Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Fed: US economy is growing at a moderate pace with positive outlook

In a new attack .. Trump: The only problem for the US economy is the federal

In a new attack .. Tramp: The only problem for the US economy is the federal

24 December 2018 09:10 PM
Direct: US President Donald Trump again criticized the Fed boss to blame the bank 's losses in the stock markets.

Trump wrote in a tweet via Twitter on Monday that the only problem facing the US economy is the Fed.

1024.jpg

"The Fed does not feel the market and is not aware of the necessary trade wars, the strong dollar, or even the closure of the government by the Democrats because of the border dispute," he said.

The Wall Street market is experiencing sharp losses on the day as the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 500 points after the US bourse suffered its worst weekly performance since October 2008.

The US government also entered a partial closure for the third time this year amid a row between Republicans and Democrats over funding the wall along the border with Mexico.

He likened the Trump to a strong golfer who could not score a goal because he did not have the skill to play.

Trump's eulogy was preceded by a comment by US Treasury Secretary Stephen Menuchin on his personal page on the social networking site that points to the dispute between President and Powell.

1024.jpg

"I think that increasing interest rates and reducing the Fed's portfolio is absolutely terrible to do at this time," he said.

"Especially in the light of my major trade negotiations, which are still going on but I have never referred to the separation of President Jerome Powell and I do not think I have the right to do so," Trump said.

Several media reports quoted by the US network "CNBC" reported that President Donald Trump is considering how to oust Jerome Powell from his post as head of the Federal Reserve.

Last week , the US central bank announced a rate hike for the fourth time this year, with the pace of growth curtailing next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Listen247.pngWatch.png

RUSH: On the market, there’s so many things here to observe about this.  The stock market is down 4,000 points since October.  It’s now down to 21,990.  It’s barely under 22,000, down 455 for the day.  You know what short sellers are, right?  These are people that bet on prices of things to go down.  You know who one of the biggest short sellers in the world is? George Soros.  This is how, in fact, he has made the lion’s share of his fortune is betting or going short on currencies.  I have no doubt that Soros is in the mix here.

650-080217-Stock-Market-UP.jpgRaising interest rates, the Federal Reserve, can have a deleterious effect, but not to this extent.  I mean, the Fed raising interest rates by itself is not responsible for this large a sell-off. And, by the way, I was just reading CNBC.  This is the kind of garbage that you really should ignore.  They’ve got a story that says, “Hey, we could be in the beginning of a six-month correction,” meaning this is only the first of six months of this kind of stuff, which I don’t think is the case at all.

But sit tight, my friends, throughout the broadcast today, because we’ve got these three primary things we want to address today plus all the audio sound bites blaming me for every bit of it.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Stock market is down over 4,000 points now since early October. And you had the Treasury secretary, Steven Mnuchin calling the six largest bank CEOs to assure them that there’s still credit, there’s still liquidity in the credit markets, meaning there’s still plenty of money to borrow, the institutions are alive and well and making sure that these banks know that, not to start tightening up, and everybody said, “Wait a minute. Things must be wrong if the guy’s making a phone call.”

It’s kind of like when the manager or the owner gives the coach a vote of confidence. The coach is soon to be fired. Mnuchin announces that he’d made this call. Nobody was thinking about this ’til he made the call, ’til he announced it. Now everybody’s concerned Mnuchin’s calling to let ’em know that there’s a concern about liquidity and credit, and this has unnerved people.

FB-002-013018-Wall-Street-Trump.jpgPeople I know in the financial business — and by the way, they’re a different breed. You would not believe the emails I get from these people. This is the biggest thing in the world in the last 20 years, this current activity with the stock market. It’s all they’re talking about, thinking about, writing about. I’ve never seen such pessimism. It’s a unique breed of person in that business. But, anyway, Mnuchin going on and on and on about, you know, whether or not credit is available, trying to assure people that it is, it’s just added to the nervousness that is already being felt by a lot of people.

But there’s so much going on. You remember quantitative easing when the Fed just started printing money left and right and most of that ended up as purchased securities in the stock market, did you know that the Federal Reserve, recent financial reporting today, the Federal Reserve is actually insolvent, they’ve got about $39 billion in capital, and they just had to write off $66 billion in losses on securities holdings, i.e., the bad mortgages they bought up in 2008, quantitative easing.

