Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Top Republicans Oppose Border 'Emergency' As Shutdown Drags On

12 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

You have to understand he thinks that Republicans are hostile, mean spirited, hate filled, bullies who only submit to their wife's in abject fear. 

Not true.  I've voted for Republicans many times in the past at all levels of government, and certainly will again in the future.   

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 2

Trump's new slogan:

"Build the Wall and Crime Will Fall"

Some estimates state WE The People pay $70K per person per year on illegals.

Multiply that by 25 million illegals times say 10 years past and it becomes 

a we too much to accept for me. 

It's not an emergency. Okay at some point shouldn't we fix the challenge?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Not true.  I've voted for Republicans many times in the past at all levels of government, and certainly will again in the future.   

GO RV, then BV

There are Republicans and then there are RINOs, and for me the RINOs are intentional Democrats spies placed in the Republican party for defeating Republicans. John McCain was never a Republican. Jeff Flake was never a Republican. I suspect you would have voted for men like John McCain and Jeff Flake.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

There are Republicans and then there are RINOs, and for me the RINOs are intentional Democrats spies placed in the Republican party for defeating Republicans. John McCain was never a Republican. Jeff Flake was never a Republican. I suspect you would have voted for men like John McCain and Jeff Flake.

....and Ronald Reagan, too.....Men of impeccable character, not immoral side show barkers like the current pOTUS.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

Perhaps this could just be looked at from a common sense point of view......

Countries all over the world have secure borders......that's part of being an established country.......

In some countries those borders need to be more defined....I'll use Israel as an example........or perhaps South Korea.......imagine how fast those two would have men over run with out their border security....?

The US is fortunate that isn't the case for the Southern Border....

The threat is very different.....Drugs that are killing Americans.....Tens of thousands of people try to gain entrance by passing legal means.......the cost of processing these people is in the multi Billions $$$$

The murders of US citizens by these illegals.....some who have been deported felons returning multiple times......really......how inadequate is the Southern Border security....?

And if that's the case how easily might the really bad guys be able to get in...?

The US really never had to worry about any of this......but times have changed.....9/11 changed some of that......the US wasn't $22Trillion in debt so the cost was less important.....South of our border ....countries are headed for some hard times economically......are going to let them all in?...

So I ask......why would anyone think our border security is working today?.........from dollars saved......$25 Billion would be a wise investment....and as to those who would say...."but Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall"........so what!

Common sense says we need to tighten up the Southern Border........JMO....CL

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Perhaps this could just be looked at from a common sense point of view......

Countries all over the world have secure borders......that's part of being an established country.......

In some countries those borders need to be more defined....I'll use Israel as an example........or perhaps South Korea.......imagine how fast those two would have men over run with out their border security....?

The US is fortunate that isn't the case for the Southern Border....

The threat is very different.....Drugs that are killing Americans.....Tens of thousands of people try to gain entrance by passing legal means.......the cost of processing these people is in the multi Billions $$$$

The murders of US citizens by these illegals.....some who have been deported felons returning multiple times......really......how inadequate is the Southern Border security....?

And if that's the case how easily might the really bad guys be able to get in...?

The US really never had to worry about any of this......but times have changed.....9/11 changed some of that......the US wasn't $22Trillion in debt so the cost was less important.....South of our border ....countries are headed for some hard times economically......are going to let them all in?...

So I ask......why would anyone think our border security is working today?.........from dollars saved......$25 Billion would be a wise investment....and as to those who would say...."but Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall"........so what!

Common sense says we need to tighten up the Southern Border........JMO....CL

An astute commentary, CL.....still, none of it supports harming 800K of our own citizens by keeping the government partially shuttered.  As to you saying "so what" to Trump's broken promise of Mexico paying for the wall.....perhaps we should simply consider it to be Trump's "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" moment.  As always, just my opinion. 

