Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump Cancels White House Christmas Party For Journalists

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-apos-cancels-apos-white-112031789.html

Trump ‘cancels’ White House Christmas party for journalists, as feud with media escalates

The Independent Tom Embury-Dennis,The Independent 8 hours ago

Scroll back up to restore default view.

Donald Trump has reportedly cancelled the annual White House Christmas party for members of the media.

The festive gathering has been hosted by presidents for decades, and the apparent decision not to hold it this year, reported by Fox News, marks the latest episode in the Republican leader’s turbulent relationship with journalists.

It follows weeks of speculation as to the fate of the reception – usually attended by legions of Washington journalists – after administration officials refused to say it was going ahead.

“This year we’re inviting Mueller,” Bill Shine, the White House deputy communications chief, quipped when asked about the party last month – a reference to special counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating Trump campaign ties to Russia.

Last year’s Christmas party saw its own controversy, after a number of black and LGBT reporters were left off the guest list for the first time in years.

It also saw CNN boycott the event, “in light of the president’s continued attacks on freedom of the press”.

Those attacks have only escalated over the past 12 months, with Mr Trump repeatedly referring to media he does not approve of as “fake news” and the “enemy of the people”.

In November, tensions peaked when the White House temporarily revoked CNN journalist Jim Acosta’s press pass.

The White House has been contacted for comment.

0?c25=8681371
Related image

GO RV, then BV  :D

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

Never been a fan of Trump personally....was and still am hoping that he can change the culture in DC. Maybe wishful thinking at this point

Morning Caz,

I know you don't care one way or the other about negs.....but I find it interesting how quickly the imbedded types turned on you when you spoke your truth and disparaged their anointed one.  

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Morning Caz,

I know you don't care one way or the other about negs.....but I find it interesting how quickly the imbedded types turned on you when you spoke your truth and disparaged their anointed one.  

GO RV, then BV

It is what it is.....my friend. I'm a conservative till the day I die and won't jump ship like some are starting to do. I voted for Trump mainly because I thought HRC was far worse of a candidate & person. And that's saying a lot because Trump as person is low on the totem pole - jmo 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

It is what it is.....my friend. I'm a conservative till the day I die and won't jump ship like some are starting to do. I voted for Trump mainly because I thought HRC was far worse of a candidate & person. And that's saying a lot because Trump as person is low on the totem pole - jmo 

Right?!....360 million people in this country and those 2 boneheads were the best we could come up with.  :facepalm:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Right?!....360 million people in this country and those 2 boneheads were the best we could come up with.  :facepalm:

GO RV, then BV

well the dems only had like 2 boneheads and they fixed the election for their candidate and the repubs had 19 for which the dems tried to fix that one as well, all in the name of the entitled one. The smart ones don't run for President never have never will. besides the so-called messiah came and gone and turned out to be a false one in every way. He hated America so much he now lives out of the country and only comes back when it suits his pocket book. As well as the grape ape, who just extended her book tour to 20 more cities ecause she didn't make enough money to satisfy the messiah.

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Theseus said:

well the dems only had like 2 boneheads and they fixed the election for their candidate and the repubs had 19 for which the dems tried to fix that one as well, all in the name of the entitled one. The smart ones don't run for President never have never will. besides the so-called messiah came and gone and turned out to be a false one in every way. He hated America so much he now lives out of the country and only comes back when it suits his pocket book. As well as the grape ape, who just extended her book tour to 20 more cities ecause she didn't make enough money to satisfy the messiah.

Former President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle live in D.C.....and it's not behind bars.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

Just now, Shabibilicious said:

Former President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle live in D.C.....and it's not behind bars.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

no their official residence is dubai ...they have a home in dc for which they use use for business

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Theseus said:

all Presidents do business in dc.... its how they get their job done... duh!

Word straight from Trump's mouth is he plans to shut the business down on the 21st if he doesn't get his way.....Man did he get owned in that meeting, they led him right where they wanted him to go.

GO RV, then BV

10 hours ago, Muleslayer said:

or maybe Umbertino?

Luigi ...

I kinda like this article. I absolutely do not agree with any of the points it speaks about, at all. It just not as acidic a presentation on points of view the other side of the aisle holds. In that sense I find it refreshing. There is hope. 

Why hold an event where the majority of the people are just going to insult the c rap out of you ... still ?  And have the  taxpayers pay for it, while the story line reads something like " Second Amendment protected as the press corp calls out Trump at his own party." However loud the press corp gets it their obvious bias and hatred of my  President, does not translate into a reflection of the opinions of the majority of the people of this country hold for our POTUS. To try and equate such a position/situation is conflating lies with truth. It is propaganda and not reporting. I for one would not be surprised if POTUS Trump never attends The White House Correspondents Dinner until the tied changes back to neutrality. Correspondents should simply report the news without bias or bigotry towards the conservative side, and let the people decide .

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1