Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Top Republicans Oppose Border 'Emergency' As Shutdown Drags On

13 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I hate to tell you this, but the 50 cents on the dollar is a routine thing... I have met  people who do this. I know a senior citizen born and raised American who buys them all the time so he can afford groceries... He buys them from local Americans on the other side of town. The whole system is corrupt including the guy I know who is a veteran, worked his whole life and knows it is illegal but doesn't care... Greed is in control.

B/A

I  have a problem with people who break the law. But I really have a problem with foreigners Who come out of a courtroom saying F you to America. Time to start deportations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Sage449 said:

Hi Shabs,

I agree, it's not U.S. entitle minded kids taking on the grungier jobs. I cleaned toilets, offices, detassled corn, picked fruit, cleaned barns and fed livestock. So why aren't they? Why is that work so beneath them? I don't condone hiring illegals, but what U.S. citizen regardless of age is stepping up to do those jobs?

There are some great young people out there that I admire and love and give me hope. There are far too many sitting on their fat a$$e$ playing video games, bitching because been asked to take out the garbage, demanding and expecting things they've never lifted a finger to acquire or have a right to. Like those expecting to start out as president of a company or think they can sing or act and are the next Hollywood toy. 

Hi yourself, Sage.  :D

I imagine most of us at one time or another as we were growing up heard our folks utter the words, "we just want you to have it better than we did".  I know I heard it numerous times from my folks, and I in turn have said it to my own son.  And though my parents told me those words, it still didn't stop them from making sure I got my butt out of bed to deliver my paper route, and then make me spend my own earned money on an alarm clock so I would get my own butt out of bed to deliver those papers.  It instilled a work ethic that I still carry to this day and I did my best to push my son to do the same....which he has exceeded my expectations.  He truly has it better than I did, but of his own accord, not because I gave him anything more than the proper motivation to do his best.  Therefore it must come down to parents who give their kids everything imaginable and expect no personal responsibility in return.  When my brothers or myself got into trouble at school, we were guilty until proven innocent when we got home.....a teacher's or an elder's words were golden and not to be trifled with.  Now a days, parents can't wait to confront school administration to whine about the mistreatment of their "world's best" child.

In my experience there's something positive to be said for one of these hanging on the wall behind a teacher's desk.  :peace:

Image result for teachers paddle

GO RV, then BV

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Hi yourself, Sage.  :D

I imagine most of us at one time or another as we were growing up heard our folks utter the words, "we just want you to have it better than we did".  I know I heard it numerous times from my folks, and I in turn have said it to my own son.  And though my parents told me those words, it still didn't stop them from making sure I got my butt out of bed to deliver my paper route, and then make me spend my own earned money on an alarm clock so I would get my own butt out of bed to deliver those papers.  It instilled a work ethic that I still carry to this day and I did my best to push my son to do the same....which he has exceeded my expectations.  He truly has it better than I did, but of his own accord, not because I gave him anything more than the proper motivation to do his best.  Therefore it must come down to parents who give their kids everything imaginable and expect no personal responsibility in return.  When my brothers or myself got into trouble at school, we were guilty until proven innocent when we got home.....a teacher's or an elder's words were golden and not to be trifled with.  Now a days, parents can't wait to confront school administration to whine about the mistreatment of their "world's best" child.

In my experience there's something positive to be said for one of these hanging on the wall behind a teacher's desk.  :peace:

Image result for teachers paddle

GO RV, then BV

Grest post, Shabs.....

Same situation you so aptly depicted  happens here in this Country of mine......

I have no chidren myself but my buddies tell me that's what's happening with their chidren / teens......Sad state of affairs, I know......

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, umbertino said:

Grest post, Shabs.....

Same situation you so aptly depicted  happens here in this Country of mine......

I have no chidren myself but my buddies tell me that's what's happening with their chidren / teens......Sad state of affairs, I know......

Right you are my friend.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I  have a problem with people who break the law. But I really have a problem with foreigners Who come out of a courtroom saying F you to America. Time to start deportations.

I even have a bigger problem with our corrupt government officials that enable this to happen. Time to stop the distraction and focus in on the real law breakers, OUR GOVERNMENT

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Sage449 said:

Hi Shabs,

I agree, it's not U.S. entitle minded kids taking on the grungier jobs. I cleaned toilets, offices, detassled corn, picked fruit, cleaned barns and fed livestock. So why aren't they? Why is that work so beneath them? I don't condone hiring illegals, but what U.S. citizen regardless of age is stepping up to do those jobs?

There are some great young people out there that I admire and love and give me hope. There are far too many sitting on their fat a$$e$ playing video games, bitching because been asked to take out the garbage, demanding and expecting things they've never lifted a finger to acquire or have a right to. Like those expecting to start out as president of a company or think they can sing or act and are the next Hollywood toy. 

Yep Sage.....

Here in Italy , immigrants take all the jobs  Italians don't feel like going for (they'll say "too hard, too humiliating, that's not what I studied for all these years" etc)......So here one really can't talk about them ( immigrants) stealing jobs....At all

Immigrants will instead take everything offered to them cos they are hungry ...Our young folks ( at least here) are not...Evidently...