Remember all that worthless paper that all the lenders kept selling and reselling and reselling, lying to people. It was these mortgages that never had a chance of being paid back because they were given to people that couldn’t pay ’em, people that didn’t have jobs all because Obama and the left thought it was unfair that not everybody could have a house. So the government was forcing and pressuring lending institutions to make loans to people that would never pay it back. We got the subprime mortgage crisis, and it was the Fed that ended up buying up all that stuff, and that was quantitative easing. They were printing money to buy up that worthless paper, and it was being turned over to the stock market.

Well, at some point it’s all still worthless! It still has to come due! I mean, all of this that was printed to buy a bunch of stuff that ended up having no value whatsoever, they started acquiring this stuff in 2008, quantitative easing. And now the Fed is raising rates and trying to sell off some of the bonds and other things that are in their, quote, unquote, portfolio.

It’s not an immediate crisis in terms of the liquidity ’cause they can always print money to cover itself, but this just has people very jittery. And, folks, I’ll tell you, it all can be traced back to that stupid subprime mortgage. At some point all of that has to be paid for. All of those worthless mortgages being repackaged as different product and then sold and packaged again and sold.

APP-101118-Wall-Street.jpgAnd meanwhile, none of these things they were selling were gonna produce any income. They were mortgages that were given to people that had no jobs. So the Fed does quantitative easing, which is printing, and this was to prop up the Obama administration in part. The money ends up in the equities markets, the securities markets. And we’re now at a day of reckoning.

Now, you add to this the raising of interest rates. Trump is exactly right about this. The Federal Reserve is doing great damage to this economy by raising rates. The market, quote, unquote, just gets paranoid over inflation. Whenever there is the slightest appearance of any or the thought there might be some, they start talking about raising rates to slow down an economy. The last thing in the world we wanted to do was slow down the economy unless there were some people that wanted to damage Trump!

With as discombobulated as the Washington establishment is over Trump and the fact that they haven’t yet been able to get rid of him, as far as I’m concerned, every possibility is on the table to explain this. There could be a whole bunch of justifiable reasons why this is happening. And there could also be reasons that people would chalk up to conspiracies or what have you.

Now we’ve got Bank of America telling reporters at CNBC this morning that, “Hey, this is a long overdue correction,” meaning this stock market should have never, ever made it to 25,000. It should have never made it to 26 thousand, whatever. It was all illegit, and this correction has been long overdue and the people at B of A are saying this correction may go for another six months, which I don’t think is gonna be the case whatsoever.

At some point people are gonna get tired of watching their portfolio shrink and do whatever they can. What Mnuchin was trying to activate here was something called they called a plunge protection team to initiate the plunge protection scheme. And it’s all based on assuring the markets that there is enough liquidity for credit, meaning for people to borrow, to expand, for whatever reason. And as long as that’s the case, then all the rest of this is not that bad.

But if the credit markets dry up, then there’s real panic. Because credit is all this market has been since quantitative easing. I should go back to my transcripts and look, ’cause I have been suspicious of this, when I found out what it actually was, quantitative easing was just printing money to handle subprime mortgage crisis, and that money ends up at the stock market. Because the rest of Obama’s economy was stagnant and flatlined, except the market was just skyrocketing upward, which everybody in the Obama Regime was pointing to.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

• yota691 changed the title to In a new attack .. Trump: The only problem for the US economy is the federal

Report: Trump frustrated by the performance of Stephen Menuchin

Report: Trump frustrated by the performance of Stephen Menuchin

26 December 2018 12:59 PM
Mubasher : US Treasury Secretary Stephen Menochin is likely to be in grave danger in his relationship with President Donald Trump, according to press reports.

Earlier this week, the US Treasury Secretary made several calls with executives of six major US banks to boost confidence in the US financial system after the turmoil in the markets.

The US stock market recorded the worst performance in the Christmas night session on Monday, with the Dow Jones shedding 653 points to close at 210,792.2 points, the lowest closing since September 7, 2017.

CNN quoted sources familiar with the matter as saying Wednesday that Manuchin was in serious danger, although Trump confirmed yesterday that he was still confident about the performance of his cabinet secretary.

