Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Monday Guru Opinions @ 10:50 PM EST - 1/14/2019

1-14-2019   Newshound Guru Sunkissed   In my opinion, the TIMING of this article is utterly FANTASTIC...this article gives us the DROP DEAD DATE..? (imo).   FEBRUARY 02, 2019.   JORDAN IS RACING AGAINST TIME.  why Well... imo... it looks like... February 02, 2019 is a deadline date to IMPLEMENTATION. For what Remember that December 29-30 meeting when many contracts were signed? Looks like Jordan signed some "old" deals that were "renewed" - I suppose we would use the word "updated" (to reflect a new rate? a more competitive price, since so many contractors are FLOODING into Iraq?)  So... there's the PRESSURE..! Contracts were signed on December 29-30 and to be IMPLEMENTED BY FEBRUARY 02, 2019..!   ..(post 1 of 2).... 

1-14-2019   Newshound Guru Sunkissed   ...After all the haggling and demands that Iraq has served up to Jordan... the bottom line actually rests with Iraq:  THEY MUST HAVE PURCHASING POWER to be able to absorb the MASSIVE QUANTITIES of goods, minerals, etc., coming INTO Iraq!  Ball is DEFINITELY in Iraq's court!  Promises were made in the BEGINNING of 2018!! (Respect the first quarter! Sound familiar? -- [Guru] Walkingstick was accurate!)  And now, the longer they wait, the more difficult, if not impossible it will be for Jordan to perform in time!  BUT...in order to perform on their contract... Iraq MUST FIRST HAVE PURCHASING POWER!  Iraq HAS TO BE READY AND ABLE TO PAY THEM!  Therefore, February 02, 2019, appears to be the back-wall, Drop Dead Date, "to be an exquisite mutual-beneficial relationship."  If February 02, 2019 is the Drop Dead Date, then we are looking at Feb 02 - 04 (Monday) for the IQD to go live.  However... IMO.... it certainly could go before that date..!  ...(post 2 of 2)... 

1-14-2019  Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat   The House of Representatives ended its session on Saturday, the House of Representatives finished the first reading of the draft law on financial management. Nothing happened on voting for cabinet members on Saturday.  MP of the Alliance for Reform and Reconstruction, Hassan Fadas, said that on Monday, the resolution of the Interior Ministry candidate is the main obstacle to completion of the ministerial cabinet. Let’s see how this plays out….  ...there is news about the intention of Faleh Fayyad too withdraw his candidacy from the Interior. If this happens there may be some real progress finally in this direction. Let’s see how it plays out this week,,,(post 1 of 2)... 

1-14-2019   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat   But as sure as I am writing this...today, we are all of a sudden going to see a burst of flames as we know the tinder is already starting to smoke and is about ready to flare up. As in starting a good camp fire, we can see that much activity is about to burst into action and will soon move forward very aggressively. The two items they need for this to happen is to get the 2019 budget passed and then these remaining cabinet positions off of proxy and into solid, technocrats for these remaining positions....(post 2 of 2)... 

1-14-2019   Newshound Guru  Kaperoni   [Q? I’ve always heard the government has nothing to do with the Dinar. That only the CBI could begin the float. If so then why do people say only when the government is set the float can begin.]   Monetary policy is the CBI.  That being said, such a significant event requires support from the Iraqi government.  As well, much of the directives being implemented by Iraq are part of the reforms agreed under IMF or WB Stand by Agreements.

1-14-2019    Intel Guru RayRen98  Today's Parliament session has been postponed until Wednesday at 1:00 due to a lack of quorum. [And the band played on...]  Citizens are not happy with Mahdi's "progress" thus far...they are saying the corruption is still rampant in the government. Unofficial report: Things (rate activity) should get started today in Iraq and filter over to us this week. Time Will Tell...

1-14-2019   Newshound Guru MilitiaMan   [Q? : ...are you looking for this in EARLY 2019, MID 2019, LATE 2019...]  I believe...they are ready to implement now with all the signs they have shown us over the last year.  We know contracts have time stamps... T & T were said to be ready at a moments notice to be applied. We see a very large trading partner in country this week talking directly about money exchange. So, as for me the signs I see are not mid or late...  There are fireflies on the ground over there that suggest that the citizens have been told they are getting a gift from GOD, they very well may have been placated for now, but, how long they will not get antsy is anyone's guess...(post 1 of 2)...  

