Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump Warned Of Impeachment And Jail Time

The monumental task of cleaning DC up is underway.  I suspect when complete many from both sides will be gone, perhaps term limits for all will be established....Central Banking/Fed will no longer be in control of US finances.....time will tell...?

I always figured the Little St. James IsIand visits would un-do many of these vile public servants....now, perhaps not.....but just the same, Trump was also a friend/visitor. My belief is that Trump was elected to be a one term President.....clean up Dodge and head home.....Pence would bring back the serenity to DC.......think Gerald Ford....Nixon was a pawn....meant to bring in the new financial system.....Trump  came in under a different auspous.....and note many in his house are Military....Trump will not be going to prison.....but IMO many will....

Just some thoughts.....CL

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Well, OK, The Saul Alinksy "Useful Idiots" Ankle Biter AND Peanut Gallery Members Of The Snowflake AND Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces STILL DO NOT Understand the Constitutional NECESSITY for the Electoral College THAT SERVES ALL True The United States Of America Patriots:

One EXTREMELY ESSENTIAL Point the Video DID NOT make for having the Electoral College is noted here in Federalist Paper 68:

Nothing was more to be desired than that every practicable obstacle should be opposed to cabal, intrigue, and corruption. These most deadly adversaries of republican government might naturally have been expected to make their approaches from more than one querter, but chiefly from the desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils. How could they better gratify this, than by raising a creature of their own to the chief magistracy of the Union? But the convention have guarded against all danger of this sort, with the most provident and judicious attention. They have not made the appointment of the President to depend on any preexisting bodies of men, who might be tampered with beforehand to prostitute their votes; but they have referred it in the first instance to an immediate act of the people of America, to be exerted in the choice of persons for the temporary and sole purpose of making the appointment. And they have excluded from eligibility to this trust, all those who from situation might be suspected of too great devotion to the President in office. No senator, representative, or other person holding a place of trust or profit under the United States, can be of the numbers of the electors. Thus without corrupting the body of the people, the immediate agents in the election will at least enter upon the task free from any sinister bias. Their transient existence, and their detached situation, already taken notice of, afford a satisfactory prospect of their continuing so, to the conclusion of it. The business of corruption, when it is to embrace so considerable a number of men, requires time as well as means. Nor would it be found easy suddenly to embark them, dispersed as they would be over thirteen States, in any combinations founded upon motives, which though they could not properly be denominated corrupt, might yet be of a nature to mislead them from their duty.

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/fed68.asp

This portion of Federalist Paper 68 could be more clearly described here:

The first reason that the founders created the Electoral College is hard to understand today. The founding fathers were afraid of direct election to the Presidency. They feared a tyrant could manipulate public opinion and come to power.

https://www.historycentral.com/elections/Electoralcollgewhy.html

The Founding Fathers were (and still are) geniuses without equal. Had WE THE PEOPLE NOT had the Electoral College, the tyrant Hilly would have been the 45th President Of The United States Of America.

The statement from the Federalist Paper 68 of particular interest is, "These most deadly adversaries of republican government might naturally have been expected to make their approaches from more than one querter, but chiefly from the desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils."

Hence, ALL the false allegations from Mueller Investigation of Trump AND Russian Collusion to manipulate the 2016 Presidential Election with the LSM MSM AND ALL the Ankle Biter Peanut Gallery Members of the Snowflake and Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces ANTICS to cover up the Hilly and Billy (goat) affiliations with Uranium One, Benghazi, China, and a host of other Traitorous Crimes against The United States Of America AND True The United States Of America Patriots with Bark Insane Obama as one of THEIR chief executive front men with ALL the DEEP STATE minions.

The Founding Fathers WERE AND STILL ARE GENIUSES WITHOUT EQUAL!!!

The Liberals AND Progressives are a TOTAL DISGRACE To THIS GREAT NATION!!!

Wait For IT.......................................................................................................................

Wait For IT.......................................................................................................................

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU  Saul Alinksy "Useful Idiots" Ankle Biter AND Peanut Gallery Members Of The Snowflake AND Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces IN ADVANCE for ALL the Red Ruby Citations as Badges Of Honor For ME for "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power" Demonstrating YOUR "Intellectual Envy"!!!

