Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Cruz & Rooney Introduce Amendment to U.S. Constitution for Term Limits

cruzrooney-696x239.jpg
cruzrooney-696x239.jpg

Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Congressman Francis Rooney (R-FL) introduced an amendment to the United States Constitution today.

You can read the full statement from the Senators below.

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Rep. Francis Rooney (R-Fla.) today introduced an amendment to the U.S. Constitution to impose term limits on members of Congress. The amendment would limit U.S. senators to two six-year terms and members of the U.S. House of Representatives to three two-year terms.

“For too long, members of Congress have abused their power and ignored the will of the American people,” Sen. Cruz said. “Term limits on members of Congress offer a solution to the brokenness we see in Washington, D.C. It is long past time for Congress to hold itself accountable. I urge my colleagues to submit this constitutional amendment to the states for speedy ratification.”

Francis Rooney stated, “The American people support term limits by an overwhelming margin. I believe that as lawmakers, we should follow the example of our founding fathers, Presidents George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, who refused to consider public service as a career. Our history is replete with examples of leaders who served their country for a time and returned to private life, or who went on to serve in a different way.”

The amendment was cosponsored by Sens. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), Mike Lee (R-Utah), and David Perdue (R-Ga.).

The full amendment may be viewed here. Sen. Cruz introduced a similar amendment in January of 2017.

• Upvote 4

I believe we are seeing some slow progress....often times these bills get lost or stalled in committee....I would add my wish list .....first the just reintroduced HR 24......which requires a complete accounting for, and audit of the fed......then HR 5404......which would create a gold based standard of unit for the USD.....lastly revive HR 2417....the Shield Act......this would shore up the entire US electrical grid against an EMP...natural or man made....for about $1Billion USD......a EMP event could put the US back into the late 1800's......

Add term limits......better border security with common sense immigration laws.....oh......

Wake me up......I must be dreaming!       CL

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am  so sick of these morons, what kind of game do they think they are playing?

They wait until the Democrats have stolen the House via voter fraud and then put forth this bill KNOWING FULL WELL 

that NOTHING will ever come of it. Like voting to end Obamacare when Obama was still President. 

The arrogance and ignorance of these people is utterly amazing. 

Why the heck didn't you put this bill up for a vote when you controlled everything Teddy boy.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I am  so sick of these morons, what kind of game do they think they are playing?

They wait until the Democrats have stolen the House via voter fraud and then put forth this bill KNOWING FULL WELL 

that NOTHING will ever come of it. Like voting to end Obamacare when Obama was still President. 

The arrogance and ignorance of these people is utterly amazing. 

Why the heck didn't you put this bill up for a vote when you controlled everything Teddy boy.

They just want what every other government wants! The money and control. Its a 2 party system, the government and us. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jg1 said:

They just want what every other government wants! The money and control. Its a 2 party system, the government and us. 

True Dat.

It was just announced this week that the non resident Senator from Kansas has finally decided to flee the nest and not run 

for re-election. If this RV happens I just might run for the Senate and be a constant thorn in everyone's side showing them 

how stupid they all are. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

True Dat.

It was just announced this week that the non resident Senator from Kansas has finally decided to flee the nest and not run 

for re-election. If this RV happens I just might run for the Senate and be a constant thorn in everyone's side showing them 

how stupid they all are. 

Maybe I could be your camera guy. LOL

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Common big boy, lets ride this train to Washington and show em how it's done;. 

Hey now that is a plan. Two retired Jarheads running Washington!

what could possibly go wrong?

I Suggest Shabs for Campaign Mgr.

he is far more articulate than I.

i tend to use nukes where grenades will do.

you go save the USA I will stay here and oversee your children’s home sir.

P.S.

Walk! You are far to substantial to ride on this 59 year old Jackass!

Edited by Muleslayer
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Muleslayer said:

Hey now that is a plan. Two retired Jarheads running Washington!

i tend to use nukes where grenades will do.

you go save the USA I will stay here and oversee your children’s home sir.

Walk! You are far to substantial to ride on this 59 year old Jackass!

:lmao::lol::P:D

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ
  • Haha 1