Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

YELLOW VEST UPDATES

The Far Right Is Trying to Co-opt the Yellow Vests

The French protests have participants on the left and right, but splinter movements abroad draw more xenophobes and anti-government conspiracy theorists.

01.08.19 5:14 AM ET

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-far-right-is-trying-to-co-opt-the-yellow-vests

Yellow Vest Claims Movement Has ‘Paramilitaries’ Ready to Overthrow Macron

08af73_hundreds-yellow-vest-protesters-champs-elysees-on-saturday-france-yellow

Gilets Jaunes (Yellow Vest) movement member Christophe Chalençon announced that the anti-establishment movement has “paramilitaries” ready to overthrow the French government.

Mr Chalençon made the claim following an interview with Italian media this week after being asked about his meeting with Five Star Movement leader Luigi Di Maio earlier this month BFMTV reports.

Despite the interview being over, the cameras kept recording and published the remarks of Chalençon who said, “I know I’m risking a lot, I can get shot in the head anytime, but I’ll be at the end of my convictions, because if they put a bullet in my head, Macron will be placed in the guillotine.”

“We have come to such a point of confrontation, that if they kill me, he is dead too because the people come back to the Elysée and they will dismantle everything… There are many of us like that,” he said, and added: “We have paramilitaries who are ready to intervene because they also want to bring down the government.”

Following the broadcast of the footage, Five Star Movement leader Luigi Di Maio distanced himself from Chalençon, saying: “We do not talk with those who talk about armed struggle or civil war” — despite previously meeting Chalençon and discussing various topics with him and other Yellow Vest members for two hours.

The meeting between Di Maio, who along with Matteo Salvini acts as Deputy Prime Minister of Italy, and the Yellow Vests greatly increased existing tensions between Italy and France, resulting in France recalling its ambassador to Italy.

French Interior Minister Christophe Castaner also reacted to the statements by Chalençon with a degree of ridicule, asking if the statement was, “an Italian comedy or just a personal delirium?”

The comments of Chalençon come after another Yellow Vest figure, Eric Drouet, received a police visit back in December after going on French television and saying the protesters were ready to storm the Elysee Palace.

French Media Claims 150 Yellow Vests Have Their Phones Tapped

6vn0LYX3?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Yellow Vest Claims Movement Has ‘Paramilitaries’ Ready to Overthrow Macron

08af73_hundreds-yellow-vest-protesters-champs-elysees-on-saturday-france-yellow

Gilets Jaunes (Yellow Vest) movement member Christophe Chalençon announced that the anti-establishment movement has “paramilitaries” ready to overthrow the French government.

Mr Chalençon made the claim following an interview with Italian media this week after being asked about his meeting with Five Star Movement leader Luigi Di Maio earlier this month BFMTV reports.

Despite the interview being over, the cameras kept recording and published the remarks of Chalençon who said, “I know I’m risking a lot, I can get shot in the head anytime, but I’ll be at the end of my convictions, because if they put a bullet in my head, Macron will be placed in the guillotine.”

“We have come to such a point of confrontation, that if they kill me, he is dead too because the people come back to the Elysée and they will dismantle everything… There are many of us like that,” he said, and added: “We have paramilitaries who are ready to intervene because they also want to bring down the government.”

Following the broadcast of the footage, Five Star Movement leader Luigi Di Maio distanced himself from Chalençon, saying: “We do not talk with those who talk about armed struggle or civil war” — despite previously meeting Chalençon and discussing various topics with him and other Yellow Vest members for two hours.

The meeting between Di Maio, who along with Matteo Salvini acts as Deputy Prime Minister of Italy, and the Yellow Vests greatly increased existing tensions between Italy and France, resulting in France recalling its ambassador to Italy.

French Interior Minister Christophe Castaner also reacted to the statements by Chalençon with a degree of ridicule, asking if the statement was, “an Italian comedy or just a personal delirium?”

The comments of Chalençon come after another Yellow Vest figure, Eric Drouet, received a police visit back in December after going on French television and saying the protesters were ready to storm the Elysee Palace.

French Media Claims 150 Yellow Vests Have Their Phones Tapped

6vn0LYX3?format=jpg&name=600x314

Toally agreed on that one....Italian Vice Prime Minister  (and also minister of labor) Luigi Di Maio ( who is just 32 and knows nothing, but some Italians like him so much) was naive at best or worse for going over to France and talk to that Yellow vest representative  instead of getting more info on him BEFORE going

A plus from me, LGD

Edited by umbertino

The vid of that Yellow vest  right-wing guy is making the rounds on all TV channels here in Italy and all over Europe  as he stated that in order the overthrow the EU setting he will be ready to call his paramilitary friends......

Mr. Di Maio ( and his party 5 Star movement, which is currently at the Gov't along with Lega.....SIGH) shot himself  in the foot with that one.....

No dialogue with armed Yellow Vests - Di Maio

M5S leader says 'welcome back' to French ambassador

Redazione ANSA Rome
15 February 201914:03 News

069a659f7cb5ba184cc4fbbc2945aee6.jpg

Luigi Di Maio, Italy's Vice Prime Minister and Minister of Labor  & economic Development
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

He was forced to get into reverse gear ....Obviously....But only after screwing up....As usual

• 2 weeks later...

Still at it week 16......kind of peaceful......but is spreading to neighboring countries.....