For his part, the White House stressed that these press reports have no basis.

CNN had previously said Trump was frustrated by Stephen Menuchin because he urged the appointment of Jerome Powell as chairman of the Federal Reserve.

The US president criticized the Fed again that week, saying the only problem facing the US economy was the Fed.

• Thanks 2

Markets are telling Trump: Get your act together

d71d8730-b505-11e7-9d22-5f11dcad3fc7_95c8d770-a796-11e7-969e-57b4943fb762_Oath1.jpg
Rick Newman
Senior Columnist
Yahoo FinanceDecember 26, 2018

Trump attacks on Fed Chair may lead to market turmoil

Trump attacks on Fed Chair may lead to market turmoil
Yahoo Finance Video
b410e3e0-0798-11e9-b4d7-9230efa4aa74
Scroll back up to restore default view.

Why is the Treasury Secretary asking banks if they have enough cash? What’s wrong with the Federal Reserve chairman? And how’s the trade war going, anyway?

These are questions investors shouldn’t be asking. Yet President Trump’s chaotic presidency is creating new worries for financial markets beyond typical concerns such as corporate earnings and economic growth. Markets that normally shrug off political shenanigans are now pricing in the possibility that Trump himself is the biggest threat to profits and prosperity.

Trump is obviously distressed about the recent stock-market selloff, with the S&P 500 down 12% for the year, and the NASDAQ in a full-blown bear market. What Trump doesn’t seem to realize is that he is personally becoming a bigger and bigger cause of the selloff. And each reactionary Trump twitch aggravates the problem.

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin—probably at Trump’s behest—recently called the CEOs of the nation’s biggest banks to ask how stable their institutions are. Then he tweeted the happy news that the banks have “ample liquidity available.” Nobody was worried about bank liquidity before Mnuchin brought it up. Now people are worried. If the nation’s top financial policymaker thinks he needs to ask banks whether they have enough money, something must be wrong.

Trump has been seething about interest rate hikes by the Federal Reserve, and asking whether he can fire Fed chair Jerome Powell, whom he appointed in 2017. The Fed isn’t perfect, and some economists think it might make sense for the Fed to slow its pace of hikes. But rates are still well below historical norms and there’s broad agreement that the Fed is generally doing the right thing. Except for Trump, who apparently thinks the Fed should goose the stock market indefinitely, so it boosts his approval rating.

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin, File)

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin, File)
More

This comes amid a partial government shutdown Trump said he would be “proud” to trigger, and a trade dispute with China that is raising costs for businesses and consumers, for no obvious gain. Trump seems to think he can jawbone markets higher, or have his minions do it for him—similar to the way he can promise a border wall and win enough votes to get elected president.

Interfering with the Fed

But markets aren’t that gullible, and they’re now sending Trump a message he ought to heed: Get your act together. Markets largely tolerated Trump’s disruptive behavior during the first 18 months of his presidency, in part because there were countervailing goodies such as a sharp cut in the corporate tax rate and pro-business deregulation. But those stimulants have worn off and markets are now focusing on the damaging part of Trump’s mayhem strategy.

Trump is blatantly trying to interfere with Fed policy by publicly threatening Powell’s job security if he continues raising rates. The Fed is perhaps the only institution in Washington not tainted by political bias. Trump wants to end that and draw the Fed into his swamp. Since the Fed has more power over the economy than any other body, markets are right to be worried.

Trump is also driving markets lower with his protectionist trade policy, while trying to wave a shiny balloon with the other hand and distract attention. This works with some groups of voters, who like tough talk and don’t care about policy implications. But markets are the ultimate reality check, and they are now punishing Trump (and the rest of us) for trying to pretend bad outcomes are successes.

Adding to the cacophony are Trump’s knee-jerk decisions on withdrawing troops from Syria and Afghanistan, the protest resignation of Defense Secretary James Mattis, uncertainty about the shutdown and the dumbing-down of the entire Trump cabinet. Markets normally do a good job of filtering out political news that’s not relevant to the corporate sector, but that may be changing as Trump seems increasingly erratic and unaware of the damage he’s causing.

