Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

***-for-Tat? PREz TRump denies military transportation to Pehosi

President Trump on Thursday abruptly denied military aircraft to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for a foreign trip just minutes before the congressional delegation was set to depart, in a stunning response to her call to delay the State of the Union address amid the government shutdown.

In a curt letter, Trump said her trip has been “postponed.”

“Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate,” Trump wrote.

CLICK HERE TO READ TRUMP'S LETTER TO PELOSI

“I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the Shutdown. Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative.”

AIR-FORCE.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

According to sources, the president pulled the plug on her aircraft as she was about to leave for her overseas trip. Her congressional delegation military aircraft was slated to leave at 3 p.m. ET, Fox News' John Roberts reports.

SHUTDOWN STANDOFF: PELOSI RENEWS CALL TO DELAY STATE OF THE UNION, TRUMP SAYS DEMS 'HIJACKED' BY 'FRINGE' 

A source also told Fox News that when moving to cancel the flight, the White House reasoned that the trip would keep Pelosi out of the country beyond next Tuesday night—when the next government pay period would occur.

"If she had gone on this trip she would have guaranteed that 800,000 federal workers would not receive their second paycheck because she would not have been here to negotiate any kind of deal," a senior White House official said Thursday.

The president's move to cancel Pelosi's trip came in response to the House speaker's request to delay his annual State of the Union address. The president has been slated to deliver his message to a Joint Session of Congress on Jan. 29, but Pelosi urged the president to delay his delivery until the government re-opens, or deliver the address in writing.

The speaker stood by that call earlier Thursday.

“The date of the State of the Union is not a sacred date. It’s not constitutionally required. It’s not the president’s birthday. It’s just a date we agreed to,” Pelosi told reporters during a press conference on Capitol Hill Thursday. “That’s why I said to the president, if you don’t open up government, let’s discuss a mutually agreeable date.”

PELOSI TAKES HEAT FOR BID TO DELAY STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS

She added: “It could be a week later—if the government is reopened.”

For more than 24 hours, Trump did not respond to Pelosi's request, even as fellow Republican condemned her push for delay.

Congressional lawmakers, meanwhile, have been sitting on a bus waiting to see if they can depart. Fox News is told Capitol Hill security officials got an emergency call from the Pentagon canceling the overseas trip due to the shutdown.

Amid mounting confusion, Fox News is told there are furious calls going back and forth among Capitol Hill, State, Pentagon and White House offices.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

When asked for additional context about the congressional delegation and the apparent trip delay, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders reiterated that Pelosi could fly commercial: "The Department of Defense has to approve military air travel. As he made clear in the letter she can still go she just has to travel commercial."

Fox News' John Roberts contributed to this report. 

Edited by Theseus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

Oh no.  I bet she's devastated.  :lol:  Trump is announcing his playground authority proudly.  Fun stuff, unless you're one of Trump's 800K unpaid hostages.

GO RV, then BV

I know that you've raised children and you know full well that when dealing with a child you must treat her like  a child. 

Nancy's little stunt with the State of The Union Address was one of the most childish stunts in political history. So President 

Trump is treating her like a child. You do realize that she's only been the Speaker of the House for 14 days and this would have 

been her second vacation in the name of work. All the while she gives lip service to those 800,000 government workers 

not being paid. And you are backing that:huh:

DxIyxZgXcAA3sIj.jpg:large

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I know that you've raised children and you know full well that when dealing with a child you must treat her like  a child. 

Nancy's little stunt with the State of The Union Address was one of the most childish stunts in political history. So President 

Trump is treating her like a child. You do realize that she's only been the Speaker of the House for 14 days and this would have 

been her second vacation in the name of work. All the while she gives lip service to those 800,000 government workers 

not being paid. And you are backing that:huh:

DxIyxZgXcAA3sIj.jpg:large

I have to agree LGD, Pelosi got what she deserved... Now the president needs to cancel the trip to Davos for his cabinet members, or at least tell them they can go but they need to fly on airlines like the rest of us... With the government closed we cannot afford to have our security assets flying around the world protecting politicians if we cannot protect them in D.C.

This whole thing is now becoming pretty petty...

B/A

• Like 2

I like it.  She needs to stay in DC and negotiate a deal that works.  Too many junkets from politicians claiming to give a hoot about the furloughed Federal workers.  Last week it was a paid vacation by Lobbyists and now a trip to Europe and the ME. Talk about tone deaf Dems.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Muleslayer said:

That is incredibly funny. I really don’t think she should’ve been called a *****, though It may be true.

I'm not for calling anyone names as you know bro, but politically speaking what Trump did was by far the 

most hilarious thing in Presidential History. I'm still lmbo. In a  world so filled with hate it was a nice distraction. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I'm not for calling anyone names as you know bro, but politically speaking what Trump did was by far the 

most hilarious thing in Presidential History. I'm still lmbo. In a  world so filled with hate it was a nice distraction. 

Well then, if you're into distractions......Trump is definitely the baby for you.  ;)

Image result for trump baby gif

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

40 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

You are correct and one of the most hateful places is Twitter... You need to let it go... You will be amazed how much better you feel if you don't look at Twitter for 3 or 4 days...

B/A

Me searching out truth somewhere other than LSM really bothers you, hugh?.

And for the record I'm probably the happiest guy you'll ever know, some might say I'm downright JOLLY :lmao:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Me searching out truth somewhere other than LSM really bothers you, hugh?.

And for the record I'm probably the happiest guy you'll ever know, some might say I'm downright JOLLY :lmao:

Truth on Twitter may be the funniest thing you ever said. I'm glad you are jolly, sometimes you seem a bit unjolly/

B/A