Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

US House of Representatives approves funding of border wall with Mexico

Trump Wins Again! - Makes The LEFT Look Like Giant Fools | Trump Fan Network

This is a pretty funny "montage" of the before and after comments from the the Oval Office boarder wall meeting with NP & CS, and the passing of the CR in the House...LOL!

I have to say that quite a few people have egg on their face!

Indy

• Thanks 3

This is a pretty funny "montage" of the before and after comments from the the Oval Office boarder wall meeting with NP & CS, and the passing of the CR in the House...LOL!

Indy

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Oh did I....what 2 people would you be talking about?

GO RV, then BV

You know Shabs......if you post as you do.....you need to own it.....be like Trump.....he is owning this shut down......which is really fighting for better border security...so own your negativity and distaste for Trump.......CL

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Just now, Indraman said:

Indy

Woops...posted twice... Can I get a Mod to remove one of these?

Indy

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I truly don't believe anyone is against border security. I personally think the wall is just a monument. It isn't going to stop anyone from sneaking across if they really want to. It's like Chris Dodd from the Democrats who spent billion on the War of Drugs. It didn't stop anything but it sure made him and his supporters a lot of money... It's like our ten thousand gun laws. They don't stop criminals from getting guns. The wall like so many other things is propaganda and self serving to just another politician.

B/A

You are wrong. 

Ask the Germans, Israelies or Chinese.

I want you to see if you can get over a 30 foot wall 

and tell me it is easy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

You know Shabs......if you post as you do.....you need to own it.....be like Trump.....he is owning this shut down......which is really fighting for better border security...so own your negativity and distaste for Trump.......CL

How many times must I self-identify as a Never Trump guy before you all stop asking me to own it?

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

How many times must I self-identify as a Never Trump guy before you all stop asking me to own it?

GO RV, then BV

Ok....I feel your pain.....wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas.....perhaps in 2019 we can all try to get along better and try to support all who represent us better...Take care......CL

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Indraman said:

Indy

That was good!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

BA, it is a political issue and it is a political issue because many Trump supporters like myself have a real issue with illegals coming into our country.  The reason why the border walls we have now aren’t working is because past politicians both Dem and Rep did their usual thing when the public gets a little loud on an issue. 

They built a half a** wall thinking that would shut everyone up.  Business. as usual, exploit those illegals.  Then you get a Barry Administration who handcuffs our border patrol with catch and release, you Budget billions to provide free healthcare, free food, free housing etc, etc and bingo we have more illegals

You are so wrong on this subject it isn’t even funny.  We finally have a President who is listening to the people and he wants strong border security.  The term “Wall” is just a quick and easy way to say STRONG BORDER SECURITY.  Why won’t the Dems give him that, ( and many Reps)  The reason is easy, if you shut down the flow of illegals then you can’t exploit them.  Voters for the Dems, and workers for the Reps ( generalization, I know)

Real Border Security is a health issue, a drug issue, a law and order issue, a security issue, an economic, a culture issue and so much more,,,,but it’s no big deal.  We must not let Trump win. We must embarrass our President. I will never vote for any Democrat or Republican that doesn’t support Strong Border Security!!!!!!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, coorslite21 said:

As to the Senate vote on this....what is attached.....oh....an additional 7+ billion in disaster aid.....wonder how those Cali Senators might vote....and others waiting at the relief trough.....CL

Countable
House Passes Stopgap Bill With $5 Billion for Border Security & $7 Billion for Disaster Relief TAKE ACTION

(Updated 12/20 - 8:00pm ET) On a 217-185 vote, the House passed its amended version of the stopgap funding bill. The Senate will be in session to debate it tomorrow ahead of the midnight Friday funding deadline.

After President Donald Trump told House Republican leaders on Thursday that he wouldn’t signthe stopgap funding bill the Senate unanimously passed the night because it didn’t include $5 billion in funding for border security.

That prompted GOP leaders to come up with a new plan to avert a partial government shutdown at midnight Friday by adding $5.7 billion for border security and $7.8 billion for disaster relief to the continuing resolution (CR).

Earlier in the day, the House adopted ‘martial law’ or same-day authority ― which lets the Rules Committee send a resolution structuring debate around a bill (in this case the CR through February 8th) to the floor and, if approved, set up debate and a passage vote for the underlying bill the same day.