Every investor knows there’s one simple thing Trump should do about financial markets: Shut up. Stop bashing the Fed. Stop sending suck-up Cabinet secretaries out to endorse foolish policies. Stop commenting on the stock market at all. But Trump can’t shut up, and markets will have to live with that. Just as Trump will have to live with the ramifications of his own mouthiness.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I'll just add my own opinion here.......in 1913 this system we live by was installed.......

Government and Tax payers don't control it.

Instead a group of Finance/Bankers/Wealthy families control the Worlds financial dealings......

At this point in time the US is $21+ Trillion in debt........and the purchasing power of the dollar has dropped 97% since 1913.....

Why wouldn't anyone in their right mind want to dump the Fed.......

Just looking at the financial cycles.........we are due for a major correction.......it wouldn't have mattered which party was elected..........the Party's don't control this.....

When the dust settles........will we be better off with the old status quo system?  Or might the US be better off if we were able to blaze our own trails.......?

Blazing those new trails with the existing two party garbage dump we call DC is a bit frightening........yet.......I believe we would be better off independent from the establishment financial system that has run us into the ground.......

So go Trump........get it done......dump the Fed........but be aware the last one who tried to do just that was JFK.......and it wasn't long after that he left this world.........

Where do all the good men go?

CL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I'm sorry @Shabibilicious But I guess the market is now telling President Trump, "Thanks for getting your act together". 

But maybe it's just the game.

I think Donald relishes in the fact that his words affect the markets worldwide.  "With great power, comes great responsibility".

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

On 12/26/2018 at 10:17 AM, coorslite21 said:

I'll just add my own opinion here.......in 1913 this system we live by was installed.......

Government and Tax payers don't control it.

Instead a group of Finance/Bankers/Wealthy families control the Worlds financial dealings......

At this point in time the US is $21+ Trillion in debt........and the purchasing power of the dollar has dropped 97% since 1913.....

Why wouldn't anyone in their right mind want to dump the Fed.......

Just looking at the financial cycles.........we are due for a major correction.......it wouldn't have mattered which party was elected..........the Party's don't control this.....

When the dust settles........will we be better off with the old status quo system?  Or might the US be better off if we were able to blaze our own trails.......?

Blazing those new trails with the existing two party garbage dump we call DC is a bit frightening........yet.......I believe we would be better off independent from the establishment financial system that has run us into the ground.......

So go Trump........get it done......dump the Fed........but be aware the last one who tried to do just that was JFK.......and it wasn't long after that he left this world.........

Where do all the good men go?

CL

:tiphat:BRAVO !

The Creatures From Jekyll Island were a class of deep staters now adored by

their bastard spawn who want complete control of US.

They've gotten away with murder long enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Significant fluctuations in the performance of emerging market currencies as the dollar fell

Significant fluctuations in the performance of emerging market currencies as the dollar fell

07 January 2019 10:28 PM

Mubasher : Emerging-market currencies witnessed significant fluctuations during Monday's trading, in line with the weak performance of the US currency.

Emerging market currencies are mixed as the US dollar is pressured with optimism about trade on the back of the start of trade talks between the world's two largest economies.

The US currency was also hit by Fed Chairman Jerome Powell's comments last Friday that the bank would be flexible on monetary policy decisions this year.

Powell said the Fed would not hesitate to adjust the pace of budget cuts if the economy showed a need.

By 7:00 pm GMT, the Turkish lira fell 1.1 percent against the dollar to 5.3889 pounds.

Brazil's currency fell 0.5% against the US currency to 3.7341 Brazilian rials.

While the Russian ruble was the biggest gainer in emerging currencies, rising by 1.2% against the green paper to 66.7068 rubles.

South African currency rose 0.5% against the dollar to 13.8931 rand, and the Argentine peso rose 0.1% against the US currency to 37.3125 pesos.

By the end of the day, the Chinese yuan rose against the greenback by 0.3% to 6.8510 yuan after rising by 0.4% in early trading, the highest since December 4.

During the same period, the main dollar index, which measures the performance of the currency against 6 major currencies, fell 0.5% to 95.667.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Member of the Federations: Economic data do not warrant an additional increase in interest rates

Member of the Federations: Economic data do not warrant an additional increase in interest rates

16 January 2019 12:23 p
Mubasher: A member of the Federal Reserve confirmed that nothing in the data for the time being justifies an additional increase in the US interest rate.

