Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Sign in to follow this  
ronscarpa

Thursday Guru Opinions @ 8:00 PM EST - 1/10/2019

1-10-2019   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat   For all you who ...want a date and a rate – no reinstatement as of yet and the dinar is not yet international. The CBI is still planning for the month of January and so we watch and wait, however I do not see the signs I would want to see to by now to prove this is the case. There is still more than 3 weeks remaining in January.  Also when the dinar does finally reinstate it will most likely be in the range of $3-$4 on exchange with the US dollar. (There is no proof anywhere that this will be the range when re-instated. The now declassified "Future of Iraq Project" document [Bush-Chenny Plan] indicated that it was desired to restore the IQD back to the pre-Saddam rate of $3.33 [the Golden Dinar], but there is no indication as to the time frame to bring it back to such a rate. :) RON). This is NOT going to be slow rise from the program rate 1190 since it will no longer be solely pegged to the US dollar. (Once again - Mtn Goat's opinion...)

1-10-2019   Newshound/Intel Guru RVAlready  [Q? So the budget being voted on tomorrow [Thursday]. Is that the news we're waiting on for tomorrow or Friday?] We do not really care about their budget. The RV will happen independent of that. I think parliament is a smoke screen. Stuff in Iraq almost always comes from back room meetings. Sounds like cabinet will be announced tomorrow.

1-09-2019   Newshound Guru Adam Montana   I’m still pretty solid about 2019.  In fact, I like it a lot Not this week in particular, but in general - I think we've got a solid chance...this year! I've been keeping an eye on the situation for a few months now, waiting to see the trend I'm seeing right now.  Waiting for all the pieces to come together.  And I finally feel like it's time to voice the following thoughts. We may all enjoy a lower pump price, but I guarantee you the Middle East and all our Texas oil boys don't necessarily like them! That's exactly why OPEC entered into a production limit agreement in the not-so-distant past...because supply and demand drives price.  Oil is on sale right now, due to a very high supply, and I don't think we'll see an RV while the sale is on. It's simply not in the CBI's best interest to do so...(post 1 of 3)... 

1-09-2019   Newshound Guru Adam Montana   The good and bad news is this - there are actions being taken to get the price of oil back up.  ...Now, think about this little tidbit...Iraq has "confirmed their commitment to participating" in the oil productions cuts. But, as a savvy reader who remembers the details, you also know that Iraq was not specifically included in the original OPEC agreement. Iraq is essentially standing on the sidelines, voicing support, encouraging the action... but reserving the right to step back from it and swoop in on some profits once they are there again, while everyone else frantically tries to organize a vote to release themselves from their self-imposed restrictions. At that point in time, Iraq will have all the time they need to successfully execute a couple days or even weeks of trading, exchanging currency with higher values and reaping profits on said exchanges, and everyone wins...(post 2 of 3)...

1-09-2019   Newshound Guru Adam Montana   Yes, EVERYONE wins.  Even the OPEC members that may have seemingly "lost" some revenue with their limited production agreement. The truth of that matter is that none of them are in the dark about the potential for Iraq to revalue. They all sit there, innocently and conveniently silent about Iraq's exclusion from the agreement. Coincidence? I think not. In fact, this is the KEY. It's staring the world in the face, and only a small group of us are even paying attention.  I'm Ok with that.  HCL is still a pivotal issue, but there's no point in finalizing the HCL until oil prices go back up.  More good news - Iraq is in a very good position to implement HCL, so once we see this graph going up again...game on..!   ...(post 3 of 3)...
:twothumbs: .....:tiphat:

• Upvote 4

At 8:42 PM EST:

1-10-2019   Intel Guru Delta   "The largest deletion of zeros in  history."  Quote:  "The elimination of zeros is not new in Iran, it was preceded by Venezuela when it omitted five zeros, and Iraq which has already deleted zeros from Iraqi dinars..."     [Q? Delta, if they deleted any zeros we would see it on the CBI web site IMO and all the zeros are still there. THEY CAN HOLD IT FROM US WITH-IN 30 DAYS...

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

THEY CAN HOLD IT FROM US WITH-IN 30 DAYS...

I'd sure like to know where that 'law', 'stipulation', whatever you wanna call it....comes from 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ronscarpa
      1-18-2019   Intel Guru Bruce    [via PinkRoses]    The most recent picture has this happening either before January 21st...with some emphasis I am getting ...January 18th or Saturday. If not we skip over January 21st and go to January 22nd...It doesn’t guarantee it...It just means that is what I am hearing from very trusted sources that are very close to the situation.  Iraq has basically been done and is no longer an issue the last six weeks...Iraq is out of the picture. If you are focusing on Iraq, you are in the wrong game. Let it go. It is done, done and done...I am going to say everything is still moving along like we think. Rates will be high. We just need the Go Signal. I am looking for that Go Signal anytime now. Bruce is still in his own world trying to give dates. 