That allowed the Rules Committee to report a rule for the CR that was revised with an amendment aimed at meeting President Trump’s demand by providing $5.7 billion in funding for border security and $7.8 billion in disaster relief. A vote on the amended bill will likely occur Thursday evening.

What happens if it passes?

The amended bill would then have to be passed by the Senate, and it’s unclear whether it could muster the votes for passage.

Complicating matters, some senators have already left town ― so Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has told them to be prepared for a vote around noon if the House sends over the revised bill.

If the House’s bill doesn’t clear the Senate, then the two chambers would either need to work out a new compromise, or the House could take up the Senate-passed bill that excluded border security & disaster relief funding which would go to President Trump’s desk if passed.

The bill could become law without Congress having to override President Trump's veto if a version of it were to pass each chamber and sit on the president's desk unsigned (either way) for 10 days while Congress remains in session. (Congress often remains nominally in session despite not doing any actual legislative work by holding pro forma sessions and could do so up until the new Congress is seated.)

What happens if nothing passes by midnight Friday?

Then the third partial government shutdown of 2018 will have begun. Read more about what that would look like here, or refresh your memory about the first and second shutdowns.

— Eric Revell

(Photo Credit: iStock.com /FrozenShutter)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, chris smith said:

we the people dont need our worthless overpaid representives or senators as we have now our own way to fund wall on go fund the wall!!!! let this send very powerful message to reduce our bloated goverment who is out of touch with adverage citizen  ,go president trump!!!!

I think Go Fund the wall is an excellent idea.... Those who think will work can pay for it. 

B/A

• Downvote 4

Does that mean if we don't fund the wall ourselves that we don't have to pay for the illegal immigrants, health care, court cost, schooling, housing, welfare, deportations, etc?   That those that oppose the wall will pay for all those cost for all the years to come?  Sounds to me like if we pay for the wall and the illegal immigration decreases then you are making out great.  Less illegal immigration at no cost to you. 

So only SOME people should pay for the wall you and others don't agree with but ALL people should pay for  illegal immigrants, health care, court cost, schooling, housing, welfare, deportations, etc, that most people don't agree with.  Hmmmmmmmmmmm. 

Sounds a little lop sided.  But then one of my legs is shorter than the other.  It could be me.  Lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

***///

Well, there it is.

NO VOTE tonight.

Kickin' the can down the road - Senate states it will have no "test Votes" on the Budget issue

and will return to do a straight Vote only after both sides reach a consensus they all realise

must be reached for the good of The nation.

Yuh... good luck with that.  <_<  Will the leftist haters hate Trump less & love The American People more...?

Enjoy your vacay, Fed workers... a partial shut-down is headed your way.:tiphat:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, chris smith said:

we the people dont need our worthless overpaid representives or senators as we have now our own way to fund wall on go fund the wall!!!! let this send very powerful message to reduce our bloated goverment who is out of touch with adverage citizen  ,go president trump!!!!

Nice. You just earned your first Heart emogi. Keep your comments comming. 

The shut down is no big deal. It’s only 20% of the Government work force and it is only non essentials.  Social Security gets paid, Medicare and Medicaid gets paid, the mail gets delivered, etc, etc,  It is a dumb political stunt but if the President wants to make a stand on Border Security it’s best he do it now before he loses the House.  Shut it down, all 20% of it, the workers don’t care.  They get a paid vacation.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pitcher said:

The shut down is no big deal. It’s only 20% of the Government work force and it is only non essentials.  Social Security gets paid, Medicare and Medicaid gets paid, the mail gets delivered, etc, etc,  It is a dumb political stunt but if the President wants to make a stand on Border Security it’s best he do it now before he loses the House.  Shut it down, all 20% of it, the workers don’t care.  They get a paid vacation.  

That’s true...I’m a GS Department of the Army Civilian (DAC)...I’ll take that paid vacation...close it down!!!👍🇺🇸

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Give it... Your boy is losing it.. Maybe he should build a wall around the White House.

B/A

They did build it. However they call it a fence.  Like the one around your house. By now you know Trump was not loosing it. Congress passed the spending bill including 5.7 billion USD for the "slat" structure. along the southern border.  Now the Senate has to pass it. possibly with the help of the nuclear option.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, new york kevin said:

They did build it. However they call it a fence.  Like the one around your house. By now you know Trump was not loosing it. Congress passed the spending bill including 5.7 billion USD for the "slat" structure. along the southern border.  Now the Senate has to pass it. possibly with the help of the nuclear option.

Looks like the Senate said nope

B/A