Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Veteran who was shot 13 times in Iraq walks across stage, graduates from Middle Tennessee State University

Veteran who was shot 13 times in Iraq walks across stage, graduates from Middle Tennessee State University

An Army veteran who survived being shot 13 times while serving in Iraq was able to walk across the stage at Middle Tennessee State University on Saturday, thanks to the help from an on-campus organization.

Jay Strobino was injured in 2006, getting shot at close range and leaving the entire right side of his body riddled with bullets.

His company with the 101st Airborne Division was on a mission to grab a high-profile target when they were ambushed by enemy fighters. One militant fired at Strobino.

“He came back around and he shot me again, and right before he shot me again I was like, ‘this is it.’ That was it, all I could do was roll over and take the brunt of it again," Strobino told FOX17.

Strobino underwent over a year of rehabilitation and later enrolled at MTSU.

After getting in touch with the Daniels Veterans Center, which helps student-veterans with their academic needs, Strobino said he was finally able to graduate and walk across the stage with his degree in Exercise Science. Strobino also minored in Biology.

LOVE LETTER WRITTEN BY VETERAN IN 1954 DISCOVERED IN GEORGIA WALMART, REUNITED WITH FAMILY

“It's like a dream; I mean, it's not real. It doesn't feel real, it doesn't seem real in my body, in my mind,” he told FOX17.

Strobino, who currently works at a pharmacy, is considering continuing his education and going for his masters. He told WSMV he would like to get a job at the Department of Veterans Affairs to help fellow veterans one-on-one.

"The sky isn't even the limit. You can push past that, like there is no limit," he said.

Jay Strobino walked across the stage on Saturday after graduating from Middle Tennessee State University.

See the video at:https://www.foxnews.com/us/veteran-who-was-shot-13-times-in-iraq-walks-across-stages-graduates-from-middle-tennessee-state-university

• Upvote 1