Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump Is Reportedly Unhappy Over TV Coverage Of The Shutdown: 'We Are Getting Crushed!'

Trump Is Reportedly Unhappy Over TV Coverage of the Shutdown: 'We Are Getting Crushed!'

People Adam Carlson,People 6 hours ago 

a2920c86776c7beb3e1aa65bc9b3e389

Wednesday report in The New York Times paints a contradictory of President Donald Trump‘s position in an ongoing shutdown of the federal government: publicly unbowed but, at times, privately dismayed.

“We are getting crushed!” he said while recently watching coverage of the shutdown, according to the paper.

“Why can’t we get a deal?” he reportedly wondered.

The Times story is the latest article to illustrate the stalemate inside the White House, which is at the center of a shutdown begun on Dec. 22 over Trump’s insistence for a southern border wall.

He claims such a barrier is needed to stave off a “crisis” of drugs, violence and human trafficking. Newly empowered Congressional Democrats, arguing they were elected as a check on Trump, have dismissed this as immoral and ineffective.

The shutdown, at 27 days, is the longest in American history. It has left some 800,000 federal employees without pay — and there is no clear end in sight.As the Times detailed Wednesday, Trump feels a border wall fight will, over time, become a signal memory for voters and move them to his side. He has previously said that compromising on border security now and not pressing for a wall would betray his conservative base.According to the Times, Trump has not ruled out declaring a “national emergency,” which would legally free him to act in certain ways without Congressional approval. But any appropriation of funds to start building a wall would almost certainly be challenged in court.Polling is another issue, as it shows Trump continues to bear the brunt of the blame for the government closing. His approval rating is now underwater by a margin of about 14.5 points, according to an average of approval polls by FiveThirtyEight.“The partial government shutdown is beginning to drag on President Trump,” the site’s editor, Nate Silver, wrote Wednesday.Most recently Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi moved to uninvite Trump from the customary State of the Union address to Congress, scheduled for Jan. 29. Either reschedule given the shutdown, Pelosi said, or deliver the speech in writing instead of on TV.The president has not been swayed so far, this week blasting “radical Democrats.”“They want nothing to do with the major Humanitarian Crisis on our Southern Border,” he tweeted Wednesday.Pelosi, too, was tweeting. She replied to him on Tuesday: “Stop holding the paychecks of 800,000 Americans hostage. There is no reason for them to be suffering right now. Re-open the government!”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/trump-reportedly-unhappy-over-tv-134847980.html

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

My friend it's one thing to lie to others but it's an entirely different thing to lie to yourself.

You do know I didn't write the article, right?  :blink:  And yours is an interesting comment coming from a Trump supporter

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Reportedly Unhappy

according to the paper.

According to the Times

he reportedly wondered.

No doubt this story is from a credible newspaper with credible news sources..........oh wait........there was no news source......just a he said she said hit piece on Trump.....and of from all places.....The New York Times..........go figure......CL

Move along........fake news.......

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

No doubt this story is from a credible newspaper with credible news sources..........oh wait........there was no news source......just a he said she said hit piece on Trump.....and of from all places.....The New York Times..........go figure......CL

Move along........fake news.......

That may be your stance, however, you are being disingenuous by quoting me while cherry picking lines from the article and posting them as if I wrote it.  not like you, CL.....and you seem flustered or a little on edge today with some of your postings.....I hope I'm misinterpreting it and hope everything's all right in your world.  Shabs

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

That may be your stance, however, you are being disingenuous by quoting me while cherry picking lines from the article and posting them as if I wrote it.  not like you, CL.....and you seem flustered or a little on edge today with some of your postings.....I hope I'm misinterpreting it and hope everything's all right in your world.  Shabs

GO RV, then BV

No worries.......just how the copy and paste works when you try to separate the wheat from the chaff.....things are fine in my world.........

Just a poor article in my mind with little substance!

CL

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

If it's from the N.Y.TIMES it's all cowpaddys and chaff 

That's the FAILING N.Y. TIMES, get it right.  :D  The way the mountain of Trump's corruption keeps growing......I'd say the FAILING N.Y. TIMES is going to continue to "FAIL" for quite some time yet.  :lol:

GO RV, then BV  

My guess is Trump isn't sweating any of this......he knows what's ahead with the declassifications and the FISA corruption.....Huber and the yet to be identified other Attorney working in the back ground to expose the other corruption....

Barr stating he will look I to everthing.....he will......

It seems obvious that the way the left and MSM are scurming they see it coming......still dissing on Russia and now Cohen and Buzzfeed....

Research buzzfeed.....a joke....a bunch of left leaning snowflake millenials lost in life....

And of course the MSM giving credibility to unfounded accusations......only to print back page retractions days later after the damage is done...

Just the status quo for politics and the media in the USA

JMO...

CL

• Like 1