"The jobs, wages and inflation data do not point to the need for further interest rate increases at the moment," Neil Kachkari, chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, said in discussions with the public at the Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday.

He added that he did not see at the moment a proof of pressure that would justify the implementation of an additional increase in the US interest rate.

Kashkari is one of the hawkish hawks in the Fed since he joined the US Central Bank in January 2016.

Kashkari had voted against decisions to raise the three interest rates in 2017 on the grounds that there was no sign that the economy was in a situation where demand exceeded production capacity.

A member of the Fed, due to vote again in 2020, said the central bank could always raise rates if inflation accelerates.

The Federal Reserve raised interest rates 4 times in 2018 with the pace of the increase in the current year reduced to two times instead of three previously proposed increases.

By 6:37 pm GMT, the dollar was up 0.7% against the euro, with the single currency falling to $ 1.1388.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Federal Reserve: Jerome Powell met Trump for discussions on economic outlook

Federal Reserve: Jerome Powell met Trump for discussions on economic outlook

05 February 2019 01:37 PM
Direct : Federal Reserve Bank President said that he met with US President Donald Trump at a dinner meeting on Monday to discuss the current economic developments, as well as expectations.

The Fed added that Powell's comments were in line with his remarks at the press conference following the Bank's interest rate decision last week.

Powell said last week that the reasons for raising interest rates had been somewhat weakened and that they would need to see the need to further raise interest rates, adding that inflation would be a key factor.

The statement added that Powell did not discuss his expectations on monetary policy, except to emphasize that the monetary policy will depend primarily on the economic information received and what it means to expectations.

The US central bank statement said Powell told the US president that monetary policy aims to support the Fed's mandate to reach maximum employment and stable prices, and that decisions "rely only on careful, objective and non-political analysis."

Last year, Trump was criticized several times by the Federal Reserve chairman, who opposes the monetary tightening process, which took place four times in 2018.

• Thanks 2

A former member of the Federal Reserve asks investors to monitor the economy, not the bank's budget

A former member of the Federal Reserve asks investors to monitor the economy, not the bank's budget

05 February 2019 04:34 PM
Mubasher : The former chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York has demanded that they stop monitoring the central bank's budget and focus instead on the economy.

William Dudley said in an opinion column published by Bloomberg on Tuesday that he was "astonished and puzzled" that investor attention was focused on the balance sheet of the Reserve Bank, noting that other culprits were likely to be the cause of volatility in financial markets .

The Fed is gradually cutting its $ 4.5 trillion budget, after years of buying government bonds to support the economy and markets after the global crisis.

"While some investors blamed stock market selloffs and other financial turmoil for the Federal Reserve to cut the balance, there were other reasons," Dadley said.

The US economy continued that the US Federal Reserve's balance sheet is not the threat that market participants point out.

Instead, the former Fed official advised investors instead to focus their attention on the economic outlook, "which will lead monetary policy and Fed decisions on the appropriate course of short-term interest rate increases next year."

• Thanks 2

Manuchin: Trump's meeting with the Fed chairman was very fruitful

Manuchin: Trump's meeting with the Fed chairman was very fruitful

06 February 2019 09:44 PM
Direct : US Treasury Secretary said that the meeting with President Donald Trump for the first time with the Fed chairman was very fruitful.

Stephen Manuchen told reporters at the White House on Wednesday that the president had dinner with Powell on Monday and spoke on issues ranging from the state of the economy to Super Bowl and Tiger Woods in golf.

The Treasury Secretary said Trump was very happy the first time he had met with Powell since he took over as Fed chairman a year ago.

Menuchin explained that Powell's talk to the US president was consistent with what he was saying publicly about the economy.

The Fed said in a statement that Powell had discussed with Trump economic developments and forecasts but did not mention the interest rate path.

In earlier statements, the Fed chairman said he was paying no attention to political considerations, saying Trump's criticism would not change anything about monetary policy.

• Thanks 3

A member of the federation calls for the bank to be ready to preserve the economy

A member of the federation calls for the bank to be ready to preserve the economy

13 February 2019 09:04 PM
Directly : a member of the Federal Reserve said that the bank should not move too quickly on monetary policy and weaken the US economy without inadvertently.

