Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump Cancels White House Christmas Party For Journalists

19 hours ago, caz1104 said:

I think the media is as much to blame as POTUS,  As a Leader....imo Trump sucks....as for his policies.....B- or C+. re-election.......doubtful at best

Media is far more to blame... they were hostile and non biased long before Trump got into office. The fact that Trump hits back goes against the status quo has brought a great deal to light. People don't like it so be it but they need to stop putting hteir head in the sand to appease everyone because it just lets others walk all over them. Those who speak get heard...those who don't get anything. i didn't say yell.  People don't like Trump on twitter but yet every politician uses twitter and facebook and other forms of social media. Trump is using the tools that are current in technology. At one point in time people hated the president using a car or having a body guard (i.e. secret service). Even during the time of Henry Ford there was opposition to the Model-T. Republicans were getting killed in SM and there was even questions back in 2008 on what to do about it. Trump's adhesive nature to Twitter is great! There is this website called Hootsuite in which I can write a tweet and have it scheduled to go out at anytime of the night. Then people have the perception I am up all night twitting and doing god knows what when the truth is that I am sleeping and dreaming of fairy plums dancing in my head. As a leader Trump is doing a fantastic job. Considering people were dying for conservatives to take the fight to the demoRats. Don't like how the fight is being conducted, do something about it. Quit being an armchair pundit. Get out and do something. Voting is great but its not enough. If you claim that the left has the schools then become a teacher if you are conservative and recruit other conservatives to be teachers. Its how the left started it. then you get people into places where they can hire others. Then the decision making positions. but if you whine and moan and do nothign you were better off with no energy yeb as your president or Hitlary.

• Like 1

I once had a lady say we need to we need to overturn Roe v Wade. I told her if that's her end goal then she needs to learn from the LGBTQ movement. No she wanted to overturn yesterday, everything. The left didn't get to where they are today because it was all or nothing. People don't change their mnds in that way in except extreme circumstances. You need to do it gradually and that takes time. She would have nothing of this. So instead of fighting for a step at a time she wanted to make the leap from a to z all at once. Not going to work. Trump is a stepping stone but more people who don't fight and bury their heads the more the left takes hold. We are a Constitutional Republic so that the minority voice gets heard but the minority was not supposed to be the only voice nor was it to be the defining voice. The left is moving this country towards authoritarian rule and most sit like a frog in water put on the stove to boil. It takes time to boil the water it just doesn't happen in a flash.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Word straight from Trump's mouth is he plans to shut the business down on the 21st if he doesn't get his way.....Man did he get owned in that meeting, they led him right where they wanted him to go.

GO RV, then BV

Nope my friend. You couldn't be more wrong than if you gotten bad Garmin directions. He did not get owned at all.  President Trump, and you know its true,  has been telegraphing for awhile that he is willing to partially shut down the government if the Congress does not give him the 5 billion to build the wall. The issue is that important to the American people and therefore that important to him.  The stupidity of Schumer and Pelosi came out when Schumer said ... " Well illegal immigration is down 90%, so what we have now is working . Right? " Yet Dem Congressman do not want to keep the number of US Troops presently at the border, on the border. Every American knows that as soon as they go, it goes back to the way it was, the illegals get into San Diego County, get drivers licenses, and there by get to vote illegally for Democratic candidates. So to keep the results where they are, and to get the Troops off the US border, build the 30 foot wall, 30 feet above ground and 20 feet (I believe) below ground. Save lives on both sides by eliminating illegal drugs from getting into our country, there by eliminating OD's. While also eliminating the death of the innocent who die because the coyotes do not give them the supplies they need to make it across the desserts they travel in .

• Thanks 2

and yet Bush signed for this in 2006

image1633170x.jpg

Bush Signs Border Fence Bill

•  
  •  
  •  

BY JOEL ROBERTS

OCT 26, 2006 / AP

President Bush signed a bill Thursday authorizing 700 miles of new fencing along the U.S.-Mexico border, hoping to give Republican candidates a pre-election platform for asserting they're tough on illegal immigration.

"Unfortunately the United States has not been in complete control of its borders for decades and therefore illegal immigration has been on the rise," Mr. Bush said at a signing ceremony.

"We have a responsibility to enforce our laws," he said. "We have a responsibility to secure our borders. We take this responsibility serious."

He called the fence bill "an important step in our nation's efforts to secure our borders."

The centerpiece of Mr. Bush's immigration policy, a guest worker program, remains stalled in Congress.

And a handful of House Republican are at the brakes, blocking negotiations with the Senate for a bill that includes the president's proposal.

