Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Qatari scheme in Iraq

Pitcher

The Qatari scheme in Iraq, spreading terror and chaos in Baghdad for 15 years

Observers have shed the light on the destructive role played by Qatar in Iraq, pointing out thatDoha is still in connection and providing support to terrorist organizations, including ISIS, Al-Nusra and Al-Qaeda.

Reports have also found links between the tiny emirate and Shiite armed factions and militias, mainly represented by the Iranian Militias in Iraq and Syria (IMIS), the matter that certainly will keep shackling Iraq to a state of instability.

Furthermore, many reports revealed that the Hamad’s regime has been tampering with the Iraqi environment and is still insisting on harming Baghdad.

Observers have further stressed that the visit of Qatari Minister of Foreign Affairs Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al Thani sought to activate the Qatari scheme in Iraq.

Image1_12201821174819452859852.png

Experts have affirmed to The Baghdad Post that over 15 years, especially since 2003, Qatar adopted a suspicious project that aims at spreading violence, chaos and sectarian conflict across Iraq, in  a way that serves Iran’s agendas and aspirations in the Arab region.

A Suspicious Project

Qatar has been providing unlimited support to the armed militias and terrorist groups across the Iraqi land, under the directives and support of Tehran.

After the rift in the Persian Gulf Cooperation Council in 2017 and Qatar's blockade by certain countries, Doha reviewed its foreign policy and established closer ties with regional foe Iran.

This support started with Doha embracing and providing a safe house for Al-Qaeda's Iraq frontman Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and provided him the freedom of movement between Iraq andAfghanistan by a Qatari passport and funded him with around a million dollars to strengthen the terrorist organization in Iraq.

The richest country in the world per capita has also developed a working relationship with a particularly wide range of governments and groups, from Hezbollah to the Taliban.

Qatar has also been supporting Muslim Brotherhood organizations in countries across the region during the Arab uprisings in 2011.

Doha had hosted Egyptian and, later, Syrian Brotherhood members for decades, including the maverick Egyptian cleric Yusuf al Qaradawi who has lived in Qatar since the 1960s.

Former vice president Iyad Allawi last year accused Qatar of promoting a plan to split Iraq along sectarian lines, voicing support for the isolation of Doha by some Arab states.

Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain have broken off ties and imposed sanctions on Qatar, accusing it of supporting terrorism and courting regional rival Iran - allegations Doha denies.

“In Iraq, Qatar adopted a project similar to that of Iran; to split Iraq into a Sunni region in exchange for a Shi’ite region,” Allawi told a news conference in Cairo. “Unfortunately, some Arab states were silent when it came to Qatar.”

Allawi was in Cairo to meet Egyptian leaders including President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi for discussions about oil and the conflicts in Syria, Yemen and Libya.

“It is time we all spoke honestly and made things clear (to the Qataris) so we can reach some results,” Allawi said. “After that confrontation, comes reconciliation.”

The One Billion Dollars Deal

The Baghdad Post also exposed, over a year ago, a secret deal between Qatar and terrorist organizations including Al-Nusra, Hezbollah,IMIS and ISIS, as Doha made secret payments totaling at least 1 billion dollars to secure a hostage release last year.

The payments were made just days after a 25-member Qatari hunting party, including nine members of the royal family, were released last year after being kidnapped in southern Iraq.

Image1_12201821175054715893628.png

The Qataris were abducted in southern Iraq in December 2015 and, although no group publicly claimed responsibility, the intercepted communications appear to show Doha dealing with a wide range of actors to obtain their release.

At least $50 million (Dh183m) was set aside for “Qassem”, or Qassem Soleimani, the shadowy leader of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps’ (IRGC) Quds Force that sponsors Tehran’s proxy groups across the Middle East, including Hezbollah in Lebanon, Houthi rebels in Yemen and Shiite militias in Iraq.

At least $150 million was handed to five individual intermediaries in total including the leader of Hezbollah, an Iran-backed Iraqi militant group marked by the US as a foreign terrorist organization. Included in the deal were also Hezbollah, Iran’s prized militia, and the Al Nusra Front, a Syria-based extremist group with links to Al Qaeda.

Qatari officials originally attempted to make the ransom payment in Iraq, but when officials sequestered and froze some $360 million inside 23 bags, the Qataris looked for another payment route, namely Lebanon. The money was then sent through Beirut’s Rafik Hariri International Airport to Iranian sponsor Hezbollah where it would make its way to Tehran.

Qatari Airlines Host Terrorists

The BBC detailed how Qatar paid $1.150 billion for terrorist groups, including the Iran-backed “Hezbollah” Brigades in Iraq, as ransoms for the release of hostages that were being held in Iraq. It said that Doha used Qatar Airways to transport the funds that it handed in cash to the terrorists.