1-18-2019   Newshound Guru Breitling  …They [Iraq] don’t have to revalue in one big pop or shot.  They can revalue little by little.  I’m not talking about a tenth of a penny.  I’m talking about adding 10, 15, 20 cents a pop.  Why they haven’t done it yet I don’t know.  I simply do not have an answer for that.  Because if I was them that’s exactly what I would be doing.  I understand they have to protect themselves and not make it too expensive overnight to invest in Iraq…90% of their export is oil.  That’s their economy.  And the price of oil is going down so they are not making as much money.  $56 a barrel is their break even point.  I think it’s $54 to $56.  They don’t just have to revalue for their sake.  They have to send signals out to the international markets saying “we’re out to play.”  If they are going to keep their currency low people are not going to send product to Iraq to be able to trade.  It kind of binds them up.  They need to start doing something. 

1-18-2019   Newshound Guru MilitiaMan   "FROM IRAQI TV:   The Economic and Investment Committee....  Iraq may be forced to float the dinar to encourage investment in Iraq."    Using words like Urgent Measures to reduce Auctions earlier, and now they may be FORCED to FLOAT the DINAR!!!  The language is very powerful, thus, it is very important.. Again, the CBI stated the other day now, that the 2% fee on $20.00 (transactions) will cease on Sunday, thus, the take away is they may show us smalls.. imo.. Why all the Urgency?Logic points to reforms being completed, thus, change is coming...imo.

• By ronscarpa
      1-17-2019   Newshound Guru Breitling   People are asking me about the oil prices.  There’s a big panic in the dinar world because the oil prices started going up…Fact - the United States has control over the oil markets and the price is going to go down.  It’s going to force these countries to do all sorts of stuff…cause they are going to go broke if they don’t.  They know it.  We know it.  We know where they’re break even points are…so people are seeing the oil prices go up.  It’s short term.  

1-17-2019   Intel Guru Delta   FROM IRAQI TV:   The Economic and Investment Committee....  Iraq may be forced to float the dinar to encourage investment in Iraq. 

1-17-2019   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat   Article:  "WHEN WILL THE IRAQI DINAR BE REVALUED?"  So again the CBI is telling us and I quote - “the revaluation of the Iraqi dinar is ready to be implemented by the country’s Central Bank; however, the Parliamentary Economic and Investment Commission HAD DECIDED TO POSTPONE THE REVALUATION UNTIL NOW TO 2019”.  What is this telling us?  1)Again the CBI does not work alone and needs the support of the rest of the government.  2)The project to delete the zeros was postponed until 2019. Again...this confirms that perhaps this year of 2019 is our year to get it done.  It is now January 2019 folks..! 

1-17-2019   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   I...want to point out every year someone says look at the budget for a change. ...The budget has nothing to do with any reforms and can be made retroactive at anytime.

1-17-2019   Newshound Guru MilitiaMan    The answer from the contact specifically says...as I have and others have suggested...They are article 8 compliant imo ... Like has been said for years, they don’t have to tell us.. But by actions they are.   ...In other words. Imo, They show us they are article 8 just as they rightfully can without yet specifically saying so for 30 days ... 

1-17-2019   Intel Guru Delta    Single Currency Crosses...LOT OF MOVEMENT NEVER SEEN BEFORE...SPECIALLY...EUR/IQD AND GBP/IQD...  

1-17-2019   Intel Guru Frank26   ...my friend [Guru] Walkingstick is working with the Government of Iraq and the Central Bank of Iraq.  Not only on the 2nd set of books that was successfully done. But because those books were successful on the 30th of December of 2018 my friend’s firm received 240 contracts from the Gov’t of Iraq.  ...The Government of Iraq has started internally. In fact 24 of those 240 contracts have already been paid! And they were paid in IQDs...they were paid at a rate of one to one to the USD!   ...Let’s say for example the contracts were worth 200,000. And the 200,00 was paid is paid to my friend’s firm in Iraqi dinars...that 200,000 dinars was presented in the contract at a rate of 1 to 1 to the USD.  So that 200,000 dinars is actually $200,000.00 American dollars...my friend has a contract in his hands at 1 to 1 with the American dollar and the Iraqi dinar..(post1of2) 