Still, Mr. Bush argues that it would be easier to get his guest worker program passed if Republicans keep their majorities in the House and Senate after the Nov. 7 elections. His proposal would allow legal employment for foreigners and give some of the estimated 11 million to 12 million illegal immigrants in the United States a shot at becoming American citizens.

The measure Mr. Bush put into law Thursday before heading for campaign stops in Iowa and Michigan offers no money for the fence project covering one-third of the 2,100-mile border.

Its cost is not known, although a homeland security spending measure the president signed earlier this month makes a $1.2 billion down payment on the project. The money also can be used for access roads, vehicle barriers, lighting, high-tech equipment and other tools to secure the border.

Mexican officials have criticized the fence. Outgoing Mexican President Vicente Fox, who has spent much of his six years in office lobbying for a new guest worker program and a chance at citizenship for the millions of Mexicans working illegally in the U.S., calls the fence "shameful" and compares it to the Berlin Wall.

Others have doubts about its effectiveness.

"A fence will slow people down by a minute or two, but if you don't have the agents to stop them it does no good. We're not talking about some impenetrable barrier," T.J. Bonner, president of the National Border Patrol Council, a union representing Border Patrol agents, said Wednesday.

Customs and Border Protection statistics show that apprehensions at border crossings are down 8 percent nationally for the budget year that just ended, Bonner said. Apprehensions were up in the San Diego sector, he said, an area of the nearly 2,000-mile border that has the most fencing.

A spokesman for Customs and Border Protection would not confirm the statistics or discuss reasons for the increase in the San Diego sector.

Sens. John Cornyn and Kay Bailey Hutchison, both Texas Republicans, had wanted to amend the fence bill to give local governments more say about where fencing is erected. They lost that battle, but Republican leaders assured them the Homeland Security Department would have flexibility to choose other options instead of fencing, if needed.

Cornyn said he voted for the fence because he wanted to help demonstrate that Congress was serious about border security.

"The choice we were presented was: Are we going to vote to enhance border security, or against it?" Cornyn said. "I think that's how the vote was viewed."

First published on October 26, 2006

• Upvote 1

1996 William Jefferson Clinton signed

Overview

The Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 (IIRAIRA) strengthened U.S. immigration laws, adding penalties for undocumented immigrants who commit crimes while in the United States or who stay in the U.S. for statutorily defined periods of time. 

The Act was designed to improve border control by imposing criminal penalties for racketeering, alien smuggling and the use or creation of fraudulent immigration-related documents and increasing interior enforcement by agencies charged with monitoring visa applications and visa abusers. The Act also allows for the deportation of undocumented immigrants who commit a misdemeanor or a felony.

The Act mandates that immigrants who are unlawfully present in the U.S. for 180 days but under 365 days must remain outside the United States for three years unless pardoned. If they remain in the United States for 365 days or more, they must stay outside the United States for ten years unless they obtain a waiver. However, if they return to the U.S. without the pardon, they must wait 10 years until they may apply for a waiver.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Theseus said:

Media is far more to blame... they were hostile and non biased long before Trump got into office. The fact that Trump hits back goes against the status quo has brought a great deal to light. People don't like it so be it but they need to stop putting hteir head in the sand to appease everyone because it just lets others walk all over them. Those who speak get heard...those who don't get anything. i didn't say yell.  People don't like Trump on twitter but yet every politician uses twitter and facebook and other forms of social media. Trump is using the tools that are current in technology. At one point in time people hated the president using a car or having a body guard (i.e. secret service). Even during the time of Henry Ford there was opposition to the Model-T. Republicans were getting killed in SM and there was even questions back in 2008 on what to do about it. Trump's adhesive nature to Twitter is great! There is this website called Hootsuite in which I can write a tweet and have it scheduled to go out at anytime of the night. Then people have the perception I am up all night twitting and doing god knows what when the truth is that I am sleeping and dreaming of fairy plums dancing in my head. As a leader Trump is doing a fantastic job. Considering people were dying for conservatives to take the fight to the demoRats. Don't like how the fight is being conducted, do something about it. Quit being an armchair pundit. Get out and do something. Voting is great but its not enough. If you claim that the left has the schools then become a teacher if you are conservative and recruit other conservatives to be teachers. Its how the left started it. then you get people into places where they can hire others. Then the decision making positions. but if you whine and moan and do nothign you were better off with no energy yeb as your president or Hitlary.

I respect your point of view....I do agree the mass media has been brainwashing folks for decades. But I can't agree with you on Trump...wish I could

• Upvote 1