:bravo:       :bravo:       :bravo:

:backflip:               :backflip:               :backflip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-mueller-investigation-live-president-112014305.html

Image result for paranoid trump

Keeping in mind of course that Slick Willy's subsequent impeachment began as a Whitewater investigation, the argument that the any malfeasance on Donald's part has zero to do with Russia is completely irrelevant.  Defrauding the American voter is a crime.  As for Russian collusion, seems there may be more to come.  And even though collusion is not a crime, again if collusion is designed to defraud the American voter, then a crime has be committed.  Time will tell, as will Trump's ever increasing paranoia.  As always, just my opinion, as Donald is afforded the same rights as every citizen, innocent until proven guilty.

GO RV, then BV

If, if, if, Then maybe, maybe maybe. Shabs did you make your comment after the Mueller Report came out on Friday?  You must have commented prior to it coming out. Even Mueller said that the payments that were paid to the "ladies" was from Trumps lawyer, Trump repaid the lawyer from his own pocket . IE Trump never used RNC or any other type of campaign money. So no crime. A candidate can  use as much of his own money as he/she  wants, with there being no crime. The report did mention criminal activities on behalf of the HRC and the DNC. Thin a criminal conspiracye rigging of the DNC campaign to oust B. Sanders, DNC payment for the dossier that was unverified opposition campaign research. Which would have been standard had they keep them in the campaign. Instead of using them ,  in a conspiracy with Comey to twist matters into a false criminal claim , complicated by falsly claiming it as verified FBI research, can you say FISA abuse. Lock her up. Lock her up.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, 8th ID said:

This is where you are wrong BA. President Trump was duly elected by the people. The people voted in their representatives and senators for their districts and states, who in turn cast their vote according to the district or state they represent. Oh, which by the way, is how it is supposed to work according to OUR US CONSTITUTION! Want to change it? Then change the Constitution. Change the Constitution right now and we will lose it all.

I guess most don't realize their vote doesn't actually count. The parties decide. So let's see who complains after the next election.

About the Electors

What are the qualifications to be an Elector?

The U.S. Constitution contains very few provisions relating to the qualifications of Electors. Article II, section 1, clause 2 provides that no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector. As a historical matter, the 14th Amendment provides that state officials who have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the United States or given aid and comfort to its enemies are disqualified from serving as Electors. This prohibition relates to the post-Civil War era.

The National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS) has compiled a brief summary of state laws about the various procedures, which vary from state to state, for selecting slates of potential electors and for conducting the meeting of the electors. The document, Summary: State Laws Regarding Presidential Electors, can be downloaded from the NASS website.

Each state's Certificates of Ascertainment confirms the names of its appointed electors. A state's certification of its electors is generally sufficient to establish the qualifications of electors.

Who selects the Electors?

Choosing each state's Electors is a two-part process. First, the political parties in each state choose slates of potential Electors sometime before the general election. Second, on Election Day, the voters in each state select their state's Electors by casting their ballots for President.

The first part of the process is controlled by the political parties in each state and varies from state to state. Generally, the parties either nominate slates of potential Electors at their state party conventions or they chose them by a vote of the party's central committee. This happens in each state for each party by whatever rules the state party and (sometimes) the national party have for the process. This first part of the process results in each Presidential candidate having their own unique slate of potential Electors.

Political parties often choose Electors for the slate to recognize their service and dedication to that political party. They may be state elected officials, state party leaders, or people in the state who have a personal or political affiliation with their party's Presidential candidate. (For specific information about how slates of potential Electors are chosen, contact the political parties in each state.)

The second part of the process happens on Election Day. When the voters in each state cast votes for the Presidential candidate of their choice they are voting to select their state's Electors. The potential Electors' names may or may not appear on the ballot below the name of the Presidential candidates, depending on election procedures and ballot formats in each state.

The winning Presidential candidate's slate of potential Electors are appointed as the state's Electors—except in Nebraska and Maine, which have proportional distribution of the Electors. In Nebraska and Maine, the state winner receives two Electors and the winner of each congressional district (who may be the same as the overall winner or a different candidate) receives one Elector. This system permits the Electors from Nebraska and Maine to be awarded to more than one candidate.

Are there restrictions on who the Electors can vote for?

There is no Constitutional provision or Federal law that requires Electors to vote according to the results of the popular vote in their states. Some states, however, require Electors to cast their votes according to the popular vote. These pledges fall into two categories—Electors bound by state law and those bound by pledges to political parties.

The U.S. Supreme Court has held that the Constitution does not require that Electors be completely free to act as they choose and therefore, political parties may extract pledges from electors to vote for the parties' nominees. Some state laws provide that so-called "faithless Electors" may be subject to fines or may be disqualified for casting an invalid vote and be replaced by a substitute elector. The Supreme Court has not specifically ruled on the question of whether pledges and penalties for failure to vote as pledged may be enforced under the Constitution. No Elector has ever been prosecuted for failing to vote as pledged.

