you for the restraint you displayed in your response. Once again you are correct in your beliefs.

1 hour ago, learning all i can said:

One must carry truth before the others can receive faith.

I believe the crux of the matter goes back to what Pontius Pilate asked Jesus at His trial, “What is truth?” IMHO, until we are all willing to tear down the walls of division found in the column headed “Traditions of Men”,  and separate them from the absolute Truths found in scripture, we will never, collectively or individually, experience the the magnitude of unity, love, power, and wisdom that the one true living God desires to impart to believers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Revelation 22 
New American Standard Bible  Par ▾ 
The River and the Tree of Life

1Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb,2in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3There will no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His bond-servants will serve Him; 4they will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads. 5And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever.

6And he said to me, “These words are faithful and true”; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must soon take place.

7“And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book.”

8I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed me these things. 9But he said to me, “Do not do that. I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brethren the prophets and of those who heed the words of this book. Worship God.”

* I am not saying to anyone who is a Catholic, not to remain is a House of God where you are being fed spiritually, with food and not just milk. I am stating the sanctity of the Word of God is paramount to a Spiritual Leaders interpretation or mis-interpretatipon of it for the purpose of saving souls. If anyone Franklin Graham or Pope Francis deviates from this, they fall outside of the Great Comission and Gods will to save as many souls as possible because He is going to create a new heaven on earth in the end anyway.

So if what your spiritual leader promotes what is not in the word of God, and you ask for the biblical justification for what they said so you can grow as a believer in Christ, and  they cannot or will not provide it, you should hold them to the word of God as it is written. Absent of that you should pray about what to do, up to and including if God can direct you to a House of God where the past, present, and futures words and moves of God are backed up by the bible.  Why? Because those Spiritual leaders that deviate from the word of God, regardless of how loved they are have become false prophets and blasphemers as spoken about in Revelations. Sticking your head in the sand and not looking at what God and His word says about a thing, will not make you a better "Christian" or  more devoted regardless of what denomination you adhere to. God looks at the heart and not the outside. Again, follow the word of God so you will not be led astray by a false teacher. That is what a mature Christian should be doing. Thus, follow the word of God and not the man behind the pulpit.

Revelation 19:20 - And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Edited by new york kevin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My simple thoughts after spending many years inside the church and observing...

Beliefs require faith, with little to no evidence. Beliefs often require constant validation form others, approval so to speak, based upon a certain framework, ideology, etc.

Perhaps a better description of what many call "truth" would be "hopeful speculation" when it comes to religious matters, no matter the label.

Truth never needs defended, it stands on its own, it is evident. What does need defended are beliefs and various ideologies that need constant validation, but cannot be "proven" due to lack of evidence.

The truth is many of these matters have resulted throughout history in violence, forced conversions, and always appears to have a large element within for control and power over others by organized religion that is often more concerned about what wealth a person has rather than the love and peace of god.

What happens too often is folks trying to protect their beliefs while hearing things that may challenge them.

What matters most to me is a person's character, integrity, and the bottom line universal message of most religions...treat others as you would have them treat you. Love your neighbor as yourself,  in which we humans have still not understood that...and would rather fight about what we want to be true.

If we fail in that, treating others how we desire to be treated, we fail in all of it, and it becomes little more than empty noise and pounding of chests as to who has "truth". Not a single person if they are honest, can with 100% certainty claim what they believe is "truth".

The best any of us can do is learn how to treat fellow humans with dignity and respect from the heart. The rest is noise and a bunch of threats people use against each other. Spirituality is personal, no validation needed while seeking peace and unity. Unity never comes from "doctrinal purity" which usually divides, true unity is of the heart.

We all know what is most powerful out of faith, hope and love...if the church wants unity, they better get back to love or it all falls apart. Love is patient, love is kind...it never torments nor treats another with contempt.

Edited by Jim1cor13
  • Upvote 1