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

An astute commentary, CL.....still, none of it supports harming 800K of our own citizens by keeping the government partially shuttered.  As to you saying "so what" to Trump's broken promise of Mexico paying for the wall.....perhaps we should simply consider it to be Trump's "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" moment.  As always, just my opinion. 

GO RV, then BV

Well Reagan gave that trust to the left a try as I remember in a similar situation....the left never followed thru.....and in those days there wasn't the division we have today.....besides.....from what I read.....the left believes the current border situation is working.......what are your thoughts on that? 

Would the US be better off with more secure borders?   CL

26 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Well Reagan gave that trust to the left a try as I remember in a similar situation....the left never followed thru.....and in those days there wasn't the division we have today.....besides.....from what I read.....the left believes the current border situation is working.......what are your thoughts on that? 

Would the US be better off with more secure borders?   CL

Oh absolutely better off with more secure borders.....coming to an agreement on how to accomplish such is the issue.....the technology available these days is astounding, and when it's paired with manpower, and physical impediments, I must conclude it would be quite effective.  

Here's a similar example, along the turnpike there are areas with deer warnings, signs places strategically to one another that must have some sort of infrared beam, that when the beam is broken by a large animal crossing the highway, yellow caution lights begin to flash.  I would say something similar to this would be useful.  Now the deer ultimately crosses the road and disappears into the woods, but the turnpike is also not being monitored by a huge forest ranger population and immigrants on foot don't compare to a deer on the move.  I'm sure this analogy will fall flat with most, but you get my gist.  I wouldn't be in support of a huge wall where Trump could paste his brand in 30 foot letters.

I believe and I've made it clear, that the WALL was never this important to Trump until Democrats took over the House.  It's all a political stunt, by him and the Democrats.....though he owns the shutdown, per his own videoed words.  He needs to eat some crow, put those people back to work and get them paid, especially the Coast Guard....It's completely inappropriate for the C.I.C. to let our service members suffer when it can be avoided.

As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Oh absolutely better off with more secure borders.....coming to an agreement on how to accomplish such is the issue.....the technology available these days is astounding, and when it's paired with manpower, and physical impediments, I must conclude it would be quite effective.  

Here's a similar example, along the turnpike there are areas with deer warnings, signs places strategically to one another that must have some sort of infrared beam, that when the beam is broken by a large animal crossing the highway, yellow caution lights begin to flash.  I would say something similar to this would be useful.  Now the deer ultimately crosses the road and disappears into the woods, but the turnpike is also not being monitored by a huge forest ranger population and immigrants on foot don't compare to a deer on the move.  I'm sure this analogy will fall flat with most, but you get my gist.  I wouldn't be in support system" rel="">support of a huge wall where Trump could paste his brand in 30 foot letters.

I believe and I've made it clear, that the WALL was never this important to Trump until Democrats took over the House.  It's all a political stunt, by him and the Democrats.....though he owns the shutdown, per his own videoed words.  He needs to eat some crow, put those people back to work and get them paid, especially the Coast Guard....It's completely inappropriate for the C.I.C. to let our service members suffer when it can be avoided.

As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

Great.....can you point me to any proposed legislation that anyone...right or left....has proposed on this other than the Trump plan which is a wall/barrier along with features like you mentioned....additionally I believe it was 2013 when $50 billion was approved for border security......where did that go?.....and if it was wisely spent why do have so many illegals deported and then they return multiple times.......CL

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Great.....can you point me to any proposed legislation that anyone...right or left....has proposed on this other than the Trump plan which is a wall/barrier along with features like you mentioned....additionally I believe it was 2013 when $50 billion was approved for border security......where did that go?.....and if it was wisely spent why do have so many illegals deported and then they return multiple times.......CL

I know you and the due diligence you give to all issues, so I doubt any proposed "simple" legislation like security measures I mentioned exist.  Most every piece of proposed legislation would surely contain mountains of pork.....and no border security legislation should ever be written without addressing immigration issues, such as dealing with deportations, protections for dreamers, pathways to citizenship, punishment for offenders of all levels, and policing employers of illegals in the United States.  I would have said those things in my previous post, but you specifically asked about secure borders.