Today, it is rare for Electors to disregard the popular vote by casting their electoral vote for someone other than their party's candidate. Electors generally hold a leadership position in their party or were chosen to recognize years of loyal service to the party. Throughout our history as a nation, more than 99 percent of Electors have voted as pledged.

The National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS) has compiled a brief summary of state laws about the various procedures, which vary from state to state, for selecting slates of potential electors and for conducting the meeting of the electors. The document, Summary: State Laws Regarding Presidential Electors, can be downloaded from the resources/elections menu on the NASS website.

18 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I guess most don't realize their vote doesn't actually count. The parties decide. So let's see who complains after the next election.

Your candidate lost, so you say some votes doesn't count..Well I cast my vote an Donald Trump won, so my Vote did count...and when  the next election comes around an I cast my vote again for Trump an He will Win again. You will be saying the same thing...an Trump not going to get impeach or spend any time jail....You folks are salivating at the mouth like a rabid dog..the Hate has you delusional...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, new york kevin said:
  • If, if, if, Then maybe, maybe maybe. Shabs did you make your comment after the Mueller Report came out on Friday?  You must have commented prior to it coming out. Even Mueller said that the payments that were paid to the "ladies" was from Trumps lawyer, Trump repaid the lawyer from his own pocket . IE Trump never used RNC or any other type of campaign money. So no crime. A candidate can  use as much of his own money as he/she  wants, with there being no crime. The report did mention criminal activities on behalf of the HRC and the DNC. Thin a criminal conspiracye rigging of the DNC campaign to oust B. Sanders, DNC payment for the dossier that was unverified opposition campaign research. Which would have been standard had they keep them in the campaign. Instead of using them ,  in a conspiracy with Comey to twist matters into a false criminal claim , complicated by falsly claiming it as verified FBI research, can you say FISA abuse. Lock her up. Lock her up.

Though at this point it matters not.....Hils lost, Trump won.  All eyes on him now.  I do find it interesting that you failed to mention Comey going public with negative information concerning Clinton right before the election that certainly cost her votes.....Perhaps that incident doesn't fit comfortably into the narrative you're pushing, Kevin.  As always, just my opinion.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

2 minutes ago, yota691 said:

Your candidate lost, so you say some votes doesn't count..Well I cast my vote an Donald Trump won, so my Vote did count...and when  the next election comes around an I cast my vote again for Trump an He will Win again. You will be saying the same thing...an Trump not going to get impeach or spend any time jail....You folks are salivating at the mouth like a rabid dog..the Hate has you delusional...

Time will tell, yota.....You can relax, I'm sure Mueller will be done with his investigation shortly.

GO RV, then BV

Question:

Why IS the "Cognition" of the Saul Alinsky "Useful Idiots" Ankle Biter Peanut Gallery Members of the Snowflake and Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces INEXTRICABLY "Connected" to THEIR "Safe Space"???!!!

Answer:

Because once the "Cognition" passes through the "Event Horizon" (heaven forbid) of the "Black Hole", irreversible gravitation forces ENTIRELY PREVENT return to the desired and necessary state of Reason AND Common Sense where REALITY, AND acting in accordance thereof, are APPLIED for ACTUAL Life, Liberty, AND The Pursuit Of Happiness lived, fought, AND died for by True The United States Of America Patriots - NONE of whom have EVER passed through ANY "Event Horizon" OR EVER WILL!!!

Wait For IT.......................................................................

Wait For IT.......................................................................

The Saul Alinsky "Useful Idiots" Ankle Biter Peanut Gallery Members of the Snowflake and Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces will be along shortly to issue ME Red Ruby Citations As Badges Of Honor For "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power" to Display THEIR "Intellectual Envy" being DEVOID of Reason AND Common Sense AND to acknowledge MY Display of Reason AND Common Sense for ACTUALLY BEING a True The United States Of America Patriot!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, In Advance To ALL The Saul Alinsky "Useful Idiots" Ankle Biter Peanut Gallery Members of the Snowflake and Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces for ALL The Red Ruby Citations to acknowledge MY ACTUALLY BEING a True The United States Of America Patriot!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

There are two things that can set this country into a Civil War.....trying to take our guns away and trying to Impeach a sitting president that we the people elected with no proof that he has done anything wrong while all the other criminals in Congress and govt run free.....They better think again before they commit such an act or the streets will be filled with rage directed at them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Heavyduty053 said:

There are two things that can set this country into a Civil War.....trying to take our guns away and trying to Impeach a sitting president that we the people elected with no proof that he has done anything wrong while all the other criminals in Congress and govt run free.....They better think again before they commit such an act or the streets will be filled with rage directed at them

And what if they prove there are crimes by H. Clinton and Trump, will you accept both, or just one?  

