Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Career moves

climber7

I’m not tech savvy enough to know how to start a new topic thread on here, but would there be interest in starting one where members of DV could contribute ideas for good money making jobs for those of us who are looking for better work and better money making opportunities?

I know there’s a lot of various kinds of jobs that are creative but maybe not many know about.

Would appreciate all kinds of input.

Thanks! 

Edited by climber7
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think that is a great idea!

We would need to be sure that what is shared is OK with Adam.

I do a couple of things to make extra $$ and I am always open to listening to what others have to share.

I wonder how we could find out if it would be OK to post such information?

We have such a diverse group of people here, I'm sure there would be much info to share! Again, great idea.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

If you can Invent something useful that hasn't been done before.

20 plus so years ago I was the care giver for my Grandmother....I had always built models as a kids and still do. One day I grabbed a rifle stock, fired up the air brush and painted a camo pattern on a USGI Synthetic stock. Them someone asked me to do something else, then someone else asked and another and another. I got words that the USGI Stocks for the M14 DMR rifles were old, dry and breaking (Wooden Stocks)

I got a hold of the guy the that I bought stocks from and said I wanted to help....so he sent me a dozen stocks I painted up and shipped over to OIF and in the case I used Packages of Beef Jerky, bread mix and what not as packing material. Useful stuff I figured at the time.

Later someone posted on a form that they needed a Set Screw for a M-4 Hand Guard they lost somewhere in the sand and it was never to be found.........I took my KAC M-4 apart, found the screw and matched it up with one at the local hardware store.....Sent him a couple set screws and a package of Beef Jerky.

Stock painting sorta took off way back then, I did some for the Border Patrol, a couple for D.C. Police I wont name, the stocks sent to Iraq for OIF (sorta cool I received back from a couple guys Post Cards "Sniping Team OIF" "Sniper Section  Baghdad")

So long story short....S**** sent a sent a bunch of Full Auto M-14 Rifles over on a Contract with Canvas Strap On Cheek Rests.....So I got an email back from some one in Iraq asking if I could come up with a Cheek rest for the M-14 Rifle....The Strap ons just just last.

So I made one and 17 years later it is still going. Been copied, knocked off and I have seen them all fail.....Old Ford Motto...You can have it in any Color you want as long as it is Black. Then I wanted to use the best material possible as these were being used by real time operators.....Not Airsoft players.

You can come up with something and you might not even have a clue.....Just don't be afraid of taking that 1st step.

Karsten

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Karsten said:

If you can Invent something useful that hasn't been done before.

20 plus so years ago I was the care giver for my Grandmother....I had always built models as a kids and still do. One day I grabbed a rifle stock, fired up the air brush and painted a camo pattern on a USGI Synthetic stock. Them someone asked me to do something else, then someone else asked and another and another. I got words that the USGI Stocks for the M14 DMR rifles were old, dry and breaking (Wooden Stocks)

I got a hold of the guy the that I bought stocks from and said I wanted to help....so he sent me a dozen stocks I painted up and shipped over to OIF and in the case I used Packages of Beef Jerky, bread mix and what not as packing material. Useful stuff I figured at the time.

Later someone posted on a form that they needed a Set Screw for a M-4 Hand Guard they lost somewhere in the sand and it was never to be found.........I took my KAC M-4 apart, found the screw and matched it up with one at the local hardware store.....Sent him a couple set screws and a package of Beef Jerky.

Stock painting sorta took off way back then, I did some for the Border Patrol, a couple for D.C. Police I wont name, the stocks sent to Iraq for OIF (sorta cool I received back from a couple guys Post Cards "Sniping Team OIF" "Sniper Section  Baghdad")

So long story short....S**** sent a sent a bunch of Full Auto M-14 Rifles over on a Contract with Canvas Strap On Cheek Rests.....So I got an email back from some one in Iraq asking if I could come up with a Cheek rest for the M-14 Rifle....The Strap ons just just last.

So I made one and 17 years later it is still going. Been copied, knocked off and I have seen them all fail.....Old Ford Motto...You can have it in any Color you want as long as it is Black. Then I wanted to use the best material possible as these were being used by real time operators.....Not Airsoft players.

You can come up with something and you might not even have a clue.....Just don't be afraid of taking that 1st step.

Karsten

What an awesome story! Thanks for sharing it and I'm so happy to learn of your success!

I would love to see this thread continue and see others post things they have done as well!

I do have an idea but it's not one that I can achieve alone. It's based from my experience as a nurse for many years.

I currently care for Psychiatric patients in their homes ( home health care nursing visits, not long hours) and my idea came from caring for them and understanding how " strapped" the mental health arena is.

It will be a place for them and others to come and potentially " work", hang out, etc.

It's one plan I have for post RV. I've shared it on DV before. It will take lots of $$ and time. It will come to pass though!

WH

• Upvote 2