Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Top Republicans Oppose Border 'Emergency' As Shutdown Drags On

I agree with you Shabbs but You can’t misquote what I wrote or the context.  You did. Just another example of how you and BA bend your truth to meet your agenda.  I write a lot of stuff tongue in cheek to show a preposterous exaggerated view of a situation.  Do I truly believe if you dropped a few the immigration problem would go away NO, and I stated in that post it was a drastic approach. It’s so typical of you hysterical Dems. You guys go hysterical over everything. Do you not think for one moment Trump isn’t jacking with you Dems.  Of course he is and So am I most of the time.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Federal Workers Are Yanking Money Out of Retirement Accounts

(Bloomberg) -- Growing numbers of federal workers have been tapping their retirement funds in a sign of how the government shutdown is squeezing day-to-day finances.

Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board data show a 34 percent jump in the number of hardship withdrawals in the two and 1/2 weeks after Christmas when compared to the same period last year. The data goes through Jan. 14, the first weekday after many federal employees missed paychecks.

The outflows mostly come from investments run by BlackRock Inc., the sole manager for four of the Thrift Savings Plan’s five individual funds. A spokeswoman for the New York-based company declined to comment.

Thrift Savings Plan spokeswoman Kim Weaver said she couldn’t compare the withdrawal rate now to those during previous U.S. government closures, though she did say in an email that there was a “surge in hardship withdrawals in October 2013.”

During that shutdown, more than 14,000 plan participants took hardship withdrawals, and that year ended with a decade-high number of loans and such withdrawals.

“The longer the shutdown lasts, the more withdrawals we’d expect to see,” Weaver said.

TSP’s Weaver noted that during the market’s tumultuous fourth quarter, many participants shifted money out of the funds managed by BlackRock to the one that invests in short-term Treasury bills.

The federal plan had about 5.5 million participants as of Dec. 31.

--With assistance from Annie Massa.

To contact the reporter on this story: Brandon Kochkodin in New York at bkochkodin@bloomberg.net

Nice...

B/A

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

I agree with you Shabbs but You can’t misquote what I wrote or the context.  You did. Just another example of how you and BA bend your truth to meet your agenda.  I write a lot of stuff tongue in cheek to show a preposterous exaggerated view of a situation.  Do I truly believe if you dropped a few the immigration problem would go away NO, and I stated in that post it was a drastic approach. It’s so typical of you hysterical Dems. You guys go hysterical over everything. Do you not think for one moment Trump isn’t jacking with you Dems.  Of course he is and So am I most of the time.  

On 1/13/2019 at 1:42 PM, Pitcher said:

The key is they found ANOTHER Tunnel.  Put some sensors along the border and that shuts that activity to 0.   So now we need a HUGE WALL to stop the illegals from rushing and overwhelming our border agents.  There is another way to stop all the illegal activity.  Put some sharp shooters along the border and drop a few.  It's a drastic approach but it would work.  

On 1/13/2019 at 4:56 PM, nstoolman1 said:

:bravo:

I have felt the same way about taggers. Drop a few and you will see a drop in terrorism. Because that is what tagging is used for. Mark their territory and strike fear in the residents. 

Nice attempt at spin, Pitcher....but nobody is buying it.  Heck you even had nstoolman excited about the prospect of tagging a few.  And though you're convinced that Trump is some sort of winning Machiavellian super genius toying with the Left, the ever growing list of indictments, Cohen's impending testimony, Rudy's frequent media faux pas and Mueller's Russia investigation winding down....chances are you're going to be found wanting.  

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

I would like to ask you a question Shabbs.  Are you and BA related?  Just curious because your writing style and arguments are similar.  

How hout that candie poster. Is that one of yours?  If so he needs some tutoring. 

If you're asking if I have multiple accounts and avatars on DV, the answer is, no.....it's against forum rules, you know?  I've been the same guy on here with the same avatar since 2011.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

Just now, Pitcher said:

I want to apologize for getting you all upset.  I’m going to leave you both to your activities and agenda on this site.  I have to get back to my trading desk.  Killing it today.  

You can't upset me....unless you refer to me as an airman....that creates a little heat.  :lol:  Good luck trading, break a leg, or keyboard, or whatever the appropriate day trader lingo is.  :peace: 

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:59 PM, bostonangler said:

Nope there's only 1 idiot in control right now... The past is over, time to think about the future. You know like when will Pence be sworn in?

B/A

I AGREE!!!  Queen Idiot (Pelosi) in charge now has a history of screwing things up

• Thanks 1