GO RV, then BV

Crimes are crimes...if they commit them while in office that means that they had all the means and all the avenues to do what they done while thinking the people will not care.....IF he is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be guilty of something then so be it....but Meuller has been at it for two years and hasn't come up with nothing. Don't get me wrong I don't approve of no elected official abusing the trust of their office.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Heavyduty053 said:

Crimes are crimes...if they commit them while in office that means that they had all the means and all the avenues to do what they done while thinking the people will not care.....IF he is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be guilty of something then so be it....but Meuller has been at it for two years and hasn't come up with nothing. Don't get me wrong I don't approve of no elected official abusing the trust of their office.

And as of right now....we're roughly into the Mueller investigation about the same amount of time as the Watergate investigation.  

GO RV, then BV

23 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Question:

Why IS the "Cognition" of the Saul Alinsky "Useful Idiots" Ankle Biter Peanut Gallery Members of the Snowflake and Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces INEXTRICABLY "Connected" to THEIR "Safe Space"???!!!

Answer:

Because once the "Cognition" passes through the "Event Horizon" (heaven forbid) of the "Black Hole", irreversible gravitation forces ENTIRELY PREVENT return to the desired and necessary state of Reason AND Common Sense where REALITY, AND acting in accordance thereof, are APPLIED for ACTUAL Life, Liberty, AND The Pursuit Of Happiness lived, fought, AND died for by True The United States Of America Patriots - NONE of whom have EVER passed through ANY "Event Horizon" OR EVER WILL!!!

The Saul Alinsky "Useful Idiots" Ankle Biter Peanut Gallery Members of the Snowflake and Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces will be along shortly to issue ME Red Ruby Citations As Badges Of Honor For "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power" to Display THEIR "Intellectual Envy" being DEVOID of Reason AND Common Sense AND to acknowledge MY Display of Reason AND Common Sense for ACTUALLY BEING a True The United States Of America Patriot!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, In Advance To ALL The Saul Alinsky "Useful Idiots" Ankle Biter Peanut Gallery Members of the Snowflake and Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces for ALL The Red Ruby Citations to acknowledge MY ACTUALLY BEING a True The United States Of America Patriot!!!

WOWZERS!!!

A Saul Alinsky "Useful Idiot" Ankle Biter Peanut Gallery Member of the Snowflake and Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces ACTUALLY DID Give ME a Red Ruby Citation for ACTUALLY BEING A True The United States Of America Patriot for "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power" as a Badge Of Honor for ME to Display THEIR "Intellectual Envy" AND THEIR "Safe Space" "Cognition" "Connection"!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,  Saul Alinsky "Useful Idiot" Ankle Biter Peanut Gallery Member of the Snowflake and Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces for ALL The Red Ruby Citations to acknowledge MY ACTUALLY BEING a True The United States Of America Patriot!!!

Enjoy Displaying AND Demonstrating YOUR "Connection"!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In my opinion the entire Mueller Investigation should be thrown out based on the fact that the entire Russian Collusion story was based on a phony Dossier which was probably illegally put forth by the Democratic supporters at the DoJ/FBi to a Dem Judge.  Baloney.  How about the way Mueller has gone about getting his information.  Sweating everyone in the Trump orbit to get anything on the guy.  How about Client, Attorney privilege.  Cohn was a weakling and was in trouble no matter what with the way he was selling exposure to Trump much like the Clinton Foundation.  He is only trying to save his butt from some serious jail time.  He isn't a credible witness imo.  

Just because the Snowflakes, the Media, and the Swamp want President Trump out of office doesn't mean they get to BREAKK the law to do it.  I said it last night and I will say it again today.  NO DEMOCRAT could stand up to the scrutiny that President Trump has had to endure.  Mueller and the Democrats, the Media, the Doj, the FBI and many others have perpetrated a heinous crime on the American people.  They will be brought accountable before this is all done and it's not going to be pretty for Mr. Mueller, Mr Comey, and all the others who have instigated this Investigation.  