1-14-2019   Newshound Guru MilitiaMan   Lets not forget that there was an article 01/02/2018 talking about linking the IQD with a basket of currencies (They let that cat out of the bag, and big time).  The stir was the authority was saying hold on a minute... Lets not link to lower value currencies..!! ...Nothing has changed as far as getting your purchase power, it is that we are going to get you more if we use an stronger basket...Thus, they bought more time? We shall see if it plays out like that. imo...(post 2 of 2)... 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, ATHIM said:

Thanks Ron, I enjoy reading this stuff.

My brain has shrunk too much over the last several years to read the long new articles, these will suffice because one day, one day, they are going to hit the nail on the head and I hope I am still around to get struck.

My pleasure ATHIM...Thank you...!  I used to be a NewsHound, but realized there are many others out there to do that, and I just check around to see what others who have been around a while (I'm 10 years in this) think. There's a big difference between the older Gurus & the newer ones who lack the background history. To me, it will happen, but not necessarily in our timing...LOL..!

Be blessed.... RON :twothumbs::salute:

PS: Here a comment I made on Saturday's Thread:

Botzwana wrote:

my info comes from this article that states it will be above 3 bucks.  Show me kaps article where it says there is too much in circulation. ......

Hi Botzwana, Kap's statement above is based upon his continuing analysis & evaluation of things as they are "today", and are ever changing. The Future of Iraq Project (declassified in 2012) indicated the desire was to return the IQD back to the pre-Saddam rate of $3.33, but it didn't define the time-frame to get it there. In the early days, even Kap held that it could come out in the $3 range but certain conditions had to be met. Adam Montana held to a 10 cent valuation for many years. Many others held firmly to an 86 cent rate. All showed good reasons for these value estimates. But a lot has changed ECONOMICALLY - in Iraq, the USA, and worldwide. Even the CBI Governer Shabibi indicated (in 2010) that the IQD could sustain a $10 or higher rate. However a lot has changed since then (2010), and even since the Jan 2017 article was published. Personally, I'll be happy with anything over 5 cents for a number of reasons, but would be delighted with it over $3. If you recall, Iraq was squabbling with Kuwait around 2012-2014 to not revalue the IQD higher than the Kuwaiti Dinar rate. All these things have been forgotten by the IQD community. We shall see - only when the CBI moves to Article VIII and goes international. Until then, we WAIT...!

I hope this clarifies a few things for everyone.

I think DinarThug should repost the article as a reminder of what was said 2 years ago.

Blessings to all. Be patient and hopefull...! :) RON  :salute:

Edited by ronscarpa
  • Upvote 3

On 1/14/2019 at 11:07 PM, ronscarpa said:

My pleasure ATHIM...Thank you...!  I used to be a NewsHound, but realized there are many others out there to do that, and I just check around to see what others who have been around a while (I'm 10 years in this) think. There's a big difference between the older Gurus & the newer ones who lack the background history. To me, it will happen, but not necessarily in our timing...LOL..!

Be blessed.... RON :twothumbs::salute:

PS: Here a comment I made on Saturday's Thread:

Botzwana wrote:

my info comes from this article that states it will be above 3 bucks.  Show me kaps article where it says there is too much in circulation. ......

Hi Botzwana, Kap's statement above is based upon his continuing analysis & evaluation of things as they are "today", and are ever changing. The Future of Iraq Project (declassified in 2012) indicated the desire was to return the IQD back to the pre-Saddam rate of $3.33, but it didn't define the time-frame to get it there. In the early days, even Kap held that it could come out in the $3 range but certain conditions had to be met. Adam Montana held to a 10 cent valuation for many years. Many others held firmly to an 86 cent rate. All showed good reasons for these value estimates. But a lot has changed ECONOMICALLY - in Iraq, the USA, and worldwide. Even the CBI Governer Shabibi indicated (in 2010) that the IQD could sustain a $10 or higher rate. However a lot has changed since then (2010), and even since the Jan 2017 article was published. Personally, I'll be happy with anything over 5 cents for a number of reasons, but would be delighted with it over $3. If you recall, Iraq was squabbling with Kuwait around 2012-2014 to not revalue the IQD higher than the Kuwaiti Dinar rate. All these things have been forgotten by the IQD community. We shall see - only when the CBI moves to Article VIII and goes international. Until then, we WAIT...!

I hope this clarifies a few things for everyone.

I think DinarThug should repost the article as a reminder of what was said 2 years ago.

Blessings to all. Be patient and hopefull...! :) RON  :salute:

Lol Ron,  I remember all those things. Guess I’ve been around a long time too. 

I appreciate seeing all these posts here. Whether you or Luigi. I don’t know where to even find all this stuff.  I don’t want to look all over anyways. I also don’t know how to bring it over and I don’t want to know how! Ty. 😁🍻