In the meantime, the government should be opened.......multiple wrongs don't make a right.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

I know you and the due diligence you give to all issues, so I doubt any proposed "simple" legislation like security measures I mentioned exist.  Most every piece of proposed legislation would surely contain mountains of pork.....and no border security legislation should ever be written without addressing immigration issues, such as dealing with deportations, protections for dreamers, pathways to citizenship, punishment for offenders of all levels, and policing employers of illegals in the United States.  I would have said those things in my previous post, but you specifically asked about secure borders.

In the meantime, the government should be opened.......multiple wrongs don't make a right.

GO RV, then BV

If the government reopens, without a border wall bill none of those things will be addressed and the border security issue will die with the Dem controlled house. 

I will say it again. 

Mr. President.

Do your constitutional job and enforce the laws Congress passed.

Secure Fence Act of 2006

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, markb57 said:

the Secure Fence Act of 2006 is something I haven't heard one legislature or senator from either party talk about. It's like it never happened. Who stole the money that was already allocated????

H.R. 6061 and as I recall $50 Billion was set aside for the way back when but I am sure it was used up for other matters  like obama's part slush fund and what not.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/109th-congress/house-bill/6061

Karsten

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/24/2019 at 4:55 PM, markb57 said:

the Secure Fence Act of 2006 is something I haven't heard one legislature or senator from either party talk about. It's like it never happened. Who stole the money that was already allocated????

This link might help you understand the process.....allocated money needs a follow through....which in the dysfunctional government doesn't always happen.........CL

http://www.crfb.org/papers/appropriations-101

• Like 1

I feel that we've reached critical mass of the 

lawless barrier and are in extreme danger of 

being completely lost.

WND EXCLUSIVE

U.S. LETS IN THOUSANDS OF KIDS TO BE MARRIED

Government approves entry for minors as young as 13

child_marriage

Amid the battle over border-wall funding,

the federal government has approved

“spouse” or “fiancé” visas for

children as young as 13 years old.

That’s even as the United States combats “child marriage” in other countries, according to the Washington watchdog Judicial Watch.

The government in recent years, has approved “thousands of petitions filed by Americans seeking spouse or fiancé visas for children born abroad.”

Judicial Watch said that in the last decade more than 8,500 petitions for spousal entry into the U.S. involved minors, according to government figures included in a Senate Homeland Security report released this month.

“In an overwhelming number of the cases girls were the younger party and in some there were ‘significant age differences,’ Senate investigators found.

Two were only 13 years old,

38 were 14 years old,

269 were 15 years old,

and 1,768 were 16.

The remaining 6,609 were 17 years old.”

Among the “disturbing” facts, Judicial Watch said, is the agency’s approval of a

71-year-old American citizen’s visa request for a 17-year-old spouse from Guatemala.

In another, the agency granted a 14-year-old U.S. citizen’s petition for a 48-year-old spouse from Jamaica.

USCIS also rubber-stamped 149 applications involving a minor with an adult spouse or fiancé over the age of 40, Judicial Watch said.

“Nearly 5,000 minors in the United States on spousal or fiancé visas received green cards to become lawful permanent residents, federal figures show.”

Border security funding is at the center of the current partial government shutdown. President Trump has asked Congress for $5.7 billion, but Democrats have refused to negotiate.

The USCIS can approve the spousal and fiance visas for minors without any parental or judicial consent.

The applications then are forwarded to the State Department, where almost all are approved, JW said.

The government report said,

“Senate investigators spoke with a ‘child marriage victim’ who was forced to marry her older cousin during a family vacation to Pakistan.”

Her spousal immigration application was approved when she was just 13 years old. Throughout the forced marriage, she suffered physical and sexual abuse, Judicial Watch said.

Judicial Watch pointed out the irony that the U.S. has launched campaigns in other countries against child marriages.