Federal Reserve Chairman Rafael Postic said at a banking conference in Dublin on Wednesday that he still sees a single increase in interest rates in 2019, provided the US economy grows by 2.5 percent, according to Reuters.

Earlier this month, he said the Fed should be patient about further rate hikes so that there is greater clarity in the economy's performance.

A member of the Fed explained that the outlook and uncertainty of companies require not rushing to a neutral interest rate. "We can take longer to get to that point," he said.

In January, the Fed decided to set interest rates, saying it would slow down monetary policy decisions amid suddenly bleak prospects for the US economy due to global adverse winds, trade issues and government budget deficits.

On external weaknesses affecting economic prospects, the Fed member cited trade uncertainty with China as a threat along with the slowdown of the Chinese economy.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

A member of the Fed calls for higher interest rates in the current and next years

A member of the Fed calls for higher interest rates in the current and next years

13 February 2019 10:56 PM
Direct : A member of the Fed 's outlook on the future of the US economy suggests the continuation of the central bank to increase interest rates in the current and next two years.

Patrick Harker, chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, said Wednesday that a one-time increase in interest rates for 2019 and 2020 would be appropriate, according to MarketWatch.

The Federal Reserve is expected to be patient about raising interest rates in anticipation of economic developments, after four increases last year.

Harker predicts that US GDP will grow slightly above 2% this year and then slow slightly to 2% by 2020.

Harker said he was not worried about inflation, saying: "If there's any change, it's going down a bit."

Economic data showed today that the US consumer price index (CPI) fell year-on-year at a 19-month low.

As for the basic inflation rate, which excludes the impact of food and energy costs, it recorded 2.2% during the 12-month period ending last January.

• Thanks 1

This is the back breaker on Trump economy...Seem to me the Fed are or attempt to Sabotage the effort for prosperity..these raise hikes have the banks filling the pockets again. IMO 

A member of the Fed expects the interest rate to be lifted and the balance sheet will be cut

A member of the Fed expects the interest rate to be lifted and the balance sheet will be cut

February 21, 2019 4:44 PM
Mubasher: A member of the Federal Reserve believes that interest rate increases are likely to close and the bond-holding program will be curtailed in the central bank's balance sheet.

In his comments with CNBC, the head of the Reserve Bank of St. Louis, James Bolard, said Thursday he believed the message from the Fed yesterday in his view was that the process of normalization in the United States had ended.

He said interest rates were already too high for now, but acknowledged that his view was the minority view among policymakers in the Federal Open Market Committee.

Pollard, one of the voters, confirmed policy decisions at the bank that he tried to convince his Central Bank colleagues that the interest rate had been raised too high.

The Federal Reserve raised its interest rate last year 4 times to currently range from 2.25 to 2.50%, but proved it at the January meeting.

A member of the Fed said raising the interest rate at the December meeting, which was the fourth increase in 2018, was a mistake and contributed to a negative reaction to the market, saying: "He argued against this move."

"I think the market started to think that we were very hard-line and might cause a recession.

The US central bank cut its forecast for interest rates this year to two times instead of three previously possible increases, but changed the tone this year to be a sign of  patience .

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, yota691 said:

This is the back breaker on Trump economy...Seem to me the Fed are or attempt to Sabotage the effort for prosperity..these raise hikes have the banks filling the pockets again. IMO 

February 21, 2019 4:44 PM
Mubasher: A member of the Federal Reserve believes that interest rate increases are likely to close and the bond-holding program will be curtailed in the central bank's balance sheet.

In his comments with CNBC, the head of the Reserve Bank of St. Louis, James Bolard, said Thursday he believed the message from the Fed yesterday in his view was that the process of normalization in the United States had ended.

He said interest rates were already too high for now, but acknowledged that his view was the minority view among policymakers in the Federal Open Market Committee.

Pollard, one of the voters, confirmed policy decisions at the bank that he tried to convince his Central Bank colleagues that the interest rate had been raised too high.

The Federal Reserve raised its interest rate last year 4 times to currently range from 2.25 to 2.50%, but proved it at the January meeting.

A member of the Fed said raising the interest rate at the December meeting, which was the fourth increase in 2018, was a mistake and contributed to a negative reaction to the market, saying: "He argued against this move."

"I think the market started to think that we were very hard-line and might cause a recession.