1-17-2019   Intel Guru Frank26   ...IMO, on December the 30 when my friends firm was given 240 contracts at a  rate of one to one with the American dollar they lifted the three zeros electronically in country!!! And this is exactly what they told you they were going to do!!!   ...240 contracts are a lot of contracts at a new RI rate.. And as I said they have gone from the NEER (Nominal effective Exchange rate) to the REER (Real effective Exchange Rate).   Soon it will be announced publicly at a rate of 1 to 1 because these calculations have been done, tested and approved. But above all they have been built on Int’l standards.  ...IMO, a 1 to 1 in country is something that we, as investors of the IQD, will never see!  (hint: IMO the rate we see will be much higher)...(post 2 of 2)... 
       Lets hope this is true, and will actually manifest itself on the designated payoff date ( I think is was stated as 2 Feb in an earlier post). We shall see...!
    • By ronscarpa
      1-16-2019   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat   Will the reinstatement happen in 2019?  We don’t know when the reinstatement will occur for sure and many say the project to delete the zeros is now all done. So go figure?  ...This news is coming from some VERY credible sources of information...   ...there are no more delays expected. The process is on the move. They (WHO ARE "THEY"..?) are telling us once again 2019 is our timeframe. OK – hold on to your horses! I do not know the exact timeframe in 2019 but all we can confirm is two things – 1) they just told us this week in the news media that 2019 is our year; and 2) we know they normally like to target January and we still have half of the month of January remaining.  So let’s see what happens in January and if it does not happen then we move to another target...(post 1 of 2)...More to come..!

1-16-2019   Newshound Guru Kaperoni      A member of the Economic and Investment Committee said today that Iraq may be forced to float the dinar to encourage investment in Iraq...Sound familiar?   There is no doubt in my mind we will see the dinar float at or about the same time as the launch of the banking system and market economy for investment.  Hang in there.  This seems to be the year Iraq will move forward launching a private sector and encouraging foreign investment.

1-16-2019   Intel Guru Bruce   [via PinkRoses]    ...it is kind of coming down to the wire now. We are getting some really positive input...We heard some activity started last night. ...We believe that we are at the point very little is required now before we get notified to go.   ...there has been a number of meetings and conference calls in the recent days... Calls that took place with the large banks in conjunction with the Secretary of the Treasury...we think part of the plan was to talk about where we are in terms of the release and...can this thing happen immediately meaning in the next day or two.  ...What I am telling you is you are very close. Everything we can say about Iraq appears to have been completed...We hope that we are at the end of the ride because the evidence is showing things are moving.  I can just can tell you the rates that will be on the front screens for the Dinar and Dong will be much closer together than we thought.

1-16-2019   Newshound Guru  Daytrader  A number of members have expressed concern over a statement regarding an IMF Article IV consultation not occurring until later this year.  This is Iraq’s normal Article IV consultation schedule.  Most countries have an Article IV consultation with the IMF every 24 months, including the United States. It provides an opportunity for both the IMF and the country to discuss specifically where the country might have monetary policy or procedural shortcomings that need correction, and review what they’re doing that meets Article IV criteria...(post 1 of 2)...

1-16-2019   Newshound Guru Daytrader   All that happens as the result of the consultation is agreement on a plan of action to make any necessary corrections.  There is no failure, only a plan of action to rectify concerns. Iraq and the IMF have been planning the reinstatement of the IQD for a very long time, and during this time they continued to develop and fine-tune the process specific to Iraq's needs.  IMO this has nothing to do with, nor will it have any impact on, what we seek...(post 2 of 2)...

1-16-2019   Intel Guru RayRen98   Contracts are to be funded by February 5, 2019.   [Could this be the outside date?]  PM Mahdi sent out a tweet stating that he is moving onward with implementing the program for government that was presented to Parliament and intends to complete it within the time frame that was previously announced. It appears he is making promises to the Iraqi citizens.

• By ronscarpa
      1-15-2019   Newshound Guru MilitiaMan   Article:  "The Central Bank cancels a 2% commission payment for the $20 category and less"  Well well.. Now why in the world would they cancel 2% commission on relatively small category notes of foreign currency?  ...The CBI is doing this for a reason and I suspect it is for a very good reason. As in, they are going to have similar small notes that have more value therefore, they will have to exchange similar notes on a daily basis.. So imo, this is huge...imo.

1-15-2019   Newshound Guru tlm724    [Q? : I read...that we need article 8 from the IMF before Iraq can reval, is there any truth to this?]  
      Yes there is truth in that.

1-15-2019   Newshound Guru  Kaperoni   If you go back and read some of the transition documents...from the IMF, it fits right in line with the plan we see evolving in Iraq.  I also encourage anyone who has not yet reviewed the IMF Article IV Consultation from 2013 and 2017 to go...and review this information.  It also fits in line with what we are seeing evolve in Iraq. 

1-15-2019   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat   Question: So what happens to the currency in circulation and the currency that was printed but never circulated when this takes place? Does the value go down? e.g. 25,000 notes become worth only 25 dollars? 
      If they delete three 0’s 1 dinar would be worth 0.85 cents as of today.