“As part of the U.S. campaign to reduce child marriage abroad, Congress passed a measure in 2013 requiring the secretary of state to establish and implement a multiyear strategy to ‘prevent child marriages’ and ‘to promote the empowerment of girls at risk of child marriage in developing countries,'” Judicial Watch said.

The government describes the issue as a human-rights abuse.

“Why would the same agency approve thousands of visas for children – mostly girls – to enter forced marriages in the U.S.?” Judicial Watch asked.

• Thanks 3

On 1/27/2019 at 9:20 AM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I feel that we've reached critical mass of the 

lawless barrier and are in extreme danger of 

being completely lost.

WND EXCLUSIVE

U.S. LETS IN THOUSANDS OF KIDS TO BE MARRIED

Government approves entry for minors as young as 13

child_marriage

Amid the battle over border-wall funding,

the federal government has approved

“spouse” or “fiancé” visas for

children as young as 13 years old.

That’s even as the United States combats “child marriage” in other countries, according to the Washington watchdog Judicial Watch.

The government in recent years, has approved “thousands of petitions filed by Americans seeking spouse or fiancé visas for children born abroad.”

Judicial Watch said that in the last decade more than 8,500 petitions for spousal entry into the U.S. involved minors, according to government figures included in a Senate Homeland Security report released this month.

“In an overwhelming number of the cases girls were the younger party and in some there were ‘significant age differences,’ Senate investigators found.

Two were only 13 years old,

38 were 14 years old,

269 were 15 years old,

and 1,768 were 16.

The remaining 6,609 were 17 years old.”

Among the “disturbing” facts, Judicial Watch said, is the agency’s approval of a

71-year-old American citizen’s visa request for a 17-year-old spouse from Guatemala.

In another, the agency granted a 14-year-old U.S. citizen’s petition for a 48-year-old spouse from Jamaica.

USCIS also rubber-stamped 149 applications involving a minor with an adult spouse or fiancé over the age of 40, Judicial Watch said.

“Nearly 5,000 minors in the United States on spousal or fiancé visas received green cards to become lawful permanent residents, federal figures show.”

Border security funding is at the center of the current partial government shutdown. President Trump has asked Congress for $5.7 billion, but Democrats have refused to negotiate.

The USCIS can approve the spousal and fiance visas for minors without any parental or judicial consent.

The applications then are forwarded to the State Department, where almost all are approved, JW said.

The government report said,

“Senate investigators spoke with a ‘child marriage victim’ who was forced to marry her older cousin during a family vacation to Pakistan.”

Her spousal immigration application was approved when she was just 13 years old. Throughout the forced marriage, she suffered physical and sexual abuse, Judicial Watch said.

Judicial Watch pointed out the irony that the U.S. has launched campaigns in other countries against child marriages.

“As part of the U.S. campaign to reduce child marriage abroad, Congress passed a measure in 2013 requiring the secretary of state to establish and implement a multiyear strategy to ‘prevent child marriages’ and ‘to promote the empowerment of girls at risk of child marriage in developing countries,'” Judicial Watch said.

The government describes the issue as a human-rights abuse.

“Why would the same agency approve thousands of visas for children – mostly girls – to enter forced marriages in the U.S.?” Judicial Watch asked.

World governments can never solve the pain and suffering facing all mankind today, fortunately today millions are no longer lost.

In the final part of the days,

The mountain of the house of Jehovah

Will become firmly established above the tops of the mountains,  

And it will be raised up above the hills,

And to do it all the nations will stream.

And many peoples will go and say:

“Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah,

To the house of the God of Jacob.

And he will instruct us about his ways,

And we will walk in his path’s” 

For law will go out of Zion,  

And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. 

(Isaiah 2:2,3)

The following link to April 2017 watchtower; a short scriptural discussion focusing on what will go, when God‘s Kingdom comes! 

What Will Go When God’s Kingdom Comes?

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2017361 

Edited by Fly