The US central bank cut its forecast for interest rates this year to two times instead of three previously possible increases, but changed the tone this year to be a sign of  patience .

Not surprised and its easy to see how many dont want our president to succeed. Sad.

• Like 2

Powell: The Fed will announce a plan to end the reduction of its budget "soon"

Powell: The Fed will announce a plan to end the reduction of its budget "soon"

27 February 2019 07:18 PM
Directly: Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said that the US central close to agreeing on a plan to end the process of reducing its balance sheet.

"I think we will announce something very soon about the bank's balance sheet cut," Powell said on the second day of testimony before the Senate Financial Services Committee.

The Fed Chairman's remarks coincide with market anticipation of the policy meeting of the US Central Bank on March 19-20.

The US central bank chief said in his pre-prepared testimony on Tuesday that the economy was sending mixed signals but highlighted the rationale for a "patience" approach to interest rates.

After the Federal Reserve raised interest rates four times last year, this year it changed its tone to be patient and rely on economic data.

• Upvote 1

Trump: The strength of the dollar hurts America's ability to compete

01:08 - 03/03/2019

Follow - up to the balance of News 
US President Donald Trump renewed his criticism of the Federal Reserve ( the US central bank) he said that tightened monetary policy contributes to the strength of the dollar and hurt the ability of the United States to compete. 
"I want a strong dollar, but I want it to be a good dollar for our country and not a dollar so strong that we can not deal with other countries," Trump said at a conference. 
Trump made the economy a key part of his political program and repeatedly criticized the Federal Reserve and its chairman, Jerome Powell, whom he personally appointed to the post, for raising interest rates. 
After raising interest rates four times last year, the central bank recently indicated that it would wait before another raise in recognition of growing concerns about the economic outlook amid volatile financial markets, slowing global growth and a US-China trade war.
"We have a polite man in the Federal Reserve who favors quantitative tightening, we want a strong dollar, but to be rational, can we imagine if we leave interest rates as they are ... if we do not resort to quantitative tightening, this would lead to a slightly lower dollar," Trump said, . 
The weak currency often strengthens the competitiveness of the country's exports

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Investors expect US interest rate cut twice by January

Investors expect US interest rate cut twice by January

29 May 2019 09:21 PM
Mubasher: Investors expected the Federal Reserve to cut US interest rates twice by January as economic concerns persist.

In the minutes of its last meeting earlier this month, the Fed expected continued patience with rates currently ranging from 2.25 percent to 2.50 percent even if the economy improves.

According to the index, which follows the Fed futures trading Wednesday, there is a 63 percent chance that the central bank will cut interest rates in September.

Investors also see a 62 percent chance of another rate cut in late January 2020.

The outlook for interest rate cuts as the yield on US 10-year bonds fell for the first time in three months, the lowest in three-month treasuries since the global financial crisis.

Investors have been increasingly concerned by the slowdown in economic growth as trade threats between the United States and China continue.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

This is a first I believe..maybe wrong..Go before congress about interest rate change..Geezz the Never Trumpers sabotage 

The stability of the US dollar globally in anticipation of Powell's testimony before Congress

The stability of the US dollar globally in anticipation of Powell's testimony before Congress

10 July 2019 11:11 AM
Direct : The US dollar stabilized against major currencies during trading on Wednesday, with anticipation the Fed chairman 's remarks before the US Congress.

By 0755 GMT, the dollar was down 0.08 percent at $ 1.1217, while the yen gained 0.09 percent to hit 108.95 yen.

The greenback was steady against the British pound at $ 1.2462 and fell against the Swiss franc by 0.1 percent at 0.9923 francs.

During that period, the major dollar index, which measures the performance of the currency against six major currencies, stabilized at 97.462

White House economic adviser Larry Kowaldo said officials from the world's two largest economies had held constructive telephone talks on Tuesday on trade conditions.

Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell is due to begin his testimony to Congress today, where he discusses the Fed's semi-annual monetary policy report.

" There is no need for a change in US interest rates for the time being, " said Patrick Harker, Fed chairman in Philadelphia .

He added: "The reduction in interest will be justified if the economy slowed significantly, noting that he did not see that this is happening now."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Fed: US economy is growing at a moderate pace with positive outlook