Tear gas v flowers: Yellow Vests march through Paris for 16th week in a row (WATCH LIVE)

Published time: 2 Mar, 2019 13:35 Protesters take part in an anti-government demonstration called by the "Yellow Vest" movement, on the Champs-Elysees avenue in Paris on March 2 © AFP / Eric Feferberg Protesters take part in an anti-government demonstration called by the "Yellow Vest" movement, on the Champs-Elysees avenue in Paris on March 2 © AFP / Eric Feferberg
Yellow Vest protesters have taken to the streets of Paris for the 16th consecutive week. While some enjoyed a friendly chat with police officers, others faced tear gas after trying to break off from a pre-approved marching route.

Unlike previous demonstrations, Paris officials authorized a designated route for Saturday’s “Act 16” anti-government marchers – a span of road beginning at the Arc de Triomphe and ending at Place Denfert-Rochereau in the south of the city.

In contrast to the chaotic clashes with police during previous protests, photographs and videos reveal a largely peaceful, orderly demonstration.

A protester uses his phone to take a selfie with Eric Drouet (L), one of the leading figures of the 'Yellow Vest' movement, on the sidelines of an anti-government demonstration held in Paris, on March 2, 2019. © AFP / Eric Feferberg A protester uses his phone to take a selfie with Eric Drouet (L), one of the leading figures of the 'Yellow Vest' movement, on the sidelines of an anti-government demonstration held in Paris, on March 2, 2019. © AFP / Eric Feferberg

Protesters take part in an anti-government demonstration called by the "Yellow Vest" movement, on the Champs-Elysees avenue in Paris, on March 2, 2019. © AFP / Eric Feferberg Protesters take part in an anti-government demonstration called by the "Yellow Vest" movement, on the Champs-Elysees avenue in Paris, on March 2, 2019. © AFP / Eric Feferberg

Videos taken by an RT France reporter even showed Yellow Vests and French police chatting amiably, with one protester even offering a riot cop a flower.

Police, however, later used tear gas on demonstrators who attempted to defy the pre-approved protest route by marching down New York Avenue.

Similar marches are being held across France, but activists have expressed concern that the movement is losing momentum.

One Yellow Vest group on Facebook has called on demonstrators to return to the movement’s “spontaneous”roots with unsanctioned protests held at unauthorized locations.

The Yellow Vest movement began in November 2018 after French President Emmanuel Macron announced controversial tax hikes. Over 2,000 people have been arrested since the demonstrations began, and dozens of protesters have been injured during violent clashes with police.

Macron called for a “return to calm” on Friday, denouncing the “intolerable” violence that has resulted from the weeks of protests.

amp-iframe-placeholder.jpg

Like this story? Share it with a friend!

MORE FROM RT.COM
Russian President Vladimir Putin © Alexei Druzhinin

Russian President Vladimir Putin © Alexei DruzhininSputnik

17 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

If you Wanna know Where We 

are in The Grand Scheme of 

Things, Biblically Speaking...........

And violence Filled the Earth

And I do agree with their protest....The guy is seeking a 5th mandate and he's 92, I believe....

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-47432723

On the other hand....The Yellow vest protest is seemingly starting to lose its grip

The numbers are thinning ( compared to the beginning)

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/03/02/589990/France-Yellow-Vest-protest-Macron

like the article you posted above where the numbers are thinning and Macron isn't listening. He doesn't have to. He has an army of police squashing the protesters, right? Yellow Vest didn't make their plight loud enough and hard enough to make it stick. As far as guns blazing, I don't think most Europeans are allowed guns so it's a moot point. People of Europe are subjects, not citizens.

3 minutes ago, markb57 said:

like the article you posted above where the numbers are thinning and Macron isn't listening. He doesn't have to. He has an army of police squashing the protesters, right? Yellow Vest didn't make their plight loud enough and hard enough to make it stick. As far as guns blazing, I don't think most Europeans are allowed guns so it's a moot point. People of Europe are subjects, not citizens.

Ok....Thanks for your reply

'My hand was hanging from my wrist': gilets jaunes protesters mutilated by police weapons

Antoine lost his hand during a gilets jaunes (yellow vest) protest in Bordeaux

Ross Domoney, Mathilde Boudon-Lamraoui, Alex Healey, Nathalie Kantaris Diaz, Daniel Murphya, Maeve Shearlaw and Katie Lamborn, Source: Guardian

Thu 7 Mar 2019 14.00 GMT

Vid

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2019/mar/07/my-hand-was-hanging-from-my-wrist-gilets-jaunes-protesters-mutilated-by-police-weapons

France’s gilets jaunes target luxury shops and restaurant in protests

Masked demonstrators clash with police in Paris as they smash Le Fouquet’s restaurant

4786.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=bc106b71736e802831cc36034fe2dc28
Gilets jaunes protesters set up a barricade with fire on the Champs-Élysées during the 18th consecutive Saturday national protest
Photograph: Anadolu Agency/Getty Images

More pics

It seems the yesterday's rally in Paris got infiltrated by  1,500 casseurs / black bloc who destroyed many shops ( even broke into and robbed almost everything in the famous "Bulgari" jewellery)....Sad
Edited by umbertino

1 hour ago, coorslite21 said:

They did alot of damage this past weekend.....weather is getting better......watch out...!

The real and genuine yellow vests should seriously look thoroughly for  and then  kick out those agents provocateur which are mining the movement  taking it to total destruction

Edited by umbertino

• 1 month later...