I'm with you Heavyduty, let's see them try to Impeach Trump and get him out of office.  There will be HELL to pay if that happens.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Though at this point it matters not.....Hils lost, Trump won.  All eyes on him now.  I do find it interesting that you failed to mention Comey going public with negative information concerning Clinton right before the election that certainly cost her votes.....Perhaps that incident doesn't fit comfortably into the narrative you're pushing, Kevin.  As always, just my opinion.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

My friend, I didn't miss that point. I assumed it was common knowledge, and also mute. IMHO, it also was not a part of the discussion blah blah someone from the 2016 campaign is going to jail. IMHO, Comey.was use to the lime light, he just was not use to his self imposed General-ship and he messed up. Additionally, Comey who was dirty was trying to create a plausible deniability vail with that move of his you mentioned. He was also part of the HRC is not going to loose the election at the point he made that ill-timed move. But thanks to Mueller its a

mostly out in the open now. Now the only question is will that group of Republicans get that second Special Counsel thing up and running by the end of this month.  If successful, lock her up,lock her up, won't just be just a campaign slogan anymore.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, new york kevin said:

My friend, I didn't miss that point. I assumed it was common knowledge, and also mute. IMHO, it also was not a part of the discussion blah blah someone from the 2016 campaign is going to jail. IMHO, Comey.was use to the lime light, he just was not use to his self imposed General-ship and he messed up. Additionally, Comey who was dirty was trying to create a plausible deniability vail with that move of his you mentioned. He was also part of the HRC is not going to loose the election at the point he made that ill-timed move. But thanks to Mueller its a

mostly out in the open now. Now the only question is will that group of Republicans get that second Special Counsel thing up and running by the end of this month.  If successful, lock her up,lock her up, won't just be just a campaign slogan anymore.

True enough, Kevin.....and with Russia, Wikileaks, Stone and Corsi all amped up and in Trump's corner......Hils may very well find herself behind bars.  Trey Gowdy might just be the Special Counsel guy they're looking for.  He'll be out of a job and I'm quite sure he's still miffed how he was never able to pin anything on her.....so his motivation would be high.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

3 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Time will tell, yota.....You can relax, I'm sure Mueller will be done with his investigation shortly.

GO RV, then BV

Mueller has a very sorted history.....it will be interesting to watch it all play out.....wonder if Mueller would be out of prison yet if they had looked at what he was doing  in the 80's ....as closely as he he is looking at others today....

Puppet Masters

Andrew Weissman
© Paul S. Howell / Getty Images
Andrew Weissman
Special Counsel Robert Mueller III and lead attorney in the Special Counsel's Office Andrew Weissmann have been connected to one another throughout most of their careers, and both men moved quickly to the top tackling major crime syndicates and white-collar crime. 

Ironically, both men were also connected in two of the biggest corruption investigations in FBI history. But rarely are Weissmann and Mueller's past cases discussed in the media. Their past is relevant because it gives a roadmap to the future - now that these two longtime colleagues are charged with one of the most controversial investigations into a president in recent history. 

"The integrity of the "investigation" and of the "investigators" must be a paramount priority in our criminal justice system at all times," said David Schoen, a civil rights and defense attorney, who has been outspoken on the special counsel investigation. "Certainly this fundamental guiding principle must be followed when it comes to an investigation of the duly elected President of the United States. The outcome potentially affects every one of us in very real terms...There were many alternatives to Mr. Mueller and his team and all of their very troubling baggage." 

"(Mueller and Weissmann) were both connected to two of the biggest scandals in FBI history," Schoen added. 

Special Counsel spokesman, Peter Carr, declined to comment. 

Weissman, described by the New York Times as Mueller's 'pit bull'was Mueller's legal advisor for national security in 2005 and later was selected by Mueller to be his General Counsel at the FBI. It made sense for Mueller, who left his $3.4 million a year job at the top D.C. law firm WilmerHale, to bring Weissmann with him to the special counsel team to investigate President Trump and his alleged collusion with Russia in the 2016 election. Weissmann, was a specialist in tracking financing and corruption, was at the time head of the Department of Justice's criminal fraud section. Mueller saw nobody better than Weissmann to help navigate the murky waters of the investigation and Weissmann was lauded by some and criticized by others, for doing whatever it took to win a case, as reported. 

Mueller was also aware of critical issues with Weissmann's handling of the Enron and Arthur Anderson cases, as well as his involvement in the Eastern District of New York's case against the Colombo crime family. 