Moreover, it added that the Doha regime enjoys ties with commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Quds Force Qassem Soleimani and had constantly coordinated with him to support the terrorist groups.

Image1_12201821174933701191911.png

The BBC further said Qatar Airways flew terrorists and armed militias across Arab countries and provided them with the necessary funds to carry out its devious schemes in the region.

Also, many reports indicated that Qatar is funding Al-Qaeda in Iraq around $1.5 million every month, it had also been pouring its money to armed faction in Iraq to stir conflicts and increase instability.

The Platform of Terror: Al Jazeera

As ISIS managed to take control over Mosul in 2014, Al Jazeera channel, based in Doha, kept on promoting for the terrorist organization and its leaders, claiming it is an Islamic organization that seeks to preserve the Sunni identity. After the liberation of Mosul, soldiers found car plates issued in Qatar.

Al Jazeera is also dedicated to support the aims and aspirations of Qatar and Iran in the region, by serving ISIS and attempting to improve the ugly face of organized terror by insisting on calling it “The Islamic State”.

Image1_12201821175018224634720.png

It also presents reports and documentaries on Al-Qaeda and its affiliates, which incent on violence and infightings and spread extremist ideas and ideologies.

A number of informed sources have further stressed that the current political crisis inBaghdad is mainly because of the interference ofQatar and Iran in Iran and their support to armed and terrorist organizations and groups.

Iran has also been standing behind the nomination of former head of the IMIS, Faleh al-Fayyadh, to the Ministry of Interior to maintain the state of chaos and disagreement that hinders the political process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, thanks to Donald Trump stupid ass everything that was accomplished in Iraq is about to be destroyed. My heart goes out to all of the U.S Soldiers and Good Iraq Citizens who lost their lives in Iraq. This traitor is giving Iraq to Russia and Iran. The Iraq's that are on America's side will loose all trust with the U.S. Trump made his decision from the advice of the Turkey President over General Mattis' advice. Unbelievable!!!! This man is a traitor and needs to be impeached before he leads us into WWIII. He is stupid enough to let putin talk him into a war.Damn!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 23

Yes! Rouge is an understatement. If you are not worried you need to be. This is only the beginning. No president in the history of America has ever  taken advise from the enemy over a Respectable 4 Star General who has given us 40 years of service! General Mattis stepped down and the rumor is more will follow him. This is very very serious. You know that putin and the iranians are celebrating! I am worried about America, American Soldiers in the Middle East the Iraq's and the Kurds in Syria, may God be with us!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 21

21 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

There is a big reason why Trump did what he did in Syria.  Do a little reading and you will maybe have a better understanding.  

BTW there is at least one General that thinks the move is a good one. 

I'm a huge Trump supporter but strongly disagree with this move 

I'm curious to know what info you have and if you could point me in right direction to read why this is a good idea?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Hey Greedy, Did you feel this way when your man Obummer pulled out of Iraq against the advice of his General's and advisors and allow all the progress we made there to be squandered and allowed ISIS to gain a huge foot hold in Iraq and trump had to go in and clean the place up again. Was Obummer treasonous?? Just asking!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

climber, I’m not so sure I agree with the move either but we are not privy to all the information.  I do know from my readings that The US is due to sell Turkey 3 b worth of fighter jets and patriot missles.  One of the main ways Russia is making money these days is peddling military equipment.  I believe this is a move to keep Russia from cozying up to Turkey.  I also think it is not the worst thing talking to Erdogan.  Turkey is a NATO Member

We have over 5 thousand troupes in Iraq. If we needed to I’m sure we could always go back into Syria.  This is a new story and will take a little time to figure out all the ramifications and specifics as to why President Trump wants to pull out.  My problem with the earlier posts are people who know nothing but have an agenda to trash Trump.  Remember the hysteria over North Korea.  How did that work out? Give the guy a chance. Geez. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 7

Geez this thread went to pieces.  When I posted it I thought we might get some discussion on Iran and Qatar, two of the ME instigators of terror.  Just goes to show you how political and divided we have become in this country.   Think it might be time to go back to my cave and sing some Christmas songs and give thanks that I get to live in a country where you can still express your opinion without being thrown in jail.  

• Upvote 6

From what I believe I have learned from you guys ? When personnel changes ? It sometimes signifies the end of one phase and the beginning of a new . All this week . We have the appointment of new United Nations personnel as of last Monday . General M. steps down this week . The President pulls troops from Syria back to Kurdistan this week after a phone call with the Leader of Turkey . Turkey then postpones a military operation in Syria. The President also begins to draw down troops in Afghansitan . He also says It Is Time To Plan Re-Construction Of The United States which is Fantastic News Mr President . It's also almost time for the Renaissance in Iraq. The News may be better than what it seems .It takes significant amounts of wealth to do that . The News may be better than what it seems ...... ?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5