Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

No Power Bill Ever (after set up of course)

bigwave

***/// Works great at 'OlSarge'sFishCamp in Panama.

Love it !   Just make sure to invest in good batteries up front... it's worth it.:twothumbs:

and here... well....

37 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

It is great for some but some cities restrict the installation of batteries. Don't get me wrong I am all for it.

I had solar on my old house and loved it. 

We told the city we're gone most of the time which is why our grid bill is so low.

NUNYA - (None Yo Damn Bidniz) :P

True, we are in Panama alot, but someone is always here at our CONUS bivouac.

Those "batteries"... yuh, they're for our electric wheel chairs & emergency medical equipment...

see, one of us has sleep apnea & needs the emergency back up for the machine...

Works every time !  (wink, wink... !)  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Great solar setup you have there bigwave...

Mine is a very simple setup. 24v panels regulated by a giant rheostat.

Battery voltage regulated by primary and a backup solenoid "voltage dump battery regulators". 20 deep cycle marine 100ah batteries. 3 - 24v wind turbines. Everything inside but the small frig runs straight off a 24vX12vdc transformer. 

I run the generator to pump water or run the vacuum etc. at my bugout cabin 12 miles from the nearest electric pole...

2018-12-15_09_37_1VSTC935608ZJWZE.jpg

2019-01-01_16_42_2VSTB401700XVFLR.jpg

2019-01-06_09_13_1VSTC935623SDVSG.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

great! Unfortunately, here, the HOA by-laws stipulated no solar panels on the property. The state stepped in and passed a law to counter this and since the by-laws cannot go against state or federal law, it became a moot issue. Stupid company that runs the HOA doesn't want to hear this so they are threatening to take anyone to court and put liens against the property if anyone installs solar panels. They don't have to put liens on the house for the solar panel, they have been known to send out a warning notice for lawn art put in a flower bed citing that if any change is done to the exterior of the property it has to be approved first. And yet fences go up that go against the city and the bylaws. Good thing the digital antenna can fit inside the attic. I hate HOAs and the sooner the rv the sooner they are in the rear view window.