Still.... we have the highest unemployment rate in Western Europe......Bah.....

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

HERE ARE THE DEMOCRATS WHO HAVE EXPRESSED support FOR SOME KIND OF A BORDER BARRIER

2:33 PM 01/15/2019 | POLITICS
Amber Athey | White House Correspondent

As Democratic leadership refuses to give President Donald Trump a single dollar for the border wall, rank-and-file Democrats are publicly expressing support for funding some kind of physical barrier.

The partial government shutdown over border security is now in its fourth week, as Democrats refuse to fulfill the president’s request for $5.7 billion in funding for the wall. At most, Democratic leaders have offered just $1.6 billion for “border security” and nothing for the wall — even if Trump re-opens the government prior to negotiating. (RELATED: Democrats Snub Trump Lunch Offer As Shutdown Continues)

Two administration officials told The Daily Caller on Tuesday that are planning on exploiting fissures in the Democratic Party, particularly among newly-elected Democrats in border states whose constituents support a physical border barrier. The White House hopes the strategy puts pressure on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.

The strategy appears to be a sound one, as a number of Democrats have publicly stated that they support funding for at least a partial border wall or fence.

Freshman Democratic California Rep. Katie Hill told CNN last week that she would “vote for some money for physical barriers.”

Democratic Washington Rep. Adam Smith conceded that “the wall is not in itself a bad idea” and that he voted for some fencing in the past, but claimed that the president has not appropriately justified adding more barriers on the border.

“If we have a partial wall, if we have fencing, if we have technology used to keep our borders safe, all of that is fine,” Democratic Illinois Rep. Cheri Bustos said on CNN before admonishing the president for refusing to accept anything less than $5.7 billion for a barrier.

Democratic California Rep. John Garamendi similarly said that he would support a border fence, stating, “Democrats have repeatedly said that we will support border security, we will support all of its elements including fences.”

“There may be places where everybody will agree, ‘Yeah, a wall makes sense there,'” Independent Maine Sen. Angus King said, adding that he believes the current debate in Congress is a full wall versus open borders.

Republican Virginia Rep. Denver Riggleman claimed on WMAL’s “Mornings on the Mall” yesterday that even more Democrats admit privately that they support some kind of physical barrier.

Notably, Trump is no longer proposing a solid concrete wall across the entire border as he hinted at during the 2016 campaign. Rather, similar to the wishes of the above Democrats, the White House’s border wall proposal includes fencing in highly-trafficked areas, concrete walls in areas prone to flooding, drone technology and repairs to existing fencing. (RELATED: Immigration Experts Explain What An Effective Border Wall Actually Looks Like)

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/15/democrats-support-border-barrier-wall/

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, jg1 said:

Ah caz your the best.

I just heard palozi's negotiation that she wants the Prez. To pass the budget first then negotiate. They think President Trump is an idiot, doh. Just sign it first then read it! Sheez.

:twothumbs:

sounds exactly how Obumbo Care was passed......pass 1st read later

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bostonangler said:

But didn't you see where Trump said he never said Mexico would pay for the wall?

B/A

at this point....who cares. The issue is the same regardless of who pays for it. Since when did a democrat give a rats arse about where monies come from.......it'd be a  1st that's for da*n sure

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bostonangler said:

See we can agree on something... The hiring is the foundation... So go tell your congressman that he needs to hold his contributors responsible for breaking our immigration laws... I'm sure he will run right out and demand justice...  This is not a partisan statement. I don't know where you live or who your representative is, they could left or right, but either way they are not going to hold a corporation's feet to the fire. It would cost them money.

B/A

disagree..........u stop the flood 1st.......then resolve the internal issues , not the other way around.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I'm beginning to think these swamp dwelling idiots of the establishment in DC are never going to understand who or what they are dealing with in Donald Trump. This just keeps getting gooder and gooder everyday.

This would be a very good thing for our country if true.  Even better if this was actually planned and executed for this very purpose.

Edited by cranman
forgot a word
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I'm beginning to think these swamp dwelling idiots of the establishment in DC are never going to understand who or what they are dealing with in Donald Trump. This just keeps getting gooder and gooder everyday.

I was just going to comment on that.

A bloated Goberment is costing We The People dearly.

• Upvote 2

'Hire the best and fire the worst': Trump proposes biggest civil service change in 40 years

Trump plan: 'Hire the best and fire the worst'

WASHINGTON — President Trump will seek to "hire the best and fire the worst" federal government employees under the most ambitious proposal to overhaul the civil service in 40 years, officials said.

The measures will be outlined in the budget plan that Trump will send to Congress Monday, said four Office of Management and Budget officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because the budget hasn't been released.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/nation-now/hire-the-best-and-fire-the-worst-trump-proposes-biggest-civil-service-change-in-40-years/465-a0998979-81d7-4faf-854a-791d1d423a84

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

I called a lime no such thing.  :eyebrows:

GO RV, then BV

Funny guy. For those who didn't get it I mis-spelt lime, it should have been like, and my friend told me very nicely. By the way Shabs there is such a thing as a lime. It is a small green citrus fruit. 🤤 Oh yeah ...

Edited by new york kevin
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2