Weissmann's involvement in the Colombo case in the 1990s was the first of many cases that would draw criticism from his peers but this case, in particular, would be one of the FBI's biggest blunders. As I outlined last month, Judge Charles P. Sifton reprimanded Weissmann for withholding evidence from the defense, as previously reported. Weissmann allowed a corrupt FBI agent to testify against the defendants in the case despite having knowledge that the agent was under investigation. The agent had a nefarious relationship with a reputed underboss of the Colombo crime family, who was accused later of numerous murders, court records reveal. 

Mueller had similar troubles during the 1980s in Boston when he was Acting U.S. Attorney from 1986 through 1987. Under Mueller's watch in Boston, another one of the FBI's most scandalous cases occurred. At the time, an FBI agent by the name of John Connolly, who is now in prison for murder-related charges, had been the handler for James 'Whitey' Bulger. Bulger, who Connolly aided in escaping FBI custody in the 90s, was a notorious mobster and murderer who had been working as a confidential informant for the FBI against other crime syndicates in the Boston area. Mueller, who oversaw the FBI during his time there, was criticized by the media and congressional members for how the situation in Boston was handled. Bulger, who committed numerous murders during his time as an informant, disappeared for more than 16 years until he was finally captured in California in 2011; by that time Mueller was director of the FBI.
James 'Whitey' Bulger
© Boston Police
James 'Whitey' Bulger
"Many have suggested (Mueller) never should have been FBI Director, a position in which he then hired Weissmann to be his counsel - and, of course, Weissman presided over the No. 1 most corrupt relationship between an FBI agent (Lyn Devecchio) and his informant (Greg Scarpa, Sr.)," Schoen said. 

The defendants in the Colombo related cases were acquitted after it was discovered that Weissmann and his team had withheld evidence. There were 16 defendants in front of 48 different jurors and 4 different judges. Three others had their convictions overturned. Two men convicted without the evidence having been revealed remain in prison, serving life sentences. 

At one trial, Weissmann and his co-counsel expressly vouched for the integrity of the corrupt agent, concealing the corruption, and arguing to the jury that if they had any reason to believe the agent lied about anything they should acquit the defendant, according to court records and Schoen. 

But Mueller and Weissmann's past isn't part of the public discussion. The special counsel investigation has enjoyed, overall, bipartisan support from senior lawmakers. Recently, however, the tide may be shifting against the ongoing investigation, which has yet to prove collusion. 

Evidence has surfaced over the past year revealing the FBI's partisan behavior and the bureau's role in targeting the Trump investigation. The DOJ's Inspector General Michael Horowitz, as well as Congress, have uncovered troves of documents that have led to the removal, demotion or firing of numerous FBI agents and DOJ officials. Last week, former Deputy Director Andrew McCabe was fired by the DOJ on a recommendation by the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility after it received evidence revealing McCabe lied under oath and authorized a leak to the Wall Street Journal, as reported.
mueller
© Getty Images
Special Counsel Robert Mueller III and Whitey Bulger
  • James 'Whitey' Bulger: a notorious gangster and murderer from Boston, who was also a long time confidential informant of the FBI.
  • During the 1980s, Mueller served as an assistant US attorney and then as the acting US attorney in Boston. The FBI was under his supervision during the time Bulger was an informant.
  • Former FBI Special Agent John Connolly, who is now in prison for racketeering and murder-related charges, had been the handler for James 'Whitey' Bulger. He allegedly tipped off Bulger that one of his business associates was going to testify against him. Bulger had his associate murdered.
  • Bulger was a confidential informant for the FBI since 1975 and escaped arrest by the FBI in the 90s after his FBI handler informed Bulger an arrest was imminent. He was on the run for 16 years and captured in 2011. Mueller was then director of the FBI.
  • In 1965 four men were convicted of a murder that the FBI later learned they did not commit. Three of the men faced death sentences.
  • The FBI had learned during the time Bulger was an informant that the men did not commit the murders. The men served decades in prison and two of them died in prison.
  • A jury trial revealed that the FBI had known the men were innocent but withheld the evidence from state law enforcement authorities.
  • In 2007, a jury awarded more than $101 million in damages to the surviving men and their families.
  • However, during the time the men were in prison Mueller wrote multiple letters to the parole and pardons board opposing clemency for the four men. Mueller never answered questions as to what he knew about the case or if he was aware of the men's innocence,as reported extensively by Kevin Cullen, a Pulitzer Prize-winning writer with the Boston Globe.
  • In 2013, Bulger went on trial for 32 counts of racketeering, money laundering and extortion. He was also indicted on weapons charges and 19 counts of murder.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1