• By ronscarpa
      1-14-2019   Newshound Guru Sunkissed   In my opinion, the TIMING of this article is utterly FANTASTIC...this article gives us the DROP DEAD DATE..? (imo).   FEBRUARY 02, 2019.   JORDAN IS RACING AGAINST TIME.  why?  Well... imo... it looks like... February 02, 2019 is a deadline date to IMPLEMENTATION. For what?  Remember that December 29-30 meeting when many contracts were signed? Looks like Jordan signed some "old" deals that were "renewed" - I suppose we would use the word "updated" (to reflect a new rate? a more competitive price, since so many contractors are FLOODING into Iraq?)  So... there's the PRESSURE..! Contracts were signed on December 29-30 and to be IMPLEMENTED BY FEBRUARY 02, 2019..!   ..(post 1 of 2).... 

1-14-2019   Newshound Guru Sunkissed   ...After all the haggling and demands that Iraq has served up to Jordan... the bottom line actually rests with Iraq:  THEY MUST HAVE PURCHASING POWER to be able to absorb the MASSIVE QUANTITIES of goods, minerals, etc., coming INTO Iraq!  Ball is DEFINITELY in Iraq's court!  Promises were made in the BEGINNING of 2018!! (Respect the first quarter! Sound familiar? -- [Guru] Walkingstick was accurate!)  And now, the longer they wait, the more difficult, if not impossible it will be for Jordan to perform in time!  BUT...in order to perform on their contract... Iraq MUST FIRST HAVE PURCHASING POWER!  Iraq HAS TO BE READY AND ABLE TO PAY THEM!  Therefore, February 02, 2019, appears to be the back-wall, Drop Dead Date, "to be an exquisite mutual-beneficial relationship."  If February 02, 2019 is the Drop Dead Date, then we are looking at Feb 02 - 04 (Monday) for the IQD to go live.  However... IMO.... it certainly could go before that date..!  ...(post 2 of 2)... 

1-14-2019  Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat   The House of Representatives ended its session on Saturday, the House of Representatives finished the first reading of the draft law on financial management. Nothing happened on voting for cabinet members on Saturday.  MP of the Alliance for Reform and Reconstruction, Hassan Fadas, said that on Monday, the resolution of the Interior Ministry candidate is the main obstacle to completion of the ministerial cabinet. Let’s see how this plays out….  ...there is news about the intention of Faleh Fayyad too withdraw his candidacy from the Interior. If this happens there may be some real progress finally in this direction. Let’s see how it plays out this week,,,(post 1 of 2)... 

1-14-2019   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat   But as sure as I am writing this...today, we are all of a sudden going to see a burst of flames as we know the tinder is already starting to smoke and is about ready to flare up. As in starting a good camp fire, we can see that much activity is about to burst into action and will soon move forward very aggressively. The two items they need for this to happen is to get the 2019 budget passed and then these remaining cabinet positions off of proxy and into solid, technocrats for these remaining positions....(post 2 of 2)... 

1-14-2019   Newshound Guru  Kaperoni   [Q? : I’ve always heard the government has nothing to do with the Dinar. That only the CBI could begin the float. If so then why do people say only when the government is set the float can begin.]   Monetary policy is the CBI.  That being said, such a significant event requires support from the Iraqi government.  As well, much of the directives being implemented by Iraq are part of the reforms agreed under IMF or WB Stand by Agreements.

1-14-2019    Intel Guru RayRen98  Today's Parliament session has been postponed until Wednesday at 1:00 due to a lack of quorum. [And the band played on...]  Citizens are not happy with Mahdi's "progress" thus far...they are saying the corruption is still rampant in the government. Unofficial report: Things (rate activity) should get started today in Iraq and filter over to us this week. Time Will Tell...

1-14-2019   Newshound Guru MilitiaMan   [Q? : ...are you looking for this in EARLY 2019, MID 2019, LATE 2019...]  I believe...they are ready to implement now with all the signs they have shown us over the last year.  We know contracts have time stamps... T & T were said to be ready at a moments notice to be applied. We see a very large trading partner in country this week talking directly about money exchange. So, as for me the signs I see are not mid or late...  There are fireflies on the ground over there that suggest that the citizens have been told they are getting a gift from GOD, they very well may have been placated for now, but, how long they will not get antsy is anyone's guess...(post 1 of 2)...  

1-14-2019   Newshound Guru MilitiaMan   Lets not forget that there was an article 01/02/2018 talking about linking the IQD with a basket of currencies (They let that cat out of the bag, and big time).  The stir was the authority was saying hold on a minute... Lets not link to lower value currencies..!! ...Nothing has changed as far as getting your purchase power, it is that we are going to get you more if we use an stronger basket...Thus, they bought more time? We shall see if it plays out like that. imo...(post 2 of 2)... 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.